View Full Version : Whitlock: Better be nice to KC, Madden

tk13
09-26-2005, 02:42 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/12741582.htm

Better be nice to KC, Madden
JASON WHITLOCK
Kansas City Star

Dear John Madden:

Hey, buddy. Iím writing to give you a little advice before tonightís big game. You might think this is an ordinary, week-three ďMonday Night FootballĒ clash, pitting the Chiefs vs. the Broncos ó a good early-season matchup but nothing all that special.

I know different. This is the most important broadcast of your career. If you donít say all of the right things, your life and your career could be in jeopardy.

Insecure Chiefs fans are at their breaking point. If they donít feel the Chiefs get enough ďnational respectĒ tonight from you and Al Michaels, someone is going to pay.

Last weekend the Chiefs and their fans were disrespected by Sterling Sharpe, a fill-in color commentator for ESPNís Sunday night broadcast. Sharpe made the mistake of talking about Randy Moss, the most talented player in the league and one of the most controversial.

Chiefs fans rallied in protest and started e-mailing the higher-ups at ESPN asking that Sharpe never be used again. They even convinced Dick Vermeil that Sharpe was unfair in his coverage.

Well, John, you donít have to make the same mistake as Sharpe. The Chiefs have a talented, controversial player for you to talk about. You would make Chiefs fans very happy if you spent all night talking about Larry Johnson. Heís bucking to be Kansas Cityís very own Randy Moss.

Heís already working on a nice police rap sheet. Heís on diversion from a domestic case involving an ex-girlfriend. And he was recently accused of pushing another woman at a KC nightclub. Larry can run the ball and run his mouth.

If you donít want to talk about Johnson, maybe you could talk about how the Chiefsí defense is performing without King Drink, suspended cornerback Eric Warfield. Yeah, you could rave about how KCís D is improved and will only get better when King Drink replaces Dexter McCleon.

Whatever you do, John, just remember to talk about the Chiefs. The fans here get really upset when broadcasters act as if KCís opposition has had far more success than the Chiefs over the last couple of decades.

Please donít mention that Mike Shanahan has owned Vermeilís Chiefs inside The New Mile High.

Really, it would be best if you didnít mention Denverís stadium at all. It might remind Chiefs fans that weíre headed for a major showdown with the Hunt family if we donít build the Chiefs a new stadium soon. Chiefs fans prefer to live in denial. They think we can come up with a Band-aid, renovation solution at Arrowhead that will keep the Hunt family happy. They refuse to acknowledge that the Cleveland Browns had a large, rabid fan base when Art Modell moved to Baltimore. A season-ticket waiting list is no protection when an owner has his eyes on a shiny new stadium.

Also, John, donít mention John Elway. Even if heís in the stands tonight, ask the producers to avoid panning the cameras on the greatest player in the history of the league. Elway still causes nightmares in KC. Elway is a reminder that itís been 30 years since the Chiefs developed their own QB.

Boy, this is really going to be tough tonight. There are so many topics that are off-limits. When discussing KCís improved D, itís best not to mention the fact that Gunther Cunningham replaced Greg Robinson, the coordinator Shanahan bamboozled Vermeil into hiring.

Ooops, better not mention Shannon Sharpe, Sterlingís brother. Shannon used to kill the Chiefs.

On a positive note, you can speak glowingly of Neil Smith. He won two Super Bowls with the Broncos, but heís still more of a Chief than a Bronco. He hangs out on the KC sideline now that heís retired. He knows what he needs to do to sell gumbo in a barbecue town.

John, if you want to be welcome in KC in the future, speak glowingly of the Chiefs no matter the score.

Your friend,

Jason

Pants
09-26-2005, 02:46 AM
What. A. ****ing. Tool.

He knows what he's doing, he knows he's wrong, he's just doing it to get more people pissed (which they will, because they'll eat this shit up, and I can't say I blame them) and to stirr the shit.

Whitlock, you're a fat f*cking tool for doing this. I hope you get that job at ESPN and GTFO of KC, you idiotic piece of shit.

elvomito
09-26-2005, 02:51 AM
if it wasn't for us, what would jason write about?

Ari Chi3fs
09-26-2005, 03:00 AM
It amazes me that he comes here daily... most people totally dislike him. Im indifferent. I think his schtick is funny at times... but he stirs the shit too much, probably due to writers block or just a desire to feel relevant. He thinks of himself as a high level elite college athlete, but he is a Little Turd in a big punchbowl at times.

And Im glad I aint drinking the Kool-Aid.

Miles
09-26-2005, 03:02 AM
Nicely written article with some quality sarcasm. Whitlock is on a pretty good roll with quality articles this season.

Miles
09-26-2005, 03:05 AM
He thinks of himself as a high level elite college athlete, but he is a Little Turd in a big punchbowl at times.

And Im glad I aint drinking the Kool-Aid.

Agreed, but i dont think he has pulled that in a bit. Its been about a month or so at least.

|Zach|
09-26-2005, 03:06 AM
ROFL ROFL

Miles
09-26-2005, 03:08 AM
if it wasn't for us, what would jason write about?

Yeah, reporters for the local newspaper shouldn't write about their citie's teams. What a hack.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2005, 03:09 AM
if it wasn't for us, what would jason write about?Yeah, we bitch about him. He gets material. I'm sure he love this...

Pants
09-26-2005, 03:10 AM
Nicely written article with some quality sarcasm. Whitlock is on a pretty good roll with quality articles this season.

Yeah, it's over the top bullshit, but it's still bullshit that will piss people off and stir the shit.

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
09-26-2005, 03:10 AM
It's sad really.

You just know this constant "I'm crying out for attention" mind set is the product of a childhood fraught with deep feelings of insecurity.

You see that Jason?!

I can shoot low too.

Pants
09-26-2005, 03:12 AM
Yeah, reporters for the local newspaper shouldn't write about their citie's teams. What a hack.
Yeah dude, he's writing some real quality shit. Real quality shit like saying the fans are idiots for reacting to Sharpe that way without even listening to the commentary in question. He's the shit when it comes to being a good journalist, thas f'sho!

|Zach|
09-26-2005, 03:13 AM
Yeah, it's over the top bullshit, but it's still bullshit that will piss people off and stir the shit.
How is any of this not true. This place has been AntiSportsCasterPlanet.com full of people whining about broadcasters. Its been neverending...

