PDA

View Full Version : I know I don't Count, but...

KCJohnny
09-27-2005, 08:57 PM
OK, Here's KCJ's take:

* Throw tomatoes/patatoes, but I was right in 2001 that Dick Vermiel was not the magic bullet for this franchise. Four seasons, one playoff appearance, first round out (I was in Iraq for those of you who say "where was KCJ when we were 13-3?")

* After 3 games, our pass attack is sick. Not healthy. 1 TD pass in 12 quarters. Yucky QB rating. 3 games is a trend. A bad one.

* Priest is done. The LJ era is here, albeit by RBbC (gasp!).

* The D is better, but only because where can you go but up from #32? This secondary looks like a highschool secondary compared to the '99 Chiefs that scored 9 defensive TDs and came in 2nd in the NFL in takeaways, and finished 18th overall in totall defense. DREAM ABOUT THAT, Dick.

* Gunther is still light years ahead of DV in accomplishment, vision, personnel, and common sense. Earth to DV: USE a FB and Run over tackle.

* Trent Green is still a top tier QB but (Marty was right) the OL is what determines the effectiveness of the KC Chiefs offense. Black = horrible; Roaf = excellent. Without Willie, Trent Green might as well be Trent Dilfer.

All that said, if the Chiefs don't have to face Denver on the road, they can win the AFCW. Which I predict they will do, provided that (a) Derrick Johnson plays every snap; and (b) Larry Johnson becomes the main TB.

BTW, Gunther Cunningham was a perfect 4-0 against the Chiefs' top challenger in the AFCW, Denver. DV has dropped every road game in Denver.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Oh! That you would have listened to me 5 years ago!!!!

KCJohnny
(making a rare guest appearance)

|Zach|
09-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Oh wow, Priest is done.

tk13
09-27-2005, 09:00 PM
As if the complaining and general frustration of the board couldn't get any worse....

I'm about on my last straw with this place, methinks.

siberian khatru
09-27-2005, 09:03 PM
:rolleyes: :spock:

DaKCMan AP
Don't wear out your arm patting yourself on the back.

Sad that some people can't move on, even after 5 years.

nychief
Was that Bronze Star for not knowing much about running backs?

Bowser
Well, well, well......

jspchief
Shouldn't that post have come with a "I have a medal" qualifier?

FloridaChief
09-27-2005, 09:04 PM
Great. Hey thanks, Mr Religion--timely appearance to pick the bones after what was for many an emotional Chiefs' loss. Your compassion can be measured in micrograms.

Obviously, for you, this was a prime-time opportunity to gloat and relive the fantasy of a Gunther Cunningham-head coached KC...

Enjoy your moment in the sun, psycho...

old_geezer
I know I don't Count

You could have stopped right there.

siberian khatru
http://www.paulnoll.com/Oregon/Canning/pie-peach-pic.jpg

FloridaChief
09-27-2005, 09:05 PM

I'll second that...

KCJohnny
09-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Frustration or not, I was right 5 years ago. No titles, 1 playoff appearance, no improvement from the Cunningham era, and now more mediocrity. Still, I love the Chiefs, I scream at the refs throwing questionable flags, I hate the donx, I want the earth to open up and swallow the raiders, but Monday night was as digusting a loss as anything any KC Chiefs coach has put on the field.

Bowser
09-27-2005, 09:06 PM
I'll second that...

Saul got ahold of your rep, I see.......

siberian khatru
Right now I'm missing that PhObia/kcwolfrnan dude from last night.

KCJohnny
LOL, you guys make it too easy!

|Zach|
09-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Great. Hey thanks, Mr Religion--timely appearance to pick the bones after what was for many an emotional Chiefs' loss. Your compassion can be measured in micrograms.

Obviously, for you, this was a prime-time opportunity to gloat and relive the fantasy of a Gunther Cunningham-head coached KC...

Enjoy your moment in the sun, psycho...
Whoa whoa...FC.

He isn't worth...

Yes, I know you could take him...

Just....simmer down.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/gutterflower43/10-05-04-38.jpg

heh

Bowser
Frustration or not, I was right 5 years ago. No titles, 1 playoff appearance, no improvement from the Cunningham era, and now more mediocrity. Still, I love the Chiefs, I scream at the refs throwing questionable flags, I hate the donx, I want the earth to open up and swallow the raiders, but Monday night was as digusting a loss as anything any KC Chiefs coach has put on the field.

I call BS. You're still just steamed over the sloppy play. Worst loss ever? No. Not close.

FloridaChief
Saul got ahold of your rep, I see.......

...combover....

Bowser
09-27-2005, 09:09 PM
...combover....

The joke

Me

:shrug:

|Zach|
09-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Bowser...did you post really need the "joke" qualifier?

Now really bud.

stevieray
09-27-2005, 09:11 PM
"kickem while they're down"

KCJohnny
09-27-2005, 09:11 PM
I call BS. You're still just steamed over the sloppy play. Worst loss ever? No. Not close.

Wake up, pal. I didn't say worse loss ever. Read it again. And yes, I am disappointed over a shellacking in Mile High land that was not necessary.

BOOTLEG LEFT. LEAVE A DE/OLB FOR CONTAINMENT. HELLO? This is pee wee football basics.

Bowser
09-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Bowser...did you post really need the "joke" qualifier?

