PDA

View Full Version : Any Moderators on the BB?

PastorMikH
09-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Say, there's a PhObia guy posting some photos that are in really poor taste. I've reported two of the posts, is there someone around that can ban him for us?

Frazod
09-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Just put him on ignore. Nobody will quote him, so that will be the end of it until somebody shows up to take out the trash.

Phobia
09-26-2005, 09:21 PM
Sorry, I just missed a tackle, got blocked, committed holding, and a facemask on the same play.

Somebody else is gonna have to get him. Too bad we don't have any Denver mods.

Chiefsrocker
09-26-2005, 09:25 PM
How do I put PhObia on ignore??

PastorMikH
09-26-2005, 09:28 PM
THANKS PHIL!!!

Chiefsrocker
09-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Ahhh I figured it out!!! Looks like he got banned allready! Thanks!

chiefs4me
09-26-2005, 10:04 PM
damn...I was ready to kick some ass....:p

PastorMikH
09-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Hey guys, he's back again as kcwolfrnan

Can his IP be banned by chance?

tommykat
09-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Hey guys, he's back again as kcwolfrnan

Can his IP be banned by chance?

:hmmm: Mods are busy.........This place sucks. Honestly, with all the new people this place is way to busy to get on.......sorry, just what I think!

Phobia
09-26-2005, 10:26 PM
:hmmm: Mods are busy.........This place sucks. Honestly, with all the new people this place is way to busy to get on.......sorry, just what I think!

It has nothing to do with new people. Our database is hosed and Austinchief won't give qualified people an opportunity to repair it.

jjjayb
09-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Need to shut the board down to unregistered people on gamedays. Might help the server load and keep losers like ph0bia/kcwolfrnan from posting their family albums.

tommykat
09-26-2005, 10:39 PM
It has nothing to do with new people. Our database is hosed and Austinchief won't give qualified people an opportunity to repair it.

Why not? That is just stupid. People are going to find other places if this is not corrected.

Phobia
09-26-2005, 10:42 PM
I don't know why. I wish I did. But, I've worked too hard to see this place crash and burn because of him.

dirk digler
09-26-2005, 10:50 PM
I don't know why. I wish I did. But, I've worked too hard to see this place crash and burn because of him.

Phil aren't you half owner? Does he not care about this place anymore?

Phobia
09-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Don't ask me to explain why he does the shit he does. I've kept my mouth shut for a very long time, covering for his failures. But I'm up to my ears with his lack of responsiveness. Maybe if I trash his ass and tell the truth on the board, he'll come around. Clearly voicemail, email, yahoo IM, and PM's aren't encouraging him to take action.

dirk digler
09-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Don't ask me to explain why he does the shit he does. I've kept my mouth shut for a very long time, covering for his failures. But I'm up to my ears with his lack of responsiveness. Maybe if I trash his ass and tell the truth on the board, he'll come around. Clearly voicemail, email, yahoo IM, and PM's aren't encouraging him to take action.

That sucks Phil.

My suggestion then would be to call his ass out and bring it to the board. There is no doubt people here would back you.

Skip Towne
09-26-2005, 11:14 PM
Holy Shit!!!

Skip Towne
09-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Say, there's a PhObia guy posting some photos that are in really poor taste. I've reported two of the posts, is there someone around that can ban him for us?
Hey, Mike, remember our conversation about a year ago on this very subject?

BigRedChief
09-26-2005, 11:27 PM
I'll stick up for Phil here. I'm on the technology committee. Database Admin is one of my skills. We have wanted access to look at the database to see what is up and what we can do to improve the site but have yet to get a return call/email/pm or any contact whatsoever. Very frustrating all around for everyone.

Mr. Kotter
09-26-2005, 11:30 PM

Kyle, we love you man, for what you've done with this place up until now....but Phil is right; take care of business, dude. :shake:

BigRedChief
09-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Kyle, we love you man, for what you've done with this place up until now....but Phil is right; take care of business, dude. :shake:

He'd better be in the hospital or something. No replies to numerous attempts at contact for 2 weeks. :shake:

Den9899
09-26-2005, 11:59 PM
F*ck it. I'm sure most of the posters here would follow you to a new board Phobia. Probably even pitch in on the costs. www.chiefsplan3t.com :)

dirk digler
09-26-2005, 11:59 PM
He'd better be in the hospital or something. No replies to numerous attempts at contact for 2 weeks. :shake:

The bad thing is he posted on today on this thread. IMO he is ignoring you Phil and the rest of you guys.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2718166#post2718166

testarossa
09-27-2005, 12:04 AM
F*ck it. I'm sure most of the posters here would follow you to a new board Phobia. Probably even pitch in on the costs. www.chiefsplan3t.com :)
u cuold setup donations thru paypal or.....

Demonpenz
09-27-2005, 12:07 AM
i am with austinchief on this one j/k

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2005, 12:09 AM
i am with austinchief on this one

What?

That we've had a Database "problem" for over a year at this point? And we can't seem to get it "fixed?"

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2005, 12:10 AM
i am with austinchief on this one j/k

Sorry, dude. Missed the j/k....

did you add that?

--according to the quote of you in the previous post, you did..... :hmmm:

stanleychief
09-27-2005, 12:15 AM
I'll stick up for Phil here. I'm on the technology committee. Database Admin is one of my skills. We have wanted access to look at the database to see what is up and what we can do to improve the site but have yet to get a return call/email/pm or any contact whatsoever. Very frustrating all around for everyone.

I've offered a few times on PHP related stuff, and I work with a group of network admins that would be glad to assist with load balancing suggestions, or whatever it takes to get this fixed. I don't think money would be a problem if they this board needed additional hardware. I've seen people volunteer money many times. Maybe it's a pride issue or something? :shrug:

I have a co-located server sitting in a facility literally doing nothing. I'd gladly lend it to the cause as long as we could cover the co-location fee per month. I'm planning on moving the server to a better facility in Dallas sometime this month, but can get it there sooner if needed. I'd also gladly give root access to whomever plans to maintain the site. I'm not looking to profit from this or control the site in any way, just looking to lend a hand... again. It is frustrating to see this place drag on nights like tonight when I'm pretty sure it's preventable.

Demonpenz
09-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Sorry, dude. Missed the j/k....

did you add that?

--according to the quote of you in the previous post, you did..... :hmmm:

It was a joke to begin with but with this being a serious thread i better go ahead and add it

dirk digler
09-27-2005, 12:21 AM
The board has actually been running good since the game is over. But during the game it was brutal.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2005, 12:23 AM
It was a joke to begin with but with this being a serious thread i better go ahead and add it

Yeah, it's gettin' to be....

"Shit, or get off the pot" time, as my grandma used to say.

KS Smitty
09-27-2005, 12:24 AM
I think Kyle is having a hard time realizing that the Planet has grown much larger than what he envisioned.

How much larger is the Planet than the "original" Star BB that forced an exodus to the Planet/PigskinPark/WildBills' etc. ?

Kyle once had dreams of starting "Planets" for all the NFL teams, perhaps that has something to do with his lack of interest to get other parties involved?

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 12:26 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this thread feels like it is out of the twilight zone?

dirk digler
09-27-2005, 12:32 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this thread feels like it is out of the twilight zone?

Maybe but something needs to be done don't you agree?

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2005, 12:33 AM

Nope. I understand....but would say it's been a while comin'.

Let's hope there is a happy ending to this episode, though.

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Maybe but something needs to be done don't you agree?

