PDA

View Full Version : Do we have a chance without Roaf?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-26-2005, 12:25 PM
What lurks in the minds?

jspchief
09-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Is this a serious question?

SCChief
09-26-2005, 12:28 PM
It will be more difficult, but we can win without Roaf.

Denver has not looked as good against the run this season as in seasons past. I dare say they may have gone backwards. And Black has an extra week on the line now. That makes a huge difference.

Gaz
09-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Certainly.

The toss-sweep to the left, however, should take a vacation.

{-(ROAF) + HOLMES}/(FAST LINEBACKERS) = BAD IDEA

xoxo~
Gaz
Doing the math.

BigRedChief
09-26-2005, 12:31 PM
WTF? We still have a HOFer and 3 additional Pro Bowlers to block for LJ and Priest.

xoxo~
BRC
Still likes the blocking math

Warrior5
If Dunn plays, we have a good chance.

Chiefs Pantalones
Is this a serious question?

Denver is going to blitz us to death on that side!!!

We are so dead meatttt!!!1111

No Roaf, we are meat loaf!!!111

Hoover
09-26-2005, 12:32 PM
We have only beat the 1-2 Jets and the 0-3 Raiders

While the Broncos have lost to the mighty 2-1 Dolphins and beat the High Scoring Chargers.

keg in kc
09-26-2005, 12:33 PM
We won without him last week.

We very well may lose tonight. And everyone will go into panic mode if we do. I won't. It's one game, in a place we have trouble winning. A loss tonight doesn't end the season. It doesn't cost us the division.

Yes, it would be great to win, there's no question about that, but even if we do lose, we can still finish 5-1 or 4-2 in the division. Tonight's game isn't going to be the difference between 12-4 and 7-9. A win won't mean we're great and crusing for a bye any more than a loss will mean the first two wins were mirages.

It's just one game. On the road. You don't win all those. That's reality.

shakesthecat
09-26-2005, 12:33 PM
I thought so until I read wisconsinhomers hard hitting analysis.

Obviously not having Roaf makes things more difficult, but the Chiefs have only had him for 2 series this year, and have still managed to get the job done.

I see no reason tonight will be any different.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-26-2005, 12:35 PM
We won without him last week.

We very well may lose tonight. And everyone will go into panic mode if we do. I won't. It's one game, in a place we have trouble winning. A loss tonight doesn't end the season. It doesn't cost us the division.

Yes, it would be great to win, there's no question about that, but even if we do lose, we can still finish 5-1 or 4-2 in the division. Tonight's game isn't going to be the difference between 12-4 and 7-9. A win won't mean we're great and crusing for a bye any more than a loss will mean the first two wins were mirages.

It's just one game. On the road. You don't win all those. That's reality.

I won't be that upset either, if we lose.

I will be upset though, however, if we don't play well in losing.

BigRedChief
09-26-2005, 12:37 PM
I won't be too upset either if we lose as long as we don't fall apart. But if we win I'm firing up the Super Bowl bandwagon.

keg in kc
09-26-2005, 12:38 PM
I'll be pissed as hell if we lose. Tonight at least I will. I don't take losing well, and a 'pretty' loss doesn't suck any less than an ugly one.

Actually, I'm the same when we win. I enjoy it the day/night of, then return to rationality the next day. That's why I don't analyze anything on game day. Drains all the fun out of it.

plbrdude
09-26-2005, 12:40 PM
YESYES YES :cuss:

rageeumr
09-26-2005, 12:41 PM
I thought so until I read wisconsinhomers hard hitting analysis.

ROFL

SoCalBronco
Roaf being out helps. Pryce should have a good game. Denver will need to get constant pressure. Earlier in the week I predicted the Chiefs to win 26-20. I need to see consistency from the Broncos offense. I havent seen it yet. I think this will be a pretty good game.

Cochise
No. Without Roaf we had no chance against the Raiders and their Triassic defensive line. We still have no chance against the Browncos and their draft bust hall of fame.

Mecca
09-26-2005, 12:42 PM
We can bury Denvers season with a win, I'll be pissed if we lose this game. I hate the damn Donkeys more than the Raiders. What makes this all the better is Denver has to go to Jackonsville next week, a place they never win. So we can literally bury them.

Garcia Bronco
09-26-2005, 12:45 PM
I doesn't help if roaf is absent.

RE: Panic mode.

Why would anyone go into a panic if the Chiefs lost tonight at Denver...where they rarely win? That's like me going into a panic about a loss to KC ..in KC...in december or at all.

keg in kc
09-26-2005, 12:46 PM
Why would anyone go into a panic if the Chiefs lost tonight at Denver...where they rarely win? That's like me going into a panic about a loss to KC ..in KC...in december or at all.Leave your damned logic out of it.

Garcia Bronco
09-26-2005, 12:46 PM
We can bury Denvers season with a win, I'll be pissed if we lose this game. I hate the damn Donkeys more than the Randy Moss and the Raiders. What makes this all the better is Denver has to go to Jackonsville next week, a place they never win. So we can literally bury them.