Now really bud.

I don't get it.

:D

jspchief
09-27-2005, 09:12 PM
I'd like to remind anyone that thinks Priest is done that LJ has rushed for an amazing 18 yards in the last 6 qtrs of football. That's 1.5 yards per carry, and one fumble that cost us 7 points, for those keeping track.

|Zach|
09-27-2005, 09:13 PM
I still think the wrost loss was the last game (I believe) we lost to the Raiders.

The game in Oakland in the rain?

Awful.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2005, 09:13 PM
If anyone counts, it's you.

You're a combat veteran.

I bow to thee and kiss thy ass.

tk13
09-27-2005, 09:15 PM
I still think the wrost loss was the last game (I believe) we lost to the Raiders.

Awful.
Thinking back last night, that was the only game that immediately came to mind in recent memory that could rival this one. We got dominated in that game. Of course we had Mike Cloud at RB for that one too.

Bowser
09-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Wake up, pal. I didn't say worse loss ever. Read it again.

....but Monday night was as disgusting a loss as anything any KC Chiefs coach has put on the field

Sounds to me like you're saying worst loss ever. What exactly did you mean?

KCJohnny
09-27-2005, 09:18 PM
I'd like to remind anyone that thinks Priest is done that LJ has rushed for an amazing 18 yards in the last 6 qtrs of football. That's 1.5 yards per carry, and one fumble that cost us 7 points, for those keeping track.

LJ's 2003 stats:
26 totes, 164 yards, 6.3 YPC 35 yds long, 3 TDs.

Holmes 4 ypc, 2 TD (one set up by Johnson).

KCJohnny
09-27-2005, 09:19 PM
If anyone counts, it's you.

You're a combat veteran.

I bow to thee and kiss thy ass.
Get to the back of the line, heathen!

|Zach|
Thinking back last night, that was the only game that immediately came to mind in recent memory that could rival this one. We got dominated in that game. Of course we had Mike Cloud at RB for that one too.
Ya, it wasn't even a score thing. We have had a few bad schlackings...the one in Minn. sucked but that game in Denver is the only time I have been embaressed by the Chiefs. They have lost some rough games over the years and not done too well but I have never seen a team look so hapless and lack as much heart as that team did that day.

Even though they got thier asses kicked up and down the field last night I didn't feel that way about them.

Mecca
Of course if Gunther Cunningham had been our head coach this whole time we'd be talking about our great RB Frank Moreau.....

siberian khatru
I still think the wrost loss was the last game (I believe) we lost to the Randy Moss and the Raiders.

Awful.

That's the first one that came to mind.

I'm also still ashamed of Gun's last game, @ Atlanta. Team quit. And the season-ender in Buffalo in 96, when we had a shot at the playoffs and came out in the most godawful, play-not-to-lose offensive gameplan I've ever seen.

The shutout AT HOME to the Rams in 94 stunk, too, although that was mostly the offense's fault.

jspchief
09-27-2005, 09:20 PM
LJ's 2003 stats:
26 totes, 164 yards, 6.3 YPC 35 yds long, 3 TDs.

Holmes 4 ypc, 2 TD (one set up by Johnson).Holmes is the guy that has been producing when we need it. And he doesn't fumble the ball on the Chiefs' ten yard line.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Get to the back of the line, heathen!

ROFL

10-4, ASSHOLE!!!

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2005, 09:22 PM
You know what the current problem is....???

No one on the fuggin' roster is a combat veteran. :cuss:

Now, Mike Anderson....he's close; that's WHY the Broncos kicked our ass.

Anderson is damn near a combat veteran. And I'll bet he got his fuggin' PIE when he got home last night. Know what I mean? :mad:

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 09:24 PM
As if the complaining and general frustration of the board couldn't get any worse....

Where are you going? (I'm following you around)

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2005, 09:25 PM
COMBATZ VETEREERENSSZZ!!!111 rULEZS!!!!!!1111ONE1!!! - TORRENT

KCJohnny
09-27-2005, 09:27 PM
This is DV's 2nd chance in FIVE YEARS to finish above .500. And you people were criticizing ME about so-called "mediocrity" in 2000 when KC had the 8th best offense and 18th best defense in the NFL. How is the best O and the worst D (7-9) any better? Gunther Cunningham, had he been allowed to continue would not have done worse than DV in KC. And Marty was obviously better, even if not as much fun to watch (sheer # of post season appearances).

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 09:27 PM
I'll second that...
Promises, promises................

keg in kc
09-27-2005, 09:28 PM
Quick, somebody grab a plunger. The toilet is running over.

Mecca
09-27-2005, 09:29 PM
This is DV's 2nd chance in FIVE YEARS to finish above .500. And you people were criticizing ME about so-called "mediocrity" in 2000 when KC had the 8th best offense and 18th best defense in the NFL. How is the best O and the worst D (7-9) any better? Gunther Cunningham, had he been allowed to continue would not have done worse than DV in KC. And Marty was obviously better, even if not as much fun to watch (sheer # of post season appearances).