I am not disagreeing with that sentiment. I am merely stating the observation that I had upon reading this thread. From what it started out as, to how it very abruptly changed, to the tone it changed to just as abruptly, to noticing the time of the posts indicating the game was on going. Just felt weird to me as I read it. That's all.

dirk digler
09-27-2005, 12:43 AM
I am not disagreeing with that sentiment. I am merely stating the observation that I had upon reading this thread. From what it started out as, to how it very abruptly changed, to the tone it changed to just as abruptly, to noticing the time of the posts indicating the game was on going. Just felt weird to me as I read it. That's all.

Tommykat started it all. We can blame her.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2005, 12:44 AM

Dang, wench.

They always start chit like this.... :shake:

j/k, tk. :p

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 12:49 AM

That certainly explains the weird feel.....

Simplex3
09-27-2005, 12:52 AM
We went through this what, a year ago? It's pretty obvious that Kyle has other things going on in his life and that's Ok. However if he continues to neglect the board it might become a problem.

I'd like to know what kind of hits/minute the board is getting during the times it's dragging. Is the disk paging a ton? Is the RAM all gone but used up by processes other than web server and database server?

Honestly, unless this thing is taking twice the hits I think it is I get far better performance out of a dual p3 866.

The technology committee needs to put their heads together with Phil and figure out what is going to be done. Somebody needs to get those uids and pwds from Kyle so that things can move forward without being forced to rely on him. It sounds like we have a single point of failure and that is just plain bad for any system.

Like I've said in the past, all thanks to Kyle for starting the deal. However it's time for him to relax the iron fist and let others help or just get out. If you can't do it and you won't take help then you will kill this board eventually.

dirk digler
09-27-2005, 12:55 AM
We went through this what, a year ago? It's pretty obvious that Kyle has other things going on in his life and that's Ok. However if he continues to neglect the board it might become a problem.

I'd like to know what kind of hits/minute the board is getting during the times it's dragging. Is the disk paging a ton? Is the RAM all gone but used up by processes other than web server and database server?

Honestly, unless this thing is taking twice the hits I think it is I get far better performance out of a dual p3 866.

The technology committee needs to put their heads together with Phil and figure out what is going to be done. Somebody needs to get those uids and pwds from Kyle so that things can move forward without being forced to rely on him. It sounds like we have a single point of failure and that is just plain bad for any system.

Like I've said in the past, all thanks to Kyle for starting the deal. However it's time for him to relax the iron fist and let others help or just get out. If you can't do it and you won't take help then you will kill this board eventually.

Yep totally agree.

You can tell Phil is very frustrated and he has every right to be IMO.

Simplex3
09-27-2005, 01:14 AM
I've heard more than once that he had/has a dream of running a Planet for every NFL team. While that sounds great and all I don't think it's very realistic considering he can't keep this one and one other up and running on one server. Is it possible he still holds some desire to do this and is afraid he may have to share some credit if he accepts help?

Tribal Warfare
09-27-2005, 01:29 AM
If this is a battle of ideals, and power I fear this could be a KCStar BB disaster waiting to happen. The sheer creation of Chiefs Planet was to share thoughts openly, and yet at the sametime have a very functional server. If any of these issues aren't met then it's time to revaluate the reasons why one created a BB in the first place. I love this BB, and I don't want it to be shutdown because of neglect.

tk13
09-27-2005, 01:47 AM

Hurry, go start another board that nobody will flock to. :)

Simplex3
09-27-2005, 01:54 AM
Hurry, go start another board that nobody will flock to. :)
F**k off you cranky bitch. Other than picking a few people to follow around and bitch about do you do anything around here anymore?

Whether you liked my approach or not no fewer than 3 people had boards up and running in less than a day, some of whom admitted they had no experience. This site obviously has technical AND people issues that need to be solved. Taking pot shots at those pointing it out isn't doing anything but raising your post count.

luv
09-27-2005, 01:58 AM

Can you set something up to where it deletes usernames if they haven't been active for such and such period of time? I'm not talking about the lurkers, just those who register to see what it's about, then never come back.

tk13
09-27-2005, 02:00 AM
F**k off you cranky bitch. Other than picking a few people to follow around and bitch about do you do anything around here anymore?

Whether you liked my approach or not no fewer than 3 people had boards up and running in less than a day, some of whom admitted they had no experience. This site obviously has technical AND people issues that need to be solved. Taking pot shots at those pointing it out isn't doing anything but raising your post count.
Follow around? I don't follow anybody around. You're the one who likes to complain about everything.... you bitched and left and started your own board that had database problems and blew up. That's not my fault. Wah wah. Have a tissue.

Simplex3
09-27-2005, 02:01 AM
Can you set something up to where it deletes usernames if they haven't been active for such and such period of time? I'm not talking about the lurkers, just those who register to see what it's about, then never come back.
You could but they really shouldn't be a drain on the system. They should have 0 impact on performance.

My guess is there is a locking issue or some other contention for a given resource. I'd like to help but it seems everyone's hands are tied. Don't worry though, tk13 will come along to make fun of someone who's trying to help. That will make things better.

Demonpenz
09-27-2005, 02:02 AM
on the bright side the chiefs are good

luv
09-27-2005, 02:05 AM
You could but they really shouldn't be a drain on the system. They should have 0 impact on performance.

My guess is there is a locking issue or some other contention for a given resource. I'd like to help but it seems everyone's hands are tied. Don't worry though, tk13 will come along to make fun of someone who's trying to help. That will make things better.
Why doesn't AustinChief give someone the rites to make those changes? If he doesn't have the time to take care of the board, why not give some of those rites to those who do have the time to put in the effort? Aren't they doing a redesign? Can they fix some things with a few mouseclicks while doing that? Sorry for the 20 questions, I'm very computer ignorant.

Simplex3
09-27-2005, 02:09 AM
Follow around? I don't follow anybody around. You're the one who likes to complain about everything.... you bitched and left and started your own board that had database problems and blew up. That's not my fault. Wah wah. Have a tissue.
That board never had a single outage until I shut it down because it's residents weren't using it enough for me to keep it going. It was meant to prove a point about a feature and stanleychief and I proved the feature would work. I invited people to come see it but I never expected it to become the new ChiefsPlanet. ZachKC's and another (I can't remember who stated it) both ran just fine with the load that, at the time, was killing the Planet.

Since that time as near as I can tell the only change that has been made is the old posts were pruned. While that's helped reduce symptoms to a degree it certainly hasn't cured anything.

If offering to help and pointing out the places I feel I and others can help is compaining, whining, bitching, whatever, then yeah, I guess I am.

Simplex3
09-27-2005, 02:12 AM
Why doesn't AustinChief give someone the rites to make those changes? If he doesn't have the time to take care of the board, why not give some of those rites to those who do have the time to put in the effort? Aren't they doing a redesign? Can they fix some things with a few mouseclicks while doing that? Sorry for the 20 questions, I'm very computer ignorant.
Actually I'd recommend the technology committee hold off on any non-cosmetic changes until these problems are fixed. A basic analogy would be building a house. Right now we have server/operating system/database issues which equate to a foundation problem. Adding a new room upstairs could be the straw that broke the camel's back, whereas painting the living room won't change the weight of the house or it's weight distribution. Is that as clear as mud?

tk13
09-27-2005, 02:15 AM
Geezus pete. My comment was half in jest, hence the freaking smiley. Nevermind. Didn't mean to get anybody's panties in a bunch. At least now the truth has come out and I know you apparently have a lot of issues with me. Good to know. Sorry.

luv
09-27-2005, 02:21 AM
Actually I'd recommend the technology committee hold off on any non-cosmetic changes until these problems are fixed. A basic analogy would be building a house. Right now we have server/operating system/database issues which equate to a foundation problem. Adding a new room upstairs could be the straw that broke the camel's back, whereas painting the living room won't change the weight of the house or it's weight distribution. Is that as clear as mud?
Actually, no. I understood that. Analogies help. Thanks.

Simplex3
09-27-2005, 02:22 AM
Geezus pete. My comment was half in jest, hence the freaking smiley. Nevermind. Didn't mean to get anybody's panties in a bunch. At least now the truth has come out and I know you apparently have a lot of issues with me. Good to know. Sorry.
No, my bad. It's probably 1/2 the game, 1/4 watching another good technology project start to flame out because someone has appearant control issues, and 1/4 personal crap right now. I should have meditated or gone to bed after the game instead of getting into this thread.

It's frustrating knowing that there are probably 5 highly qualified guys willing to donate the time for free and all that's holding it up is one guy doing a backup and creating a username/password. Obviously the smartest/easiest/fastest/best way to get to the end goal is to fix this place as it stands.

htismaqe
09-27-2005, 06:19 AM
Sorry I wasn't here last night. I got pissed at halftime and shut the computer down.

I was pretty drunk, which I don't normally do during games, especially Monday nighters.

And let's take it easy trashing Kyle. I'll try to help you get ahold of him Phil, but let's not start a fight. I don't want this place to end up like the Star...

Saulbadguy
09-27-2005, 06:26 AM
That board never had a single outage until I shut it down because it's residents weren't using it enough for me to keep it going. It was meant to prove a point about a feature and stanleychief and I proved the feature would work. I invited people to come see it but I never expected it to become the new ChiefsPlanet. ZachKC's and another (I can't remember who stated it) both ran just fine with the load that, at the time, was killing the Planet.

Since that time as near as I can tell the only change that has been made is the old posts were pruned. While that's helped reduce symptoms to a degree it certainly hasn't cured anything.

If offering to help and pointing out the places I feel I and others can help is compaining, whining, bitching, whatever, then yeah, I guess I am.
The load wasn't even close to what the Chiefsplanet had. I was the other one who started a site, and most of the people who come here did not know about the new sites, because the only reason they would have known would have been by going to the Orangemane to find the link. Both boards had under 100 members.

Phobia
09-27-2005, 07:08 AM
Sorry I wasn't here last night. I got pissed at halftime and shut the computer down.

I was pretty drunk, which I don't normally do during games, especially Monday nighters.

And let's take it easy trashing Kyle. I'll try to help you get ahold of him Phil, but let's not start a fight. I don't want this place to end up like the Star...

Heh. It's a little late now. I don't think it's going to end up like the star. My comments on this thread are based on 3 weeks of trying to contact Kyle through every available means with one small response 6 days ago. He's blatantly ignoring me and others. I just want what's best for the site and I'm tired of looking like a dickhead because Kyle won't back me up.

Kyle, you've had 150 opportunities to have this conversation in private. I'd have much rather done it that way. No more excuses. Give the technology committee the access they need to fix the server or you will probably lose a lot of members.

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 07:26 AM
That is exactly what I recommended 2 weeks ago in the Tech committee. And everyone agreed. We have to have access to the schema to determine our database issues and start the tuning process. Kyle posting on this BB within the last couple of days but ignoring our repeated calls/emails/pm's for access to the MySql instance is defintely on purpose. Why I have no clue but I can tell you first hand that the access was requested weeks ago and no response is forthcoming from the only person who has the access, Kyle.

htismaqe
09-27-2005, 08:04 AM
Heh. It's a little late now. I don't think it's going to end up like the star. My comments on this thread are based on 3 weeks of trying to contact Kyle through every available means with one small response 6 days ago. He's blatantly ignoring me and others. I just want what's best for the site and I'm tired of looking like a dickhead because Kyle won't back me up.

Kyle, you've had 150 opportunities to have this conversation in private. I'd have much rather done it that way. No more excuses. Give the technology committee the access they need to fix the server or you will probably lose a lot of members.

I wasn't talking specifically about your comments. If he won't respond to you, you have to do something. Making it public is probably the final, and best, straw.

I was referring to the comments after your post. I don't want people taking personal shots at him...this is business at this point.

dirk digler
09-27-2005, 08:40 AM
I don't understand how he can post on here but not respond to any requests. I don't know the guy but that is shady IMO.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2005, 09:03 AM
I wasn't talking specifically about your comments. If he won't respond to you, you have to do something. Making it public is probably the final, and best, straw.

I was referring to the comments after your post. I don't want people taking personal shots at him...this is business at this point.

I don't think anyone is taking personal shots at him; just attempting to get his attention, maybe? :shrug:

As for "this is business"--maybe that's the problem. For many, if not most of us....it isn't "business"... otherwise, we'd have a subscription fee/paid service. And the real opportunity to make it that could slip away if something isn't done soon, IMO.

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 09:07 AM
I don't think anyone is taking personal shots at him; just attempting to get his attention, maybe? :shrug:

As for "this is business"--maybe that's the problem. For many, if not most of us....it isn't "business"... otherwise, we'd have a subscription fee/paid service. And the real opportunity to make it that could slip away if something isn't done soon, IMO.

Yeah lets don't get personal with Kyle. Maybe he will have a good reason for posting on here but ignoring requests from everyone for access?

We have a group of highly paid techies willing to work for nothing on the same page that are ready to go. This oppertunity can't be lost.

htismaqe
09-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Yeah lets don't get personal with Kyle. Maybe he will have a good reason for posting on here but ignoring requests from everyone for access?

We have a group of highly paid techies willing to work for nothing on the same page that are ready to go. This oppertunity can't be lost.

I agree. We have a ton of expertise here that's just sitting idle.

Area 51
09-27-2005, 09:28 AM

Gather investors and buy him out.

Archie F. Swin
09-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Damnit Carl! :cuss:

gblowfish
09-27-2005, 09:46 AM
When's the last time Austin Chief posted? Looks like its been a few weeks. Maybe he has some kind of real life stuff affecting him. Hope everything is OK with him. There's usually a good reason when people disappear for awhile.

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 10:04 AM
When's the last time Austin Chief posted? Looks like its been a few weeks. UH........yesterday. From his public profile.
AustinChief
(Administrator)
Last Activity: Yesterday 05:33 PM

Posted in this thread yesterday at 2:16 pm. Phobia posted right in front of him.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=125072 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=125072)

PastorMikH
09-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Wow, my asking for help banning a troll sure took a turn after I went to bed.

I will say that I was pretty frustrated last night with the game (I can't remember the last time I quit watching a Chiefs game before it was over), but I was also frustrated - as I was the week before when we were beating Oakland - with the inability to post. And there were only about 150 or so people on during the Oakland game when I checked the front page - which is far below the numbers we have ran at other times without as much slow down. Something does need to be fixed. If we have the people here that have the ability to fix this (Which I am really sure that we so), I'd be all for letting them do it. If there is no one here able to fix the problems, and the problems need to be outsourced to a third party company to fix, get a quote and let us know how much it will cost so donations can be sent in to pay for it.

I would like to ask those that actually have the ability to make decisions in getting these things fixed to step in, let some people help, and let's get these problems fixed. When I started on the Planet, we were the #1 NFL board on the net - I remember seeing the rankings in some threads around here a few years back. Let's make a push to take back that #1 spot.

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 10:55 AM
Wow, my asking for help banning a troll sure took a turn after I went to bed.

