PDA

View Full Version : Chargers best run Def. weve faced...

AZChief
09-17-2000, 11:33 AM
Statistically, the Chargers are the best run defense we've faced so far. The Bolts are the fifth best rush defense in the league giving up only 65.5 yards per game. This is fewer yards than both Tennessee and Indy. If the Gun/Raye "Stoogefest" attempts to run at this front without misdirection, play action, or some creativity it will be a looong day at Arrowhead. Think under 2 yards per carry...

While I'm quick to blame the dismal rushing game on the coaches and backs at what point do we look at the blocking up front?

------------------
AZChief

Remember Kansas City's hero, Joe Delaney #37.

milkman
09-17-2000, 11:39 AM
Hey, Gun told us the Chiefs were going to create mismatches this season, and he's true to his words. We have 6 blockers up front, trying to create holes for our running game against 8 and 9 man fronts. Classic mismatch.
Look for the Chiefs to run up Grunny's butt about 35 times today for a whopping total of about 70 yards.

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

[b]The SitCom must die!!</B>

AZChief
09-17-2000, 11:48 AM
It's really getting frustrating, isn't it? Everyone in the stadium knows KC's gonna run. The Defense has 9 men in the box, our O line blocking is less than spectacular, our RB talent is near the bottom of the league... yet we continue to believe we can succeed running the ball.

SD's secondary is so banged up. This is an obvious area to attack. (See Joe Horn last week) Obvious for a normal coordinator. I expect a very frustrated Arrowhead crowd to express their feelings to Raye and Co.

AZ

milkman
09-17-2000, 11:54 AM
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Chiefs O is booed as they take the field for the first time today.
On another subject, I'm watching the Bucs, and Sapp got a sack on Batch. He was completely unblocked. I can't see or O-Line making that kind of mistake.

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

The SitCom must die!!

[This message has been edited by milkman (edited 09-17-2000).]