I don't believe that because Gunther Cunninghams ability to evaluate players was the worst ever. Carl gives the coaches some say in drafting, Sylvester Morris and William Bartee were our first 2 picks in a Gunther draft........ need I say more.

stevieray
09-27-2005, 09:29 PM

pure speculation..different time, different teams.

keg in kc
09-27-2005, 09:30 PM
pure speculation..different time, different teams.Same clueless idiot.

jAZ
09-27-2005, 09:30 PM
I think this thread pretty much secures your spot on the "not a real fan" bench. I don't know that I've ever felt that way about someone until this thread. Usually that kind of talk is petty BS. But in your case, you show up only when you can (try and fail) to say "I told you so". It's your version of gloating.

You are more interested in talking about yourself than this team. You are a sad, petty, shallow, hallow human being.

Thanks for serving our country, but get the hell away from our football team. Find someone else to "root" for.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2005, 09:31 PM
This loss should unite us all.

Cats and mice.

Dogs and Cats.

Oil and water.

Tigers and deer.

Combat veterans and worthless civilian human beings.

Together we can all beat the remaining teams on our schedule and cruise to the playoffs and the Super Bowl...and win it. Together, we can. Together...we will.

But not without Combat veterans.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Would ya'all like a cup?

KCJohnny
09-27-2005, 09:32 PM
The W-L record doesn't lie.

Gun = .500 after 2 seasons
after DV = .500 after 4

Yawn... where's the big improvement?

keg in kc
09-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Would ya'all like a cup?I was thinking more along the lines of...

stevieray
09-27-2005, 09:35 PM

after DV = .500 after 4

irrelevant..both coaches didn't coach the same roster.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2005, 09:36 PM

after DV = .500 after 4

Say what you will about win-loss.....Martyball and Gunthers years were BORING, BORING, BORING.

Yeah, I hate that our D has sucked; but damn, our offense has been fun to watch.

It's like basketball.....the Pistons and Heat may win, but I'd rather watch the Mavericks and Suns anyday.

KCJohnny
09-27-2005, 09:38 PM
I think this thread pretty much secures your spot on the "not a real fan" bench. I don't know that I've ever felt that way about someone until this thread. Usually that kind of talk is petty BS. But in your case, you show up only when you can (try and fail) to say "I told you so". It's your version of gloating.

You are more interested in talking about yourself than this team. You are a sad, petty, shallow, hallow human being.

Thanks for serving our country, but get the hell away from our football team. Find someone else to "root" for.

Nice try, bonehead, but the flack I take on Monday mornings as a loyal Chiefs supporter renders you irrelevant. I also have an authentic Chiefs helmet autographed by DICK VERMIEL that my mom got me in an auction to help a child who needed an operation posted in my office.

I don't need any of you to validate my Chiefs fan credentials.

|Zach|
09-27-2005, 09:41 PM
I don't believe that for a second.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2005, 09:41 PM
.... I also have an authentic Chiefs helmet autographed by DICK VERMIEL ....

Holy crap. That settles it then.

We are not worthy. :grovel:

KCJohnny
09-27-2005, 09:42 PM
I don't believe that for a second.

Yawn...

keg in kc
09-27-2005, 09:42 PM
I don't need any of you to validate my Chiefs fan credentials.Sure you do. That's the whole reason you're here. You want to prove you're "right", that you're smart, that you're somehow better than everyone else. All you want is validation. Attention.

And then you'll wake up tomorrow for the millionth time in a row and realize that it doesn't mean squat, and you're still a pathetic, unhappy, bitter waste of human flesh, sad, lonely and wasting away a meaningless life. Then you'll be gone, and nobody will even notice.

Have a nice day!

siberian khatru
09-27-2005, 09:43 PM

http://www.cnn.com/FOOD/news/9907/01/american.fare.foods/saveur.cooks.recipes/recipe.apple.pie.jpg

Phobia
09-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Welcome back, KCJ. I hope everything is going well for you.

keg in kc
Damn, just my luck that the flea shows up on a worknight.

Sigh. It could've been fun.

KCJohnny
Sure you do. That's the whole reason you're here. You want to prove you're "right", that you're smart, that you're somehow better than everyone else. All you want is validation. Attention.

And then you'll wake up tomorrow for the millionth time in a row and realize that it doesn't mean squat, and you're still a pathetic, unhappy, bitter waste of human flesh, sad, lonely and wasting away a meaningless life. Then you'll be gone, and nobody will even notice.

Have a nice day!

You're funny!
You live on Chiefs Planet!
LOL!

FloridaChief
09-27-2005, 09:46 PM
You're funny!

So sez the pathetic piece of sewer-waste who wishes he could do so....

Dartgod
09-27-2005, 09:47 PM
http://www.strangepersons.com/images/content/8531.jpg

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Hey, John....while you were gone:

Kevin, eating undeserved pie.... :shake:

KCJohnny
09-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Good night, ladies, been nice chatting with you again!
:)
Go Chiefs!
KCJ

Iowanian
09-27-2005, 09:54 PM
I had hoped you'd come back someday...I just thought you'd have your cuffs tight and buttons a little more polished.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2005, 09:59 PM
OK, Here's KCJ's take:

* Throw tomatoes/patatoes, but I was right in 2001 that Dick Vermiel was not the magic bullet for this franchise. Four seasons, one playoff appearance, first round out (I was in Iraq for those of you who say "where was KCJ when we were 13-3?")

* After 3 games, our pass attack is sick. Not healthy. 1 TD pass in 12 quarters. Yucky QB rating. 3 games is a trend. A bad one.