Miles
09-26-2005, 03:15 AM

Agreed. He does tend to be overly blunt and try and stir shit up a times. Guess he probably is one of those writers that is great when you agree with him but annoys you when you dont. The past few stories i happen to agree with him. When he doesnt do his sopebox thing he is a fine writer.

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
09-26-2005, 03:19 AM
How is any of this not true. This place has been AntiSportsCasterPlanet.com full of people whining about broadcasters. Its been neverending...
I've got no arguement that there are a lot of posts about broadcasters here at CP.
Yet, one must ask themselves are they justified?
Is catering to the media darlings with ample lip service a good thing?
Does complaining about it make fans whiney?
Does harping about it in print do anyone any good in any way?

Pants
09-26-2005, 03:19 AM
Because its point was to be over the top?

We are not talking about just the regular bitching about Randy Cross saying something retarded regarding the Chiefs and their opponent, we are talking about Sharpe being EXTREMELY biased to the point of being so annoying that it makes the viewer angry. I congratulate you on being a superior human being and not being phased by the commentary, but it annoyed the f*ck out of me, and now seeing that fat-assed moron being critical of something he hasn't even experienced is annoying me even more.

tk13
09-26-2005, 03:20 AM
Yeah but this time some of them are actually justified.. :)

|Zach|
09-26-2005, 03:20 AM
Because its point was to be over the top?

We are not talking about just the regular bitching about Randy Cross saying something retarded regarding the Chiefs and their opponent, we are talking about Sharpe being EXTREMELY biased to the point of being so annoying that it makes the viewer angry. I congratulate you on being a superior human being and not being phased by the commentary, but it annoyed the f*ck out of, and now seeing that fat-assed moron being critical of something he hasn't even experienced is annoying me even more.
And you look like a whiny bitch in the process of bitching. Thats the main point. Might as well own it. If it makes you feel better you are not alone.

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
09-26-2005, 03:22 AM
And you look like a whiny bitch in the process of bitching. Thats the main point. Might as well own it. If it makes you feel better you are not alone.
Such is ultimately the price paid to establish that a duck is in fact a duck.

Pants
09-26-2005, 03:24 AM

Umm, no it doesn't... you have never seen me bitch about commentating before. What I did with talking about Sharpe was describe my feelings of annoyance and, consequently, anger. Having BigSexy tell me I'm a whiny bitch because of it, without having actually seen it himself is simply ludicrous. He can't say I'm exaggerating something when he hadn't seen it.

Miles
09-26-2005, 03:24 AM
I've got no arguement that there are a lot of posts about broadcasters here at CP.
Yet, one must ask themselves are they justified?
Is catering to the media darlings with ample lip service a good thing?
Does complaining about it make fans whiney?
Does harping about it in print do anyone any good in any way?

Quite a few of the regular posters that i respect the opinions of were complaiing about it. Hell I actually though Torico and Sharpe were refreshing compaired to he usual shitfest ESPN sunday night crew.

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
09-26-2005, 03:27 AM
Quite a few of the regular posters that i respect the opinions of were complaiing about it. Hell I actually though Torico and Sharpe were refreshing compaired to he usual shitfest ESPN sunday night crew.
To each his own, I suppose.

Miles
09-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Umm, no it doesn't... you have never seen me bitch about commentating before. What I did with talking about Sharpe was describe my feelings of annoyance and, consequently, anger. Having BigSexy tell me I'm a whiny bitch because of it, without having actually seen it himself is simply ludicrous. He can't say I'm exaggerating something when he hadn't seen it.

The admitting to not seeing the game was pretty brutal. Not exactly the most professional thing to say that you heard the basis of the article from friends. Thought it probably would have been the same if he had watched it.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2005, 03:28 AM
I believe Amnorix said even Boston radio were complaining about Sharpe...

tk13
09-26-2005, 03:29 AM
Tirico's alright, Sharpe sucked though. It's not life or death, but I have no problem saying as much. I'm not "whining" or "bitching", I think that would indicate I was betrayed or wronged somehow, and I don't feel that way. I'm actually glad they ignored us, I don't want to see us get the attention yet. Sharpe sucked though, it was a national joke, sports radio stations and other message boards even picked up on it. I have no problem saying as much, that's just how it was, I actually think Whitlock helped make this a bigger deal than it should've been. I thought it was kinda blown under the carpet until he wrote that first article.

Miles
09-26-2005, 03:30 AM
To each his own, I suppose.

Yep.

elvomito
09-26-2005, 03:34 AM
Yeah, reporters for the local newspaper shouldn't write about their citie's teams. What a hack.i meant us here, personally. he could at least stop by and argue with us for a few hours instead of just using us for material.
btw, sterling sharp didn't bother me in the least bit. most of you probably didn't noticed but he was swingin from TG's nuts as well

Pants
09-26-2005, 03:35 AM
Yep.

You don't find over the top bias annoying? Hell, I'd find it annoying if Carolina was playing Jacksonville. I find that shit annoying when JC Pearson and Len try to make things look better on an obvious bad Chiefs play...

Commentators should be balanced and cover the plays on the field 85%, and talk about the stars and their achievements 15%, not the other way around. I'm not even talking about picking sides, since that should be obvious to any fan.

Spicy McHaggis
09-26-2005, 03:36 AM
maybe you could talk about how the Chiefsí defense is performing without King Drink, suspended cornerback Eric Warfield.

Nice job Whitless :rolleyes:

"You stay up all night thinking of that one?"

"No, I got to bed around 2, 2:30."

greg63
09-26-2005, 03:37 AM
Well, I had so much to say about Whitty's last article that I thought that would once again expound. Again, my reaction is as follows:

Miles
09-26-2005, 03:43 AM
Tirico's alright, Sharpe sucked though. It's not life or death, but I have no problem saying as much. I'm not "whining" or "bitching", I think that would indicate I was betrayed or wronged somehow, and I don't feel that way. I'm actually glad they ignored us, I don't want to see us get the attention yet. Sharpe sucked though, it was a national joke, sports radio stations and other message boards even picked up on it. I have no problem saying as much, that's just how it was, I actually think Whitlock helped make this a bigger deal than it should've been. I thought it was kinda blown under the carpet until he wrote that first article.

