PDA

View Full Version : What's the latest on Big Willie R?

Bootlegged
09-26-2005, 09:53 AM
With him, I think we win. Without, not so much.

dirk digler
09-26-2005, 09:55 AM
I don't think he even made the trip. Last night on 41 they said they didn't see him get off the bus and then they asked one of the PR people where he was and they said they didn't know.

Cochise
09-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Gunther_Fan told me he was playing.

Rain Man
09-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Heck. I want Willie to play. I think the left tackle lines up against Pryce.

That said, we all know that hamstring injuries are a pain in the neck. I'd rather lose him for a couple of games early than for eight games later by bringing him back too soon.

Biohazard
09-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Lets hope Gunther fan is right! I still havent heard anything of a positive yes or no.

wazu
09-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Heck. I want Willie to play. I think the left tackle lines up against Pryce.

That said, we all know that hamstring injuries are a pain in the neck. I'd rather lose him for a couple of games early than for eight games later by bringing him back too soon.

Yep. Watching the Akers fiasco yesterday was painful. I hope we don't do the same thing to Roaf.

Bob Dole
09-26-2005, 10:22 AM
Yep. Watching the Akers fiasco yesterday was painful. I hope we don't do the same thing to Roaf.

Bob Dole thought it made for compelling drama.

Bob Dole also thinks he's faking it and Philly shouldn't bother to look for another kicker. Really.

tomahawk kid
09-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Just for a little perspective:

41 also reported that T Rich was going to be out for 3-4 weeks ater the Jets game and that the Chiefs were going to sign Jon Ritchie off of waivers.

Wouldn't surprise me if Willie didn't make the trip, I just want to hear it from another source that doesn't use Athan as one of it's information sources.

dirk digler
09-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Just for a little perspective:

41 also reported that T Rich was going to be out for 3-4 weeks ater the Jets game and that the Chiefs were going to sign Jon Ritchie off of waivers.

Wouldn't surprise me if Willie didn't make the trip, I just want to hear it from another source that doesn't use Athan as one of it's information sources.

I agree but none of the other local TV stations talked about Willie and they had actual footage of the players coming off the bus and no Willie.

I hope he plays but remember he didn't make the trip to Oakland last week so if he isn't going to play he probably didn't make the trip to Denver either.

Otter
09-26-2005, 10:47 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3061974

No issues with injuries
By Bill Williamson
Denver Post Staff Writer

The Broncos go into tonight's game against Kansas City as healthy as they have been this season.

For the first time in three games, there are no major question marks about any Denver starter as the Broncos (1-1) await the Chiefs (2-0) at Invesco Field at Mile High.

Star left cornerback Champ Bailey and starting tailback Mike Anderson, who were questionable for last week's game against San Diego, participated fully in practice the past week and are listed as probable for tonight. Bailey, who dislocated his left shoulder in the season opener against Miami, is expected to wear a shoulder harness again tonight. Anderson is expected to be close to full speed despite a rib-cartilage injury.

Backup running back Tatum Bell made progress late in the practice week from a sprained left ankle. He was upgraded to probable on Friday.

If Bell is unable to play, recently reacquired Quentin Griffin could be activated to play behind Anderson and Ron Dayne.
Footnotes

Former Broncos linebackers Terry Pierce and Jashon Sykes worked out in Miami over the weekend. They were released by Denver on Sept. 3. ... Kansas City offensive lineman Willie Roaf, questionable because of a hamstring injury, is unlikely to play tonight.

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2005, 10:51 AM

No issues with injuries
By Bill Williamson
Denver Post Staff Writer

The Broncos go into tonight's game against Kansas City as healthy as they have been this season.

For the first time in three games, there are no major question marks about any Denver starter as the Broncos (1-1) await the Chiefs (2-0) at Invesco Field at Mile High.

Star left cornerback Champ Bailey and starting tailback Mike Anderson, who were questionable for last week's game against San Diego, participated fully in practice the past week and are listed as probable for tonight. Bailey, who dislocated his left shoulder in the season opener against Miami, is expected to wear a shoulder harness again tonight. Anderson is expected to be close to full speed despite a rib-cartilage injury.

Backup running back Tatum Bell made progress late in the practice week from a sprained left ankle. He was upgraded to probable on Friday.

If Bell is unable to play, recently reacquired Quentin Griffin could be activated to play behind Anderson and Ron Dayne.
Footnotes

Former Broncos linebackers Terry Pierce and Jashon Sykes worked out in Miami over the weekend. They were released by Denver on Sept. 3. ... Kansas City offensive lineman Willie Roaf, questionable because of a hamstring injury, is unlikely to play tonight.Hey, look, Pierce is available. Weren't a few people on here crazy about him and upset that we didn't draft him?

patteeu
09-26-2005, 11:10 AM
... we all know that hamstring injuries are a pain in the neck.

