PDA

View Full Version : How can you tell if our defense has improved?

Raiderhader
09-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Have they figured out that Denver is going to run the misdirection and bootleg plays. Three years, goddamned f#cking years, and we still get caught off guard on those plays almost every f#cking time. I am beyond pissed off right now.

Other random thoughts from tonight's slaughter -

If I read one person calling for LJ to start over Priest, I am going on a shooting spree.

I think the donks were a little pissed about the walloping we gave them at Arrowhead last year.

With the excpetion of the TD catch, Parker not only failed to impress, he went down in my books. He did not play well at all tonight.

In contrast, Kennison seems to be picking up where he left off last year. He has become a much more reliable receiver for us over the past year.

The bootlegs and misdirections continue to kill us after three f#cking years.

LMAO at the story Madden told about Strahm bugging the office. ROFL

Allen is improving in run D. He still needs some more work, but he is certainly getting better.

WTF were the blitzes?

Trever Pryce was an animal tonight. I have to question how much help Roaf would have even been in this regard.

I hate watching games with my mom, really cramps my style. That entire debacle, and I couldn't let loose the string of obscenities that were raging through my mind.

We still haven't figured out how to stop the misdirections and bootlegs. :cuss:

siberian khatru
09-26-2005, 10:28 PM
I read the thread title and thought there was a punchline to follow.

Then I remembered: Our D IS the joke.

Raiderhader
09-26-2005, 10:52 PM
I read the thread title and thought there was a punchline to follow.

Then I remembered: Our D IS the joke.

It is still too early in the season to give up on the D, a few more games and they might start to gel.

But yeah, tonight they were the joke. THREE F#CKING YEARS! You know what the f#ck they are going to do, and still, you bite on it every goddamned time! That is beyond being redamndiculous, that is unf#ckingacceptable. To quote Top Gun, "I WANT SOME BUTTS!"

shaneo69
09-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Allen is improving in run D. He still needs some more work, but he is certainly getting better.

You've gotta be kidding. He's probably the stupidest player I've ever seen play the game of football. Even after running about 14 bootlegs to his side, Allen was still playing the run up the gut every time, not even hesitating to see if the QB still had the ball. Madden mentioned that he learned how to slide inside when he was in pre-school. Well apparently that's when he dropped out because he never learned anything else about playing the run.

Raiderhader
09-26-2005, 10:57 PM
You've gotta be kidding. He's probably the stupidest player I've ever seen play the game of football. Even after running about 14 bootlegs to his side, Allen was still playing the run up the gut every time, not even hesitating to see if the QB still had the ball. Madden mentioned that he learned how to slide inside when he was in pre-school. Well apparently that's when he dropped out because he never learned anything else about playing the run.

I think I already covered that, more than once. EVERYONE was biting those damn plays. But on non-bootleg/misdirection running plays, Allen looked some what improved. Hell, he did more in the running game tonight than the passing game.