I will say that I was pretty frustrated last night with the game (I can't remember the last time I quit watching a Chiefs game before it was over), but I was also frustrated - as I was the week before when we were beating Oakland - with the inability to post. And there were only about 150 or so people on during the Oakland game when I checked the front page - which is far below the numbers we have ran at other times without as much slow down. Something does need to be fixed. If we have the people here that have the ability to fix this (Which I am really sure that we so), I'd be all for letting them do it. If there is no one here able to fix the problems, and the problems need to be outsourced to a third party company to fix, get a quote and let us know how much it will cost so donations can be sent in to pay for it.

I would like to ask those that actually have the ability to make decisions in getting these things fixed to step in, let some people help, and let's get these problems fixed. When I started on the Planet, we were the #1 NFL board on the net - I remember seeing the rankings in some threads around here a few years back. Let's make a push to take back that #1 spot.

No need to outsource or take up a collection of money to pay for the tech people to make changes.

We have an over abundance of highly trained tech people willing to work for free to work on the issues. They just don't have the access to the DB/Server to see what's up.

PastorMikH
09-27-2005, 11:11 AM
No need to outsource or take up a collection of money to pay for the tech people to make changes.

We have an over abundance of highly trained tech people willing to work for free to work on the issues. They just don't have the access to the DB/Server to see what's up.

I pretty much knew that already and aluded to that, but I also want to leave the door open if need be. Let me add though, I would not prefer outsourcing when there are people here that can fix it for free but aren't allowed to due to a "Territory" dispute.

dirk digler
09-27-2005, 11:26 AM
I personally think Phil needs to call out Kyle to the community if he still hasn't heard from him in a couple of weeks. If he is posting on here then there should be no excuse why he hasn't responded to Phil or anyone else for that matter.

Sometimes you have to be an asshole to get things done .

PastorMikH
09-27-2005, 11:29 AM
I personally think Phil needs to call out Kyle to the community if he still hasn't heard from him in a couple of weeks. If he is posting on here then there should be no excuse why he hasn't responded to Phil or anyone else for that matter.

Sometimes you have to be an asshole to get things done .

Perhaps a "Sticky" at the top of the BB saying something to the effect "Hey, Kyle..." and inside "We really need to talk"?

dirk digler
09-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Perhaps a "Sticky" at the top of the BB saying something to the effect "Hey, Kyle..." and inside "We really need to talk"?

My thoughts exactly.

go bowe
09-27-2005, 11:51 AM

Whether you liked my approach or not no fewer than 3 people had boards up and running in less than a day, some of whom admitted they had no experience. This site obviously has technical AND people issues that need to be solved. Taking pot shots at those pointing it out isn't doing anything but raising your post count.ooooh ooooh...

can i raise my post count too?

i'd be glad to take a pot shot or two...

but what exactly is a "pot" shot?

:bong: :shrug:

go bowe
09-27-2005, 11:55 AM

Whether you liked my approach or not no fewer than 3 people had boards up and running in less than a day, some of whom admitted they had no experience. This site obviously has technical AND people issues that need to be solved. Taking pot shots at those pointing it out isn't doing anything but raising your post count.oh, i forgot to say that sometimes you seem to make it too easy to shoot your pot...

i'm tempted too, but it's too hard for me to follow anybody around... :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

go bowe
09-27-2005, 11:59 AM

My guess is there is a locking issue or some other contention for a given resource. I'd like to help but it seems everyone's hands are tied. Don't worry though, tk13 will come along to make fun of someone who's trying to help. That will make things better.hey, making fun of people when they complain is a chiefs planet tradition, yea, even a social custom...

well, making fun of people all the time is actually the tradition, it's just that some are better at it than others... :D :D :D

go bowe
09-27-2005, 12:02 PM

If offering to help and pointing out the places I feel I and others can help is compaining, whining, bitching, whatever, then yeah, I guess I am.see?

you admitted it yourself... :p :p :p

go bowe
09-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Geezus pete. My comment was half in jest, hence the freaking smiley. Nevermind. Didn't mean to get anybody's panties in a bunch. At least now the truth has come out and I know you apparently have a lot of issues with me. Good to know. Sorry.hey, lots of people have issues with you...

for one thing, you don't post every single article about the chiefs as soon as it becomes available, day or night...

well, not every single one anyway...

and you don't have that damned burger king as your avatar anymore...

wait, that's a good thing...

i know if i just concentrate for awhile, i can think of some more things that everybody hates about you...

mmm...

mmm...

mmm...

um, let me get back to you on that...

dirk digler
09-27-2005, 12:11 PM
This was a serious discussion...

:p

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 12:13 PM

Yeah what he said. Go trash each other some where else.:shake:

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 12:13 PM
hey, lots of people have issues with you...

for one thing, you don't post every single article about the chiefs as soon as it becomes available, day or night...

well, not every single one anyway...

and you don't have that damned burger king as your avatar anymore...

wait, that's a good thing...

i know if i just concentrate for awhile, i can think of some more things that everybody hates about you...

mmm...

mmm...

mmm...

um, let me get back to you on that...

His pompus, over-rated opinion of himself as an elite poster on this board?

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 12:15 PM

Welcome to the Planet, where the discussion can go from serious, to extremely serious, to a big f#cking joke in 1.2 beers. ;)

go bowe
09-27-2005, 12:16 PM

Kyle, you've had 150 opportunities to have this conversation in private. I'd have much rather done it that way. No more excuses. Give the technology committee the access they need to fix the server or you will probably lose a lot of members.ouch...

now you guys are starting to scare me...

the planet is what it is because of the combined talent and wit of many many regulars and quite a few noobies who seem to be able to carry the weight...

losing members is not a pleasant thought...

i sure hope this gets resolved soon...

but in the meantime, hang in there phil...

frustration can lead to drink...

er, uh... i forgot, you do drink already, don't you?

ok, ok... it's other people's wit and humor that makes this place so great...

and, fwiw, we appreciate all your efforts over the years to make the planet what it is, phil...

and kyle, we appreciate you creating this place and maintaining as much as possible a community driven bb...

both of you deserve our thanks...

so, having said all that, kyle, please call phil (or email or im or snail mail)...

PastorMikH
09-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Yeah what he said. Go trash each other some where else.:shake:

Now, now. A hijacking keeps the thread near the top of the page where it has a better chance of being read. (which I do need to point out was hijacked by TommyKat in the first place to turn it to a serious discussion).
Also, hijacking allows my thread to keep inching towards 100 replies, and me starting a thread that hits 100 replies would label me a worthy poster in Skip Towne's eyes.:)

Simplex3
09-27-2005, 12:23 PM
The load wasn't even close to what the Chiefsplanet had. I was the other one who started a site, and most of the people who come here did not know about the new sites, because the only reason they would have known would have been by going to the Orangemane to find the link. Both boards had under 100 members.
Total membership isn't the issue. It's hits/sec.

go bowe
09-27-2005, 12:25 PM

As for "this is business"--maybe that's the problem. For many, if not most of us....it isn't "business"... otherwise, we'd have a subscription fee/paid service. And the real opportunity to make it that could slip away if something isn't done soon, IMO.i'm sure a subscription fee/paid service would be great for business (in the sense of making this place self-sufficient at the very least)...

but i worry about us welfare moms that can't afford even a modest fee on a recurring basis...

and would there be enough left in the free realm to keep drawing new members in?

noobies are the lifeblood (well, maybe not lifeblood) of the planet...

often they bring a great deal to the planet...

and other than the core that was here at the beginning, we were all noobies once...

but i'm sure you have already considered these issues, i'm just sorta running off at the mouth here...

PastorMikH
09-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Total membership isn't the issue. It's hits/sec.

Which even that can't be nearly as high as it used to be unless people on other web sites are linking to pics here (Which is quite possible with the Girly thread). To which I would think that would be something that could be fixed with some tweaking/software additions.

dirk digler
09-27-2005, 12:27 PM
i'm just sorta running off at the mouth here...

We can tell.

Katipan
09-27-2005, 12:29 PM
You have way too big of a fan base to charge for accounts. Plus, the odd fan that pops in to talk smack for a week or two prior to a game. You don't want to make him pay.

But maybe if you made the really good forums subscription based. It's easier than it looks to get people to cough up $5 or $10.

The money would? help...

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 12:30 PM
You have way too big of a fan base to charge for accounts. Plus, the odd fan that pops in to talk smack for a week or two prior to a game. You don't want to make him pay.

But maybe if you made the really good forums subscription based. It's easier than it looks to get people to cough up $5 or $10.

The money would? help...

We don't?

Simplex3
09-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Which even that can't be nearly as high as it used to be unless people on other web sites are linking to pics here (Which is quite possible with the Girly thread). To which I would think that would be something that could be fixed with some tweaking/software additions.
That could be determined and fixed in less than a day with the proper rights and access.

In my professional opinion I would say that's probably not it, though. It would be one strange coincidence to have traffic spike that way exactly the same times we have it spike on gameday.

Simplex3
09-27-2005, 12:34 PM
The money would? help...
Actually, the issues Phil and the Tech Committee are talking about can't be helped by money. Right now we have a people problem standing between a technical problem and the free labor to fix it. No amount of money will fix that.

go bowe
09-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Now, now. A hijacking keeps the thread near the top of the page where it has a better chance of being read. (which I do need to point out was hijacked by TommyKat in the first place to turn it to a serious discussion).
Also, hijacking allows my thread to keep inching towards 100 replies, and me starting a thread that hits 100 replies would label me a worthy poster in Skip Towne's eyes.:)don't you already have a few 100 post threads?

i know that i'm on my way to being a worthy poster...

i recently set a new record for myself with a thread that got to nine posts...

of course, half of those were mine and it was in the d.c. forum so it probably doesn't count with skip anyway... :( :( :(

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2005, 12:36 PM
i'm sure a subscription fee/paid service would be great for business (in the sense of making this place self-sufficient at the very least)...

but i worry about us welfare moms that can't afford even a modest fee on a recurring basis...

and would there be enough left in the free realm to keep drawing new members in?

noobies are the lifeblood (well, maybe not lifeblood) of the planet...

often they bring a great deal to the planet...

and other than the core that was here at the beginning, we were all noobies once...

but i'm sure you have already considered these issues, i'm just sorta running off at the mouth here...

I understand your point. And it is a good one.

I think Phil and Kyle have already contemplated that issue though, and addressed it quite satisfactorily--with the proposal of a "premium content" option. :thumb:

PastorMikH
09-27-2005, 12:37 PM
don't you already have a few 100 post threads?

It's Skip, you know he's senile and only remembers what you've done in the last week or so.

go bowe
09-27-2005, 12:38 PM
We can tell.you're welcome...

i teed that up so high i figured someone would hit it out of the park...

Katipan
09-27-2005, 12:39 PM
We don't?

shrug

unless you want a vanilla flavored forum.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2005, 12:41 PM
shrug

unless you want a vanilla flavored forum.

I prefer chocolate, myself. :hmmm:

go bowe
09-27-2005, 12:41 PM
It's Skip, you know he's senile and only remembers what you've done in the last week or so.ROFL ROFL ROFL

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Also, hijacking allows my thread to keep inching towards 100 replies, and me starting a thread that hits 100 replies would label me a worthy poster in Skip Towne's eyes.:)
Just one won't do shit for you Jack. Do 50 more and get back to me.

go bowe
09-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Just one won't do shit for you Jack. Do 50 more and get back to me.other than you and kotter, how many people have 100 post threads?

and besides you, who has 50 of them?

you're just in a class by yourself, skipper... :p :p :p

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 01:07 PM
It's Skip, you know he's senile and only remembers what you've done in the last week or so.
You have a total of 4 threads with more than 100 replies. You are a pauper.

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 01:17 PM
You have a total of 4 threads with more than 100 replies. You are a pauper.Continues the thread drift started by Skip.:)

I have 8 of them. and 31 threads with over a 1000 views. Not bad for a 2003er n00b? or is that pauper status also?

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 01:34 PM
I prefer chocolate, myself. :hmmm:

Cherry.

dirk digler
09-27-2005, 01:38 PM
I have 8 as well. Heck I didn't even realize I had 1.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 01:41 PM
other than you and kotter, how many people have 100 post threads?

and besides you, who has 50 of them?

you're just in a class by yourself, skipper... :p :p :p
I have more than 50. I can't find anyone else with as many as 20. I should charge the rest of you an entertainment tax.

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Just out of curiosity, Skip, how many of your 100 + reply threads are game threads?

Donger
09-27-2005, 01:49 PM
I have 8 as well. Heck I didn't even realize I had 1.

Out of curiousity, who did you/how does one find that out?

dirk digler
09-27-2005, 01:52 PM

Go to the Advanced Mode Search and put in your username and choose threads started by and put 100 in the Extra Search Conditions where it says Find threads with at least replies

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 01:53 PM

Click the profile button on the bottom of your post and then click the the link for "Find all threads started by this user". From there, scroll through the pages counting 100 + reply threads.

dirk digler
09-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Just out of curiosity, Skip, how many of your 100 + reply threads are game threads?

I count 14 out of the 50 that is showing

dirk digler
09-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Click the profile button on the bottom of your post

Where is this at?

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Actually, the issues Phil and the Tech Committee are talking about can't be helped by money. Right now we have a people problem standing between a technical problem and the free labor to fix it. No amount of money will fix that.

Thats it in a nutshell. :clap:

Attempts to stop the post count thread drift........Will it work?

Donger
09-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Go to the Advanced Mode Search and put in your username and choose threads started by and put 100 in the Extra Search Conditions where it says Find threads with at least replies

Thank you.

I have 13? Yikes.

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 02:00 PM

I suppose this would work easier. I've never bothered with the advanced search feature, so I have no idea what it offers.

Of course, for those of us who were here from the get go, your results will be skewed since the archives are all out of whack. I found a 100 + reply thread under my name that I didn't start.

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Where is this at?

You see the little green rep boxes? Move to your right from there just a bit.

PastorMikH
09-27-2005, 02:05 PM
You have a total of 4 threads with more than 100 replies. You are a pauper.

Eh, somewhere in the dark corners of server storage space there's several years of planet posting that is unaccesable currently. In that dark corner I know of several more that could be added to the list.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Eleven.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 02:09 PM
I suppose this would work easier. I've never bothered with the advanced search feature, so I have no idea what it offers.

Of course, for those of us who were here from the get go, your results will be skewed since the archives are all out of whack. I found a 100 + reply thread under my name that I didn't start.
I started all the threads listed in my account.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2005, 02:10 PM
I have more than 50. I can't find anyone else with as many as 20. I should charge the rest of you an entertainment tax.

Does that make you a(n):

A. attention whore
B. drama queen
C. attention queen
D. drama whore
E. All the above

:hmmm:

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Attempts to stop the post count thread drift........Will it work?
Noone ever listens to me........:sulk:

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Eh, somewhere in the dark corners of server storage space there's several years of planet posting that is unaccesable currently. In that dark corner I know of several more that could be added to the list.
I'm sure that's true for all of us. BTW, you are showing 25 threads started to my 236. I know I have started more than 400.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Does that make you a(n):

A. attention whore
B. drama queen
C. attention queen
D. drama whore
E. All the above

:hmmm:
You left out "most entertaining thread starter" dipshit.

Saulbadguy
09-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Its not the quantity of posts on a thread, its the quality!