* The D is better, but only because where can you go but up from #32? This secondary looks like a highschool secondary compared to the '99 Chiefs that scored 9 defensive TDs and came in 2nd in the NFL in takeaways, and finished 18th overall in totall defense. DREAM ABOUT THAT, Dick.

* Gunther is still light years ahead of DV in accomplishment, vision, personnel, and common sense. Earth to DV: USE a FB and Run over tackle.

* Trent Green is still a top tier QB but (Marty was right) the OL is what determines the effectiveness of the KC Chiefs offense. Black = horrible; Roaf = excellent. Without Willie, Trent Green might as well be Trent Dilfer.

All that said, if the Chiefs don't have to face Denver on the road, they can win the AFCW. Which I predict they will do, provided that (a) Derrick Johnson plays every snap; and (b) Larry Johnson becomes the main TB.

BTW, Gunther Cunningham was a perfect 4-0 against the Chiefs' top challenger in the AFCW, Denver. DV has dropped every road game in Denver.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

KCJohnny

I really, really hope you never ever come back to this place. It's a better place without you.

BTW, you're a dick. But you knew that already.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2005, 10:00 PM
You're funny!
LOL!

You're a jerkoff!
You live with a beached whale.
LOL!

FloridaChief
09-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Before you leave...

Hate of the current Chiefs regime = not cool.

Wouldn't It Be Nice if you could realise this? But I guess you Just Weren't Made For These Times, huh?...

The Bad Guy
09-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Nice try, bonehead, but the flack I take on Monday mornings as a loyal Chiefs supporter renders you irrelevant. I also have an authentic Chiefs helmet autographed by DICK VERMIEL that my mom got me in an auction to help a child who needed an operation posted in my office.

If you don't need validation, then why are you here, jackass?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Oh no, a muslim!! Where's the combat veterans when you need em'??!?!

http://blogs.indiewire.com/eug/archives/images/team-america-20040719101833503-thumb.jpg

Mahamma dee ja dirka dirka!! Mahamma dee ja dirka dirka!!!

Raiderhater
09-27-2005, 10:17 PM
I see someone is still living in the past. :)

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 10:20 PM
John, John, John, when are you going to learn you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. You have some good points but your presentation is somewhat lacking. Some of these people don't like you because you are opinionated in a manner that contradicts the general feelings of the board..........................sometimes known as the PPL.. These people need to be manipulated as they are akin to a herd of sheep. Your "club over the head" Caveman approach only brings more resistance. You must win their hearts and minds, like I have, rather than try to beat them into submission. Your friend, Skip

wutamess
09-27-2005, 10:25 PM
Holmes is the guy that has been producing when we need it. And he doesn't fumble the ball on the Chiefs' ten yard line.

No he just fumbles (at the wrong time) like when we can't stop Indy from scoring in 1 D.V. playoff game. He also fumbles in other games and then he uses it to motivate himself like he did last year against N.E. (I think).

Just because I don't know the games he's fumbled in doesn't negate the fact. I remember being at a couple of games last year at Arrowhead when Holmes fumbled and then telling everyone around our section... "That's the best thing that could've happened tothe Chiefs at the moment. I told them that because Holmes usually would get motivated and run his ass off to try to make up for it. Fortunately I was right.

dirk digler
09-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Who is this KcJohnny and where did he crawl out of his rock from?

It is almost laughable to compare Gun to DV as head coaches.

DV has a SB ring where Gun has none.

Bowser
09-27-2005, 10:28 PM
What's this? KCJ didn't answer me?

Nooooooo!

wutamess
09-27-2005, 10:32 PM

You dumass...
What D.V. did for another team doesn't mean shit at the moment does it?

When it comes to the Chiefs Gun and Vermeil are equals.

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Oh my God! It's the return of a legend! I thought KCJ was gone forever!

Now I need to go get some pie...

Raiderhater
09-27-2005, 10:39 PM
You dumass...

If that is the game you wish to play, the fumbles Priest had last year don't mean shit this year.

When it comes to this year, Priest and LJ are equa... oh no, they aren't, are they? LJ has a drop, Priest has zero.

tk13
09-27-2005, 10:40 PM
You dumass...

So using that logic of what you've done for me lately, you're telling me that Bill Parcells and Gunther Cunningham are equal head coaches? No flipping way.

Ebolapox
09-27-2005, 10:55 PM
hall of classics, here this thread comes!!

-EB-

keg in kc
09-27-2005, 10:57 PM
You're funny!
You live on Chiefs Planet!Really? Wow. I didn't know that. I wonder if I can get some kind of rent voucher to recoup what I've been paying for my apartment. Phil?!

Remember, you're not defined by what you are, what you do or what uniform you wear, you're defined by how you behave and how you treat the people around you. You've earned your reputation here. It's well-deserved, and there's no conspiracy against you. There are very few victims in this online wonderland, and you're not one of them.

You're one of the few people in my life towards whom I've felt what I think was honest-to-goodness hatred. I don't now. I don't exactly pity you, either, but I think I understand why you say what you do and behave the way you do. I don't often give advice, but I will now, and that advice would be to find help in the real world, or else do what it takes to deal with your problems, whatever they are. Making yourself a target on the internet doesn't resolve anything.

And that's the last serious, good intentioned thing I will ever say to you. Listen, or not. Makes no difference to me.

the Talking Can
09-27-2005, 11:00 PM
johnny, johnny, johnny...how many Muslim boys raped your ass out there in the desert?

because you sure came back one sorry bitch.....

Redcoats58
09-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Like sand through the hour glass....

Raiderhater
09-27-2005, 11:02 PM
johnny, johnny, johnny...how many Muslim boys raped your ass out there in the desert?

because you sure came back one sorry bitch.....

OMG ROFL

Marty'sManWhore
09-27-2005, 11:04 PM
I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!

neener neener neener

JazzzLovr
09-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Sure you do. That's the whole reason you're here. You want to prove you're "right", that you're smart, that you're somehow better than everyone else. All you want is validation. Attention.

Have a nice day!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to keg in kc again.

:cuss:

;)

wutamess
09-27-2005, 11:13 PM
So using that logic of what you've done for me lately, you're telling me that Bill Parcells and Gunther Cunningham are equal head coaches? No flipping way.

Well how are they any different?
Parcells is a guy that took previous teams to the superbowl and so is Vermeil?

Gunther was given a short rope so who knows what he could've done.
Vermeil has been given every rope to hang himself and he has hang himself these past 4 years.

Sorry... I'm not buying into.. he did it with another team he can do it with this one too. Just because he did it with a previous team, all it brings is credibility.

Holmgren hasn't done shit.
Mariucci hasn't done shit.
Parcells hasn't done shit.
Vermeil hasn't done shit.

Get the point?

tk13
09-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Just because he did it with a previous team, all it brings is credibility.

Get the point?

Yes.

Marty'sManWhore
09-27-2005, 11:31 PM
wutamess gets it!

To the rest of you....nanny nanny boo boo.

I'm so smart!

Tribal Warfare
09-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Proctor shoudn't you be playing grab ass on the San Diego Charger BB, seriously man. I try to be flexible on everyones opinion , but the tirade that you avidly put on since the Vermeil era is ridiculous.

greg63
09-27-2005, 11:39 PM
John, John, John, when are you going to learn you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. You have some good points but your presentation is somewhat lacking. Some of these people don't like you because you are opinionated in a manner that contradicts the general feelings of the board..........................sometimes known as the PPL.. These people need to be manipulated as they are akin to a herd of sheep. Your "club over the head" Caveman approach only brings more resistance. You must win their hearts and minds, like I have, rather than try to beat them into submission. Your friend, Skip

So, that's why I like ya. I feel so manipulated! :D

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2005, 01:37 AM
I still think the wrost loss was the last game (I believe) we lost to the Randy Moss and the Raiders.

Awful.I'd have to go with the Monday night meltdown against Denver. DT and Simmons had a Personal foul fest...

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2005, 01:45 AM
This is DV's 2nd chance in FIVE YEARS to finish above .500. And you people were criticizing ME about so-called "mediocrity" in 2000 when KC had the 8th best offense and 18th best defense in the NFL. How is the best O and the worst D (7-9) any better? Gunther Cunningham, had he been allowed to continue would not have done worse than DV in KC. And Marty was obviously better, even if not as much fun to watch (sheer # of post season appearances).Having Marty, Gun, or DV as HC is like trying to decide which eye to poke out...

alanm
09-28-2005, 01:55 AM

John, I hate to ask you this but how does possessing a authentic helmet signed by Vermeil himself make you more of a fan than anyone here? :hmmm:

keg in kc
09-28-2005, 01:57 AM
John, I hate to ask you this but how does possessing a authentic helmet signed by Vermeil himself make you more of a fan than anyone here? I think the important part there is that his mommy bought it for him. Little Johnny wears it every day, even though the other kids on the short bus point and laugh at him. Poor wittle guy.

tk13
09-28-2005, 02:02 AM
John, I hate to ask you this but how does possessing a authentic helmet signed by Vermeil himself make you more of a fan than anyone here? :hmmm:
I don't know, but it's getting expensive to be a real fan on this board.

Season Tickets
Bronze Star
Dick Vermeil signed helmet
Pie

Hard to keep up.

alanm
09-28-2005, 02:06 AM
I don't know, but it's getting expensive to be a real fan on this board.

Season Tickets
Bronze Star
Dick Vermeil signed helmet
Pie

Hard to keep up.
Pie is still cheap. Ahhh shit. Now there's going to be a run on pie and the price will go up. :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:

tk13
09-28-2005, 02:19 AM
Pie is still cheap. Ahhh shit. Now there's going to be a run on pie and the price will go up. :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:
It's those damn hurricanes, taking out our pie factories and increasing our foreign dependence on pie. If Bush would actually spend money on finding alternative pie sources, we could bring prices down.

Mecca
09-28-2005, 03:31 AM

Well Gun has those really cool yellow glasses that almost competes.

Abba-Dabba
09-28-2005, 03:36 AM
You're a jerkoff!
You live with a beached whale.
LOL!

Moral to the story...

Rather live with a beached whale than be a beached whale.

Abba-Dabba
09-28-2005, 04:36 AM

now now now... Johnny does have point, albeit he doesn't exactly endear any hearts with his presentation of it, but he does have a point. I'll chalk up his attitude with being in the military which has a propensity to lead some to have a blunt, up front, in your face attittude towards those that disagree. I'm sure you ran across it while in the military. Heck, even you have it at times, stevie.