You can't bury a team in week three...merely throw dirt on the coffin where every team except one is fitted with a toe tag.

TEX
09-26-2005, 12:48 PM

Why would anyone go into a panic if the Chiefs lost tonight at Denver...where they rarely win? That's like me going into a panic about a loss to KC ..in KC...in december or at all.

True, but there could be more of a reason to panic in December.

Mecca
09-26-2005, 12:50 PM
You can't bury a team in week three...merely throw dirt on the coffin where every team except one is fitted with a toe tag.

I'll agree with that to some extent but it's going to be hard to make up ground in this division with the schedules we all have.

A good friend of mine is a Bills fan and he's already writing their season off 3 weeks in, when he was hyping them as a playoff contender a month ago. How things change.

Garcia Bronco
09-26-2005, 12:53 PM
I'll agree with that to some extent but it's going to be hard to make up ground in this division with the schedules we all have.

A good friend of mine is a Bills fan and he's already writing their season off 3 weeks in, when he was hyping them as a playoff contender a month ago. How things change.

He's crazy to think they're a contender in the first place, IMO. When you go out like they did last season with no huge gains in personal and a change at QB...it would be hard to be overly optimistic.

Cochise
09-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Come on people, keep it real. A team that is 1-2 is not DOA. That's ridiculous. They're one game under .500 and still in second place in the division.

I'm sure the board will implode if we lose but since we haven't won in Denver in a million years I'm not worried about it. This is a game that when you're looking down the schedule in the preseason, it's the last one you expect to win.

This blowout talk is ridiculous just like the Oakland blowout talk was. We never win easily in either location. The Montana-led Chiefs barely won there and that's the best team I can remember.

Garcia Bronco
09-26-2005, 12:55 PM
True, but there could be more of a reason to panic in December.

Anybody else and I'd agree....but the Broncos are 1-14 in KC in december since like 68 or something. I'm not expecting a win that week...schedule making bastards two years in a row.

CHIEFJW
09-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Without BIG Willie we need to utilize LJ's size and power more. To help open up the passing game. LJ's power will offset Willie's absence.

the Talking Can
09-26-2005, 01:05 PM
of course

Bootlegged
09-26-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't like our chances in Denver on MNF without Roaf. But I'm hopeful.

I predict a 28-14 type loss. Hope I'm wrong.

Inspector
09-26-2005, 01:15 PM
DOn't know what to think.

I want to be positive, but I realize how well, in general, we do in Denver....especially in the Vermiel era.

Damn, it's hard to type with your fingers crossed - even harder to pick your nose. I think I just hurt myself.

Dunit35
09-26-2005, 02:44 PM
forget about it...No ROAF means no ROAF...its that simple...we won without him last week...RUN,RUN,RUN...Priest, LJ...LJ looked better last last week...hes big and can make his own holes...Priest waits for the holes...so if there is no holes he doesnt gain much...The Defense should do even better tonight...There is not near as much talent on that offensive side of the ball for Denver as there was for Oakland...Sapp em...hes a blitzing stud...DJ show Plummer hes a D-Bag..

CoMoChief
09-26-2005, 02:48 PM
WTF? We still have a HOFer and 3 additional Pro Bowlers to block for LJ and Priest.

xoxo~
BRC
Still likes the blocking math

Who is the 3rd Pro bowler your talking about. Shields, Waters, Weigman, ???

Mr. Kotter
09-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Who is the 3rd Pro bowler your talking about. Shields, Waters, Weigman, ???

Shields, Waters, TRich.....

McFly? ;)

Rausch
09-26-2005, 02:51 PM
We have only beat the 1-2 Jets and the 0-3 Randy Moss and the Raiders

While the Broncos have lost to the mighty 2-1 Dolphins and beat the High Scoring Chargers.

Uh, we can't beat who we don't play.

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Not having Roaf stinks, but it will give him more time to heal for the long haul. I think it will be a close game where Roaf would have been a big help. That being said, our revamped O-line held the Jets D-line at bay for most of the game. I would hope we could do the same against Denver. If we can keep Trent's jersey clean, we'll have a good chance.

Saul Good
09-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Uh, we can't beat who we don't play.
That's a lame excuse. If the Chiefs were really good they'd have already beat the Steelers, Patriots, Colts, Eagles, Falcons, Bengals, and the 1985 Bears all on the road.

vailpass
09-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Have you seen Denver's "offense" so far this season?
IMHO KC has it's best chance to win in Denver in quite a while. In fact Denver will need a very strong showing by the defense and at least enough offense to keep KC off the field for a few minutes at a time or this could be a long night for the home team.

KChiefs1
09-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Nope

Wile_E_Coyote
09-26-2005, 03:30 PM
no one seems to be worried about no Fox

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2005, 03:40 PM
I am. His injury coupled with the loss of Sims has me wondering about the D.

Calcountry
09-26-2005, 03:41 PM
I won't be too upset either if we lose as long as we don't fall apart. But if we win I'm firing up the Super Bowl bandwagon.Fug that. I am pissed, whenever they lose.

