PDA

View Full Version : Bo in, Horn out

Wile_E_Coyote
09-30-2005, 03:46 PM
according to 610 sports

#6 your trying for Redrum neg rep

chiefsfaninNC
09-30-2005, 03:55 PM
I hope he does play, and I hope he does well. But if he fails to show anything then we need to quickly cut him. FredEx must be close by now. We desperately need a receiver to produce besides Eddie.

HolmeZz
09-30-2005, 04:01 PM
Good.

Ultra Peanut
09-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Bottom button on the right:

http://whatistiger.ytmnd.com/

StcChief
09-30-2005, 04:35 PM
We need the BO the burner guy from 2003.

Size/speed.

Ultra Peanut
09-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Good.YOU'RE MY INSPIRATION!

http://chadjohnson.ytmnd.com/

ArrowheadHawk
09-30-2005, 05:31 PM
go bo

HolmeZz
09-30-2005, 05:33 PM
YOU'RE MY INSPIRATION!

http://chadjohnson.ytmnd.com/

That's badass. :)

KCChiefsFan88
09-30-2005, 07:18 PM
How about BOTH Horn and Bo in and Kris Wilson out.

cmh6476
09-30-2005, 07:18 PM
or even samie parker.

Ultra Peanut
09-30-2005, 07:22 PM
How about BOTH Horn and Bo in and Kris Wilson out..

JOhn
09-30-2005, 08:41 PM
:hmmm:

Bwana
09-30-2005, 08:48 PM

Ding Ding Ding....YOU win.

chefsos
09-30-2005, 09:10 PM
I voted yes, but I'm gonna miss all the "WTF? Bo's Inactive again!" threads.

Frazod
09-30-2005, 09:11 PM
I like Boerigter. When the ball hits him in the hands, he actually catches it.

I'd personally rather shitcan Parker and keep Horn.

go bowe
09-30-2005, 09:21 PM
i'm pulling for bo (duh...), but i think samie just needs some more time to get comfortable and not think so much about what he's doing...

he's young and needs experience, and playing is the best way to gain experience...

his hands will be fine, soon i hope...

Bwana
09-30-2005, 09:24 PM
i'm pulling for bo (duh...), but i think samie just needs some more time to get comfortable and not think so much about what he's doing...

he's young and needs experience, and playing is the best way to gain experience...

his hands will be fine, soon i hope...

I don't know John. I got a chance to watch the game tape today........on the road during the game and Parker looked VERY shitty. I would go with Bo AND Horn and let Parker sit on the bench trying to catch balls if you catch my drift.

chiefsfaninNC
09-30-2005, 09:34 PM
We need the BO the burner guy from 2003.

Size/speed.
I would prefer to see the Bo from 2002.

Bowser
09-30-2005, 09:34 PM
I would prefer to see the Bo from 2002.

Yep.

keg in kc
09-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Good. Horn is a waste of roster space.

Bowser
09-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Good. Horn is a waste of roster space.

Sad thing is that outside of Kennison, he's been our next reliable receiver.

keg in kc
09-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Sad thing is that outside of Kennison, he's been our next reliable receiver.It's sort of like saying it's better to have diarrhea than it is to have diarrhea and projectile vomiting.

Bwana
09-30-2005, 09:43 PM
Good. Parker is a waste of roster space.

Heh, fixed it for you Kyle. :)

Bowser
09-30-2005, 09:44 PM
It's sort of like saying it's better to have diarrhea than it is to have diarrhea and projectile vomiting.

ROFL

And thanks for dredging up some completely horrific memories.....

keg in kc
09-30-2005, 09:48 PM
Heh, fixed it for you Kyle.Not really. Parker's a guy with speed and playmaking ability who needs to continue to work on his hands and his routes. Horn should be selling insurance or cars or something, because he doesn't have any tools at all to play at the pro level. He's the newest Chris Thomas on the roster. Hopefully some day in the future, we won't see guys like Thomas or Horn playing for us any more, and instead we'll see a group of actual NFL wide receivers with crazy things like "speed" and "talent".

Hell, the fact that we're moderately excited by Boerigter taking his place is a sign of how bad things are at the position for us. I mean, seriously, we're giddy about a guy who once caught 20 passes in a season. 20 whole passes. 31 career receptions and he's 27 years old. Oooh. Aahhh.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-30-2005, 09:51 PM
The only reason Bo was out in the first place is because Horn has been giving great head as of late.

Bo deserves another shot. Bo has at least showed up once before in a season whereas Horn hasn't really.