PastorMikH
09-27-2005, 02:16 PM
I'm sure that's true for all of us. BTW, you are showing 25 threads started to my 236. I know I have started more than 400.

So, I'm just under 25% of my threads going over 100. My batting average appears just a bit higher than yours than. The solution is that I should start more threads like you do then.

:)

PastorMikH
09-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by tommykat
:hmmm: Mods are busy.........This place sucks. Honestly, with all the new people this place is way to busy to get on.......sorry, just what I think! <HR SIZE=1>

Heh, a little attempt to get back to the important issue in this thread...

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 02:24 PM
So, I'm just under 25% of my threads going over 100. My batting average appears just a bit higher than yours than. The solution is that I should start more threads like you do then.

:)
Please do. This is one dull place lately. Without the bitching there would be no threads.

Dartgod
09-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Hehe, I have four 100+ reply threads...and three of them are the Fantasy gambling threads I've started this season. I guess that makes me a n00b in Skip's eyes.

luv
09-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Thank you.

I have 13? Yikes.
I have seven. None of them are football threads though. :( I joined in December of 2004, but didn't really start posting until March 2005.

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by tommykat
:hmmm: Mods are busy.........This place sucks. Honestly, with all the new people this place is way to busy to get on.......sorry, just what I think! <HR SIZE=1>

Heh, a little attempt to get back to the important issue in this thread...

It's like a new toy. They can't help themselfs from playing with it. :rolleyes:

Simplex3
09-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Noone ever listens to me........:sulk:
Sorry, I was in a meeting with a customer. I thought that was important. :)

I don't think it has anything to do with long-running threads chocking off the system but I wouldn't rule it out. I know when the "last one to post wins" thread starts getting attention the board doesn't drag and I don't think there is a bigger thread out there.

Somebody needs to just do some resource monitoring and find out what's in short supply then figure out why that's happening. If we're dragging and there are no resource issues then it's likely a database locking problem that needs some query monitoring so we can clean up those issues.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Actually it was PastorMikH that steered this thread off course. I was totally innocent.

PastorMikH
09-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Actually it was PastorMikH that steered this thread off course. I was totally innocent.

Uhm, which time? TK actually steered it off course first, which took it to the heated discussion about Kyle and the BB efficiency. Then there are several others that kept steering it in different directions at different times.

As long as it gets bumped to the top and discussion continues off and on about the BB (in hopes of the problems getting noticed) I really don't care who hijacks it.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Uhm, which time? TK actually steered it off course first, which took it to the heated discussion about Kyle and the BB efficiency. Then there are several others that kept steering it in different directions at different times.

As long as it gets bumped to the top and discussion continues off and on about the BB (in hopes of the problems getting noticed) I really don't care who hijacks it.
Me either. I've had a good time with it.

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 03:52 PM
You left out "most entertaining thread starter" dipshit.

I really am not sure I buy into this this concept. How often has the thread starter had nothing to do with the popularity of a thread? I've seen (and participated in) dupe threads that became more popular than the "original", simply because people decided they wanted to have fun with it. I've seen official night crew threads started, only to see them drop off the first page while some other thread gets hijacked and becomes the night crews haunt for the evening. Hell, the hijack itself deserves plenty of credit for large threads. Were it not for a hijack, a lot of threads would die sooner rather than later. One must also consider that the more threads one starts, the more opportunities one has of "hitting a home run".

I really do not think that the number of large threads one has to their name is a good indicator of what a "great and entertaining poster" said person is. The quantity of responses is not necessarily an indicator that the thread starter is the reason for the success of the thread.

If your popularity status on the board is that important to you, have Rain Man start a poll with those considered "popular" and let everyone vote on it. Then you will know for sure just how "entertaining" you really are.

Iowanian
09-27-2005, 04:08 PM
1 Donkey Punch, and the planet is eating its Elders.

I've paid, all I'm paying for a while.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 04:13 PM
I really am not sure I buy into this this concept. How often has the thread starter had nothing to do with the popularity of a thread? I've seen (and participated in) dupe threads that became more popular than the "original", simply because people decided they wanted to have fun with it. I've seen official night crew threads started, only to see them drop off the first page while some other thread gets hijacked and becomes the night crews haunt for the evening. Hell, the hijack itself deserves plenty of credit for large threads. Were it not for a hijack, a lot of threads would die sooner rather than later. One must also consider that the more threads one starts, the more opportunities one has of "hitting a home run".

I really do not think that the number of large threads one has to their name is a good indicator of what a "great and entertaining poster" said person is. The quantity of responses is not necessarily an indicator that the thread starter is the reason for the success of the thread.

If your popularity status on the board is that important to you, have Rain Man start a poll with those considered "popular" and let everyone vote on it. Then you will know for sure just how "entertaining" you really are.
Whoa, someone is a little intense. Yeah, it's just coincidence that one guy has 3 times as many as the next guy. Also, most of mine are not football related and none were hijacked that I can recall. You can go read them since you are so interested in them.

carlos3652
09-27-2005, 04:15 PM
1 100+ Posts
6 850+ Views
50 Threads Started... Im such a n00b...

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 04:24 PM
1 100+ Posts
6 850+ Views
50 Threads Started... Im such a n00b...
Yes, you are. Run along home now. Damn n00bs! :cuss:

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Whoa, someone is a little intense. Yeah, it's just coincidence that one guy has 3 times as many as the next guy. Also, most of mine are not football related and none were hijacked that I can recall. You can go read them since you are so interested in them.

It wasn't meant to come across as tense, I was merely pointing out the fallacy of using this particular standard as a measurement of one's entertainment value.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 04:31 PM
It wasn't meant to come across as tense, I was merely pointing out the fallacy of using this particular standard as a measurement of one's entertainment value.
Actually it is the thread's entertainment value. And number of replies looks like a good standard to me. It apparently appealed to a large number of posters. What else are you going to use?

Area 51
09-27-2005, 04:34 PM

Depending on which elder it might be worth the price!!!!

Do we get to name to oldies that get to be on the canibal's table?

Bob Dole
09-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Yes.

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Actually it is the thread's entertainment value. And number of replies looks like a good standard to me. It apparently appealed to a large number of posters. What else are you going to use?

As a measure for the thread itself that is perfectly fine. My point is that it does not necessarily equate to the person who started the thread. And that seems to me, from what I have read from you, the tie-in you seem to advocating; great thread = great thread starter, and that just is not the case all of the time.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Depending on which elder it might be worth the price!!!!

Do we get to name to oldies that get to be on the canibal's table?
You get nothing. You are a n00b. Begone!!

Boozer
09-27-2005, 04:58 PM

Regarding my inclination to pay any subscription fee for the Planet, "game day hangs" would be a definite deal-breaker for me.

|Zach|
09-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Whoa, someone is a little intense.
You are the one that has been obsessed with these numbers for a while. I almost fell out of my chair laughing when you threw those numbers at me trying to make a point in a conversation

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 07:51 PM
can we get back to the subject now?

stanleychief
09-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Sorry, I was in a meeting with a customer. I thought that was important. :)

I don't think it has anything to do with long-running threads chocking off the system but I wouldn't rule it out. I know when the "last one to post wins" thread starts getting attention the board doesn't drag and I don't think there is a bigger thread out there.

Somebody needs to just do some resource monitoring and find out what's in short supply then figure out why that's happening. If we're dragging and there are no resource issues then it's likely a database locking problem that needs some query monitoring so we can clean up those issues.
I'm thinking something like SQL Profiler would be awesome if such a tool exists for MySQL. I haven't really played around much with the latest admin tools for that platform, so I wouldn't know.

