PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts of Samie Parker as a starter?

Rexx
09-26-2005, 09:44 PM
I normally don't post, but this guy is not even close to catching these balls. I'm not so sure he should be a starting receiver considering he drops more than he catches. Any else concerned about this? Pathetic game tonight, but his lack of hands really concerns me. And as usual, our poor pash rush.

HemiEd
09-26-2005, 09:46 PM
I normally don't post, but this guy is not even close to catching these balls. I'm not so sure he should be a starting receiver considering he drops more than he catches. Any else concerned about this? Pathetic game tonight, but his lack of hands really concerns me. And as usual, our poor pash rush.

agreed, he is having a horrible game.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2005, 09:49 PM
yes very concerned......and very disappointed in him. I expect to see alot more Dante Hall and Chris Horn in the 2nd half.....sigh...I cant believe in 5 years DV hasnt found a legit weapon at WR still...unbelievable.

Kennison is looking sharp tonight though. Props to him.

HolmeZz
09-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Very bad game so far. Not willing to give up on the kid yet.

KCChiefsFan88
09-26-2005, 09:54 PM
We could use Boerigter also, too bad he remains inactive

Simplex3
09-26-2005, 10:02 PM
This kid is one of the two reasons we're being blown out. He and AS's inability to figure out that Roaf isn't playing tonight so maybe running off-tackle to the left against their best d-lineman might be bad.

Detoxing
09-26-2005, 10:36 PM
That SOB, Parker. i needed 5 goddamn points to win my FF game from parker and tynes. 5 damn points! Gimme a damn break, you would think that between a kicker and a starting WR i could get 5 points. He has been extremely dissapointing. Maybe my expectations are to high. Its ok Parker, we can start with catching the football, then we will move on from there.

Dunit35
09-26-2005, 10:39 PM
hopefully Parker grows a pair and realizes he played like crap..

Frankie
09-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Hey, Parker is having a sh!tty game. But this is a team stink. Green plays with no confidence in the O-line.

MavKC
09-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Parker couldn't handle water boy duties the way he has been playing. You would have Gatorade everywhere but in a cup.

the Talking Can
09-26-2005, 10:51 PM
he's very good at getting open and very bad at catching the ball...

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Parker is the reason that the Chiefs want Freddie Mitchell when he's healthy. The offense would be completely different with Kennison, Fred Ex and Hall. Sad, but oh so true.

Frankie
09-26-2005, 10:58 PM
So Parker stinks. Tell me how's LJ doing? THIS IS A F***ING TEAM STINK!

Detoxing
09-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Holy $hit! Parker you crazy bastard, you can catch! You might have won my FF game.

Simplex3
09-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Be sure to celebrate that one catch and TD, Sammie. This game is on the team but you were one of the worst offenders.

dirk digler
09-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Samie sucks and I hope they bring back FredEx this week or during the bye week. Boe needs to be playing instead of Horn.

Mecca
09-26-2005, 11:19 PM
Sammie Parker is our very own Roberto Duran, the hands of stone.

buddha
09-26-2005, 11:20 PM
Yes, but he has a beautiful smile, doesn't he?

Terribilis
09-26-2005, 11:21 PM
I wish parker was could rush the passer...the we would have won!

Halfcan
09-26-2005, 11:23 PM
As long as crybaby Vermiel likes him-he ain't going anywhere. And who will take his place?? We have nothing.

Frankie
09-26-2005, 11:38 PM
Samie Parker is a work in progress. For the Nth time... THIS WAS A TEAM STINK!!

Rain Man
09-26-2005, 11:51 PM
Parker has played himself out of a job these last two weeks. Put in Boerigter as the starter, or Horn.

He's dropped four passes and lost a fumble these last two weeks, and seems to think it's funny. Get him off the field until he can do his job.

chiefsfaninNC
09-26-2005, 11:55 PM
Yes yes team stink. But that still doesn't fix the problem at WR. We need someone opposite Kennison. Cut Boerighter and bring back Freddie Mitchell. Bring in anyone who could compete for playing time.

Pants
09-27-2005, 12:22 AM
I still think Parker is going to be a very good receiver, you know he can catch the ball, seeing how he caught those hard passes before. The passes he dropped today were extremelly catchable by any receiver in the NFL, I think it's mental for him right now and it's something he can correct.

I also think he's smiling not to cry, kind of like Trent after an INT.

runnercyclist
09-27-2005, 12:38 AM
Samie will be fine. HE GETS OPEN!

Horn has sack.

We did not lose this game due to our WRs.

I think vermeil said it best. The coaches lost his game too.

We needed a perfect game with the players we had available.

Frankie
09-27-2005, 12:40 AM
I still think Parker is going to be a very good receiver, you know he can catch the ball, seeing how he caught those hard passes before. The passes he dropped today were extremelly catchable by any receiver in the NFL, I think it's mental for him right now and it's something he can correct.

I also think he's smiling not to cry, kind of like Trent after an INT.
Totally agree. Good post.

NJ Chief Fan
09-27-2005, 12:41 AM
this is only sammies 3rd start shit can only get better

Frankie
09-27-2005, 12:43 AM
this is only sammies 3rd start shit can only get better
Correct me if I'm wrong, older fans. But didn't even Rice have a disappointing first year or at least first several starts?
:hmmm:

Mecca
09-27-2005, 12:48 AM
I think we're reading a little to much into the smiling stuff. Hines Ward smiles when he screws up too, I think we'd all be happy to have him.

Barrymore50
09-27-2005, 01:50 AM
Don't throw it to Stonehands! Samie Parker has been horrible. The opening play of the Raiders game was a ball bouncing off of his hands as he stood there wide-open. For awhile in the Broncos game, it looked like the Chiefs receivers weren't going to catch anything, but luckily Kennison strted to come through. Samie may be fast, but he has hands of stone. I would replace him with Boerigter (WHY ISN'T HE PLAYING????) in a second.

philfree
09-27-2005, 01:56 AM
Parker has played himself out of a job these last two weeks. Put in Boerigter as the starter, or Horn.

He's dropped four passes and lost a fumble these last two weeks, and seems to think it's funny. Get him off the field until he can do his job.

I don't no where the funny thing comes from but Parker never quit and some of those drops weren't gimmies. IMO Bo needs to replace Hall as the #3 WR. Dante may be a threat to catch passes under the pass D and break it from there but Bo is a threat to beat the D deep and get behind the coverage. He can run after the catch too! I see more match up problems with Kennison, Parker and Bo then I do with Dante as the 3rd WR. If we can't block it ain't gonna matter though.

PhilFree:arrow:

Miles
09-27-2005, 01:58 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, older fans. But didn't even Rice have a disappointing first year or at least first several starts?

I thought rice started as a rookie though. Im really liking parkers potential but in not really sure he is reallly a starting WR right now.

Frankie
09-27-2005, 02:06 AM
I thought rice started as a rookie though. Im really liking parkers potential but in not really sure he is reallly a starting WR right now.
Parker is a rookie, for all intents and purposes.

jspchief
09-27-2005, 02:30 AM
Parker sucks. All the crap about him having good hands is based on nothing. I predicted we would miss Johnnie Morton, and right now I would trade parker for Morton in an instant.

Everyone that is briniging up Jerry Rice's name in comparison to Samie Parker should f*cking kill themselves for being so stupid.

Pants
09-27-2005, 02:32 AM
Parker sucks. All the crap about him having good hands is based on nothing. I predicted we would miss Johnnie Morton, and right now I would trade parker for Morton in an instant.

Everyone that is briniging up Jerry Rice's name in comparison to Samie Parker should f*cking kill themselves for being so stupid.

I think he will prove you wrong.

jspchief
09-27-2005, 02:38 AM
I think he will prove you wrong.I hope to god you are right, but honestly, I've seen nothing to think he will. He's drooped more passes in three games than Morton did in his worst year for us. Someone please tell me why I should have high hopes for him.

Count Alex's Losses
09-27-2005, 02:40 AM
I hope to god you are right, but honestly, I've seen nothing to think he will. He's drooped more passes in three games than Morton did in his worst year for us. Someone please tell me why I should have high hopes for him.

He's a young player. You don't give up on young players at the first sign of adversity.

Samie has been getting open the first three weeks of this season more than Morton ever managed to get open in three games as a Chief.

Pants
09-27-2005, 02:40 AM
I hope to god you are right, but honestly, I've seen nothing to think he will. He's drooped more passes in three games than Morton did in his worst year for us. Someone please tell me why I should have high hopes for him.

Because the catches he HAS made were amazing. That and he's really fast.

This brings me to a different issue: I think EK is now a pretty solid #1 WR. It took 5 guys (I counted) to bring him down after that catch, he catches the ball really well and is also very fast. (*knock knock knock*)

jspchief
09-27-2005, 02:45 AM
What amazing catch has he made? The blown coverage last year against Denver?

He hasn't done sh*t. We ran Morton out of town for being twice the receiver Parker is.

Count Alex's Losses
09-27-2005, 02:50 AM
What amazing catch has he made? The blown coverage last year against Denver?

He hasn't done sh*t. We ran Morton out of town for being twice the receiver Parker is.

Parker has 7 catches for 130 yards and a TD in three games.

Last year Morton had 12 for 161 and zero TDs in the first three games.

Once Parker starts hanging on to the ball you won't care about Morton. He's young. Tonight was his first game on national TV. I'm sure he was just nervous.

Simplex3
09-27-2005, 02:51 AM
Here's a question. Why didn't the Chiefs send Parker deep on the 3rd db the first play that Bailey was on the sidelines? Does anyone remember them trying to stretch the D even once? The only way to get 8 guys out of the box is to drop a couple over their heads, even if they're incomplete.

Pants
09-27-2005, 02:52 AM
Here's a question. Why didn't the Chiefs send Parker deep on the 3rd db the first play that Bailey was on the sidelines? Does anyone remember them trying to stretch the D even once? The only way to get 8 guys out of the box is to drop a couple over their heads, even if they're incomplete.

Because by the time Parker was on the 30 yd. line, Trent would have two broken ribs.

Count Alex's Losses
09-27-2005, 02:53 AM

They went deep once, twice if you count the incompetion to Gonzalez in the first drive.

It's pretty hard to throw one deep if your QB has no time to throw the ball.

Personally I wanted to see the Chiefs come out in 4 and 5-wide formations early in the game and throw alot of quick passes.

We seem to have a tendency to play with way too many tight formations, especially early on the road. We play timid.

I'm really ****ing tired of it.

Miles
09-27-2005, 02:54 AM
We should bring back Richard Smith, he can easily start and make us forget about Morton.

Sarcasm aside Parker has really done little to earn the starting job. Thus far I like his abilitly to get open but he hardy seems to be a playmaker much less replace Morton.

Simplex3
09-27-2005, 02:56 AM
We seem to have a tendency to play with way too many tight formations, especially early on the road. We play timid.

I'm really ****ing tired of it.
So you're in the "No AS as HC" camp too?

Count Alex's Losses
09-27-2005, 02:59 AM

Absolutely. I'd rather have ****ing Gunther.

KC plays on the road like they have no balls whatsoever. We did it last week, too, except the Raiders made a bunch of mistakes.

Fruit Ninja
09-27-2005, 04:27 AM
We should bring back Richard Smith, he can easily start and make us forget about Morton.

He has been signed by seattle to thier PS.

MeaTy The Pimp
09-27-2005, 05:57 AM
If we wanted someone to get paid to drop footballs, we could've kept Johnnie Morton...

TEX
09-27-2005, 06:39 AM
If we wanted someone to get paid to drop footballs, we could've kept Johnnie Morton...

True. And if that were the case, we should give Samie Parker a big raise. :shake:

OzArK KrAzO
09-27-2005, 06:47 AM
I really think green has no confidence in his two tackles. There will be brighter days. willy and welborn will the back and green will get to sit in the pocket as long as he likes.Without quality lineman no team can do well.Not sain they arent tring hard but the inexperience especially when play vetrans is glaring!

Otter
09-27-2005, 07:00 AM
First I think next time he drops a pass and comes up with that stupid smile on his face like he just did somthing good Gun needs to go out and slap it off him.

Second, he's not a rookie anymore and prolly shouldn't be making drops on such easy passes. He didn't look like a starter out there and if he's the 2nd best we have, bring on FredEx.

jspchief
09-27-2005, 07:08 AM
Samie Parker damn near handed the Raiders the game.

Samie Parker dropped a wide open pass on the crucial opening drive against Denver.

He isn't just a weak spot on the offense, he's a liability.

What exactly has he ever done to make anyone think he will be good? He's a 4th round pick playing like a practice squad guy.

buddha
09-27-2005, 07:27 AM
I'm reading a lot of comments on this site that basically go, "give Sammy a break, he just hasn't learned how to catch the ball...but he's really fast".

As I said in another thread, he is this generation's Anthony Hancock from all appearances so far. He *may* turn it around and start catching ball that high school kids could catch, but that's a big old slice of magical thinking at this point.

The knock on Parker coming out of Oregon was that he was inconsistent. He would drop easy passes...his mind would wonder at times...he wasn't mentally tough.

As I said, anything could happen, but Parker has dug himself a hole during the first few games this season and he will have to play VERY well to get himself out of it. I don't think he has the mental toughness to do it.

And no, I don't want Morton or FredEx. Is it too much to wish for somebody BETTER at WR? Even the f*ing Raders have better receivers than we do sitting on their bench.

patteeu
09-27-2005, 07:59 AM

I don't know about Rice, but Terrell Owens had a terrible first season or so. IIRC, he dropped a game deciding pass in the endzone in either a playoff game or a game that decided who was going to the playoffs one year.

jspchief
09-27-2005, 08:11 AM
I don't know about Rice, but Terrell Owens had a terrible first season or so. IIRC, he dropped a game deciding pass in the endzone in either a playoff game or a game that decided who was going to the playoffs one year.Yea. You know who else had a crappy first year? A bunch of sh*tty receivers that aren't in the league anymore.

Trying to make a connection between Sammie Parker and WRs like Rice and Owens is too stupid for words. I'm embarrassed to have that crap on this BB.

Rain Man
09-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Over the past two weeks, he's showed me that he's the Venus De Parker - no hands.

siberian khatru
09-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Yea. You know who else had a crappy first year? A bunch of sh*tty receivers that aren't in the league anymore.

ROFL

dtebbe
09-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Yea. You know who else had a crappy first year? A bunch of sh*tty receivers that aren't in the league anymore.

Trying to make a connection between Sammie Parker and WRs like Rice and Owens is too stupid for words. I'm embarrassed to have that crap on this BB.

You need to update your sig, Bigfoot caught a first down pass last night. It was nearly the offensive highlight of the evening.

DT

Rain Man
09-27-2005, 09:41 AM
You need to update your sig, Bigfoot caught a first down pass last night. It was nearly the offensive highlight of the evening.

DT

Interestingly, all of the film of that play was lost in a freak electrical storm.

RedThat
09-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Gimme Chris Horn. He may not have Parker's speed, but, at least he's got reliable hands. Everything thrown his way is practically going to be a completion.

patteeu
09-27-2005, 10:03 AM

Chill out Gertrude. I'm not making any comparison between Owens and Parker. I'm responding to a post about Jerry Rice. I was one of the few who beat the drum most of last offseason for the Chiefs to look for a true playmaking WR to go with Kennison despite the crys from nearly everyone that we needed defense, defense, and more defense. I was also a Freddie Mitchell backer because I'm not sold on Parker and I'm definitely not sold on Boerigter or any of the other scrubs who were in training camp. But for now (and until Mitchell resigned), Parker is the best #2 we've got, Boerigter not withstanding.

Frankie
09-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Samie Parker damn near handed the Randy Moss and the Raiders the game.

Samie Parker dropped a wide open pass on the crucial opening drive against Denver.

He isn't just a weak spot on the offense, he's a liability.

What exactly has he ever done to make anyone think he will be good? He's a 4th round pick playing like a practice squad guy.

Blah blah blah..... :rolleyes: Save your embarrassment for your own idiotic temper tantrums you try to pass as PC posts here. LJ, Kawika Mitchell, Sims, Tynes, etc., etc., etc., are always liabilities in you fickle-fan posts and the next day they are heroes. Bitchy shallow fans like you are the embarrassment here.

jspchief
09-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Blah blah blah..... :rolleyes: Save your embarrassment for your own idiotic temper tantrums you try to pass as PC posts here. LJ, Kawika Mitchell, Sims, Tynes, etc., etc., etc., are always liabilities in you fickle-fan posts and the next day they are heroes. Bitchy shallow fans like you are the embarrassment here.F*ck off dickhead. This is how I vent my frustration. If you don't like it, put me on ignore.

Why don't you make another idiotic post about trading Jerome Woods. Maybe we can throw in Samie Parker and get McNabb and Owens.

Frankie
09-27-2005, 12:01 PM
F*ck off dickhead. This is how I vent my frustration. If you don't like it, put me on ignore.

Why don't you make another idiotic post about trading Jerome Woods. Maybe we can throw in Samie Parker and get McNabb and Owens.
Someone fetch my boots. I'm gonna go shake in them!
:rolleyes:

ct
09-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Sammi's got some potential, and he needs to learn. These games are gonna happen as he matures. I'm willing to live with this on occasion for now, but not for long.

Shag
09-27-2005, 12:15 PM
I'm not willing to give up on Sammie yet, but he needs to be demoted until he can prove he'll consistently catch the ball. Both Boe and Horn have proven to have good hands, and I'd rather see either of them at #2 right now. Put Sammy in at #3/slot, and push Dante down the charts.

I've got to think that we'll see FredEx back in Red and Gold here shortly. I don't see how DV can't bring him back - our WRs are a liability right now. Until we get our passing game figured out, we're going to see a lot of what we saw last night - stack against the run, double Gonzo, and blitz. Green hasn't been making great adjustment's at the line, and outside of EK, our WRs have been poor...

Cochise
09-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Samie is not and will never be a #2 in this league.

Maybe I should go dig up some of those offseason threads where so many called me stupid because Samie Parker was a hall of famer that Vermeil was just holding back, and if not for his lack of playing time he was going to turn into Torry Holt... :hmmm:

Wile_E_Coyote
09-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Parker smiling the first time he dropped the pass, I figure he told the defender...you got lucky this time mofo

Mecca
09-27-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm reading a lot of comments on this site that basically go, "give Sammy a break, he just hasn't learned how to catch the ball...but he's really fast".

As I said in another thread, he is this generation's Anthony Hancock from all appearances so far. He *may* turn it around and start catching ball that high school kids could catch, but that's a big old slice of magical thinking at this point.

The knock on Parker coming out of Oregon was that he was inconsistent. He would drop easy passes...his mind would wonder at times...he wasn't mentally tough.

As I said, anything could happen, but Parker has dug himself a hole during the first few games this season and he will have to play VERY well to get himself out of it. I don't think he has the mental toughness to do it.

And no, I don't want Morton or FredEx. Is it too much to wish for somebody BETTER at WR? Even the f*ing Raders have better receivers than we do sitting on their bench.

At this point in the season, yea it's to much to wish for. We have to make due now because we are 5 years with Vermiel and still don't have any recievers. In the offseason we need to suck it up and either sign or highly draft a WR.

It's also funny to me how everyone wants Marc Boerigter out there. 2 years ago when he was playing he was dropping balls too...... Boerigter had his rookie year where he caught 17 balls and had 9 touchdowns. Since then he's also done nothing other than be invisible the next year then follow it up by blowing out a knee.

Johnson&Johnson
09-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Samie Parker is better than all the WR that has suited up as a Chief in my recent memory (rookie or 2nd year players). Stop blaming the WR. it's hard to catch the ball when your QB is throwing short or behind a WR 9 out of 10 times. Freaking Al stop calling the hitch rout when you got a guy with some blazing speed like Parker. How abotu some crossing patterns, slants, and just flat out run a seam. But maybe Al knows Green does not have the gun or touch in making those throws. Again, everyone start looking at Trent's throw carefully. It's not the WR, its Green. 3 games now and hello have we heard any hoopla about the BEST Tight End in the game lately???? How can the Best TE not be a factor in 3 games????? My hunch is Trent is not 100% heatlhy. His throws are all short and late. Argggghhhhhh!!!!

Wile_E_Coyote
09-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Samie Parker is better than all the WR that has suited up as a Chief in my recent memory (rookie or 2nd year players). Stop blaming the WR. it's hard to catch the ball when your QB is throwing short or behind a WR 9 out of 10 times. Freaking Al stop calling the hitch rout when you got a guy with some blazing speed like Parker. How abotu some crossing patterns, slants, and just flat out run a seam. But maybe Al knows Green does not have the gun or touch in making those throws. Again, everyone start looking at Trent's throw carefully. It's not the WR, its Green. 3 games now and hello have we heard any hoopla about the BEST Tight End in the game lately???? How can the Best TE not be a factor in 3 games????? My hunch is Trent is not 100% heatlhy. His throws are all short and late. Argggghhhhhh!!!!

what up with Eddie

Pants
09-27-2005, 01:27 PM

That's just plain wrong. Parker dropped some really easy catches. One was right between the numbers, the others right to his hands...

RedThat
09-27-2005, 01:29 PM

While I do agree, Trent has made some under and over throws, part of that has to do with pressure from the defenses. Not having Willie Roaf makes a difference. I have to say though, Parker has had some really catchable balls. He's dropped 6, 7 easily catchable balls the last 3 games, and thats inexcusable. You want to be a #2 WR in this league, you have to catch the easy passes bottomline.

Pants
09-27-2005, 01:32 PM
I was in disbelief when he dropped his first pass, it was the easiest pass you can ever hope for... I mean anybody on this board could have caught it (yeah it was a bullet, but it was right in his chest).

RedThat
09-27-2005, 01:33 PM
I was in disbelief when he dropped his first pass, it was the easiest pass you can ever hope for... I mean anybody on this board could have caught it (yeah it was a bullet, but it was right in his chest).

agreed. That flat out sucked.

C-Mac
09-27-2005, 01:45 PM
If the same balls were thrown to FredEx, I really think he would have caught them.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-27-2005, 01:47 PM
If the same balls were thrown to FredEx, I really think he would have caught them.

this would be the week to bring him back, though limited play

Frankie
09-27-2005, 03:31 PM
agreed. That flat out sucked.
But then again, we've seen the great ones do it too.

PastorMikH
09-27-2005, 03:36 PM
I think Sammie needs to see some bench time until he learns that this isn't a game and he isn't out there to have fun. It's war and he's being paid big $ to PRODUCE. A dropped pass or worse yet a fumble ISN'T a laughing matter. Time to sit on the bench until he's ready to take things a bit more serious.

I'd be for bringing in Fred-Ex if we will do it as a 6th WR instead of cutting Boe (I figure he'll be the one cut since he's the one that has been inactive every game so far).

ptlyon
09-27-2005, 03:37 PM
YEAH! Take the diapers off Sammie!

Pants
09-27-2005, 03:48 PM
YEAH! Take the diapers off Sammie!

We don't have TO starting over him.

Johnson&Johnson
09-27-2005, 04:57 PM

Yes. At least not for our team. If you disagree, please see "ST. Louis Rams" ie. Mike Martz who made DV looked like an offensive genius. Offensive coordinators are a mad scientist like Martz or AS, are exactly what their titles should be PERIOD. Not every freaking coordinator can and have the ability to motivate and make game changing decision calls during a game when the shit is flying off the walls.

From the time when KC had its best team in 1990 when we lost to Miami in the playoff with Deberg & Okoye and our best Defense ever, I always thought our defense went downhill slowly year after year because we lost the great coach & motivator in Bill Cowher. God damn Steelers, until today I can't forgive them for stealing Cowher away from us.