PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ken(Packfan), this one's for you! "Another Wasted #1 Pick?"

BigChiefsFan
09-14-2000, 11:03 PM
I thought this was too funny and I had to post it considering Ken's constant criticism of Carl Peterson's #1 picks.

From the Kffl website:

Packers | Another Wasted #1 Pick?- posted at KFFL (www.kffl.com)

18:22 ET: The Press Gazette is reporting CB Antuan Edwards, is starting to look like another one of GM Ron Wolf's No. 1 picks that isn't going to cut it. Edwards has gotten too thick to cover man-to-man as a cornerback and hasn't demonstrated play-making or striking ability as a safety.

Ah, too bad. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif<BR>

TEX
09-14-2000, 11:55 PM
Don't you know that this is Carl's fault because the Chiefs didn't draft Edwards before the Packers did? If the Chiefs would have drafted Edwards, then Wolf wouldn't have been able to! Don't you see the logic there? *grin*

IMHO, Wolf did a good job in drafting Mike McKenzie in round 3 of that same draft. I believe, he's a player.

morphius
09-15-2000, 07:10 AM
TX - When your first three picks our CB's you better get at least one that can play.

Packfan will not be on here until the Packers win a game, he is probably too embarrassed at Wolf's coach picking ability to say anything about the Chiefs.

Duck Dog
09-15-2000, 07:50 AM
FudgePack fan won't reply to a post like this. He's too hard headed to admit his errors....kind of like Carl. Maybe....nahh...

------------------
~Duckaholic~
[i]Shoot 'em in the lips</I>

Cormac
09-15-2000, 07:50 AM
I think Wolf just picked a 'yes man' (Sherman) because he doesn't want to relinquish any of his power. He just wanted a pawn to coach under him.........someone that he could control. Oh, hang on.............that was Carl that did that. Sorry Ken http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

TEX
09-15-2000, 08:23 AM
But the Chiefs STILL have NOT won a playoff game in 6 years!!!!

If Ken won't show, I'll at least answer for him. *grin*

Packfan
09-16-2000, 12:14 PM
Wolf hasnt done much in the first round. Unlike Peterson, at least Wolf admits it. Wolf does his best work in later rounds. Also, the Packers have been to a couple of Super Bowls in the last five years. You guys are barking up the wrong tree. You ought to be disecting the performance of your own GM (Peterson) who is still looking for a QB, RB, and Cornerbacks. Not to mention a playoff victory.

Tomahawk 11
09-16-2000, 04:38 PM
I have to agree with PackFan on this. You guys were calling him out hardcore too.

Hey Pack, are there any BB's like this for the Pack?

[This message has been edited by Tomahawk 11 (edited 09-16-2000).]

TEX
09-16-2000, 06:04 PM
Ken,
My response that I gave for you was pretty close to yours.I was a tad worried until I got to the last sentence, then order was restored. *grin*

Do I get any points for actually being at the Astrodome for the last Chiefs playoff win??

Packfan
09-17-2000, 10:39 AM
KC Chief fan - Texas,

You went to the Chiefs last playoff victory? Good for you! I know a few people that made the trip down from KC. Sounds like you live there. How ironic that the QB for Houston that day is now the Chiefs backup (and 43 years old). Isnt it something how Houston decided to rebuild after that season and a few years later, they were in the super bowl? What has happened to the KC Chiefs after that playoff game? No playoff wins, no direction, and lingering holes at key positions: QB, RB, Corner Back.

And some of you think the Chiefs shouldnt rebuild.