PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone make throwing the football look easier than Drew Bledsoe?

jAZ
09-25-2005, 10:14 PM
He's no longer the QB that he was when he came into the league, but there is something very distinctive about the look of his passes. They are absolute bullets and he makes it look like he's not even trying.

He has that "prototypical" look to him when he throws the ball.

None of this really matters of course, because they don't award style points for being a QB. But it's just something I noticed in watching the SF/Dal highlights.

Demonpenz
09-25-2005, 10:21 PM
he passed johnny U on the yards list

jAZ
09-25-2005, 10:27 PM
I'm trying to think of a good way to describe what it looks like to me.

The football looks smaller when he's throwing it, than it does when most other NFL QB's are throwing it.

I've noticed the same thing when you compare typical QBs at different levels (NFL v College, College v High School). Only with Bledsoe, we are talking him vs all other NFL QBs.

Demonpenz
09-25-2005, 10:31 PM
bledsoe still got picked off by the king

jAZ
09-25-2005, 10:32 PM
bledsoe still got picked off by the king
Who's the king?

Simplex3
09-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Who's the king?
The Burger King commercial, but that was a tipped pass.

jAZ
09-25-2005, 10:35 PM
The Burger King commercial, but that was a tipped pass.
Ohhh!!

ROFL

ZootedGranny
09-25-2005, 10:36 PM
He's not a favorite of mine, but this thread belongs to Vick. I won't touch the accuracy of his passes, but I've never seen someone flick a pass 65 yards in the air off of his back foot running away.

KCJake
09-25-2005, 10:52 PM
I watched a show on ESPN a few years ago. It showed Marty Schottenheimer and Carl Peterson watching Bledsoe workout at the NFL Combine. Carl said, "you can't throw a football any better than that." Marty said, if you built a robot to throw a football, it would throw the ball just like Bledsoe.

ZootedGranny
09-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Marty said, if you built a robot to throw a football, it would throw the ball just like Bledsoe.

Haha, what prophetic words.

Halfcan
09-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Sorry I will have to go with Grbac. Nobody through a 98mph line-drive to the receivers ankles from ten feet away like him.

Valiant
09-26-2005, 12:58 AM
He's not a favorite of mine, but this thread belongs to Vick. I won't touch the accuracy of his passes, but I've never seen someone flick a pass 65 yards in the air off of his back foot running away.

I can do that easily, and just like Vick it would no where near anybody also...

Jim Jones
09-26-2005, 01:11 AM
I know what you mean mang. On that pass to Terry Glenn with like 3 mins left it looked so effortless.

patteeu
09-26-2005, 05:38 AM
I'd put Jeff George up against Bledsoe in this category.

cadmonkey
09-26-2005, 06:13 AM
I remember the days that he used to try and just throw the ball out of bounds and it would get picked off for a touchdown. Those were the good old days here in New England.

Amnorix
09-26-2005, 06:18 AM
Bledsoe has precisely everything you want for a great QB, when it comes to physical skills.

Million dollar arm.

Ten cent head.

Phobia
09-26-2005, 06:18 AM
It's like when somebody brings a youth football to tailgating. I can hum that sumbitch with a beautiful, tight spiral with a flick of the wrist every time. Break out the regulation ball and we get "quack, quack, quack" every 5th throw or so.

Swanman
09-26-2005, 06:51 AM
Bledsoe has precisely everything you want for a great QB, when it comes to physical skills.

Million dollar arm.

Ten cent head.

There must have been something in the water at Washington State several years back, because both Bledsoe and Ryan Leaf had unbelievable success and athletic ability while in college and then lived up to about 1.4% of their perceived potential in the pros. I remember watching Bledsoe in college throw a 70 yard pass off his back foot sidearm and hit his receiver in stride.

Phobia
09-26-2005, 06:52 AM
There must have been something in the water at Washington State several years back, because both Bledsoe and Ryan Leaf had unbelievable success and athletic ability while in college and then lived up to about 1.4% of their perceived potential in the pros. I remember watching Bledsoe in college throw a 70 yard pass off his back foot sidearm and hit his receiver in stride.

This post is just wrong. Absolutely unfair to Bledsoe.

jspchief
09-26-2005, 07:00 AM
Bledsoe also makes standing in the pocket too long and getting sacked look easy.