PDA

View Full Version : Janokowski and Sly MO

ChiTown
09-18-2000, 08:43 AM
From Sports Illustrated.com:

Janikowski kicked a 19-yard field goal, but
missed a 49-yard attempt wide left midway through the fourth quarter that would have brought the Raiders within three points.

"I know what I did wrong," he said. "I just have to go home and think about it."

Keep thinking Jano, but don't hurt yourself. Here's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking the Raiders made an errant choice on a 1st rd pick, and I'm thinking the Chiefs scored big time with Sylvester Morris.

I'm also beginning to think that CP deserves some kudo's for this pick. Nice job CP.

[This message has been edited by ChiTown (edited 09-18-2000).]

KCTitus
09-18-2000, 08:54 AM
Janikowski has been 0-fer on FG's over 40 yards. 0-3. Pretty bad.

G_Man
09-18-2000, 01:44 PM
I stated right when they drafted him that it was a stupid pick, but heard from ALL Raider fans (and some Chiefs fans...and some Chiefs-Raiders fans http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif ) that it was such a wise draft pick. Bullsh!t! You NEVER should select a PK that high unless you are already of SB quality, and he will be one of the best PKs in the league. Otherwise, IMO, it's not worth it. The Chiefs may have gotten the best WR in the draft when it's all said and done. He's looking amazing so far, I don't care who the opposition was.

DaWolf
09-18-2000, 03:05 PM
I think it is still too early to be drawing conclusions. Cat needs to keep doing this sort of thing on a consistent basis. Teams will adjust, he needs to adjust too. However he is looking good right now. I said before the draft I'd rather take a guy who was a threat to put up 7 than a guy who would put up 3. Because one TD by a reciever is worth more than 2 FG's by a kicker...

milkman
09-18-2000, 05:19 PM
ChiTown,
If Sly plays the same, game in and game out, like he did yesterday, then regardless of what Jano does, Sly will have been the better pick, hands down.
CP deserves kudos for taking the guy that Gun wanted. IMO, it is becoming more evident that through all these years of drafting, that it was been Marty who couldn't evaluate offensive talent. CP has been drafting the players that Marty wanted, and is now drafting the players that Gun wants. Marty may have been a better game (regular season) coach, but it's pretty clear that Gun has a better eye for talent. In this draft, the Chiefs appear to have gotten an outstanding receiver, and possibly a pretty good RB, two positions CP and Marty never were able to pick.

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

[b]The SitCom must die!!</B>

Pitt Gorilla
09-18-2000, 05:56 PM
SlyMo is going to be good. But, how about Wesly in the third and Dennis in the 4th or 5th(can't quite remember). Dennis could become a true blaket and Wesly hits like a speeding 78 Impala. I bet Danny Snyder wishes he had saved his Deion money for a mid round pick!!! You go, CP.

------------------
GO PITT!

milkman
09-18-2000, 06:04 PM
And let's not forget about Bartee. He's a lot more raw than Dennis, but is supposed to have tremendous potential. If he learns, he could be something also.
Then we have Hall, who, if healthy, could be an outstanding STs player, and may be able to come in on 3rd down and give us some big plays. Then there's Darnell Alford, who could be a good tackle in this leauge. All in all, this could turn out to be just an outstanding draft.

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

[b]The SitCom must die!!</B>

Warrior5
09-18-2000, 06:15 PM
OK Packfan, insert comment here.

Dr. Red
09-18-2000, 06:37 PM
It was the most stupid pick in last years draft.

morphius
09-18-2000, 08:32 PM
Carl has pretty much totally redid his crew of people that help make draft picks. I think he also has asked a lot of what Gun wants. Gun wasn't afraid to play young guys, that was Marty and Carl. I think last years draft was pretty good, this draft is even better.