The point is that the Dick Vermeil era and the Gunther Cunningham era have produced some of the same results on the field. Sure, Johnny tries to stab others in the back with the "I told you so" game but facts, facts meaning results are the same as when Gunther was HC as they are now with Dick Vermeil as HC.

Now, when this year is all said and done, his point might be moot or it might have more weight to it. We'll just have to wait till January to find out the outcome.

CrazyHorse
09-28-2005, 04:39 AM
OK, Here's KCJ's take:

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

KCJohnny

Damn bud, are you having some sort of a flashback?

Wile_E_Coyote
09-28-2005, 04:54 AM
I've heard stories about guys who make the military their life, retire & can't adjust to civilian life. KCJohnny can't even adjust to a post Marty existence

CrazyHorse
09-28-2005, 06:08 AM
OK, Here's KCJ's take:

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

KCJohnny

Is this Dan Quale

Mr. Kotter
09-28-2005, 07:21 AM
You dumass...

:rolleyes:

KCTitus
09-28-2005, 07:28 AM
Is it any coincidence that Proctor stopped by after a embarrassing Chiefs loss to celebrate? Naw...not possible.

I guess he finally got over Marty choking away another playoff game back in Jan.

Brock
09-28-2005, 07:30 AM
Is it any coincidence that Proctor stopped by after a embarrassing Chiefs loss to celebrate? Naw...not possible.

I guess he finally got over Marty choking away another playoff game back in Jan.

I agree, very predictable.

Inspector
09-28-2005, 07:39 AM
I don't know about all of this, but I am deeply concerned over the potential for a pie embargo and the impact that will have on my family.

Maybe I could pawn my bronze star for one last piece of pie. If only I could find someone who felt like it had value. Then I could have pie.

Mmmm, I love pie. Especially with ice cream.

Dartgod
09-28-2005, 08:01 AM
Is this Dan Quale
Whose Dan Quail?

bkkcoh
09-28-2005, 08:04 AM
Did Dilfer win a SB? :hmmm:

htismaqe
09-28-2005, 08:05 AM
John Proctor, Chiefsplanet Vulture

Chiefs Pantalones
09-28-2005, 08:12 AM
John Proctor, Chiefsplanet psycho

Lzen
09-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Johnny, isn't Gunther our current defensive coordinator? Didn't he have something to do with that embarrassing loss? I mean, that defense looked just as pitiful (if not more) as the offense. Cripes, how many damn times do we have to be fooled by cutback runs and bootlegs before our defensive coaches crack some skulls?

Dartgod
09-28-2005, 08:27 AM
Johnny, isn't Gunther our current defensive coordinator? Didn't he have something to do with that embarrassing loss? I mean, that defense looked just as pitiful (if not more) as the offense. Cripes, how many damn times do we have to be fooled by cutback runs and bootlegs before our defensive coaches crack some skulls?
Exactly. He even acknowledged it less than 15 minutes after he started this thread.

First this...
Gunther is still light years ahead of DV in accomplishment, vision, personnel, and common sense. Earth to DV: USE a FB and Run over tackle.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...
Then this...

BOOTLEG LEFT. LEAVE A DE/OLB FOR CONTAINMENT. HELLO? This is pee wee football basics.

I guess in his bizarre world, Gunther excels as a Head coach, but can't cut it as a d-coordinator? :shrug:

dirk digler
09-28-2005, 08:34 AM
You dumass...

To compare Gun to DV, Parcells, Belichilck(sp), hell even to Marty as head coaches there is no comparision. I think Gun would even admit as much.

This almost laughable. It's like comparing Walter Payton to Greg Hill.

Clint in Wichita
09-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Someone apparently enjoys the taste of Gunther's cock.

Probably the smell of his stool as well.

Hot Carls for everyone!

Calcountry
09-28-2005, 10:56 AM

DV has a SB ring where Gun has none.Yes he has, by one friggen yard.

philfree
09-28-2005, 11:04 AM
KCJ, I was never one of your detractors but starting this thread makes you a very petty and small person. You did get one thing right though.

I know I don't Count, but... :clap:

PhilFree:arrow:

Lzen
09-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Yes he has, by one friggen yard.

DV has been to 2 SBs with 2 different teams and even won one. Gun's teams couldn't even hold a 17 point lead to the visiting Raiders in a game that would've meant a playoff appearance.
:shake:

I love Gun as a DC but for crying out loud, he was not a good head coach.

wutamess
09-28-2005, 11:49 AM
To compare Gun to DV, Parcells, Belichilck(sp), hell even to Marty as head coaches there is no comparision. I think Gun would even admit as much.

This almost laughable. It's like comparing Walter Payton to Greg Hill.

Another dumass statement.

I notice you threw in Belichik.

I'm going solely on results with their current team.
Gunther had a 500 record in 2 seasons. DV a lil over.
Parcells I'm thinking is below 500 with Dallas.
Mariucci... shouldn't even be mentioned with the mess he's stepped into.

These 3 coaches are coaches that have won superbowls with previous teams instead of their current team.

I'm not saying who's the better coach or not because if you ask me Parcells is probably better than all of them.
But I'm talking about pure, "what have you done for me lately" results.