I checked with my wife who is a nurse and she confirmed that this is incorrect. You'd better stick to making polls, you're obviously no doctor. ;)

Mr. Krab
09-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Willie Roaf has problems flying because of his gout, i think. He doesn't travel if he probably isn't going to play.

Cormac
09-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Hey, look, Pierce is available. Weren't a few people on here crazy about him and upset that we didn't draft him?

I admit being one of those.

But I was glad we got Mitchell :D

Radar Chief
09-26-2005, 11:51 AM
I checked with my wife who is a nurse and she confirmed that this is incorrect. You'd better stick to making polls, you're obviously no doctor. ;)

Heh, yea. Guess if he’d instead posted “pain in the azz” he’d at least been in the ballpark. ;)

Mr. Rat Fink
09-26-2005, 11:51 AM

No issues with injuries
By Bill Williamson
Denver Post Staff Writer

Footnotes

Former Broncos linebackers Terry Pierce and Jashon Sykes worked out in Miami over the weekend. They were released by Denver on Sept. 3. ... Kansas City offensive lineman Willie Roaf, questionable because of a hamstring injury, is unlikely to play tonight.

Funny, that article said nothing about Todd Devoe...

Chiefs Pantalones
09-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Roaf isn't playing?!?!?!

w'r duumd!!!111

tomahawk kid
09-26-2005, 01:08 PM
That COULD be based on old info.

Vermiel said Willie was a little better than 50 /50 on friday.

SoCalBronco
09-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Funny, that article said nothing about Todd Devoe...

He isnt injured. He's been whipping it though, whipping it good.

tyton75
09-26-2005, 01:51 PM
is it a sure thing that Roaf isn't playing tonight? I'm stuck out of town and was just curious...

nascher
09-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Healthy Denver lol they signed Q.G. back !!! SO far the Broncos have no running Game.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Healthy Denver lol they signed Q.G. back !!! SO far the Broncos have no running Game.

Is Q playing tonight?

He will own us!!! Barry Sanders eats his shortsz!!!11111

Mr. Rat Fink
09-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Q Griff, Ron Dayne....[shudders]....

htismaqe
09-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Well, this should be pretty easy.

Did he make the trip or not?

Also, Jason Dunn is now a game-time decision. If both of them are out, that could be bad.

|Zach|
09-26-2005, 02:46 PM
On the ESPN ticker I read hall was questionable because of his back. I had never heard of this till this morning? Any info?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-26-2005, 02:47 PM

Also, Jason Dunn is now a game-time decision. If both of them are out, that could be bad.

Yeah, that would kind of suck.

petegz28
09-26-2005, 02:48 PM

Yes this will be very bad if Dunn cannot play.

Frankie
09-26-2005, 02:54 PM
That said, we all know that hamstring injuries are a pain in the neck.
"Pain in the butt" is a more appropriate expression. :p

Rausch
09-26-2005, 02:59 PM

Gunther_fan doesn't know what the **** he's talking about.

I know for a fact that the National Gaurd flew him down to New Orleans in a chopper 2 days ago. Without much else working Roaf was asked to toss his giant testicles on top of the breached levy to prevent any more flooding until a more permanent solution could be found...

Calcountry
09-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Gunther_Fan told me he was playing.ROFL

Chiefshrink
09-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Yes it would be ideal to have him but I'd rather have him 100% healthy for the playoffs rather than push him too soon and have him playing at 75% or not at all for the playoffs. Granted those young turks filling in have a ways to go but it will create experienced depth over time.

KChiefsQT
09-26-2005, 04:19 PM
With him, I think we win. Without, not so much.

I would love to see Roaf out there... but I'm not going to doubt our teams performance tonight without him. I have a lot of money on us tonight... and a lot more faith that we'll be going home happy campers.

Frankie
09-26-2005, 04:28 PM
I am watching this game at a friend's house tonight. He and his wife don't know much about football and normally don't care about it. But since their brat has been a Denver fan since childhood they think the Donks are gods of football. Every time the Chiefs lose to them these two rub it in unmercifully. What hurts more is the fact that they are basically football illiterates. I'll get to eat their dinner tonight and hopefully feed them some crow in return. So, Chiefs, DON'T LET ME DOWN!!

Frankie
09-26-2005, 05:51 PM
Yes it would be ideal to have him but I'd rather have him 100% healthy for the playoffs rather than push him too soon and have him playing at 75% or not at all for the playoffs. Granted those young turks filling in have a ways to go but it will create experienced depth over time.

Black is supposed to be our next LT anyway. Better get him battle tough now while Willie heals.

Rain Man
09-26-2005, 06:03 PM

This might explain why my physical therapy isn't working.