PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy football question

Old Dog
09-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Usually I'm giving the advice, but I'm really torn this week. Which two RB's to start out of these three: it's driving me nuts.
Alexander (Sea) at Wahington
Westbrook (Phi) at Kansas City
Williams (TB) vs Detroit

Simplex3
09-30-2005, 01:51 PM
I'd say flip a coin. Alexander has to face the toughest D but he's so hot it may not matter.

KCTitus
09-30-2005, 01:53 PM
I'd go Williams and Westbrook, myself. Especially with Washington coming back from a bye, they'll be rested and ready and it's also at Washington.

Cochise
09-30-2005, 01:59 PM
There's no way you should not have Cadillac on the field against the Lions.

StcChief
09-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Run the Caddy over Det.

Bill Lundberg
09-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Here's a littlel tougher one for you. Thomas Jones and Willie Parker have a bye who would you start out of these 3: Brandon Jacobs, Chris Perry, or JJ Arrington

KCTitus
09-30-2005, 02:04 PM
Here's a littlel tougher one for you. Thomas Jones and Willie Parker have a bye who would you start out of these 3: Brandon Jacobs, Chris Perry, or JJ Arrington

forfeit.

Nzoner
09-30-2005, 02:04 PM
Usually I'm giving the advice,

So you're 3-0?

I'd go Westbrook and Cadillac as well.

Old Dog
09-30-2005, 02:06 PM
In this order: Perry, Jacobs, Arrington

jspchief
09-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Alexander's style doesn't match up with Redskin's D. I'd say Escalade and Westbrook.

Old Dog
09-30-2005, 02:11 PM
So you're 3-0?
Nope, I'm 1-2 in that league. What I meant was I usually answer any fantasy football quetions.
Have lead the league in points once and have played the top point scorer the other two weeks.

Mr. Rat Fink
09-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Usually I'm giving the advice, but I'm really torn this week. Which two RB's to start out of these three: it's driving me nuts.
Alexander (Sea) at Wahington
Westbrook (Phi) at Kansas City
Williams (TB) vs Detroit

You can't sit Alexander...he's too much of a stud coming off a HUGE game. I'd sit Westbrook and then you don't have to worry about the KC conflict. Alls good.

Rausch
09-30-2005, 02:17 PM
You can't sit Alexander...he's too much of a stud coming off a HUGE game. I'd sit Westbrook and then you don't have to worry about the KC conflict. Alls good.

Benching Williams would be insane. He's getting a ton of carries and putting up solid and consistent numbers.

Alexander and Cadillac, easy...

Nzoner
09-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Nope, I'm 1-2 in that league. What I meant was I usually answer any fantasy football quetions.
Have lead the league in points once and have played the top point scorer the other two weeks.

Okay well here's one for you and anyone else who wants to chime in.

Start 3 of these 6

TO......no brainer

Jimmy Smith...........Although I should with Champ out I think my other options are better(see below)

Laverneaus Coles....Bollinger at qb,against Baltimore,no thanks

Kevin Curtis....Bruce doubtful and against Giants secondary,a must start

Keary Colbert...MNF against a horrid GB secondary who should be focusing on Smith after his 3 td week,plus I read where Colbert was getting a little frustrated with not being involved(2 catches so far) I think it all adds up to a big night for him.

Marc Boerigter......still waiting

AM I CRAZY?

Mr. Rat Fink
09-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Okay well here's one for you and anyone else who wants to chime in.

Start 3 of these 6

TO......no brainer

Jimmy Smith...........Although I should with Champ out I think my other options are better(see below)

Laverneaus Coles....Bollinger at qb,against Baltimore,no thanks

Kevin Curtis....Bruce doubtful and against Giants secondary,a must start

Keary Colbert...MNF against a horrid GB secondary who should be focusing on Smith after his 3 td week,plus I read where Colbert was getting a little frustrated with not being involved(2 catches so far) I think it all adds up to a big night for him.

Marc Boerigter......still waiting

AM I CRAZY?

I'd probably go TO, Jimmy (you know the ball will be thrown his way, you don't know about the others), and Curtis. Coles - the QB situation is so messed up I wouldn't touch it. Colbert - needs a few more games to show that he is a significant part of the offense before I would start him.

Mr. Rat Fink
09-30-2005, 02:24 PM
I've been starting Priest and Larry. But I also have Chris Brown, and now that Travis Henry is suspended, should I start him over Larry?

