PDA

View Full Version : Gaz probably needs to change his shorts...

htismaqe
09-17-2000, 06:03 PM
So Gaz is the constant voice calling for QB crushing, and we've put 2 starters out in 2 weeks.

Don't get Bob Dole wrong--Bob Dole's not-so-special football career ended due to injury, and Bob Dole would never wish a permanently disabling injury on any player...but you gotta love that we've knocked 2 starters out in the last 14 days.

scooter
09-17-2000, 06:40 PM
It is great to see the dogs coming after the rabbit! I do love to see a good QB crushing. Luckily no serious injury was incurred in either case.

Hicks is gonna be something special!

Fat Homer
09-17-2000, 06:53 PM
I have to agree Senator, ck... it is excellent seeing our front-four inflicting a bit of pain!

Too bad we didn't knock Manning out... instead of McNair - but I digress. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

Mosbonian
09-17-2000, 08:28 PM
I also love good QB crushing so I know Gaz is lovin this. I meant the 6 sacks, not the injury.

[This message has been edited by Logical (edited 09-17-2000).]

Buzzbait
09-17-2000, 08:35 PM
2 games 2hurt qbs. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/cool.gif

[This message has been edited by ChiefPriority (edited 09-17-2000).]

alanm
09-18-2000, 07:10 AM
Six sacks without wholesale blitzing and without Clemons. This is the Defense that I hoped was in there. Browning on the field, instead of IR. Williams trying to earn his salary. McGlockton crushing the middle of the OL. Hicks showing his potential.

My favorite was when Williams was on the QB before Moreno could even make his drop.

WOO HAA!

Oh yeah, the Offense played pretty good too, I guess…

xoxo~
gaz
hoping some bleach will take those nasty stains out.<BR>

DaKCMan AP
09-18-2000, 07:15 AM
Hicks first sack was really due to Chester, I don't know if you could see that on TV, but the Hicks ran a stunt inside of Chester and Chester took on three guys to free Hicks up. It was damn cool.

redbrian
09-18-2000, 07:18 AM
Right now, Hicks, Williams, and Clemons are all better D-linemen than Glock, IMO.

Sapp had 3 sacks yesterday.

AustinChief
09-18-2000, 07:26 AM
Still knocking Glock? Geez, never fails. He got a sack yesterday. And there were a couple of times where he was really close but someone else got there first.

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
Jimmy Raye for President...anything to get him out of Kansas City
[i]More Moreau</I>

scooter
09-18-2000, 07:32 AM
Yeah I did see that Morph. I love to watch a well run stunt!

Clint read Morph's post carefully. That's the reason we got Glock. By occupying 2 or 3 Olinemen it frees Hicks/Williams/etc. As soon as Olines start respecting the rest of our front 4 Glocks numbers will go up.

I threw a magazine at the TV on that play Gaz. As quick as Williams was back there I thought he had to be offsides. Imagine my sheepishness. *L*

redbrian
09-18-2000, 07:37 AM
Well, then, why not give the WRs the credit for Grbac's success?

Why can't Glock ever split a double-team and maul the QB like Williams did?

$4 million to "occupy offensive linemen"?

AustinChief
09-18-2000, 07:41 AM
Clint,

Williams didn't split a double-team. He shot the gap before those two linemen were set. There is a difference.

Glock did have a sack yesterday, and there was one play where he DID break the double-team and dove for Moreno, but fell just short.

------------------
Parker
[i]More Moreau</I>

Brock
09-18-2000, 07:46 AM
"Chester is just clearing stuff out for me," Hicks said. "It's awesome to play next to him, because you can't contain him. Who do you know that's 330 pounds and can run and play football like that?" Quote by Eric Hicks.

Clint, I'll take Eric's view over yours. I think he is a more reliable and informed source. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

------------------
GO CHIEFS!!!!

redbrian
09-18-2000, 07:47 AM
I other words, Williams showed the kind of quickness you like to see in defensive tackles, rather than Gilbert Brown-like lumbering oafs leaning on the offensive line, & jumping offsides in an attempt to compensate for a lack of speed.

I saw that "dive" by Glock...it reminded me of Ox from the movie "Stripes" trying to negotiate that obstacle course!

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

redbrian
09-18-2000, 07:49 AM
Williams got 10.5 sacks in '97 playing next to the dominant force that is TOM BARNDT!!

Raiderhader
09-18-2000, 07:51 AM
Clint: where did you get that 4M number? What is Glock's Cap # this year? I would appreciate a link or some point of reference for this.

Second, I know you've got a really chub over Sapp, but do you realize that other DT's in this league have very similar #'s to Glock? Dan Wilkinson, Trevor Pryce, Keith Traylor, Tony Siragusa just to name a few have same/worse stats that Glock.

redbrian
09-18-2000, 07:51 AM
Hicks is just being respectful of his elders, IMO.

If it weren't for younger guys like Hicks & Clemons, Glock would put up goose eggs in every official statisitcal category, IMO.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

redbrian
09-18-2000, 07:55 AM
Greg,

I gave you a link on the old BB about 2 months ago that showed the highest-paid players for each team. Glock made $4.09 million last year. Maybe he renegotiated, but I doubt it was much of a pay cut.

Other DT's sub-par performances are no excuse.

scooter
09-18-2000, 07:56 AM
If it weren't for McFarland and the rest of Tampa's Oline Sapp would be shutdown. When you only have to respect 1 Dlineman, containing him is easy. Hicks,Williams and Browning haven't reached that 'respect' status yet. But they soon will and then Glock will start getting single coverage. Then look out!

