PDA

View Full Version : hotmail issue with Pics

Iowanian
09-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Lately, I've been having some issues with hotmail, related to attached pics.

I can take pics with my digital cam....put them on my PC that I'm pretty confident is protected....and get "virus" failures from hotmail on 1 pic, when I've already attached 2-3 from the same series.

I recieve pics in emails, try to save them, and am unable....yet can sometimes forward them to someone else, who CAN.

Any ideas?

the Talking Can
09-30-2005, 06:19 AM
stop using hotmail...I had similiar problems and finally moved on

Lzen
09-30-2005, 09:06 AM
I haven't used hotmail in quite some time. I got tired of all the problems with it, mainly spam. I would reccommend getting a gmail account.

Iowanian
09-30-2005, 09:54 AM
I also have a gmail account.

The problem at this point is how "dispersed" my hotmail account is....for personal/family and business contacts.

Specific problems that I don't think it would help are like, when I get pics from my brother, and need to resize them and pass them on to a list of family/friends....I suppose I could forward his emails with pics to my gmail, and download them from there as a workaround?

Hotmail definitely has some "suck"...but I guess the price is right.

Lzen
09-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Just send out emails to everyone that has your hotmail address and tell them you are cancelling your account. Tell them to send all future emails to your gmail address. I don't have any problems with pics sent to my gmail.

StcChief
09-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Screw hotmail. M$oft.