Nzoner
09-30-2005, 02:31 PM
I've been starting Priest and Larry. But I also have Chris Brown, and now that Travis Henry is suspended, should I start him over Larry?

I'd say go with the clear starters but I forewarn you I've got LJ on my team and the one week he doesn't do shit,I start him.This week he's on my bench.

Simplex3
09-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Marcell Shipp and anther starter from the waiver wires.

CosmicPal
09-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Westbrook and Williams.

Alexander doesn't have a chance vs. Washington's D.

Westbrook will get a lot of chances as Philly, believe it or not, will want to control the clock and keep the Arrowhead crowd quiet. Westbrook isn't any better than Alexander, but he'll get you more opportunities than Alexander vs. the Skin's D. Don't be a homer. Homerism will kill you in fantasy.

Mr. Rat Fink
09-30-2005, 02:45 PM
I'd say go with the clear starters but I forewarn you I've got LJ on my team and the one week he doesn't do shit,I start him.This week he's on my bench.

I know. Being a Chiefs fan I wish I didn't have both KC backs, even though they are both studs, because I can't be objective. That and like you say, he is unpredictible. But so is Chris Brown with this injuries. This is going to be a game time decision, I'll just go with my gut feeling.

Bill Lundberg
09-30-2005, 02:45 PM
Marcell Shipp and anther starter from the waiver wires.

Starting Runningback on waivers... That's hilarious. Not happening in this league 12 team very competetive. Why do you think I have the 3 scrubs I'm asking about on my bench. The best available runningback in free agency is Lamar Gordon.

Mr. Rat Fink
09-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Westbrook and Williams.

Alexander doesn't have a chance vs. Washington's D.

Noticed that Wash's offense can't score points? Noticed that Seahawks wideouts can't catch the ball? Noticed that Alexander has a chance against ANY defense? = start Alexander. Between the other two, take your pick, but I would go with Williams.

Old Dog
09-30-2005, 02:50 PM
For the WR question I would go with TO, Smith, and Curtis.

Leave Larry in at home. Brown won't do much aginst Indy's D. (I don't believe I just typed that). Manning will put up big #'s in the 1st half and have Tennessee throwning the ball almost every down in the 2nd half.

CosmicPal
09-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Noticed that Wash's offense can't score points? Noticed that Seahawks wideouts can't catch the ball? Noticed that Alexander has a chance against ANY defense? = start Alexander. Between the other two, take your pick, but I would go with Williams.

Alexander is not a consistent RB- I've had him on my fantasy teams before. He has explosive games (like the 5 TD's in the first half), and he's had some seriously lousy games. I damn near traded him before he had that 5 TD half. After that he started being a bit more consistent. But, he won't gel against a stout Washington D. KC's D is still prone to giving up the big run and Westbrook is your best bet in that case.

Simplex3
09-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Starting Runningback on waivers... That's hilarious. Not happening in this league 12 team very competetive. Why do you think I have the 3 scrubs I'm asking about on my bench. The best available runningback in free agency is Lamar Gordon.
I didn't mean "starter" as in starts for their NFL team. Those guys are surely long gone in all but the smallest of leagues.

It's possible that CIN could blow HOU out and Perry might get some garbage time carries.

As for your other two backs: flip a coin, they're both equally worthless. Either of them might get lucky and steal a short TD but I count on both of them posting big fat zeros.

Mr. Rat Fink
09-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Leave Larry in at home. Brown won't do much aginst Indy's D. (I don't believe I just typed that). Manning will put up big #'s in the 1st half and have Tennessee throwning the ball almost every down in the 2nd half.

Good point. P Manning probably will blow up this weekend.

Mr. Rat Fink
09-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Alexander is not a consistent RB- I've had him on my fantasy teams before. He has explosive games (like the 5 TD's in the first half), and he's had some seriously lousy games. I damn near traded him before he had that 5 TD half. After that he started being a bit more consistent. But, he won't gel against a stout Washington D. KC's D is still prone to giving up the big run and Westbrook is your best bet in that case.

Be careful not to overrate Wash's D. They've played Chicago and Dallas.

Nzoner
09-30-2005, 03:06 PM
For the WR question I would go with TO, Smith, and Curtis.

I'm sure the gambler in me will take a chance on Colbert,that and wanting more of a reason to watch MNF.