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 08:11 PM
can we get back to the subject now?

Which one?

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 08:48 PM
Which one?

good point.

Kyle contacting Phil

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 08:56 PM
good point.

Kyle contacting Phil

Ah. That has since been addressed in a thread dedicated to said subject.

So we can go back to inane subjects. :)

NewChief
09-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Ah. That has since been addressed in a thread dedicated to said subject.

So we can go back to inane subjects. :)

Who cares what you think? You haven't started enough threads over 100 posts to have an opinion that matters. Oh wait! Neither have I. I should shut up now because obviously if you don't start pointless threads like "Last One to Post on This Thread Wins", you're not a worthwhile member of the board.
ROFL

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Who cares what you think? You haven't started enough threads over 100 posts to have an opinion that matters. Oh wait! Neither have I. I should shut up now because obviously if you don't start pointless threads like "Last One to Post on This Thread Wins", you're not a worthwhile member of the board.
ROFL

Heh.

I'd say more than "heh", but I think I have probably already poked the old goat enough for one day. I sense he doesn't like having his status on the board challenged. He seems a tad touchy about the subject. He kinda acts a little bit like newbs he picks on.

Oh dear, I've gone and said more than "heh".....

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Heh.

I'd say more than "heh", but I think I have probably already poked the old goat enough for one day. I sense he doesn't like having his status on the board challenged. He seems a tad touchy about the subject. He kinda acts a little bit like newbs he picks on.

Oh dear, I've gone and said more than "heh".....
It seems to bother you a lot more than it does me. And I never bring this topic up, others do. PastoMikH did it this time. If it makes you feel inadequate, please ignore it.

NewChief
09-27-2005, 09:17 PM
It seems to bother you a lot more than it does me. And I never bring this topic up, others do. PastoMikH did it this time. If it makes you feel inadequate, please ignore it.

In all honesty, I wasn't even aware of this worth-o-meter until I skimmed over this thread. I also confess that I didn't really read many of the posts about it. I just thought it was funny. Sorry if I hurt your feelings or disturbed your digestion or something.

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 09:27 PM

Where did I say it bothered me?

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 09:27 PM
In all honesty, I wasn't even aware of this worth-o-meter until I skimmed over this thread. I also confess that I didn't really read many of the posts about it. I just thought it was funny. Sorry if I hurt your feelings or disturbed your digestion or something.
Yeah, well I did have to break out the Maalox but you're forgiven this time.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Where did I say it bothered me?
It's your general demeanor and continued interest that gave you away.

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 09:37 PM
It's your general demeanor and continued interest that gave you away.

A) You are obviously misreading my general demeanor

B) Continued interest? Today is the first time I have sounded off on the subject, and there have been plenty of other opportunties to do so. And this last shot was playing off a joke that someone posted in response to me.

You are acting a bit defensive over this, I'm starting to think I have struck a nerve.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 09:46 PM
A) You are obviously misreading my general demeanor

B) Continued interest? Today is the first time I have sounded off on the subject, and there have been plenty of other opportunties to do so. And this last shot was playing off a joke that someone posted in response to me.

You are acting a bit defensive over this, I'm starting to think I have struck a nerve.
I'm not at all defensive. This gets brought up by others all the time. I always play along. You posted a very long post about it which I thought was quite unusual for something like this. You, though, are acting like it is an affront to your worth to this board. I must admit you have a point since you only have 7. That is very low for someone with as many posts as you have. You really don't contribute much in this area. But why blame me for it?

Saulbadguy
09-27-2005, 09:50 PM
But why blame me for it?
Because its funny.

PastorMikH
09-27-2005, 10:10 PM
ROFL

Yes I remember the Last Post Thread. Hoover was a genious for starting that thread. Then someone lobbied to get the thread pulled so they could start their own.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Because its funny.
Ppppppppfffffffftttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or whatever noise it is that Archie Bunker makes with a lot of slobber projected in your general direction.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Yes I remember the Last Post Thread. Hoover was a genious for starting that thread. Then someone lobbied to get the thread pulled so they could start their own.
You're damn lucky they "pulled" it instead of deleting it. If they had deleted it you would have a minus post count.

PastorMikH
09-27-2005, 10:50 PM
You're lucky they "pulled" it instead of deleting it. If they had deleted it you would have a minus post count.

Actually, I am short about 700 posts if you want to get technical. That and a couple of other threads that I did a lot of posting on disappeared and when they did, my post count dropped. JOhn, Cntrygal and several others dropped too.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Actually, I am short about 700 posts if you want to get technical. That and a couple of other threads that I did a lot of posting on disappeared and when they did, my post count dropped. JOhn, Cntrygal and several others dropped too.
I've had it happen too. But it is usually just a matter of three or four posts for me. It deletes everybody's posts when a thread is deleted. Since I don't post on "postwhore" threads (except to protest) it doesn't affect me at all. I remember a few months ago when you were bitching about your post count going backward and you didn't know why. I laughed and laughed.

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm not at all defensive. This gets brought up by others all the time. I always play along.

I can give a link of at least one time when YOU made an issue of it. Quit trying to play it off like you have never done so.

You posted a very long post about it which I thought was quite unusual for something like this.

I posted that because I have seen it brought up multiple times and you always seem to act like it is significant. Frankly, it isn't.

You, though, are acting like it is an affront to your worth to this board. I must admit you have a point since you only have 7. That is very low for someone with as many posts as you have. You really don't contribute much in this area. But why blame me for it?

An affront to my worth? :spock: You are the one that is making a big deal out of this. I refuted the importance of this "competition" for the simple reason that it is stupid and you have been trying to defend it ever since. Even with this post you are attempting to belittle me because I only have 7. News flash old timer, I don't give a damn how many I have. You appear to be the only poster whom it matters a great deal to.

dirk digler
09-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Dang this thread still going on. To bad Skip hijacked this it was a good thread.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 11:32 PM
I can give a link of at least one time when YOU made an issue of it. Quit trying to play it off like you have never done so.

I posted that because I have seen it brought up multiple times and you always seem to act like it is significant. Frankly, it isn't.

An affront to my worth? :spock: You are the one that is making a big deal out of this. I refuted the importance of this "competition" for the simple reason that it is stupid and you have been trying to defend it ever since. Even with this post you are attempting to belittle me because I only have 7. News flash old timer, I don't give a damn how many I have. You appear to be the only poster whom it matters a great deal to.If you will check back in this thread, i have done nothing to keep this going. You have repeatedly responded to it sometimes in lengthy posts. It fell off the front page much to my approval, but it came back and you chose to post on it again. You called me an "old goat", you little dipshit, so you are now the "little dipshit". I've tried very hard to downplay this but you seem seriously intent on a "war". You got it junior. Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 11:36 PM
If you will check back in this thread, i have done nothing to keep this going. You have repeatedly responded to it sometimes in lengthy posts. It fell off the front page much to my approval, but it came back and you chose to post on it again. You called me an "old goat", you little dipshit, so you are now the "little dipshit". I've tried very hard to downplay this but you seem seriously intent on a "war". You got it junior. Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL Go ahead, Skipper, have your little war. I hope you "kicking my cyber ass" fills you with the contentment in life you seem to be missing.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 11:49 PM
ROFL Go ahead, Skipper, have your little war. I hope you "kicking my cyber ass" fills you with the contentment in life you seem to be missing.
There was only a war because you insisted on it. I can see you are quite insecure and I can understand why. I've been here for quite awhile and I'm familiar with your situation. Plus I have a degree in Psychology. I am also very surprised to see you attack me. We've both been on this board for a long time with no trouble between us. I rarely attack unless I am attacked. I gave you plenty of leeway and even turned the other cheek. But when you persisted, I changed courses. If you f*ck with the bull, you will get the horn. That is one of Saulbadguys favorite phrases. Heh

Raiderhader
09-27-2005, 11:56 PM
There was only a war because you insisted on it.

No, I didn't. You did.

I can see you are quite insecure and I can understand why. I've been here for quite awhile and I'm familiar with your situation. Plus I have a degree in Psychology.

Oh please, doooo tell. This ought to be rich...

I am also very surprised to see you attack me. We've both been on this board for a long time with no trouble between us.

I DIDN'T ATTACK YOU! I knew you were getting defensive, this just proves it.

I rarely attack unless I am attacked.

I'm sure the newbs would be interested in learning this.

Come to think of it, you f#ck with them all the time, but when someone decides to have a little fun at your expense you go off the wall and start declaring war over imagined insults. Very telling.

I gave you plenty of leeway and even turned the other cheek. But when you persisted, I changed courses. If you f*ck with the bull, you will get the horn. That is one of Saulbadguys favorite phrases. Heh

Whatever, old boy. Do your worst. I'll sit back and enjoy watching you act like a keyboard tough guy, thinking you are so kicking my ass.

Skip Towne
09-28-2005, 12:10 AM
No, I didn't. You did.

Come to think of it, you f#ck with them all the time, but when someone decides to have a little fun at your expense you go off the wall and start declaring war over imagined insults. Very telling.

Whatever, old boy. Do your worst. I'll sit back and enjoy watching you act like a keyboard tough guy, thinking you are so kicking my ass.
You have an identity problem. You have started and contined this whole thing. You are a rather stupid little **** that I would rather not respond to. Yes, I f*ck with n00bs. I should have been on your case as well. I have quite a bit of ammunition left that I haven't used yet on your stupid ass. If you would care to continue this in the morning, I would be glad to oblige. You are a very easy target. You produce nearly nothing while running your big mouth. See you in the AM, "little dipshit".

JazzzLovr
09-28-2005, 12:16 AM
Sometimes you have to be an asshole to get things done.

Luckily for us, we have Phil.

:D

|Zach|
09-28-2005, 12:17 AM
There was only a war because you insisted on it.
Do you really think like this?

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-28-2005, 12:18 AM
Just checking in to see if anyone wants some pie?

go bowe
09-28-2005, 12:24 AM
yes, i'd like some pie please...

go bowe
09-28-2005, 12:27 AM
No, I didn't. You did.

Whatever, old boy. Do your worst. I'll sit back and enjoy watching you act like a keyboard tough guy, thinking you are so kicking my ass.watch yourself skip...

this kid may be skinny, but he's tough...

and smart...

and good looking...

(btw, rh, do i get paid now or later? :shrug: )

go bowe
09-28-2005, 12:38 AM
Luckily for us, we have Phil.

:Dyou're right...

we are lucky...

we really are... :) :) :) :) :)

(and no, to whatever you're thinking, just no...)

Ultra Peanut
09-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Holy Shit!!!I concur!

go bowe
09-28-2005, 12:40 AM
say, jazzy lady, what's up?

don't see you very much these days...

i thought getting a life was prohibited once you signed up for chiefs planet...

congratulations, nevertheless... :toast: :toast: :toast:

chief52
09-28-2005, 12:42 AM

Yes please. Preferably something that goes well with my glass of red wine.

JazzzLovr
09-28-2005, 12:47 AM
say, jazzy lady, what's up?

don't see you very much these days...

i thought getting a life was prohibited once you signed up for chiefs planet...

congratulations, nevertheless... :toast: :toast: :toast:

My work schedule just changed back to an evening shift again (after a couple of years), so, during the week, I'm back as a part of whatever's left of the Chiefs Planet night crew. :)

I still check in fairly regularly, I just don't seem to find a whole lot that interests me enough to post like I used to.

But picking on Phil is certainly one exception. ;)

Raiderhader
09-28-2005, 01:07 AM
You have an identity problem. You have started and contined this whole thing. You are a rather stupid little **** that I would rather not respond to. Yes, I f*ck with n00bs. I should have been on your case as well. I have quite a bit of ammunition left that I haven't used yet on your stupid ass. If you would care to continue this in the morning, I would be glad to oblige. You are a very easy target. You produce nearly nothing while running your big mouth. See you in the AM, "little dipshit".

ROFL Please do continue, this is providing me with plenty of laughs.

Identity problem, HA!

Raiderhader
09-28-2005, 01:09 AM
watch yourself skip...

this kid may be skinny, but he's tough...

and smart...

and good looking...

(btw, rh, do i get paid now or later? :shrug: )

I'm not sure, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what you were inferring when you said I was good looking......

keg in kc
09-28-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm not sure, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what you were inferring when you said I was good looking......And he's offering payment?

Another love connection, looks like. Wonder if he shops at best buy?

BigRedChief
09-28-2005, 09:04 AM

Yes, Myself and Gumby love good pie.

PastorMikH
09-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Say Skippy and Jamie, thanks for getting my thread moved to the romper room.

Raiderhader
09-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Say Skippy and Jamie, thanks for getting my thread moved to the romper room.

What? We've almost got this thread to 200 posts. That would be a REAL feather in your cap. ;)

go bowe
09-28-2005, 01:23 PM
200 0r bUst!!!!1!

go bowe
09-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Say Skippy and Jamie, thanks for getting my thread moved to the romper room.yeah, how did that happen anyway?

skip hadn't started his war yet, had he?

Biohazard
09-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Did someone say PIE? ummmmm

Raiderhader
09-28-2005, 04:06 PM
yeah, how did that happen anyway?

skip hadn't started his war yet, had he?

I hope not. After the way he built up the ass whuppin' he was gonna hand me, this would be a major disappointment.

PastorMikH
09-28-2005, 05:02 PM
What? We've almost got this thread to 200 posts. That would be a REAL feather in your cap. ;)

FWIW, Skip only has one thread over 100 in the Romper Room. Mine's got more posts.

BTW, I remember around midnight last night Skip turned in and said he be back to whip you this morning. Did he forget?

Bowser
09-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Romper Room?

If only we had a Pastor that wasn't a street thug.....

:shake:

go bowe
09-28-2005, 10:09 PM
200 0r BuST!!!!!1!

PastorMikH
09-28-2005, 10:32 PM
Romper Room?

If only we had a Pastor that wasn't a street thug.....

:shake:

Its not my fault they hijacked the thread and started fighting. Personally, I think Jamie ought to be chastised. Instead of helping the old fart across the road, it looks like he pushed the old guy in front of a bus.

PastorMikH
09-28-2005, 10:33 PM
200 0r BuST!!!!!1!

O'-TAY SPANKY!!!

chiefs4me
09-28-2005, 11:12 PM

sure, make that apple....:p

Raiderhader
09-29-2005, 08:27 PM
FWIW, Skip only has one thread over 100 in the Romper Room. Mine's got more posts.

BTW, I remember around midnight last night Skip turned in and said he be back to whip you this morning. Did he forget?

You know how memory goes with age.....

Raiderhader
09-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Its not my fault they hijacked the thread and started fighting. Personally, I think Jamie ought to be chastised. Instead of helping the old fart across the road, it looks like he pushed the old guy in front of a bus.

If anyone was in front of a bus, it was because they chose to step in front of it.

go bowe
09-30-2005, 12:38 PM
i'm still waiting for the war... ROFL ROFL ROFL

Raiderhader
09-30-2005, 06:00 PM
i'm still waiting for the war... ROFL ROFL ROFL

After all the talk, this war has been rather anti-climatic.