PDA

View Full Version : COPS: Tased and Confused

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 08:31 PM
On FOx right now, should be pure comedy gold to see some tard get hit and flop around like a fish outta water:D

Skip Towne
10-01-2005, 08:35 PM
Have YOU been tased yet?

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Have YOU been tased yet?

Not yet that should happen on the 5th of this month....everybody said it gives you tourettes syndrom :p

Skip Towne
10-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Not yet that should happen on the 5th of this month....everybody said it gives you tourettes syndrom :p
Ther was a great big guy on COPS that got tased 3 times and kept fighting.

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 08:55 PM

yea it's rare but sometimes they don't seemed phased by the taser

chagrin
10-01-2005, 08:56 PM
I saw that earlier tonight (Eastern time zone) friggin hilarious!

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 08:58 PM
I saw that earlier tonight (Eastern time zone) friggin hilarious!

the guy in the chair was the best so far

Tinlar
10-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah well in Austin Texas we just burried another person that was Tased to death by a cop. That makes three within the last 6 months that I know of. They try to defend themselves by saying it is in the line of duty but the cops squad car cought this one on tape.

A cop pulled this kid over for drunk driving. The kid was standing behind his car talking to the cop (audio is no good so can't tell what is being said) and he calmly turns around and is slowly walking back to his car... not running.. not being agressive.. suddenly the cop tases him and it kills him on the spot.

If it were a gun shot the cop would be up on murder charges, there isn't a doubt in my mind. I personally hope the pig gets the chair but I heard today that he was already back on the street "protecting and serving".

Less lethal weapon can kill and cops are a thousand times more likely to deploy them than a firearm. Because of those facts we, in this area, are seeing cops more often kill people with less lethal devices than with guns... and they are getting away with it.

Tinlar
10-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Too add on, the other two incidents were more or less within police policy. Both suspects were fighting with the police. However both were unarmed and multiple police were on the scene for both of them. Tasers should be used in place of guns in my opinion but not before a cop would have otherwise used a gun. If it isn't a good reason to kill someone then it isn't a good reason to taser them.

Mr. Rat Fink
10-01-2005, 09:26 PM
If some poor sap wants to f*** with a cop and then turns out to be extra-sensitive to a taser and has a heart attack, then its just not his lucky day. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I mean, what are cops supposed to use, a watergun?

Tinlar
10-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Yeah well, that could be your son out there drunk after a football game one night and he makes a bad dicision as young people are apt to do.

Tasers should be used only when lethal force is called for because they can easily turn lethal.

I recall growing up and the cops back then could deal with drunken kids without needing to shock the piss out of them.

Simplex3
10-01-2005, 09:33 PM
If some poor sap wants to f*** with a cop and then turns out to be extra-sensitive to a taser and has a heart attack, then its just not his lucky day. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I mean, what are cops supposed to use, a watergun?
God no man! The water might go up the perp's nose and kill him!

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Yeah well, that could be your son out there drunk after a football game one night and he makes a bad dicision as young people are apt to do.

Tasers should be used only when lethal force is called for because they can easily turn lethal.

I recall growing up and the cops back then could deal with drunken kids without needing to shock the piss out of them.

Nobody I ever knew fought with the cops...run yes but not a fight....like someone said before you wanna be a bigboy and fight then you better be ready to get treated like a big boy

If it were my son it wouldn't happen because he would know you don't back talk a cop, you don't get smart with a cop and you sure as hell don't fight with one or you deserve what you get

Rausch
10-01-2005, 09:40 PM

Yeah, he played FB for Mizzou...

Mr. Rat Fink
10-01-2005, 09:41 PM

If my kid lives through a drunk driving experience, then god has been merciful enough.

And then he had better hope the taser gets to him before I do.

Rausch
10-01-2005, 09:41 PM
the guy in the chair was the best so far

Grimm's got a DVD of his class getting tased.

Comedy gold... ROFL

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Too add on, the other two incidents were more or less within police policy. Both suspects were fighting with the police. However both were unarmed and multiple police were on the scene for both of them.

And I'd bet on drugs

Tinlar
10-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Lets just give them all bats and let them beat people into unconciseness! It is less lethal than a gun shot so it must be fair game for cops to do on a whim!

The bottom line is the polcie are not using the technology, that was designed to reduce the use of lethal force, as it was intended.

If cops are such pussies that they can't deal with drunks that are out number and unarmed without a taser then we need to fire the cops and higher some of the bouncers that work down town, because those guys are doing it every night.

Tinlar
10-01-2005, 09:44 PM
And I'd bet on drugs

Details are not being released quickly but one of them was in jail at the time he was tased and had been for several days so I doubt he was hyped up on anything. Apparently 3 different tasers were discharged into him. I suspect with the amount of bad press they are getting around here that soon Travis county will be taking them out of the hands of cops.

Skip Towne
10-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Yeah, he played FB for Mizzou...
Fitting.

Rausch
10-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Lets just give them all bats and let them beat people into unconciseness! It is less lethal than a gun shot so it must be fair game for cops to do on a whim!

The bottom line is the polcie are not using the technology, that was designed to reduce the use of lethal force, as it was intended.

If cops are such pussies that they can't deal with drunks that are out number and unarmed without a taser then we need to fire the cops and higher some of the bouncers that work down town, because those guys are doing it every night.

Bouncers have scars for a reason, and beat down drunks 100x more often than the cops.

And tasers are pretty much harmless.

Phobia
10-01-2005, 09:47 PM
you don't get smart with a cop

Yeah, because maybe they'll talk real mean and give you a ticket anyway. I ****in hate traffic bitches.

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 09:48 PM

Your a tard and have no idea what you are talking about....guess who pays for it when a cop gets hurt? YOU DO. The idea is to give a tool to police officers to allow them to subdue a subject without hurting themselves....

Thig Lyfe
10-01-2005, 09:49 PM
I don't know if anybody here has the Harvard Lampoon's parody of Premiere, but there's a hilarious article about tasering Frankie Muniz in it.

ENDelt260
10-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Lets just give them all bats and let them beat people into unconciseness!

Don't they already carry batons?

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Details are not being released quickly but one of them was in jail at the time he was tased and had been for several days so I doubt he was hyped up on anything.

Being in jail doesn't mean you can't get a hold of drugs, hell I caught an inmate huffing anti-bacterial spray the other day...don't be so quick to snap to conclusions

Phobia
10-01-2005, 09:53 PM
How many cigs does a piece of ass on the inside cost?

ENDelt260
10-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Being in jail doesn't mean you can't get a hold of drugs

I remember when I was in Tent City there were dipshits smoking pot. You could get "rolled up" (where you get taken out of the work release program, put in the pink undies and stripes, and spend the rest of your sentence in the tents 24/7) for having a frickin' cigarette inside, and these geniuses were getting high. Sheesh, you get out for twelve hours a day, and the morons couldn't wait until they got home to have a joint.

Mr. Rat Fink
10-01-2005, 09:56 PM
I don't know if anybody here has the Harvard Lampoon's parody of Premiere, but there's a hilarious article about tasering Frankie Muniz in it.

Too bad Frankie doesn't have that rare condition where a taser makes his heart explode. That kid makes me puke.

Skip Towne
10-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Yeah, because maybe they'll talk real mean and give you a ticket anyway. I ****in hate traffic bitches.
I hate all cops. You pin on that badge you lose your membership in the human race. You agree to become a snitch to avoid getting a job.

chiefs4me
10-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Oh hell, I misread the title, I thought this was another Delt story...ROFL

Phobia
10-01-2005, 10:03 PM
There's a lot of cops who are in it for the right reasons and really try to do right. But there are a lot of punkass bitches who are trying to right every time they got a swirly or pantsed in Jr. High. Those are the morons I can't stand.

Take the cuffs off of me, bitch. I can kick my front door in 100x per day and you can't touch me.

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 10:10 PM
There's a lot of cops who are in it for the right reasons and really try to do right. But there are a lot of punkass bitches who are trying to right every time they got a swirly or pantsed in Jr. High. Those are the morons I can't stand.

Take the cuffs off of me, bitch. I can kick my front door in 100x per day and you can't touch me.

I just think it's a fun career

ENDelt260
10-01-2005, 10:12 PM

What the heck?

Tinlar
10-01-2005, 10:14 PM
I'm not trying to jump to conclusions. Of the three cases that have been on my TV recently I said that two of them appeared to be within policy. I didn't see those. The one I did see, and didn't hear, I couldn't figure how it was justified at all.

Let them use pepper spray if they want something like that. Tasers are showing up way too often. If nothing else they are damaging public trust of our police force. Isn't that enough? Police just aren't being responsible with them.

ENDelt260
10-01-2005, 10:22 PM
If nothing else they are damaging public trust of our police force.

Trust a cop? That's just crazy.

Phobia
10-02-2005, 12:02 AM
What the heck?

Heh. You've never read that story? It was from a previous lifetime....

Ex-wife locked me out of my own home. Wouldn't let me in. So, I used the size 10 Master key. She called cops. They showed up, cuffed me, yadayadayada.

That's when I told 'em to remove the cuffs and GTF out of my house. When they showed me a law that said I couldn't destroy my own property they could come back. That was a very sad time in my life. Not fun at all. That woman brought out the absolute worst in me.

Saggysack
10-02-2005, 12:55 AM
If it were my son...

You shoulda stopped right there.

Bez
10-02-2005, 01:19 AM
Well there have been killings on both sides out here in the Bay area SF that is.All I can say is that I dont understand why anyone would take sides in this matter in general other than to make a statement about their own bias.I know of a guy who took my sister out once.He joined the Oakland Police force and requested graveyard duty.His buddies had a pool to see how long before he had his first kill.The guy ended up getting chased out of the SF police dept and bay area after killing someone over there.Oh and he got his first kill on a crack filled guy a couple of monthes after becoming an Oakland officer.It took 5 bullets to down him.The tough guys in Oakland and Richmond in the east bay where I lkive are scary as h*ll . Eye contact is a big mistake .I stay away from it.It's one sad mess.Peace BEz

go bowe
10-02-2005, 01:19 AM

I recall growing up and the cops back then could deal with drunken kids without needing to shock the piss out of them.i dunno...

as i recall, it was damned shocking to wake up in jail... :p :p :p

Otter
10-02-2005, 01:21 AM
I'd have to agree that tazers are being used a little liberally lately. But that’s just me.

go bowe
10-02-2005, 01:30 AM
you youngsters are too young (rredundadundant again) to remember routine police brutality...

before pepper spray, before tasers, before fancy batons, there were billy clubs and saps...

a sap is basically a piece of lead wrapped in a leather case with a handle...

one pop to anywhere on your head and it was good night, sometimes permanently...

very popular in the south, as i recall from the 60's...

Otter
10-02-2005, 03:09 AM
you youngsters are too young (rredundadundant again) to remember routine police brutality...

before pepper spray, before tasers, before fancy batons, there were billy clubs and saps...

a sap is basically a piece of lead wrapped in a leather case with a handle...

one pop to anywhere on your head and it was good night, sometimes permanently...

very popular in the south, as i recall from the 60's...

They're called a "blackjack" these days. Still in use unless you're conducting business by government standards.

The government has laws ya know.

Come to a contract debate on the east coast where unions are involved and you'll be able to pick one up as a souvenir.

DenverChief
10-02-2005, 08:57 AM
Let them use pepper spray if they want something like that.

Pepperspray is worse becasue the effects last for hours after you have been sprayed....with the taser once the 5 seconds is over the pain is over

Phobia
10-02-2005, 09:01 AM
How many people has pepper spray killed?

DenverChief
10-02-2005, 10:10 AM
How many people has pepper spray killed?

Actually I don't know the exact numbers but I knoe at least recently there have been a few fatalities form people with asthma...

Demonpenz
10-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Involved in at least 60 US deaths, pepper spray can be used to punish cunruly¦ criminal suspects, mete out street justice, and quell civil unrest.