Count Alex's Wins
09-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Bo deserves another shot. Bo has at least showed up once before in a season whereas Horn hasn't really.

That's pretty much what I think.

This team was ready to make Bo the starter before his injury. He appears to be recovered from that injury.

What gives? He should be on the field.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-30-2005, 09:53 PM
Not really. Parker's a guy with speed and playmaking ability who needs to continue to work on his hands and his routes. Horn should be selling insurance or cars or something, because he doesn't have any tools at all to play at the pro level. He's the newest Chris Thomas on the roster. Hopefully some day in the future, we won't see guys like Thomas or Horn playing for us any more, and instead we'll see a group of actual NFL wide receivers with crazy things like "speed" and "talent".

Hell, the fact that we're moderately excited by Boerigter taking his place is a sign of how bad things are at the position for us. I mean, seriously, we're giddy about a guy who once caught 20 passes in a season. 20 whole passes. 31 career receptions and he's 27 years old. Oooh. Aahhh.

IMO, I think Parker is about to breakout soon. When he has had his hands on the ball he does something with it. It's coming, IMO.

Woodrow Call
09-30-2005, 09:54 PM
Not really. Parker's a guy with speed and playmaking ability who needs to continue to work on his hands and his routes. Horn should be selling insurance or cars or something, because he doesn't have any tools at all to play at the pro level. He's the newest Chris Thomas on the roster. Hopefully some day in the future, we won't see guys like Thomas or Horn playing for us any more, and instead we'll see a group of actual NFL wide receivers with crazy things like "speed" and "talent".

Great post :clap:

Count Alex's Wins
09-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Bo has done more in this league than Horn. Horn is the Trent Green of wide receivers, physically.

Bowser
09-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Like I've said, Horn has been one of Vermeils' "effort guys". A smaller, faster, whiter Hicks.

Didnt Vermeil say something about somoeone having to take Chris Horns' roster spot from him in training camp?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-30-2005, 09:59 PM
I always thought it kind of funny that we haven't had a good WR in awhile. Troubling, but funny. We would dominate even more on offense. Is there a league rule that says a great offense shouldn't get better?

Bwana
09-30-2005, 10:00 PM

In a perfect world, that's the way it would be, but this is Chief football 2005. :spock: From what I have seen of Parker, he wouldn't even be able to sell cars or insurance because he would drop the keys, or lose the paper work. It's a shitty WR crew any way you spin it.

Bwana
09-30-2005, 10:03 PM
This kind of reminds me of the Joe Montana years. A great QB but nothing to throw to. Add to that big Willie being hurt and the "O" is not what it should be.

go bowe
09-30-2005, 10:20 PM
eh, these guys are capable of surprising everybody...

if we get an early lead against philly, watch out...

if philly gets the early lead, then it's time for dj, kb, ps, and sk to show their stuff and earn those big bucks...

stranger things have happened...

we have a good chance to beat philly at home...

/hopeful homer

keg in kc
09-30-2005, 10:22 PM
In a perfect world, that's the way it would be, but this is Chief football 2005. :spock: From what I have seen of Parker, he wouldn't even be able to sell cars or insurance because he would drop the keys, or lose the paper work. It's a shitty WR crew any way you spin it.I've only seen what I would consider to be two blatant drops from Parker. A couple more on very poorly thrown balls that, in a perfect world, you'd like a guy to find a way to get, but, I'm sorry, I don't dog a guy for a drop when the ball's four feet over his head, three feet behind him, or in the turf. Now, the fumble was clearly a third big miscue.

What I'd want, if we're talking fantasy, is a legitimate #2 on the field (or a #1, with Kennison #2), Parker in the slot and Dante Hall never, ever lining up on offense. But, this being "Chief football 2005" as you put it, Parker's the clear-cut #2. He blocks well, from what I've seen, and he has gamebreaking speed. Like it or not, he's a young player, he's got far-and-away more talent than anyone else we have at the position right now. You have to play him, and hope he works through the drops. That's part of developing, making mistakes.

Eventually it'll even out, anyway. He'll break a couple, once the line's solid enough to give Green some time. Stuff always seems to balance out in the end like that. Hell, that TD catch he made Monday was a really good play.

Bwana
09-30-2005, 10:33 PM
What I'd want, if we're talking fantasy, is a legitimate #2 on the field (or a #1, with Kennison #2), Parker in the slot and Dante Hall never, ever lining up on offense. But, this being "Chief football 2005" as you put it, Parker's the clear-cut #2. He blocks well, from what I've seen, and he has gamebreaking speed. Like it or not, he's a young player, he's got far-and-away more talent than anyone else we have at the position right now. You have to play him, and hope he works through the drops. That's part of developing, making mistakes.

