PDA

View Full Version : New Found Respect for Chargers

Chief Faithful
09-26-2005, 10:13 AM
Although I didn't get to watch the whole game I was very impressed by the Charger over-whelming victory against the Giants. They displayed a balanced agressive offense and a defense on the rise.

Nobody was disrupting Gate's routes early in the game and he made the Gaints defense pay. Did he do this through the whole game? McCardell looks as good as ever. LT looks his old dangerous self and Brees had a hell of a game going in the first half.

Shawn Merriman convinced me he will be a force for years to come. Ware, Merriman, and Johnson makes three top notch LB's that all could complete for DROY. Will the 2005 the draft become knowns as the draft of LBs the way 1983 was known for QBs?

It is a long season, but I'm starting to think it will come down to San Diego and KC for the division. The Chiefs need to win tonight and keep the division lead on these guys. If San Diego repeats their performance next week then I'll start to believe SD is the up-and-coming team in the NFL.

What did you guys think of that game? Are you equally impressed after last nights performance?

Bowser
09-26-2005, 10:14 AM
They looked good. But, in the end, it's still Marty.

Iowanian
09-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Last week, Charger fans were beaching themselves like a pod of lost whales....running off of a cliff like a herd of wildebeast in a lightening storm.......and today, I'm sure they're superbowl contenders again.

It was the Giants. The Eggo Defense is terrible. Tomlinson is legit, but thats no news.

wazu
09-26-2005, 10:25 AM
Last week, Charger fans were beaching themselves like a pod of lost whales....running off of a cliff like a herd of wildebeast in a lightening storm.......and today, I'm sure they're superbowl contenders again.

What other team's fan base does that remind you of?

King_Chief_Fan
09-26-2005, 10:27 AM
Denver held LT to 52 yard rushing......not sure if Gates was in that game or not. I thought he was suspended by Marty. Anyway, lots of weapons and an average D will lose against that team.

beer bacon
09-26-2005, 10:30 AM
What other team's fan base does that remind you of?

Certainly not the Chiefs' fan base if that is what you are implying! We are diehards. All those panicky idiots are just trolls!

Chief Faithful
09-26-2005, 10:31 AM
Denver held LT to 52 yard rushing......not sure if Gates was in that game or not. I thought he was suspended by Marty. Anyway, lots of weapons and an average D will lose against that team.

Gates was big part of the O the first two touchdowns. I was surprised how no LB slowed him down off the line. No way Gates is that effective if teams start defensing him the way they go after Gonzo.

alanm
09-26-2005, 10:32 AM

It was the Giants. The Eggo Defense is terrible. Tomlinson is legit, but thats no news.
It was the Giants. Granted they were 2-0 but it was a weak 2-0. Kinda like the Colts are now at 3-0. They haven't played anyone yet.
Giants were exposed.

Chief Faithful
09-26-2005, 10:35 AM

Are the Giants really that bad?

The Eggo Defense has talent and Merriman is a monster at LB. The next four games will tell the real story on that defense.