And I'm sorry... Gunther is equal to all of them considering the fact that they haven't gotten it done in the 3-4 years they've been at their current positions. What they did with a previous team doesn't mean jack shit if they aren't producing in a certain time frame.

DV has had more than enough time... Same with King Carl.
We're now on what year 5 of a 3 year plan?
and year 17 of a 5 year plan?

wutamess
09-28-2005, 11:54 AM
DV has been to 2 SBs with 2 different teams and even won one. Gun's teams couldn't even hold a 17 point lead to the visiting Randy Moss and the Raiders in a game that would've meant a playoff appearance.
:shake:

I love Gun as a DC but for crying out loud, he was not a good head coach.

Another stupid comment.

Are we forgetting that DV didn't have the mental capacity to get rid of an obvious problem (his no punting Indianapolis defensive coordinator) Greg Robinson?

This was IN the playoffs we couldn't force a team to punt must I remind you. And all because of DV's live by the DC die by the DC attitude. Remember when gunther took over play calling when his defense wasn't getting it done.

We're getting a little off topic but DV & Gunther have similar winning percentages. Just so happens that DV has a more exiciting style of football with his pussy foot finesse style while Gun was recruiting players that wore sleevels shirts ROFL

Dave Lane
09-28-2005, 11:58 AM
I really, really hope you never ever come back to this place. It's a better place without you.

BTW, you're a dick. But you knew that already.

Come on some of the best moments on the web have been KCJ meltdowns!

"These are great days we're living, bros. We're Jolly
Green Giants, walking the Earth . . . with guns!"

ROFL

Dave

~wants pie combat vet or not.

Taco John
09-28-2005, 12:11 PM

So then it stands to reason that you think Trent Dilfer is a top tier quarterback? :hmmm:

stevieray
09-28-2005, 01:18 PM
now now now... Johnny does have point, albeit he doesn't exactly endear any hearts with his presentation of it, but he does have a point. I'll chalk up his attitude with being in the military which has a propensity to lead some to have a blunt, up front, in your face attittude towards those that disagree. I'm sure you ran across it while in the military. Heck, even you have it at times, stevie.

The point is that the Dick Vermeil era and the Gunther Cunningham era have produced some of the same results on the field. Sure, Johnny tries to stab others in the back with the "I told you so" game but facts, facts meaning results are the same as when Gunther was HC as they are now with Dick Vermeil as HC.

Now, when this year is all said and done, his point might be moot or it might have more weight to it. We'll just have to wait till January to find out the outcome.

i find it interesting you cherry picked my post.

It is speculation, different players, different schedules, etc..the only true comparison would be if they had the same players, played against the same teams, and had the same assistant coaches.

gunther is to KCJ what gannon was to denise. It isn't about gun or vermiel, it's about him "being" right, and puposely attempting to rub our faces in it, because that appears to be more important than the Chiefs success.

Dartgod
09-28-2005, 01:39 PM
gunther is to KCJ what gannon was to denise. It isn't about gun or vermiel, it's about him "being" right, and puposely attempting to rub our faces in it, because that appears to be more important than the Chiefs success.
http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/EYW/EYW242/e012862.jpg

ChiTown
09-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Someone apparently enjoys the taste of Gunther's cock.

Probably the smell of his stool as well.

Hot Carls for everyone!

ROFL .

You can always count on Clint to cut to the chase ROFL

Abba-Dabba
09-28-2005, 01:54 PM
i find it interesting you cherry picked my post.

It is speculation, different players, different schedules, etc..the only true comparison would be if they had the same players, played against the same teams, and had the same assistant coaches.

:spock:

cherry picked your post?

I quoted your whole post, which was 1 whole fuggin sentence. I swear, you are the king of 1 sentence posts.

Of course it's speculation. This board is full of speculations. That doesn't mean you can't compare the end results.

Mile High Mania
09-28-2005, 01:56 PM
I have missed these threads...

stevieray
09-28-2005, 01:56 PM
:spock:

cherry picked your post?

I quoted your whole post, which was 1 whole fuggin sentence. I swear, you are the king of 1 sentence posts.

Of course it's speculation. This board is full of speculations. That doesn't mean you can't compare the end results.

dude, what is your problem...?

Abba-Dabba
09-28-2005, 02:05 PM
dude, what is your problem...?

Oh no, you are speculating I have a problem.

Seriously... :spock:

cause I have no idea what you are talking about. Problem? What could you ever be talking about.

stevieray
09-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Oh no, you are speculating I have a problem.

Seriously... :spock:

cause I have no idea what you are talking about. Problem? What could you ever be talking about.

stop wasting my time.

Abba-Dabba
09-28-2005, 02:13 PM
stop wasting my time.

ROFL

Seriously, what's the problem?

You don't like my opinion, tough fuggin luck. That's your problem, not mine.

tk13
09-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Another dumass statement.

I notice you threw in Belichik.

I'm going solely on results with their current team.
Gunther had a 500 record in 2 seasons. DV a lil over.
Parcells I'm thinking is below 500 with Dallas.
Mariucci... shouldn't even be mentioned with the mess he's stepped into.

These 3 coaches are coaches that have won superbowls with previous teams instead of their current team.

I'm not saying who's the better coach or not because if you ask me Parcells is probably better than all of them.
But I'm talking about pure, "what have you done for me lately" results.