I think you have a very solid point there. He was definitly into talking a little too much about Moss. I guess there were several things that I liked about what he was doing. He would admit when his first observation about a play (rarely hear that) and he still gave us credit for having such an underrated QB and tony being the best TE in the game. The last drive he said he was impressed with what Oakland was doing but even more so with us.

If you nit pick one of the reguar sunday night crews comments they are unbearable. I was doing something else during the game tonight but still heard comments about a giants WR going up to get the ball like he was playing softball and arbitrary numbers about how many defenders LT faked out. Also Farve is a QB in a LB's body and stories about his toughness are far more important than a last minute drive.

Miles
09-26-2005, 03:47 AM
i meant us here, personally. he could at least stop by and argue with us for a few hours instead of just using us for material.
btw, sterling sharp didn't bother me in the least bit. most of you probably didn't noticed but he was swingin from TG's nuts as well

Misunderstood you then. I thought by us you were meaning KC rather than the planet.

Fruit Ninja
09-26-2005, 03:57 AM
This dude is a sports columnist, yet he doesnt write about sports. He is just nothing but drama. He is like a girlfriend that just likes to stir shit up for the sake of stirring it up. Why the KC Star keeps his dumbass around is beyond me.

A huge monday night game and he talks about the fans. Like John Madden gives a shit about his worthless article. Someone over in KC needs punk his overgrown ass.

Pants
09-26-2005, 04:08 AM
I think you have a very solid point there. He was definitly into talking a little too much about Moss. I guess there were several things that I liked about what he was doing. He would admit when his first observation about a play (rarely hear that) and he still gave us credit for having such an underrated QB and tony being the best TE in the game. The last drive he said he was impressed with what Oakland was doing but even more so with us.

If you nit pick one of the reguar sunday night crews comments they are unbearable. I was doing something else during the game tonight but still heard comments about a giants WR going up to get the ball like he was playing softball and arbitrary numbers about how many defenders LT faked out. Also Farve is a QB in a LB's body and stories about his toughness are far more important than a last minute drive.

Nah, dude, I heard him say everything he had to say about the Chiefs in one bit, relevant to the play on the field or not. He had to discuss the graphics about Trent, it was prepackaged. However, he did say that Green was no longer underrated seeing as how they mentioned him being the 3rd passer....lol. He talked about TG right after that and that was it. IMO, the way it should be done is when a star player makes a nice play, they should bring in the graphic and discuss how it's a normal thing for them and not a fluke, here's the evidence and here's what makes him so good...

And don't get me wrong, it's clear that the stars should be discussed (to about the same extent as the Chiefs were, i.e. it had to be a pre-planned presentation and limited to 3 minutes of air time).

And it wasn't just his infatuation with Moss, it was also his clear bias that annoyed me, at least TRY and be a little less blatant about it.

the Talking Can
09-26-2005, 06:23 AM
jesus....big game tonight at Denver and this is what we get from the Star?

PLEASE BRING BACK IVAN!!111!!!!1

Bob Dole
09-26-2005, 06:41 AM
Monday Night Football has audio?

Lbedrock1
09-26-2005, 06:43 AM
Dear Mr. Whitlock
If you dislike K.C. and the fans why don't you stop writing for the star and get out of K.C.? I'm in another city and I know that nationally the Chiefs do not get any deserved air time. Mcnabb hurts his sternum and they talk about it everyday all week until game time the following week. I know the chief were not all that last year but this is a new beginning and I'm just tired of the nfc love fest. You know the last four years the eagles made it to the nfc championship or made the superbowl, but without looking it up which teams beat them those 3 they didn't make it to the suprbowl? If you don't remember it is because the media stop talking about like they were supposed to. The fans here never said that we had a problem with him talking about moss we had a problem with him showing who he was rooting for to win. If we want oakland commentators we will all go to oakland. We want a fair and balanced calling of the game. Thats not to much to ask.

Phobia
09-26-2005, 06:49 AM
He is like a girlfriend.....

Well..... maybe he's like your girlfriend, but he's nothing like mine.

I'm just pissed he didn't personally mention ChiefsPlanet. I think I'm going to write his mother a letter.

Cochise
09-26-2005, 07:23 AM
I'm not surprised he took a shot at everyone who was throwing a fit about not getting any national respect. Sharpe was bad but this place was ridiculous in the days following.

HemiEd
09-26-2005, 07:24 AM
I think he needs some professional help.

jidar
09-26-2005, 07:36 AM
What an idiot. The entire sports world knows that that commentary was bad, yet Whitlock is going to keep pretending he got it right when he didn't even watch it.
Man, I can't ****ing stand this guy. What's it going to take to get him out of this town?

KCTitus
09-26-2005, 07:38 AM
It's a good thing Jason didnt insult the fans like Dawes and Gretz allways do...

Garcia Bronco
09-26-2005, 07:41 AM
Haha...he called the bitches here out.

PS...if you're pissed at this post...well then...if the shoe fits...yadda-yadda-yadda

Phobia
09-26-2005, 07:46 AM
What an idiot. The entire sports world knows that that commentary was bad, yet Whitlock is going to keep pretending he got it right when he didn't even watch it.
Man, I can't ****ing stand this guy. What's it going to take to get him out of this town?

You have to root for him to get a TV job.

jspchief
09-26-2005, 07:52 AM
When Whitlock writes crap like this, he isn't a professional columnist, he's a bulletin board troll.

Every time I see JW on a show like the Sports Reporters, sitting with some of the very best in the business, I think of articles like this realize just how out of his league he is. While they are writing articles worthy of national attention, he's writing bulletin board smack and trying to pass it of as journalism.

I guess when you can't come up with any substance, you can always resort to trolling. Taco John is proud of you Jason.

Skip Towne
09-26-2005, 07:59 AM
You have to root for him to get a TV job.
We're screwed then. Nobody is going to give that fat blob of crap a TV job. BTW, I hope you have to listen to Madden tonight.

KChiefs1
09-26-2005, 07:59 AM
I think Jason has a "ghost writer" for most of his articles now.

Warrior5
09-26-2005, 08:03 AM
Since I know you at least lurk here, you are undoubtedly elated that your article is achieving its desired effect: to stir crap up among Chiefs' fans. Congratulations.

So instead of simply rehashing last week's article, please respond with your prediction for tonight's game.

No "if this happens", "if they do this", or "on paper, the Chiefs should...", blah, blah, blah.

Just a straight up score, please.

tomahawk kid
I think Jason has a "ghost writer" for most of his articles now.

The best thing you can do with this garbage is ignore it.

Commenting endlessly about lazy "hot-button" journalism (and I use that term very loosely) is playing right into Fat-A$$' Gates stained mits.

His articles should be left to rot like the waste of ink and paper that they are.

Bob Dole
Haha...he called the bitches here out.

PS...if you're pissed at this post...well then...if the shoe fits...yadda-yadda-yadda

You laugh because you're jealous the Mange doesn't have its own puppet.

kcblue555
09-26-2005, 08:17 AM
It's King Carl's fault! He's toyed with the emotions of Chiefs fans for so long he turned them into neurotics!!!

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2005, 08:22 AM
If the a** hole actually watched the game on tv last week, he might have had a different opinion. I actually felt sorry for the Raiders, none of them got any credit last week for anything bc Moss did it all for them according to Sharpe.

alnorth
09-26-2005, 08:24 AM
I liked the article. True or not, it was pretty funny and had at least a grain of truth to its core. It was entertaining, will piss off a lot of people, and will help sell papers, so he's doing his job fairly well.

Jason's job isnt to become eternally beloved by the city, thats Joe Posnanski's job.

Simplex3
09-26-2005, 08:28 AM
That would be great if this article was at all about the team. This article is a direct shot at the fans.

You can't blame him for taking shots at the fans. He has nothing left since he's allienated himself from the teams with his stupid ass comments.

Lzen
09-26-2005, 08:32 AM
It's pretty pathetic when the only Chiefs-related articles he has written in the last week have been about the fans supposed anger at lack of national media respect. First, he's way off on the reason why people were annoyed by Sharpe. If he had actually watched the telecast, he might've realized this. I don't care that they talked about Moss. Hell, I expected some Moss lovefest going on. But for Sharpe to be on Moss's jock all night long really got to be annoying. He came across as though he wanted the Raiders to win the ballgame. That is no way to call a game, IMO.

Jason, lately I've been liking some of your articles and have given you praise for pointing out certain things and writing decent articles. I've always taken your columns with a grain of salt. Some I liked and agreed with and some I didn't. But to write 2 articles in one week about the same BS that you know nothing about makes you an idiot. But hey, if you wanna be an idiot, that's your right.

jidar
09-26-2005, 08:32 AM
So, I wonder which of the Fatlock apologists in this thread are actually him?

Garcia Bronco
09-26-2005, 08:43 AM
You laugh because you're jealous the Mange doesn't have its own puppet.

ROFL Whta's his name here? Big Sexy?

dirk digler
09-26-2005, 08:57 AM
When Whitlock writes crap like this, he isn't a professional columnist, he's a bulletin board troll.

Every time I see JW on a show like the Sports Reporters, sitting with some of the very best in the business, I think of articles like this realize just how out of his league he is. While they are writing articles worthy of national attention, he's writing bulletin board smack and trying to pass it of as journalism.

I guess when you can't come up with any substance, you can always resort to trolling. Taco John is proud of you Jason.

Yep.

He is major bush league just like his "football career".

petegz28
09-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Whitclock thinks we should sign Jeff George too.

dtebbe
09-26-2005, 09:01 AM
Fatlock = whiney little bitch

So now we know 2 members of his circle jerk:
Jeff George
Sterling Sharpe (courtesty reach-around)

Who else?

This may be the single worst piece of "sports" writing I've ever read.

DT

Rick
09-26-2005, 09:03 AM
I haven't even read any one elses response to this article. You know, I've always thought Whitlock played the "bad guy" well there in the KC paper just to get people fired up and say the things that many wouldn't say about their own teams. But this article is just childish. Whitlock has gone too far and has directly attacked the people of Kansas City. I won't read this man's artilces any more, good or bad. He shows a real lack of class in this article and a spoiled little boyish attitude when you don't agree with him. He could have let this drop after pissing and moaning about the fans vs Sharpe in his last article, but know, he needs to write another article a week later about the same thing- and on a day when the Chiefs need a boost. Whitlock goes way overboard in trying to start controversy in his own town with the garbage about Johnson, Warfield and others. After agreeing with many of his past articles, even ones that pissed everyone else off, I can officially agree with all those others that call him an ass. This article is ill-timed and simply pathetic.

petegz28
09-26-2005, 09:06 AM
It's pretty pathetic when the only Chiefs-related articles he has written in the last week have been about the fans supposed anger at lack of national media respect. First, he's way off on the reason why people were annoyed by Sharpe. If he had actually watched the telecast, he might've realized this. I don't care that they talked about Moss. Hell, I expected some Moss lovefest going on. But for Sharpe to be on Moss's jock all night long really got to be annoying. He came across as though he wanted the Randy Moss and the Raiders to win the ballgame. That is no way to call a game, IMO.

Jason, lately I've been liking some of your articles and have given you praise for pointing out certain things and writing decent articles. I've always taken your columns with a grain of salt. Some I liked and agreed with and some I didn't. But to write 2 articles in one week about the same BS that you know nothing about makes you an idiot. But hey, if you wanna be an idiot, that's your right.

That's just it. He didn't watch it. And he keeps writing about "it" instead of oh, I don't know the GAME???

stevieray
09-26-2005, 09:06 AM
They will talk about the Invescos even if the Chiefs are winning.

It's nothing new. It's just the way it is.

C-Mac
09-26-2005, 09:08 AM
Mr Whitlock
As a sports fan, I was disappointed in Sharps monologue. It was so biased, it literally was laughable. I think that most game producing TV companies such as ESPN, CBS and FOX feel that the anouncers are supposed to be ubiased in there job. Sterling Sharpe was not. I agree that Sharp is a very colorful commentator and I too can not believe he lost his job to Irvin. Since Sunday, Sterling has done almost too much Chiefs praising on NFL Network. So I for one dont scream with insecurity, I saw what most sports fans saw and that was an obvious biased commentary. I've watched non-Chiefs games and felt the exact same way with other announcers. In reality Sharpe broke a broadcasts code of ethics, yet you hesitate to call him out on that. John Madden is all Raider, but I have always seen him lean toward the Cowboys or Patriots, but I never felt him lean toward the Oakland Raiders and I think it a conscious effort on his part.
I wouldnt mind if Sterling did another broadcast for the Chiefs because he is that good, he just needs to make sure he doesnt cross that line again. Dont blame the Chiefs fans for his mistake, and then don't mock them for your biased take.

Katipan
09-26-2005, 09:17 AM
He's just deflecting.

Madden can't help but call a better broadcast. Hell, I could call a better game.

Fatty can't say he got us Ty Law. Fatty can't say that he pumped up Sims for us. Fatty can't say he's written anything truthful, or helpful, in a long time.

And Fatty won't be able to say that his poor dear friend Madden, who probably has no clue who Jason is, was mis-treated by the big bad internet posters.

Because while we'll be annoyed with the 2 catch phrases "John" is stuck on. While we'll be annoyed with archaic discussion. Madden isn't a Rump Ranger with his fingers tickling the balls of a wide receiver.

I'll have to see horse face a few times sure. But thats a good thing. We slam a shot and prance around like ponies each time.

Desperation, thy name is Whitlock.

slivo6
09-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Dang straight they better treat us nice, Whitlock. That goes for clueless newspaper columnists, too.

alpha_omega
09-26-2005, 09:19 AM
I wish they would just give him the job already....

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-26-2005, 09:20 AM
I know different. This is the most important broadcast of your career. If you donít say all of the right things, your life and your career could be in jeopardy.

Insecure Chiefs fans are at their breaking point. If they donít feel the Chiefs get enough ďnational respectĒ tonight from you and Al Michaels, someone is going to pay.

You're a total foggot Whitlock. Only a complete dumbass would speak out against the people that support your career by reading your drivel and listening to your self-glorifying hot gas. Guess we should consider the source and not be so surprised.

I didn't disagree with you that a few Chiefs fans complained too much about Sterling Sharpe. You even made a few good points in your article about it. But to publicly call out the fanbase that gives your newspaper and your radio station it's lifeblood is not just stupid... it the kind of thing that only an ego-maniacle, over-inflated (no pun intended), wanna-be shock-jock with not a mere ounce of talent or common sence would ever even think of doing.

I used to have this much () respect for you. You continue to prove you don't deserve it. May you never have another reader, listener or viewer again. Whatever you do, get the hell out of KC so we can clean the place up after you.

Area 51
09-26-2005, 09:26 AM
This dude is a sports columnist, yet he doesnt write about sports. He is just nothing but drama. He is like a girlfriend that just likes to stir shit up for the sake of stirring it up. Why the KC Star keeps his dumbass around is beyond me.

A huge monday night game and he talks about the fans. Like John Madden gives a shit about his worthless article. Someone over in KC needs punk his overgrown ass.

I've asked that question before, but to no avail.

I would bet that Madden has never heard of Whitless and could care less of his opinion. Madden is over opinionated as it is, but at least is somewhat objective unless we are playing the raid ers.

Bob Dole
09-26-2005, 09:26 AM

He hasn't posted yet. His strings are all tangled.

Iowanian
09-26-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm sure the editors of the Star are thrilled again...with the quality work put forth by bigsexy.

It'd make a fabulous 6th grade book report.

Keep antagonizing Chief fans, and someone hopefully will piss in your rib sauce.

Maybe Drew Bledsoe will be shown in the stands, with Madden commentary on the sign he's holding. "Whitlock has the Gay for J.George"

Dr. Facebook Fever
He hasn't posted yet. His strings are all tangled.
nice...

Area 51
Mr Whitlock
As a sports fan, I was disappointed in Sharps monologue. It was so biased, it literally was laughable. I think that most game producing TV companies such as ESPN, CBS and FOX feel that the anouncers are supposed to be ubiased in there job. Sterling Sharpe was not. I agree that Sharp is a very colorful commentator and I too can not believe he lost his job to Irvin. Since Sunday, Sterling has done almost too much Chiefs praising on NFL Network. So I for one dont scream with insecurity, I saw what most sports fans saw and that was an obvious biased commentary. I've watched non-Chiefs games and felt the exact same way with other announcers. In reality Sharpe broke a broadcasts code of ethics, yet you hesitate to call him out on that. John Madden is all Raider, but I have always seen him lean toward the Cowboys or Patriots, but I never felt him lean toward the Oakland Randy Moss and the Raiders and I think it a conscious effort on his part.
I wouldnt mind if Sterling did another broadcast for the Chiefs because he is that good, he just needs to make sure he doesnt cross that line again. Dont blame the Chiefs fans for his mistake, and then don't mock them for your biased take.

Whitless doesn't have anything good to say about the Chiefs, Chiefs Fans, nor the City. I think it is just time for him to be run out of town on a rail. Let him spew his putrid commentary elsewhere.

Area 51
09-26-2005, 09:29 AM
ROFL Whta's his name here? Big Sexy?

It's either that or Taco John.

Lzen
09-26-2005, 09:30 AM

big sexy

or

jwhit

Those are 2 of his handles of which I am aware.

KCFalcon59
09-26-2005, 09:34 AM
To me it wasn't that Sterling Sharpe wasn't talking about the Chiefs enough, it's that he spent so much time slobbering over Moss that he couldn't accurately portray the game situations and events.

trndobrd
09-26-2005, 09:35 AM
I write my thoughts here for everyone on this board to see. JW writes his thoughts in the Star for everyone on this board to see.

I've written better than that shoddy piece of work.

For what it's worth, Sterling Sharpe's color commentary was not an analysis of the game. I was merely someone with a microphone repeating the names of a few 'star' players.

I doubt John Madden needs the advice of a "never-was" college football player, meagerly talented columnist, or on-line troll.

morphius
09-26-2005, 09:36 AM
I know Jason wrote this thinking it would be funny, but its pretty dull.

Now KC fans, don't ever be critical of an anouncer, otherwise Jason will not only write one crappy whiney articles about it, but will actually spend five whole minutes writing a second crappy article about it! So behave yourselves.

Maybe if Jason gave Randy Moss the pen it would get more excitement from the audience, because obviously if Moss touches the pen Teicher and friends will just crumble into submission.