Eventually it'll even out, anyway. He'll break a couple, once the line's solid enough to give Green some time. Stuff always seems to balance out in the end like that. Hell, that TD catch he made Monday was a really good play.

I hope you're right about the guy, but right now he has that deer in the headlight look with hands of stone. If one of those guys guys doesn't break loose and catch some balls, it's going to be a long season.

I also will give you the line situation. Green needs some time in order for the WRs' to complete their routes. If the D is in Greens face, the WR's don't even come close to a complete route and it's hard to tell what we have on the field with the limited time Green has to unload the ball.

digi2fish
09-30-2005, 10:50 PM

yup
if there's such an option, I'll vote it.

ENDelt260
09-30-2005, 11:02 PM

What he said.

Count Alex's Wins
09-30-2005, 11:04 PM
We shouldn't be talking about shitcanning Parker. It's waaaaay too early for that kind of talk.

alanm
09-30-2005, 11:09 PM

Gawd.. We are the most fickle fans. The dude drops 1-2 balls, one of which was a bad pass, and neither would have made much difference in the ass whupping Monday and we're ready to crucify him. :shake:
Keep f*cking doubting Sammie Parker. :cuss: :cuss: :)

Count Alex's Wins
09-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Gawd.. We are the most fickle fans. The dude drops 1-2 balls, one of which was a bad pass, and neither would have made much difference in the ass whupping Monday and we're ready to crucify him. :shake:
Keep f*cking doubting Sammie Parker. :cuss: :cuss: :)

By my count he dropped two balls against Oakland and four or five the other night.

ENDelt260
09-30-2005, 11:20 PM
I don't keep close count or anything. I just know if I see him catch one I'm liable to yell, "Alright! He hung on to it!"

That's a bad thing.

LiL stumppy
09-30-2005, 11:20 PM
I like Horn and he has proven him self so far.Hes one tuff cookie.

Straight, No Chaser
09-30-2005, 11:38 PM
I always thought it kind of funny that we haven't had a good WR in awhile. Troubling, but funny. We would dominate even more on offense. Is there a league rule that says a great offense shouldn't get better?

We're reaping what was sown after last years debacle on defense (a little better defense this season). Now, it looks like the most popular whine is how weak the WR crew is.

--->

alanm
09-30-2005, 11:54 PM
By my count he dropped two balls against Oakland and four or five the other night.
According to Vermeil in his press conference the other day he mentioned that he only dropped 1 that Trent threw behind him. I doubt he had 4-5 balls thrown at him the whole night since Green was getting the shit kicked out of him as soon as he got the snap. :shake:

Count Alex's Wins
10-01-2005, 12:00 AM
According to Vermeil in his press conference the other day he mentioned that he only dropped 1 that Trent threw behind him. I doubt he had 4-5 balls thrown at him the whole night since Green was getting the shit kicked out of him as soon as he got the snap. :shake:

Vermeil is full of shit.

Parker definitely had that many thrown to him.

Chief Chief
10-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Why consider throwing Horn out in the first place? He catches passes in traffic and takes a licking while holding on to the rock. I'd put him ahead of #18 on the roster. I'd probably put Bo ahead as well.

Barrymore50
10-01-2005, 02:54 AM
Yes, Boerigter! Finally! Keep Horn. Bench Samie Stonehands. As for Kris Wilson, I've heard that he is also a great field goal kicker, outside linebacker, emergency QB, assistant head coach, and will be taking Sims' spot on the D-line.

ExtremeChief
10-01-2005, 06:51 AM
Tony G. dropped an assload of balls his first couple of years. I'm willing to be patient with Parker for awhile longer.

Bwana
10-01-2005, 07:24 AM
Yes, Boerigter! Finally! Keep Horn. Bench Samie Stonehands. As for Kris Wilson, I've heard that he is also a great field goal kicker, outside linebacker, emergency QB, assistant head coach, and will be taking Sims' spot on the D-line.

ROFL

You sure his last name isn't Superman Scanlon?

raypec85
10-01-2005, 09:36 AM
I don't know John. I got a chance to watch the game tape today........on the road during the game and Parker looked VERY shitty. I would go with Bo AND Horn and let Parker sit on the bench trying to catch balls if you catch my drift.

Um . . . it's one game. I definitely agree with Bo over Horn but it is WAY too early to be giving up on Parker.

Bwana
10-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Um . . . it's one game. I definitely agree with Bo over Horn but it is WAY too early to be giving up on Parker.

Hey, I agree it's to early to tell what Parker will turn out to be in the long run, But IMHO Horn would have caught more of those balls.

keg in kc
10-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Hey, I agree it's to early to tell what Parker will turn out to be in the long run, But IMHO Horn would have caught more of those balls.You're making the assumption that Horn would have been both open and in position to make a catch. He may be able to line up in Parker's spot in terms of knowing the playbook and routes, but he doesn't have Parker's break off the line or his ability to separate from coverage. Horn, if he's anything, is a possession guy, and a mediocre one at that. If we're playing him as anything other than a 3rd or 4th receiver, we're in trouble.

Bwana
10-01-2005, 11:22 AM
You're making the assumption that Horn would have been both open and in position to make a catch. He may be able to line up in Parker's spot in terms of knowing the playbook and routes, but he doesn't have Parker's break off the line or his ability to separate from coverage. Horn, if he's anything, is a possession guy, and a mediocre one at that. If we're playing him as anything other than a 3rd or 4th receiver, we're in trouble.

Keg, I think we may be in trouble any way you look at it in the WR position. :hmmm:

Straight, No Chaser
10-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Keg, I think we may be in trouble any way you look at it in the WR position. :hmmm:

I really appreciate it when someone comes out and states the obvious --it sure saves time reading through the utter nonsense from _________.

---->

HolmeZz
10-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Vermeil probably doesn't count the drop that happened on the Roughing the QB penalty because a flag was thrown. :shake:

Still to early to oust Parker though.

philfree
10-01-2005, 12:38 PM
CHIEFS NOTEBOOK: Boerigter ready to play

The Kansas City Star

Memo to the equipment manager: Marc Boerigter will be needing his No. 85 jersey this weekend.

Boerigter, who didn’t suit up for the Chiefs’ first three games, will be active for Sunday’s game with the Eagles. He took most of the reps with the No. 1 offense in Friday’s practice and will suit up in place of fellow receiver Chris Horn.

“It’s just being fair,” coach Dick Vermeil said. “And fair means between more than one person. It could be looked upon to not being fair to Chris Horn, but we have been fair to Chris Horn — we’ve given him an opportunity, and he’s done a great job, and he’ll be back on the active roster soon.

“We just think Boerigter deserves an opportunity.”

Boerigter sat out last year because of a knee injury. At 6 feet 3, he’s the biggest target at wide receiver for quarterback Trent Green.

“It’s been a long time coming,” Boerigter said, “and it’s just another Sunday for me. I’ve been there before so it’s nothing different.

“I thought I did enough in the preseason to prove I’m back to were I was before the injury. It’s kind of a numbers game, and I got caught up in it. I don’t think I have anything to prove. My knee’s been healthy for a long time now. It’s not even an issue.”
--------

I think this means we're gonna go to more max protect with 3 TEs and Bo as the lone WR. Run the ball and play action pass to Big Bo and the TEs. We'll run alot of stuff but I expect to see plenty 1 WR sets with Bo in the game.

PhilFree:arrow:

KcMizzou
10-01-2005, 01:13 PM
“And fair means between more than one person." Uh, yeah.... err.... what?

go bowe
10-01-2005, 01:18 PM
where's tommykat when you really need her?

keg in kc
10-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Keg, I think we may be in trouble any way you look at it in the WR position.I don't. I think that as soon as the problems on the o-line are resolved (read: Roaf is back), we'll find that the offense is fine, including the WRs. I think every problem we have right now is a combination of willie being out and Trent Green's normal slow start.

Kennison and Parker will be fine as 1 and 2, I believe. Boerigter should be fine as a #3. Horn or Dante can handle #4. I think by December, this'll look like a significant upgrade over anything we've seen in the last decade at WR. Assuming everyone can stay on the field. Like I said during the summer, I still think the only thing that can stop us is injury.

While it's a nice fantasy, the system doesn't need Randy Moss, Torry Holt and Terrell Owens. The system we run works from the inside out; it's built around the running game and Tony Gonzalez. All we need is a couple of competent starting receivers. And I think we have that, or at least I think that Parker and maybe Boerigter will grow into that.

Calcountry
10-01-2005, 02:25 PM
I like Horn and he has proven him self so far.Hes one tuff cookie.Too bad he isn't a couple of feet taller.

keg in kc
10-01-2005, 06:26 PM
And about four times as fast.

JOhn
10-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Keep F'ing doubting Chris Horn :cuss: :cuss: