PDA

View Full Version : DAMMM - Phil Kloster hits 500 posts on this BB....

Phobia
09-18-2000, 11:12 AM
Do I have no life or what?!?!?

morphius
09-18-2000, 11:20 AM
Slacker! You just think you have no life, but I'm at 650+, so if you want to talk about having no life you might as well talk to the expert...

Phobia
09-18-2000, 11:26 AM
Dammm, I was scarce on the board last week because I was in Win2K Server training.... I'll see what I can do to catch up, JP!

morphius
09-18-2000, 11:29 AM
Phil - I have been on vacation or out of town 4 times since this BB has been formed and I'm way ahead of you in posts, shows how I spend my time when I'm around home.

Phobia
09-18-2000, 11:32 AM
Morph,

I have taken a dump 59 times since this board was formed. If I had a PC near the crapper, think about how much more I could post!!!

morphius
09-18-2000, 11:35 AM
Phil - Or you could do like me and have the laptop on a puter next to me while I watch TV and occasionally hit refresh to see if anything is going on. Then you should at least be able to keep from falling any fruther back from me.

Phobia
09-18-2000, 11:40 AM
Can you post while changing diapers? While burping an infant? While your body is screaming for an additional 3 minutes of sleep? I'll catch you in a few months. Then I'll pass you and you'll be a lurker with a bundle of joy in your arms.... or should I say bundleS of joy http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

morphius
09-18-2000, 11:44 AM
My body already screams for 3 extra minutes of sleep. Could have something to do with the fact that I'm up till 1 am almost every night. Of course no that I'm in a Monday night bowling league that might help you to catch up. As for the baby, that is another 6 months away.

Phobia
09-18-2000, 11:47 AM
I think I'm just going to go back and remove most of your posts - take you back to zero.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

morphius
09-18-2000, 11:49 AM
Yeah, 'cause then you'll be cool and chicks will dig ya.

Durtman
09-18-2000, 11:51 AM
I've only been on the board for a week, and am already spending waaaaaaay too much time here. Should I run away now while I still have a chance? (Or should I just butt out of your private conversation?)

ChiTown
09-18-2000, 11:54 AM
Morph - congrat's on entering the best profession in the world - parenthood http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

6 months away? My wife is due with our 2nd child ~April 1st 2001, how bout' yours. Sounds like we could be living similar lifestyles over the next several months.

Congrat's again.

morphius
09-18-2000, 11:57 AM
Chitown - Ours is March 27th, I have yet to sit down and figure out exactly when, still kind of in shock. The big difference is my wife is living in San Diego and getting out of the military soon so she can come back out here and have the baby. It should be a very large change in my life, and I'm excited. Congrat's to you as well.

Phobia
09-18-2000, 12:07 PM
Morph,

You have no idea how many chicks I've pulled since I drop the "ChiefsPlanet.com moderator line on them. I'm thinking of having business cards made....

Durt, welcome! No prob on the "private conversation". Nothing is private here. It just happens that nobody was interested in this topic (and rightfully so). http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

Don't run - I enjoy your contributions thus far. Any story behind the handle, Durtman?

ChiTown
09-18-2000, 12:09 PM
Morph - Different indeed.

We'll have much to discuss over the next 6 months. Get in all the selfish stuff that you can over the next 6 months. You'll be happy you did, because the baby (nor your wife, for that matter)won't care what you forgot on that list after Mar 27th http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif<BR>

Phobia
09-18-2000, 12:09 PM
Jeff,

My youngest's B-day is March 27th.... She'll be 8.

Phobia
09-18-2000, 12:10 PM
ChiTown,

We've already scared the bejesus out of him. He's been forewarned & then forewarned again. There will be no bigscreen purchases after March, 2001, Morph!

Bob Dole
09-18-2000, 12:11 PM
It's not that we weren't interested, Phil. It's just that we were enjoying the poignant moments between you and Jeff aand didn't want to ruin the moment.

Bob Dole
09-18-2000, 12:13 PM
And what, exactly, is "pulling a chick?"

Is that like pulling taffy?

Durtman
09-18-2000, 12:21 PM
Phil - Last name Durrett always mispronounced as DURutt, hence the elegant contraction DURT for as long as I can remember. Mutations include Durtman, Durtboy, Durty boy, Durtimus Maximus, etc...
(first name Gary preferred by my girlfriend.) I make movie trailers and home video commercials in L.A. (for some 15 years now. Still miss K.C.) - To the new fathers on this post, I'm the wicked guy who peddles "The Little Mermaid" and "Beauty and the Beast" to your unborn kids. Congrats to both. Stay in touch. Lots of freebie perks in my biz. Also, thanks for the welcome.

Phobia
09-18-2000, 12:21 PM
Dole,

I think "pulling chicks" is probably some sad 80's lingo I am in dire need of upgrading. Help me out with a replacement:

a. Macking
b. smacken that AZZ
c. Sebestianing
d. alternate submissions....

Phobia
09-18-2000, 12:24 PM
Gary,

Any chance you know Elisha Serrold? I know it's a big biz but she works for a producer for the same types of kid flix. I forget which one.

[This message has been edited by KPhobia (edited 09-18-2000).]

Bob Dole
09-18-2000, 12:26 PM
Bob Dole can't help you out there, Phil.

There are quite a few Tyson plants around here, though, so I'll see what I can find out.

Durtman
09-18-2000, 12:29 PM
Phil - Depends if she works in production or marketing. I don't make 'em, I sell 'em. If she works in any capacity with Diznee, there's a possibility, 'cause that's my main client, but I can't say fer shure - Is she cute?
Gary

Phobia
09-18-2000, 12:31 PM
Bob,

I came up with another example that might help explain the phrase:

Let's say you are out of town on business, maybe staying overnight at a hotel. The bartender is female and willing. You exchange or accept sexual favors. That's "pulling a chick".... *Evil Grin*

Phobia
09-18-2000, 12:34 PM
Gary, she's in Production. She's a hottee for certain.

Durtman
09-18-2000, 12:34 PM
Geez - I always thought "Pulling a chick" was some sort of barnyard abomination - videos of which I'd spend big bucks on.

Phobia
09-18-2000, 12:42 PM
Uh -- No, nothing to do with barnyards. Although, I do appreciate your sense of humor. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine. How did you find our humble home?

Durtman
09-18-2000, 01:09 PM
Although there is a legion of K.C. transplants out here, none of them give a rat's ear about football - much less the Chiefs. So, I decided to surf around to find some like minded fanatics who like to talk sports and pull legs. I tried the K.C. Star bulletin board for about a week and found it a strange place. Way too much testosterone and precious little "spell check". Someone posted this address and I dropped in. So far, I really like the dynamic. Informative and funny. Since my workload comes in waves, I much prefer this to taking my temperature rectally with my thumb during down time. At this rate, I should hit 500 posts by weeks end. Thanks for letting me drop in.

morphius
09-18-2000, 01:10 PM
Chitown - The first words out of my mouth were, "Umm(pause)OK(pause)How'd that happen?", my second phrase was "Hmm, I guess that means no more toys for me.". Luckily I already have a good stash of toys, and most of them I will be able to talk my wife into.

KCTitus
09-18-2000, 01:11 PM
LOL @ Durt....

KPhobia: if you're 'pulling chicks', sorry to say man, but you've been duped--it's a guy. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

morphius
09-18-2000, 01:11 PM
Durt - Welcome aboard.

morphius
09-18-2000, 01:13 PM
Titus - I was going to slam Kloster for the pulling chicks next, but you snuck out there with the same theory of attack with better wording.

KCTitus
09-18-2000, 01:16 PM
morph: took me a while to 'compose' just the right verbage.