Vegas_Dave
09-26-2005, 09:39 AM
You know, I thought the first article wasnt all that bad... and I could definately understand it...

But this article is just plain dumb. Its like jwhit is just out of anything REAL to write about so he has to become a stinkin 13 year old girl and lash out at the most recent stupid petty thin (s)he can think of.

Jason Whitlock, you are a moron... this article has confirmed it.

stevieray
09-26-2005, 09:41 AM
What I find ironic is that complaining defines 95% of Jason's columns, yet he wants to call out Chiefs fans for complaining.

Area 51
09-26-2005, 09:42 AM
I know Jason wrote this thinking it would be funny, but its pretty dull.

Now KC fans, don't ever be critical of an anouncer, otherwise Jason will not only write one crappy whiney articles about it, but will actually spend five whole minutes writing a second crappy article about it! So behave yourselves.

Maybe if Jason gave Randy Moss the pen it would get more excitement from the audience, because obviously if Moss touches the pen Teicher and friends will just crumble into submission.

I think you have hit the nail on the head, Whitless spends too much time on garbage like his current article and not enough time on issues that might actually be more interesting to us as fans as well as the casual reader outside of KC.

All anyone outside KC sees is a pissing contest to see how many fans one butwipe can slam and the fans reacting with commentary much like those posted here.

We need a poll!!! Remove Whitlock or no?

chagrin
09-26-2005, 09:53 AM
"The greatest player in the history of the league"????

"Sharpe made the mistake of talking about Randy Moss, the most talented player in the league..."

He doesn't really believe this does he?

chagrin
09-26-2005, 09:55 AM
P.S. He must have gotten really pissed off at all the Fatlock references...

Come on dudes, we should do that again just for the fun of it. I give this thread

Fatlock Fatlock out of 5

djplanb
09-26-2005, 10:01 AM
I've been a defender of Whitlock before, mainly on the KC.com message boards. But I won't waste my breath any more for this dumbass. He just really doesn't get it. Who was actually bothered that Sharpe talked about Moss? No one. Who was bothered by him referring to the Raiders as "we"? Many people. Who was bothered by Sharpe's complete rambling, bumbling ineptitude? Probably anyone who actually watched the broadcast of the game, which Twitlock says he never did.

Area 51
09-26-2005, 10:02 AM
"The greatest player in the history of the league"????

"Sharpe made the mistake of talking about Randy Moss, the most talented player in the league..."

He doesn't really believe this does he?

You ask that from a guy that calls himself big sexy? You know that if he believes that he is really dilluted!!

wazu
09-26-2005, 10:07 AM
This column is awesome. He should have titled it "The Things We Think, But Do Not Say".

Frazod
09-26-2005, 10:09 AM
What a dick. :shake:

Simplex3
09-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Whatever you do, get the hell out of KC so we can clean the place up after you.
:clap:

Bob Dole
09-26-2005, 10:13 AM
You ask that from a guy that calls himself big sexy? You know that if he believes that he is really dilluted!!

A lot of people would like him better if he was diluted.

Unfortunately, he is not water soluble

carlos3652
09-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Fatlock = whiney little bitch

So now we know 2 members of his circle jerk:
Jeff George
Sterling Sharpe (courtesty reach-around)

Who else?

This may be the single worst piece of "sports" writing I've ever read.

DT

ROFL dont forget Ty Law...

Scaga
09-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Sharpe made the mistake of talking about Randy Moss, the most talented player.

He's not the most talented.
Jeff George is.

(

Mr. Kotter
09-26-2005, 10:24 AM
:rolleyes:

:shake:

BigRock
09-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Anyone who can't admit that there's a lot of truth to what Whitlock is saying has their head buried in the sand.

That said, there was no need to do another column about this. Plus, Whitlock apparently missed some in the national media, like Dr. Z at SI.com, making the same point about Sharpe and his ridiculous Moss-love. It's not just Chiefs fans being sensitive. If Whitlock had listened to the game for himself, he might know that.

Mr. Kotter
09-26-2005, 10:33 AM

Yeah, they must be deluded.

Area 51
09-26-2005, 10:33 AM

I've seen a large waste wood grinder, would that be acceptable?

Area 51
09-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Yeah, they must be deluded.
That would work as well. If he was diluted he could be flushed. It was a stretch, but I thought it might be figured out.

Although I don't really think deluded would be as good as luded (Q-ludes), but then he might already be referencing his work uti.

Otter
09-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Hey look an article letting us know Roaf isn't going to play and breaking down the game. Thanks for your useless insight Whitless.

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/broncos/article/0,1299,DRMN_17_4109074,00.html

Dave Lane
09-26-2005, 10:52 AM

Didn't piss me off. Hes right. We haven't done or won anything in a while and have no "super" stars just very good solid and quiet players. I'd much rather it be this way and have people saying how the hell did the Chiefs win the superbowl? I didn't think they were that good.

Dave

Hoover
09-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Someone should write up a press release from the Planet and fax it to Jason, calling for Madden to step down.

ROYC75
09-26-2005, 10:57 AM
ChiefsPlanet to Jason is as Fuel to a Fire.........

He likes it this way.

Area 51
09-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Someone should write up a press release from the Planet and fax it to Jason, calling for Madden to step down.

I NOMINATE HOOVER!!!!!

mitchbade
09-26-2005, 10:59 AM
Fatlock Fatlock Fatlock Fatlock Fatlock Fatlock Fatlock Fatlock

jidar
09-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Anyone who can't admit that there's a lot of truth to what Whitlock is saying has their head buried in the sand.

No. That's ****ing horseshit.

Every single football teams in the NFL has fan that are like this. Every fan base has people who bitch and moan about the refs and the league and media bias, etc.. etc.. (well.. maybe not the pats) We're no different, we have those folks too and usually they are a vocal minority. (although a damned loud one) It's not worth commenting about though, it's the same everywhere.
The issue here is that this is not what happened in this case. We actually did get a bad announcer who was displaying too much bias, but Fatlock is so used to always shitting on his readers that he didn't even bother to actually watch the game. The guy is completely full of shit and his last story was just a piss poor attempt at journalism.
What gets me is that even after all of this evidence from various impartial sources that maybe we have a point, he doesn't bother to check himself and instead just writes another trash article.
What a jackass.