I like my team this week though,so even if Colbert comes up with a 0 I think I'll be lighting it up elsewhere.

Eli Manning vs Rams
Corey Dillon vs Chargers
Rudi Johnson vs. Texans
TO @ KC
Kevin Curtis @ G-Men
Keary Colbert vs.Packers
Jermaine Wiggins @ Falcons
Lawrence Tynes vs. Eagles
Baltimore D vs. Jets
John Fox vs. Packers

CosmicPal
09-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Be careful not to overrate Wash's D. They've played Chicago and Dallas.

True, but they are both better rushing offenses then you give them credit for. Washington is ranked 2nd in the NFC in rushing D, as well as total D. Thomas Jones and Julius Jones are both capable of 100 yd games, but neither one could fare well against Washington.

Washington will also be at home, and Seattle stinks on the road.

To be honest with you, any two of those three RB's will be fine. We have no idea how any of them will fare- that's the beauty of fantasy football.

Your next field of help is to see how each RB had done against the teams they are playing. I'm not sure if Westbrook has run vs. the Chiefs in the past, and Cadillac is a rookie, so that doesn't help much. But, you could see how Alexander has fared against the Skins in the past, and if the guy has had a 100 yd game or two or more- then he is a certain starter.

But, in all reality, you really can't go bad with any two of those three.

Mr. Rat Fink
09-30-2005, 03:15 PM
To be honest with you, any two of those three RB's will be fine. We have no idea how any of them will fare- that's the beauty of fantasy football.

Your next field of help is to see how each RB had done against the teams they are playing. I'm not sure if Westbrook has run vs. the Chiefs in the past, and Cadillac is a rookie, so that doesn't help much. But, you could see how Alexander has fared against the Skins in the past, and if the guy has had a 100 yd game or two or more- then he is a certain starter.

But, in all reality, you really can't go bad with any two of those three.

You're right, there are 3 great backs to choose from here and you can't go wrong picking 2, it is a total toss up.

But, FYI, last time Alexander saw Wash in '03 he had 94 yds and a TD.

Bill Lundberg
09-30-2005, 03:16 PM
I didn't mean "starter" as in starts for their NFL team. Those guys are surely long gone in all but the smallest of leagues.

It's possible that CIN could blow HOU out and Perry might get some garbage time carries.

As for your other two backs: flip a coin, they're both equally worthless. Either of them might get lucky and steal a short TD but I count on both of them posting big fat zeros.

OK I gotcha, I only need one, and planned on using Perry for the exact reason you mentioned, besides he catches his fair share of passes out of the backfield. Stuck with him and Warrick Dunn for RB's this week.

CosmicPal
09-30-2005, 03:22 PM
You're right, there are 3 great backs to choose from here and you can't go wrong picking 2, it is a total toss up.

But, FYI, last time Alexander saw Wash in '03 he had 94 yds and a TD.

Thanks. I was looking, but couldn't find the stats. If that was in Washington, then I'd have to say it is safe bet. It's 15 pts in one of my leagues (not counting any receiving yds he may have had).

I do know that the Skin's like to blitz from the outside- this forces the RB to go up the middle. Alexander is much like Preist- they do their best damage outside the tackles. The other thing too, and I know some people think this is BS, but Seattle is traveling from one end of the country to the other. You never know how that might affect a team.

But, the most important stat is that which shows how they have performed against the team in the past, and in this case- I'd select Alexander.

If I'm not mistaken- C. Williams is listed as probable for Sunday's game.

patteeu
09-30-2005, 03:48 PM

This is the only sane thing to do. I love Brian Westbrook. He's the #1 RB on both of my fantasy teams. He's a fantasy stud as long as he stays healthy. But Alexander and Williams are studs too. There is no reason to start Westbrook when you can play the other two and avoid any emotional conflict involved with Westbrook playing your favorite team IRL.

ct
09-30-2005, 04:35 PM
westbrook, williams

Normally you would NEVER bench your stud, but when you've got depth like this, with matchups like that, you do it.

Fishpicker
09-30-2005, 06:08 PM
I'd go Williams and Westbrook, myself. Especially with Washington coming back from a bye, they'll be rested and ready and it's also at Washington.

Miles
09-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Its a tough call on whether on not to bench alexander or not. If you are going to play alexander i would definitly do it over cadillac rather than westbrook.