And I'm sorry... Gunther is equal to all of them considering the fact that they haven't gotten it done in the 3-4 years they've been at their current positions. What they did with a previous team doesn't mean jack shit if they aren't producing in a certain time frame.

DV has had more than enough time... Same with King Carl.
We're now on what year 5 of a 3 year plan?
and year 17 of a 5 year plan?
You gotta remember that when DV took over, he had to clean up all the garbage Gunther had left behind. KCJ never understood this, you could say it until your voice gave out and he'd never listen. When DV took over, we had an unbelievable amount of dead money left over from previous years. It took DV three years to get out from underneath that and when we did we went 13-3. That doesn't excuse last year by any means.... but Gun took over at the end of Marty's run, which was pretty successful, at least in the regular season, couldn't hold on. Had one year where we choked away a playoff birth, and another where the team quit on him. After those two horrible seasons, we dumped Gun and had to get rid of all this dead weight that was killing us. It took two whole seasons before we got completely out from under that and were able to spend money on offense and defense.

KC Dan
09-28-2005, 02:21 PM
Bullshit, I am the king of one sentence posts!

Abba-Dabba
09-28-2005, 02:23 PM
You gotta remember that when DV took over, he had to clean up all the garbage Gunther had left behind. KCJ never understood this, you could say it until your voice gave out and he'd never listen. When DV took over, we had an unbelievable amount of dead money left over from previous years. It took DV three years to get out from underneath that and when we did we went 13-3. That doesn't excuse last year by any means.... but Gun took over at the end of Marty's run, which was pretty successful, at least in the regular season, couldn't hold on. Had one year where we choked away a playoff birth, and another where the team quit on him. After those two horrible seasons, we dumped Gun and had to get rid of all this dead weight that was killing us. It took two whole seasons before we got completely out from under that and were able to spend money on offense and defense.

That's the nature of the business. Every coach has to do it going into a new job.

Couldn't it be said that when Gunther took over he took over all of Marty's garbage too?

Sure, Marty had a successful run in KC, but not towards the end of it. The point is, that DV wasn't put in any situation that was any different from any incoming coach.

Otter
09-28-2005, 02:25 PM
For Christ's Sake John, let it go already.

KCTitus
09-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Couldn't it be said that when Gunther took over he took over all of Marty's garbage too?

Sure, Marty had a successful run in KC, but not towards the end of it. The point is, that DV wasn't put in any situation that was any different from any incoming coach.

No, it cannot be said that. Marty resigned mercifully, but unexpectedly. Gunther was tagged to continue the Marty regime. The coaches did not change.

It was only after '00 when Gun wouldnt make any changes that CP let him go.

The great purge of 2001 saw 19M in dead money on the books and a definite change in coaching staff and they rebuilt the offense first. It was this major change from the Marty era to DV era that threw Proctor over the cliff and he's been an embittered person ever since.

stevieray
09-28-2005, 02:27 PM
ROFL

Seriously, what's the problem?

You don't like my opinion, tough fuggin luck. That's your problem, not mine.

Don't put words in my mouth..you are the one who appears to have a problem with my posts. You initially responded to mine.

first off, out of all the posts that were derogatory that were made towards him, you chose mine, which wasn't personal. then you attempt to make a point about how I'm like KCJ, which has nothing to do with what he and I were talking about.

Then "you swear" about something that is totally irrelevant to the discussion, just personal. The length of my posts are a moot point.

Second, I never said he was wrong, just that he was speculating with different variables.

Thirdly, you get defensive in the above reply. I never said I didn't like your opinion, just clarifying what point you are trying to make.

I usually don't engage you in conversation.

WilliamTheIrish
09-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Easy fellas...

It's Wednsday and we all need to moce forward.

We just have to hope that MNF wasn't THE defining moment in our season.

tk13
09-28-2005, 02:33 PM
That's the nature of the business. Every coach has to do it going into a new job.

No way! We had like 20 million dollars in dead money when DV took over, that's ridiculous.

stevieray
09-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Easy fellas...

It's Wednsday and we all need to moce forward.

We just have to hope that MNF wasn't THE defining moment in our season.

I agree, mocing forward is the right thing to do.

I'm sorry.(obligatory second sentence)

WilliamTheIrish
09-28-2005, 02:48 PM
I agree, mocing forward is the right thing to do.

I'm sorry.(obligatory) Second sentence.

No need for apologies Stev-0. It's a bitch losing to the Donx.

Bearcat
09-28-2005, 02:52 PM
I wonder if this horse you've been beating for so long can be even be identified as a horse anymore.... Predicting that someone's going to/not going to bring a team back from suck/mediocrity to a SB victory isn't a science, and it certainly isn't something to brag about one way or the other. No matter what anyone says, no one knows if DV will win a SB here, or if Parcells will win one in Dallas, etc.

but Monday night was as digusting a loss as anything any KC Chiefs coach has put on the field.

Okay. I'll take 3 games in 4 years (Monday night, @Minnesota & @Denver in 2002) where we had no realistic chance of winning. It was a higher percentage in the Marty/Gun era.

Fish
09-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Johnny.....

Skip Towne
09-28-2005, 03:02 PM
I don't care what WTI says. I'm NOT mocing forward.

WilliamTheIrish
09-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Jeezus, I just realized the error.

I've been worcing too much lately.