PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying ESPN Sunday Night Football Announcer?

Herzig
09-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Which one annoys you the most? Poll forthcoming.

Miles
09-25-2005, 09:15 PM
I really dont understand what the purpose of suzy colber is. She just reads off scripted BS about backstories on players. Basically the same crap the annyoing ass guys in the booth are saying but for some reason she has to be on the sideline to say it. And she is not hot at all.

Its a tough call but I think Mike Patrick might be the worst.

DJay23
09-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Kolber tries too hard to be some kind of edgy hardcore football dike. She's too "X-games" for me. All in my face, and I agree, I don't know anymore that I find her all that desirable.

Theisman is an idiot. I think when his leg snapped in two, half of his brain cells rushed to the break and are now scar tissue. What's worse is he's an idiot who doesn't know he is and he is ALWAYS right.

McGuire is a dumbass too, but I can stomach him. He at least will admit he's a moron.

Mike Patrick is ok. Talks a little too slow for my taste, but I can tolerate him.

Kerberos
09-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Theisman is a complete tool.

He annoys me to the point I usually can't watch sunday night football unless the Chiefs are playing and last week was Theismanless ... but we had to put up with Sterling Sharp instead. :cuss: :banghead:

I can't win...

:cuss: :banghead:

Deberg_1990
09-25-2005, 09:30 PM
McGuire by faaaaar for me. Im sure not many people remember but he used to do the Chiefs pre-season games back in the mid 1980's....he sucked then too.

rageeumr
09-25-2005, 09:33 PM
I have no problem with Patrick. I can stand Theismann. He has his moments, however. But for Maguire, all I have is hatred. Pure hatred.

Rain Man
09-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Better get used to Joe Theisman. I'm too lazy to find a link, but in the newspaper a couple of days ago, it said that he's going to be replacing Madden on Monday Night Football next year.

I don't blame Theisman so much as I blame some person at the network who said, "Hey, here's an idea. Theisman's really popular with the fans, so let's sign him for Monday Night Football."

KILLER_CLOWN
09-25-2005, 09:36 PM
I really don't understand why so many hate theismann, he's only 2nd to Jaws with the Vermeil love affair. Vermeil has him address the team before every game of ours he does.

wutamess
09-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Am I of the minority that thinks they're the best NFL announcing crew period?

I love them.
They balance out each other and do an excellent job.

Ultra Peanut
09-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Am I of the minority that thinks they're the best NFL announcing crew period?

I love them.
They balance out each other and do an excellent job.I don't think they're particularly great, and McGuire and Theismann can be annoying at times, but I don't see why they're so universally loathed.

Demonpenz
09-25-2005, 09:49 PM
patrick is good, thiesman good, the other guy sucks

|Zach|
09-25-2005, 09:50 PM
I don't think they're particularly great, and McGuire and Theismann can be annoying at times, but I don't see why they're so universally loathed.
What you said.

Herzig
09-25-2005, 09:56 PM
patrick is good, thiesman good, the other guy sucks

agreed. McGuire gets on my nerves. He comes off like "Mr. Know it all"...Joe has his moments too. Kolber is not "Jill Arrington" hot to me either, but she doesn't annoy me.

None of these guys are as annoying as Randy Cross or Sterling Sharpe to me though.

cdcox
09-25-2005, 09:57 PM
The Walrus.

|Zach|
09-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Where is the "none" option.

Herzig
09-25-2005, 10:02 PM
Where is the "none" option.

That would be the "Gaz" option.

chief52
09-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Theisman is the most irratating announcer I have ever heard. Comes off as the most arrogant a-hole...

Bwana
09-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Paul. I think Suzy is really "Sammy" that is not a chick!

C-Mac
09-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Paul. I think Suzy is really "Sammy" that is not a chick!

Suzy N. Furter

Simplex3
09-25-2005, 10:52 PM
While I'm not a huge fan I'd say they're as good as anybody else right now.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-25-2005, 10:53 PM
I like how patrick stated that the "Chiefs have a bye this week" I may have to drop him from 1 to -1 on my rating scale for that.

Garcia Bronco
09-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Colber is completely worthless

Rain Man
09-25-2005, 11:08 PM
Colber is completely worthless

I can envision a couple of ways that she could generate revenue.

chief52
09-25-2005, 11:10 PM

:) Good one... :):):)

Demonpenz
09-25-2005, 11:10 PM

as a scarecrow?

Simplex3
09-25-2005, 11:11 PM
as a scarecrow?
ROFL

Demonpenz
09-25-2005, 11:13 PM
talk all you want about stearling sharpe but that guy could go get it in tecmo

DJJasonp
09-25-2005, 11:41 PM
McGuire is the biggest fool of them all.....how bout tonight....

"Did you see Ladanians moves....look how many moves....(while replay rolls...)...1, 2. 3, 4 ,5 ,6 7...."

(while in actuality, there was only 2 moves)

He starts every comment with...."let me show you something...." or "let me tell you something...." and then, halfway through the comment, he realized that the replay doesnt match what he's talking about, and he'll start commenting on something completely different than what he started with. He is absolutely the worst in the business. Period. At least Theisman throws in a few non-obvious observations from time to time (even though every play and player is the best he's ever seen).

I'll take Madden's rambling....Enberg's incorrect name calling....etc etc over ESPN's Sunday night crew any day

Miles
09-25-2005, 11:57 PM
McGuire is the biggest fool of them all.....how bout tonight....

"Did you see Ladanians moves....look how many moves....(while replay rolls...)...1, 2. 3, 4 ,5 ,6 7...."

(while in actuality, there was only 2 moves)

He starts every comment with...."let me show you something...." or "let me tell you something...." and then, halfway through the comment, he realized that the replay doesnt match what he's talking about, and he'll start commenting on something completely different than what he started with. He is absolutely the worst in the business. Period. At least Theisman throws in a few non-obvious observations from time to time (even though every play and player is the best he's ever seen).

I'll take Madden's rambling....Enberg's incorrect name calling....etc etc over ESPN's Sunday night crew any day

Patrick and McGuire constantly misinterpret what is going on, or like your're saying describe things completly different.

HemiEd
09-26-2005, 06:59 AM
Suzy Colber got an excellent comment from Marty going in at half. It went something like this:

"We need to do the right thing at the right time."

RedandGold
09-26-2005, 07:16 AM
It was a close race between Theisman (arrogant jackass) and Colber (waste of airtime).

In the end, I had to pick Colber since Theisman at least brings some football knowledge to the table.

chagrin
09-26-2005, 08:14 AM
I really dont understand what the purpose of suzy colber is.

She was cool for I think, 1 NFL season, then they let her host NFL matchup, what a fugging disaster. Now she is the official, hip hop dumb fug chick broadcaster. Her and Andrea Kramer, worthless.

Anyone catch Suzy's bit on Eli last noght about "handling pressure" she had this big stupis smile on her face, "Eli says that he is used to handling pressure, he says when you grow up with Peyton and your dad is Archie Manning, you get used to it..."

that is an example of the insight she provdes, and that is a quote from her. :shake:

P.S. McGuire is the most annoying to me because, unlike ThEEsman, he just makes shit up.