Bowser
09-26-2005, 11:14 AM
This article is a good thing. It shows that there are no real issues with the Chiefs to bitch about (minus his lame Larry Johnson reference), so he goes after the fans. He has a point about the Chiefs not winning at the new Incestco, but the good points end there.

He has done his job, which is stir the shit. I bet he yearns for the days of Tamarick Vanover and Bam Morris again.

keg in kc
09-26-2005, 11:17 AM
100+ posts on this?

For shame.

chagrin
09-26-2005, 11:25 AM
100+ posts on this?

For shame.

yeah, and this too!

Fatlock Fatlock

Area 51
09-26-2005, 11:30 AM
I think the total shame is that whitless doesn't have the common courtesy to even watch a game before he goes on the offensive with the team and fan base.

He has a pre-determined method of attack aimed at insulting anything to do with the Chiefs and KC.

He is looking for a cheap way out of town and Knight Ridder isn't awake enough to see that he wants out.

ArrowheadHawk
09-26-2005, 11:31 AM
100+ posts on this?

For shame.
your not helping

Raiderhader
09-26-2005, 11:40 AM
100+ posts on this?

For shame.

It's kind of funny, in an ironic sort of way. How many people in this thread, and the thread dealing with the previous article, have stated they want Whitlock gone? Yet they undermind their own desires by allowing multiple pages bitching at the guy. Now, if you are a head honcho over at the Star, are you going to want to get rid of Fatty? Of course not, you see that people are going to continue to read his articles just so they have something to bitch about.

If you all want Whitlock gone, ignore him. Forget he exists. Do not read his tripe, and do not comment on it if you do.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2005, 11:41 AM
I love it.

This guy has taken everything some stupid Chiefs' fans whine about and turned it into a sarcastic piece of brilliance.

He's right. Some fans were threatening a class action lawsuit last week. The HC of this team went out of his way in PC to talk about an announcer in a game coached in?

If ABC focuses too much on Elway tonight, it's disrespectful in some of the eye's of Chief fans.

The only thing I disagree with is bringing up Johnson and Warfield as if the media's love affair with Moss is because he got in trouble earlier in his career.

ArrowheadHawk
09-26-2005, 11:42 AM
It's kind of funny, in an ironic sort of way. How many people in this thread, and the thread dealing with the previous article, have stated they want Whitlock gone? Yet they undermind their own desires by allowing multiple pages bitching at the guy. Now, if you are a head honcho over at the Star, are you going to want to get rid of Fatty? Of course not, you see that people are going to continue to read his articles just so they have something to bitch about.

If you all want Whitlock gone, ignore him. Forget he exists. Do not read his tripe, and do not comment on it if you do.
reverse phsycology huh?

Demonpenz
09-26-2005, 11:46 AM
just ignore him

Area 51
09-26-2005, 11:47 AM
I'll stop commenting, but whitless is still a festering scab in the KC area.

greg63
09-26-2005, 11:51 AM
The best thing you can do with this garbage is ignore it.

Commenting endlessly about lazy "hot-button" journalism (and I use that term very loosely) is playing right into Fat-A$$' Gates stained mits.

His articles should be left to rot like the waste of ink and paper that they are.

I couldn't agree more. Although what Whitlock wrote may be worthy of harsh criticism, why give him the time of day. It's simply not worth the effort.

bogie
09-26-2005, 11:53 AM
Dear Jason,
John doesn't care about you. He is WAY out of your league.
Your friend,
bogie

Calcountry
09-26-2005, 12:46 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/12741582.htm

Better be nice to KC, Madden
JASON WHITLOCK
Kansas City Star

He knows what he needs to do to sell gumbo in a barbecue town.
How many orders did you have?

Rausch
09-26-2005, 12:51 PM
I have no idea how but I'd forgotten Madden-ing will be covering tonight's game.

Gah....

BigRock
09-26-2005, 01:03 PM
No. That's ****ing horseshit.

No, it's not. The merits of the Sharpe example aside, there is a lot of truth to what Whitlock is saying. If Madden goes on and on tonight about Elway, for example, that vocal minority of Chiefs fans will complain about it. This is hardly a one-time incident where Chiefs fans have gotten up in arms about a broadcaster not showing us enough respect or that kind of thing. It happens a lot. We're like the boy who cried wolf, and now that there really WAS a wolf it's harder to get people to listen.

There was no point in Whitlock writing another article about this, and he's flat out wrong on the Sharpe example. But the overall point he's making, that a lot of Chiefs fans get too sensitive about what's being said, is true.

Calcountry
09-26-2005, 01:25 PM
No, it's not. The merits of the Sharpe example aside, there is a lot of truth to what Whitlock is saying. If Madden goes on and on tonight about Elway, for example, that vocal minority of Chiefs fans will complain about it. This is hardly a one-time incident where Chiefs fans have gotten up in arms about a broadcaster not showing us enough respect or that kind of thing. It happens a lot. We're like the boy who cried wolf, and now that there really WAS a wolf it's harder to get people to listen.

There was no point in Whitlock writing another article about this, and he's flat out wrong on the Sharpe example. But the overall point he's making, that a lot of Chiefs fans get too sensitive about what's being said, is true.There truly is only one way to shut all of the whiney bitches up.

Cochise
09-26-2005, 01:29 PM
I have to laugh at all you people who despise Whitlock, but whenever there's a thread with his name in it drive it to 200 posts.

YOU are the reason why he's so successful.

Fruit Ninja
09-26-2005, 01:33 PM
Ya know what would be great, if they post a bann on anything whitlock on this site, i said it on another site as well. Just let his shit go. He wants us here at chiefsplanet to go crazy over his article. You can bet your ass he is laughing his ass off right now as he reads this. Just put a ban on anything whitlock and bam, problem solved.

Area 51
09-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Ya know what would be great, if they post a bann on anything whitlock on this site, i said it on another site as well. Just let his shit go. He wants us here at chiefsplanet to go crazy over his article. You can bet your ass he is laughing his ass off right now as he reads this. Just put a ban on anything whitlock and bam, problem solved.

I don't think that will ever happen as long as he keeps pimping the CP website.

Cochise
09-26-2005, 01:44 PM
If we're gonna ban something, ban Profootballtalk. I friggin hate those threads. The website is so freakin awful, the Enquirer is more accurate, but people STILL post that crap at every opportunity.

