PDA

View Full Version : BOOMER GRIGSBY - Rookie Diary

ArrowheadHawk
09-26-2005, 09:09 AM
BOOMER GRIGSBY - Rookie Diary
Sep 26, 2005, 8:39:12 AM

Rookie Diary
Week Three Ė September 25, 2005

Our trip to Oakland was probably one of the greatest football experiences Iíve ever had. It is so fun to have a true rival, where you can flat out hate each other.

First, I need to compliment the way we travel again. For a couple hours every other week when we fly I feel like a first-class person. Even though I was not first-class raised, I never will be and I donít want to be, itís good to experience that for a few hours. I tell you what, they feed us so much on Saturday that I think I need to start watching what I eat on Thursday so that it wonít affect the way I play on Sunday.

We eat at Arrowhead in the morning, then there might be some donuts or something sitting around in the locker room. Krispy Kremes might be the death of me. Then once we get on the airplane they serve us chicken tenders or quesadillas as a snack while weíreboomer boarding. Then they have cheese and crackers, fruit cups, plus a full meal once weíre in the air.

We travel Delta and they provide us with all the best staff and flight attendants to take care of us. They are the nicest people and Iíve gotten to the point where I make sure they wake me up when the next meal or snack is coming around in case I want it.

Then once we get to the team hotel we are usually free to go get dinner on our own. So here I am in a great city that Iíve never been to before and I feel like Iíve got to take advantage of eating at one of the restaurants that the city is known for. Last week in Oakland I got to go to dinner with Jared Allenís family. It was great to meet them.

Pulling up to the Raiders stadium was amazing. The amount of profanity and middle fingers was crazy. I was kind of loving it because thatís my personality. That makes the rivalry so much better when the people hate you so much. When youíre on the field it was even worse with people screaming everything you can imagine. I loved playing out there because the people had no class whatsoever. They scream about your mother and that you stink, but in worse terms. I remember guys in the crowd telling me that Iím going back to the practice squad and that my mom is a, how should say this: lady of questionable character maybe.

It was probably one of the most prideful and greatest moments of my career though when we beat them. As much as I like to be a good guy, I also have this trait from my grandfather where I also like to stick it to a person every now and then. So when that game ended and Iím looking at all those fans I knew one thing that would tick them off would be to throw the tomahawk chop at them. They kept screaming at me, but they had to be thinking, ďWhat can I really say? They whipped our tail.Ē

I learned from the game that I need to enhance my special teams performance. I get so excited and Iím usually one of the first guys down the field on coverage. But Iím so ramped up that I miss the tackle from moving so quickly. When the Oakland return guy Chris Carr would slam on the breaks I would realize that he and I werenít blessed with the same break pads. I did draw a clipping penalty on a guy in the fourth quarter though. That pushed them back another 15 yards. I missed the tackle, but I missed it because of the clip, so that was positive.

Tonight itís Monday Night Football. I canít wait. Everybody has told me that Denver is also a huge rivalry. Being a rookie, I donít know much about it yet. Iím excited to be able to play in front of such a national audience. Even though we just played a national TV game, Iíve heard Monday Night Football is even more of an incredible audience and more of a show. Iím excited for the people back home to be able to watch me play too. I want to show the people that I can play and do belong at this level.

I think weíve got a great gameplan for the Broncos and weíve had a great week of preparation. Weíve got a lot of confidence as a team because we know we can win on the road now. Itís a really important game for us, but it should be fun.

I want to say thanks to everyone who is reading and keeping up with my life. I appreciate all of you who want to live vicariously through me. I invite you in with open arms. You may not realize this, but my life is probably just as crazy for me as it would be for all of you. I donít take anything for granted and itís just as much of a rollercoaster for me as it would be for you. Iíll try to fill you in on how everything really is and what my experiences are. In the words of Ron Burgundy, thanks for stopping by Kansas City.

Talk to you after Monday Night Football,

Boomer

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/09/26/boomer_grigsby__rookie_diary7/

Gaz
09-26-2005, 09:13 AM
How can you NOT love this guy?

xoxo~
Gaz
Pretty sure it is not inappropriate man-love.

jspchief
09-26-2005, 09:15 AM
I learned from the game that I need to enhance my special teams performance. I get so excited and Iím usually one of the first guys down the field on coverage. But Iím so ramped up that I miss the tackle from moving so quickly.
Huh. I wonder if he'll get flamed for saying it, like I did?

Good to hear that he recognizes his faults. Step one in overcoming them.

ArrowheadHawk
09-26-2005, 09:41 AM
i'd like to see him become a force on
ST

InChiefsHell
09-26-2005, 09:44 AM
This kid is great. I don't know why, I just think he'll get better, and that by the end of this season you'll hear his name called out alot on ST.

...could be that I just want him to do well, cuz how can you not like the guy? We'll see.

Rain Man
09-26-2005, 09:46 AM
If you're reading this, Boomer, please hate the Bron cos as much as you hate the Rai ders.

What am I saying? At the end of the game, after enduring a few chop blocks and getting vegetable spray all over your hands, you'll hate them anyway.

Lzen
09-26-2005, 10:07 AM
Good stuff. As for STs coverage, there were 2 guys I noticed a lot when I rewatched that game, Boomer and Rich Scanlon. Both seem to be in on a lot of plays.

HemiEd
09-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Quote:

Pulling up to the Randy Moss and the Raiders stadium was amazing. The amount of profanity and middle fingers was crazy. I was kind of loving it because thatís my personality. That makes the rivalry so much better when the people hate you so much. When youíre on the field it was even worse with people screaming everything you can imagine. I loved playing out there because the people had no class whatsoever.

ROFL ROFL

Iowanian
09-26-2005, 10:12 AM
"In the words of Ron Burgundy, "

I can't wait for Sandy Eggo Week's diary entry. If he forgets, I've got a suggestion for the quote.

wilas101
09-26-2005, 10:58 AM
Do you think Boomer would kick my ass for correcting him if I pointed out that Ron Burgundy said "Stay classy San Diego" and Veronica Corningstone said "Thanks for stopping by"?

wilas101
09-26-2005, 11:00 AM
"In the words of Ron Burgundy, "

I can't wait for Sandy Eggo Week's diary entry. If he forgets, I've got a suggestion for the quote.

Does it have anything to do with a whale's vagina?