PDA

View Full Version : NFL players...MEN...with hyphenated last names.

Clint in Wichita
09-18-2000, 10:46 AM
HOW does this happen? 2 fathers? Or does the man marry another man and take his last name?

Terry Rice-Lockett - LB - How is this guy not a receiver (well, maybe he is off the field http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif )? I wonder how Kevin feels about his little known older brother getting hitched?

David Diaz-Infante - OL - I didn't know ole' Lindy went for the young, muscular, Latino types. I guess opposites really do attract!

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

[This message has been edited by Clint in Wichita (edited 09-18-2000).]

Phobia
09-18-2000, 10:53 AM
How 'bout:

Davidds-Garrido, Norbert - Arizona
Fuamatu-Ma'afala, Chris - Pissburg
Hobgood-Chittick, Nate - St. Louis
Robinson-Randall, Greg - New England

Bob Dole
09-18-2000, 11:17 AM
Bob Dole would be interested in knowing how that happens...

Maybe their mother remarried and the new father adopted the child, and they didn't want to completely replace the young man's last name and take away his "heritage."

Desert Chief
09-18-2000, 11:48 AM
AS a point of clarification:

In Mexico and other hispanic cultures, the prodigy will sometimes take the names of both madre e padre.

In Kansas, especially towns with restricted genetic pools like Topeka, the prodigy will take the name directly from the sole progenitor, someimes augmenting a middle name i.e "Joe", or "Ray".

bishop_74
09-18-2000, 11:50 AM
I see it a lot with women who are activists and so fourth. They don't believe that they should give up thier last names in marriage hence they hiphenate the last name of the father and the mother... hey, whatever works, it's just a lot to carry around.

kcred
09-18-2000, 01:23 PM
More or less agree with Bishop, you see that, and I would bet old Mom wore the pants in that family. Well except once we know of.