The worst is "I know, I know, it's PFT, but here it is..." YOU KNOW IT"S PFT FUGGIN DONT POST IT THEN :#

Sorry. PFT is my board pet-peeve.

Fruit Ninja
09-26-2005, 01:47 PM
I don't think that will ever happen as long as he keeps pimping the CP website.
yeah , i guess so. Bieng plugged for bieng whiners kinda sux though.

Area 51
09-26-2005, 01:52 PM
yeah , i guess so. Bieng l plugged for bieng whiners kinda sux though.

If I said I understood what you just said, I'd be lying.

Bob Dole
09-26-2005, 02:09 PM
The real question should be:

Who would win a turducken eating contest? Whitlock or Madden.

Straight, No Chaser
09-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Yeeehaaaaa!!!
Whitlock nails it on the head.

There's a bunch of insecure Chief fans in this world who don't have anything better to do than e-mail complaints --the "Rodney Dangerfield's" of NFL fans. I guess it comes with winning...

---->

greg63
09-26-2005, 02:20 PM

There was no point in Whitlock writing another article about this, and he's flat out wrong on the Sharpe example. But the overall point he's making, that a lot of Chiefs fans get too sensitive about what's being said, is true.

I have to laugh at all you people who despise Whitlock, but whenever there's a thread with his name in it drive it to 200 posts.

YOU are the reason why he's so successful.

True, I criticized Sharp's broadcasting performance for the Moss love-fest overkill. What Whitlock says doesn't affect me one way or the other. Good Posts. :thumb:

Rain Man
09-26-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm sure it's been said, but this article was rather mean-spirited.

chiefsfaninNC
09-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Whitlock is like a former chifes quarterback who came over from the 49er's and capped on Kansas City restaurants. Neither one of them has any talent nor any business living and working in KC. Both should remain forever nameless. Bring back Ivan!

Mr. Flopnuts
09-26-2005, 03:35 PM
I've never posted on one of these Whitlock tirades before. This is the first time. I've never seen such an obvious attempt to fire up the fans by pissing all over them. Remember that kid in school that would always tell you about whoever was talking shit about you whether they were or not? Whitlock is doing just that right now. That was printed in the KC Star? He bashed on Chiefs fans in KC? Either he's already been givin a job offer from ESPN, or this is flat out career suicide. Which wouldn't neccessarily surprise me considering how he quit on that radio station out there because he wasn't getting "Dan Patrick" money. Seems like some childish shit, and I wonder if he didn't commission one of the local high school teenage sports beat writers to write it for him, saying simply talk as much trash as you can. Bravo Jason, I laughed my ass off. Now write your own schtick.

Area 51
09-26-2005, 03:46 PM
I've never posted on one of these Whitlock tirades before. This is the first time. I've never seen such an obvious attempt to fire up the fans by pissing all over them. Remember that kid in school that would always tell you about whoever was talking shit about you whether they were or not? Whitlock is doing just that right now. That was printed in the KC Star? He bashed on Chiefs fans in KC? Either he's already been givin a job offer from ESPN, or this is flat out career suicide. Which wouldn't neccessarily surprise me considering how he quit on that radio station out there because he wasn't getting "Dan Patrick" money. Seems like some childish shit, and I wonder if he didn't commission one of the local high school teenage sports beat writers to write it for him, saying simply talk as much trash as you can. Bravo Jason, I laughed my ass off. Now write your own schtick.

Actually whit for brains works for ESPN. Their stock is surely to fall now!!!

Jason Whitlock Archive, ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/archive?columnist=whitlock_jason&root=page2)

go bowe
09-26-2005, 04:05 PM
That would work as well. If he was diluted he could be flushed. It was a stretch, but I thought it might be figured out.

Although I don't really think deluded would be as good as luded (Q-ludes), but then he might already be referencing his work uti.ludes?

where can i get some?

and why would jason reference his work with a uninary tract infrection?

i mean, the article is bad and all, but a piss reference? :shrug:

Area 51
09-26-2005, 04:15 PM
ludes?

where can i get some?

and why would jason reference his work with a uninary tract infrection?

i mean, the article is bad and all, but a piss reference? :shrug:

Pissed me off!! What can I say?

jwhit
09-26-2005, 05:27 PM
i don't know why you guys hate me so much?

i love you. i really do.

Bowser
09-26-2005, 05:30 PM

i love you. i really do.

Not all of us "hate" you. I don't hate you - I've never met you. Call my momma a whore in your next article, and I might hate you.

And of course you love US - we give you material for your columns.....

Fruit Ninja
09-26-2005, 05:31 PM
I dont hate you, i dont even know you. But talking shit to the KC fans in that article is f/ucked up.

Tribal Warfare
09-26-2005, 05:40 PM

i love you. i really do.
Jason I wouldn't worry about it. I've disagreed with some of your articles, but I've come to realize everyone is entitled to their opinion. At the same time someone has to be the scapegoat too, and unfortunately it's you this time around.

redbrian
09-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Sharpe made the mistake of talking about Randy Moss, the most talented player.

He's not the most talented.
Jeff George is.

(
ROFL

Calcountry
09-26-2005, 05:48 PM
The real question should be:

Who would win a turducken eating contest? Whitlock or Madden.If you throw in a side of gumbo I'll favor Whittie by 3

Phobia
09-26-2005, 06:52 PM

i love you. i really do.

I don't hate you. I think you're funny as hell. Watching you eat a klondike bar could be a sitcom in itself.... You should do a pilot.

Please bring meaning to my life by answering my email.

Iowanian
09-26-2005, 07:31 PM

i love you. i really do.

We don't hate you sweetness..........We just want to see you credit folks whose material you "magically conjur the day after its on here".

Hell....Endelt Likes fat chics.

I wish you'd not rag on fans, giving donk fans "material"...instead of say....researching and writing about the injuries for a division game on MNF.....or how those cheating, crisco spraying, chop blocking, salary cap abusing, motherless hooors will be deep in the pack with the Chiefs having a 2-3 game lead on the division, with no home games played.

You love us? Fabulous....how about throwing some bones to the 37forever foundation charity, fundraiser, tailgate and cause for the Redskin game?

Show up, and meet your Inspiration.