AustinChief
09-18-2000, 07:57 AM
There's nothing that Glock can do to please Clint, obviously. It's probably better to stop arguing with him. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Parker
[i]More Moreau</I>

Raiderhader
09-18-2000, 07:59 AM
Well, that was last year, I was curious what it was for this year. Heck, Clint, it may be more.

Are you saying that those other DT's are as bad as Glock or that they are good and they just are having bad games?

If the vast majority of other DT's were getting better #'s, I might agree w/you, but it appears that he is clogging the middle of the line and we havent been beat straight up the middle yet. To me, that's a good thing.

redbrian
09-18-2000, 08:02 AM
It's not that I think Glock is an awful player, he's just overpaid. He'd be great at about $1 million per season.

I also get sick of Glock getting ALL the credit whenever any other DL does anything REMOTELY productive.

[This message has been edited by Clint in Wichita (edited 09-18-2000).]

Fort Chief
09-18-2000, 08:03 AM
Titus,

Are you talking about last year when referring to those other DT's stats being similar to Glock's? Or this year?

Because last year Glock's numbers were among the worst in the entire league for starting DT's and this year it's way too early to tell if he's going to put up respectable numbers.

Raiderhader
09-18-2000, 08:09 AM
He may be, Clint, and most likely will be asked to restructure his contract after this year. IMO, he will do it.

I dont think he gets all the credit but he should get some credit.

Raiderhader
09-18-2000, 08:12 AM
This year, Cannibal. If it's too early to tell whether he's going to put up good #'s isnt it also too early to say he's going to put up 'bad' #'s as well?

It really depends upon your expectations of the player. I dont expect him to be a sack machine. I expect him to clog the middle, and let the DE's make the sacks. Stopping the runs through the 'A' gap is his primary responsibility. If he get's sacks, great.

redbrian
09-18-2000, 08:17 AM
I expect him to top the stats of any DT in the league making the same or less money, especially sacks.

Fort Chief
09-18-2000, 08:17 AM
He signed a 6 year 30 million dollar contract to play here.

And all you expect is for him to clog the middle? He used to be a sack machine, why hasn't he been able to do it for the last three years in a row now?

I guess it does come down to what you expect from him. I expect better than what he showed the last two years, even if he's making the league minimum.

Maybe he'll start producing this year, we'll see.

htismaqe
09-18-2000, 08:25 AM
Good googly moogly...

We hold the Chargers offense to 3 points, 49 yards rushing, 138 yards passing, record 6 sacks and an INT and all you guys can do is argue about whether Glock is overpaid?

Bob Dole doesn't give a rat's patootie how much anyone on that defense makes right now. It was a pleasure to see the guys on the field get some support from the coaching staff and get a win.

Raiderhader
09-18-2000, 08:33 AM
Do you know why he signed that size of contract. There were two little factors that made the contract so large.

First, the signing of many DL'men that offseason set the market very high. Gilbert and John Randle both pretty much 'set' the market for DT's that year.

The second factor was that Glock was coming off of 4 straight pro-bowl appearances.

Those two factors are what mitigated the large contract.

Now, back to expectations. Since 1994 where he peaked with 9.5 sacks, he has continuously had less sacks each year. 7.5 in 1995, 8 in 1996, 4.5 in 1997. Would I love to see him return to 7-9 sacks, sure! Do I expect him to? Not if he's constantly doubled and stuffs the middle, not really.

I would also love to see KC in the SB, do I expect them to this year? No.

DoktorSmith
09-18-2000, 08:38 AM
Mr. Dole, I concur...McGlockton may not get a lot of sacks...but he blows up the middle almost as good as Sapp...and when he blows up the middle, the other team don't run and the DEs can get to the QB...

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't all of our sacks come from DLinemen?...

Happy to see our DL put pressure on the QB without a blitz...frees up our LBs and DBs to make picks or at least cover their men properly....crush, kill, destroy... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Mike
09-18-2000, 01:41 PM
Not that it matters a whole lot, but, as I stated the last time this argument was held, that Glock earned $3,250,000 last year according to USA Today. I know he isn't putting up huge stats, but I think he IS performing very well. And if we had Barndt in there instead of Glock yesterday, we definitley wouldn't have had the production we did. I've knocked CM in the past, but you can't fault his performance this year. I think Eric's crediting of him is a lot more than "respect to his elders."

Duck Dog
09-18-2000, 01:47 PM
My complaint against Glock is the fact that he came to our sidelines talking to marty about a job WHILE he was still a raider. I don't care if they hate the team they play for, they signed the contract and should give it their all till they are under contract somewhere else.

alanm
09-19-2000, 07:42 AM
I have decided that the soiled shorts must be lucky, so I am not going to change them until we lose.

xoxo~
gaz
taking a rash for the team.<BR>

Raiderhader
09-19-2000, 07:48 AM
Gaz: on behalf of the rest of the fans in your near vicinity, please change your shorts. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Dr. Red
09-19-2000, 07:50 AM
Gaz - You are the ultimate team player http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif<P>

alanm
09-19-2000, 08:05 AM
You will thank me and my lucky stain when the Chiefs win the Super Bowl…

xoxo~
gaz
wonders where all the flies are coming from?<BR>

Coogs
09-19-2000, 12:14 PM
gaz,

I was wondering what that smell was around the south side of DooDah! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

And BTW, my condolences to Mrs. Gaz!

------------------
[b]ct
The 3 Stooges must go!!</B>

alanm
09-19-2000, 12:32 PM
Mrs. Gaz is a trooper and willing to suffer for the good of the team.

Fortunately, we have a 3-bedroom house, so there's plenty of room to avoid me.

xoxo~
gaz
can't stop his eyes from watering.