Only in baseball, where you have so many games, can you say, heck, its just one game.

Calcountry
09-26-2005, 03:42 PM
No. Without Roaf we had no chance against the Randy Moss and the Raiders and their Triassic defensive line. We still have no chance against the Browncos and their draft bust hall of fame.But, Gunther fan said Roaf was gonna play. He had him over for dinner or something.

Calcountry
09-26-2005, 03:44 PM

Why would anyone go into a panic if the Chiefs lost tonight at Denver...where they rarely win? That's like me going into a panic about a loss to KC ..in KC...in december or at all.After their last trip to Arrowhead, really, tell me that didn't put a damper on your playoff hopes?

Calcountry
09-26-2005, 03:47 PM
forget about it...No ROAF means no ROAF...its that simple...we won without him last week...RUN,RUN,RUN...Priest, LJ...LJ looked better last last week...hes big and can make his own holes...Priest waits for the holes...so if there is no holes he doesnt gain much...The Defense should do even better tonight...There is not near as much talent on that offensive side of the ball for Denver as there was for Oakland...Sapp em...hes a blitzing stud...DJ show Plummer hes a D-Bag..Run run run will not work if the Dungholes get a lead. They will try to get up early with big plays, count on it.

Sully
09-26-2005, 03:49 PM

From what I saw of Griffin and Scanlon in the preseason, it's a dropoff, but not much of one.

htismaqe
09-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Have you seen Denver's "offense" so far this season?
IMHO KC has it's best chance to win in Denver in quite a while. In fact Denver will need a very strong showing by the defense and at least enough offense to keep KC off the field for a few minutes at a time or this could be a long night for the home team.

On the surface, I'd whole-heartedly agree. KC sure looks like the superior team right now.

But this is a division game, and it's AT Denver...

beer bacon
09-26-2005, 04:25 PM

Here at the Planet we go into panic mode if we see Priest Holmes eating nachos on TV.

Ugly Duck
09-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Denver is going to blitz us to death on that side!!!

We are so dead meatttt!!!

No Roaf, we are meat loaf!!!
Hey! I kinda like this guy!

vailpass
09-26-2005, 04:43 PM
On the surface, I'd whole-heartedly agree. KC sure looks like the superior team right now.

But this is a division game, and it's AT Denver...

I would not agree that KC appears to be the superior team; KC appears to have the superior offense.

On defense the Chiefs are suspect on the line and in 2/3 of the backfield. Although he has upside Johnson is a rookie LB with only 2 games of NFL experience, Bell has yet to show whether he will return to pre-injury form or whether Cower knew what he was doing when he let him go, and K. Mitchell does not start for 9/10 of the teams in the league.

Denver has not proven it can consistently move the ball on offense, mainly due to an almost total lack of run yardage. The Bronco WR crew consists of guys wo are either at the end of their career or too close to the beginning. And then there is the Jake factor.

Lots of questions for both teams, the answers to which will begin to unfold in T minus three hours.

HC_Chief
09-26-2005, 04:48 PM
On defense the Chiefs are suspect on the line and in 2/3 of the backfield. Although he has upside Johnson is a rookie LB with only 2 games of NFL experience, Bell has yet to show whether he will return to pre-injury form or whether Cower knew what he was doing when he let him go, and K. Mitchell does not start for 9/10 of the teams in the league.

:spock:

This season KC has allowed 1 fewer yard per carry than Denver (3.1 -v- 4.0). This, against Curtis Martin and Lamont Jordan.

KC is #2 versus the run, #5 scoring D.

Yeah, they're suspect. :rolleyes:

vailpass
09-26-2005, 04:57 PM
:spock:

This season KC has allowed 1 fewer yard per carry than Denver (3.1 -v- 4.0). This, against Curtis Martin and Lamont Jordan.

KC is #2 versus the run, #5 scoring D.

Yeah, they're suspect. :rolleyes:

With the loss of Sims KC has a patch-work D-line. Not talking smack, just a neutral observation. Name the chief d-line starters and tell me they are dominant.
When you look at the combined records of Oakland and the Jets, stopping Martin & Jordan are not as large a measuring stick as you would think from years gone by.

No offense intended, I am of the opinion that the KC D still has to prove they are significantly improved over last years' career-day defense and two games against losing teams is not a sufficient sample.

Luzap
09-26-2005, 05:33 PM
I would not agree that KC appears to be the superior team; KC appears to have the superior offense.

Denver has not proven it can consistently move the ball on offense, mainly due to an almost total lack of run yardage. The Bronco WR crew consists of guys wo are either at the end of their career or too close to the beginning. And then there is the Jake factor.

Lots of questions for both teams, the answers to which will begin to unfold in T minus three hours.

You make decent points, but I disagree about Kawika Mitchell. That boy is playing some ball.

I truly believe the advantage lies with KC, but in a division game at your place ~ who knows?

This is the best chance we've had to beat you in Denver in years. I've got a feeling we might do it with style !!!

Luz
after tonight, all donks will know who parker is...