I like your response to your wife. Funny, I think I said the same thing or something very similar. I was in a state of shock for about an hour.

morphius
09-18-2000, 01:21 PM
Titus - Are you saying that the state of shock should have went away a couple months ago? It was kind of an odd thought to have so quickly, but that was some pretty fast realization of what was about to happen. Just glad I already have the motorcycle...

47mack
09-18-2000, 01:24 PM
sounds like some of us have something in common

My first is due April 23

------------------
He cannot ravish, he can only woo

KCTitus
09-18-2000, 01:25 PM
Morph: I should clarify...I was in a completely dumbfounded, speechless, dazed, glassy eyed, open mouthed state for about an hour. Took me a week or so to come to grips with what was coming and it never really wore off until my daughter appeared and I held her that first night.

47mack
09-18-2000, 01:29 PM
KPhobia
What is the best way to get the game in Houston?

------------------

ChiTown
09-18-2000, 01:31 PM
Morph - your a smart man to have gathered the toys early. I tried to buy a sports car last month and was convinced (quite strongly, I might add) that we could use the money on new baby furniture, baby toys, walkers, joggers, toyset's, etc. etc. To say the least, it took the joy out of my moment.

I guess I will have to live vicariously through the next 6 months of your life.

47 - Congrat's & welcome to the club!

morphius
09-18-2000, 01:34 PM
Titus - OK, that's good to hear. My wife called me at work from her ship to tell me, that was very odd for the rest of the day.

morphius
09-18-2000, 01:41 PM
Chitown - I picked up the bike before I was married, when she didn't feel she had a say in the matter. Now if I could kick this stupid cold I could ride it again, as it is now I feel pretty much like crap.

Phobia
09-18-2000, 01:47 PM
47Mack - as you probably noticed, the first 2 games were broadcast in Houston. I have Sunday Ticket fortunately. There are also tons of sportsbars you can go to. If I remember correctly, you live down near clearlake. Damons (on 45) usually has the games although that is probably a 10-15 minute drive for you. When I lived in League City, I used to go the Sportsbar at the junction of Nasa Rd 1 & Bay Area Blvd.

Phobia
09-18-2000, 01:47 PM
Titus,

#30 What are you talking about? I musta missed something....

KCTitus
09-18-2000, 01:50 PM
A poor attempt at humor in response to #13...

[i]You have no idea how many chicks I've pulled since I drop the "ChiefsPlanet.com moderator line on them.</I>

47mack
09-18-2000, 01:51 PM
KPhobia

I am in the Galleria Area. There is a bar over by may place named K.C.'s. They have the Chiefs game on big screen every Sunday. Unfortunately, I have to work a lot, so I am not always available to go there. I thought that there might be something I was missing. We just moved here a year ago, so I still haven't learned all the ins and outs.

Thanks

------------------

Phobia
09-18-2000, 01:53 PM
Ok - I guess I get it Gregg. Morph saw the humor in it so I guess I'm the one that is off today. It's this damn headcold thing I'm trying to shake. If only there were a market for mucous!

Phobia
09-18-2000, 01:57 PM

I work in the Galleria. You can hang with Steve (he's Chiefs-Fan-TX) at the sportsbar @ 290 & Mangum. It's behind a TacoBell. Not the best digs but there are generally a few KC fans there (plus their beer is cold & the food is decent). I watch a preseason game or two there. I've never been to KC's but I'd like to check it out sometime.... Maybe we could get a few more Houstonians on this board.

47mack
09-18-2000, 02:02 PM
KPhobia

Sounds like a plan

Mosbonian
09-18-2000, 02:26 PM
ChiTown, Morphius, and Titus:

You want to talk about reactions when you find out the "big" news?

I was 39, just had returned from an 11 day vacation to Disney World with my wife and 3 y/o son. We took the extra long vacation because we knew it would be the last time for a while that we would be able to afford the luxury since we were going to sink a ton of money in another adoption.

Two days after we got home my wife went to the doctor feeling sick, and thinking she had gotten something while we were down there. Well, LO & BEHOLD, she found out she was pregnant!!! Took me about 3 hours to get over the initial shock, and weeks to trust that it wasn't some really bad joke someone was playing on me.

Funny thing was, in the previous 2 years we had sunk close to $22,000 in tests try to utilize any means possible to conceive. And even more odd was that in the nine weeks leaing up to our vacation, due to her father being in the hospital and my spending time on the road and at the hospital with my father we were only together 2 nights.

Go figure........

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

Phobia
09-18-2000, 02:29 PM
That's easy to explain, Mark. DSB caused that pregnancy. Only 2 times in 9 weeks will do that....

ChiTown
09-18-2000, 02:38 PM
Mark -

That is as close to re-enacting the "single bullet theory" as I have ever heard. God does act in mysterious ways.

My wife and I tried for 2+ years with one miscarriage in between before we were blessed with our son. Before we could shake hands on going for number 2, we found out were making an addition to the population. I can't figure out why things happen the way they do. But, I am extremely thankful, as I am sure you are, for all the wonderful results.

morphius
09-18-2000, 02:44 PM
Mark - OK, imagine thinking that in about 9 months you will finally get to live with your wife of 2 years. Imagine the plans of buying a house when she comes home and getting settled then start having kids. Imagine she makes a last minute trip to come up on the 4th of July weekend. Imagine she is on the pill, and has been for years. Then imagine getting a call while at work, in the middle of the day, from your wife, while she is on a ship off the coast of Seattle and is not supposed to be in port for another day.

I think I spent the rest of the day walking around shaking my head.

Morphius
Sharing way TMI.

Phobia
09-18-2000, 02:55 PM
Imagine thinking your wife can't bear children. Then imagine finding out she is having one. Then imagine finding out she is having another 3 months after she squeezes out the first one.... And you guys wonder why I'm warped.....

morphius
09-18-2000, 03:02 PM
Kloster - God does work in mysterious ways. Someone told my wife that if you want to see God laugh, just tell him your plans...

KCTitus
09-18-2000, 03:13 PM
KPhobia: I empathize, my two children are 50 weeks apart. My first was born Jan. 19, 1994, My second was born Jan. 2, 1995. 17 days short of a year apart.

We did NOT plan it that way, my wife was essentially pregnant the better part of two years. It's a miracle I survived. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Phobia
09-18-2000, 03:22 PM
Jeesh, Gregg. That's even "worse" than mine being 374 days apart. I thought I was gonna go nuts changing diapers & feeding two simultaneously. I wouldn't have it any other way though. My two girls are best friends and will likely remain close throughout their lives. My closest sibling was 5 years younger and we're not as close as I would like....

Durtman
09-18-2000, 03:25 PM
God, are you making me feel old.

Phobia
09-18-2000, 03:28 PM
Gary,

Is that a question for God or can anybody respond?

Durtman
09-18-2000, 03:31 PM
That's a metaphysical response right out of "Kung Fu". Very good, grasshopper.

Logical
09-18-2000, 03:35 PM
Kphobia,

374 days apart, quite a coincidence, my two oldest are also 374 days apart September 30 and October 9th.

Phobia
09-18-2000, 03:38 PM
LOL - Logical

I think the one thing we've established today is that diehard Chiefs fans are the horniest, protection challenged fans in the NFL.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Mosbonian
09-18-2000, 03:54 PM
Phil:

We were told that there was no possible waywe could ever conceive and have children.

Protection? We don't need no stinking protection!!! That's what we thought, until that day in June. Now here I am at age 44, having to take the same precautions as an 18 y/o fresh out of high school, because I am too much of a wimp to do the old "Master V".<P>

Holladay
09-18-2000, 05:23 PM
This prego stuff is never really real until the gift is delivered. Tieing her shoes b/c she's too big, feeling the kick etc...this is all real theoretically. Then when that head pops out, man, the light switch goes on at about a million watts. The two best days of my life, hands down, were when my kids were born. Nothing comes close.

BTW, I'm glad the Chiefs won.

Now this is a football topic http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif