PDA

View Full Version : FFL Trade advice

chop
10-01-2005, 08:48 PM
I've been offered Brett Favre, Joe Horn, J.J. Arrington for Joey Harrington and Kevin Jones.

The scoring in this league is 1pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving. Players also get 1 pt. for every reception. Passing is 1pt. for every 25 yards. TD's are 6 pts.

This is a 12 team league. Every team has 22 players.

My team is as follows:

QB- M. Vick, J. Harrington, M. Brunell
RB- J. Jones, K. Jones, S. Davis, M. Moore, K. Barlow, F. Gore, M. Faulk
WR- Santana Moss, D. Stallworth, S. Parker
TE- J. Shockey, B. Franks

I do have another trade pending- I'm sending Brandon Jacobs for D. Driver (and cash). This trade has been accepted and awaiting league approval.

So do I do it?

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Joe horn is is def worth that alone

JOhn
10-01-2005, 08:54 PM
yea, I would. I have Horn in two leagues and he has really helped me out a lot.

chop
10-01-2005, 08:57 PM
This guy has been after Julius Jones with every other trade offer but I didn't want to give him up but for K. Jones I'm leaning towards taking the trade.

Mr. Rat Fink
10-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Any fantasy player whose last name ends with -arrington is worthless. That said, I would take the trade. You're kind of heavy in the RB department at the expense of your WRs. After the trade, drop M. Faulk and pick up one of the decent FA wideouts like Joey Galloway, Michael Jenkins, etc.

Simplex3
10-01-2005, 09:37 PM
The only potential downside would be if Kevin Jones repeats last year's performance and comes on strong late.

chop
10-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Any fantasy player whose last name ends with -arrington is worthless. That said, I would take the trade. You're kind of heavy in the RB department at the expense of your WRs. After the trade, drop M. Faulk and pick up one of the decent FA wideouts like Joey Galloway, Michael Jenkins, etc.

Didn't I say 12 team 22 player league. Those kind of guys are already on somebodies roster. :)

chop
10-01-2005, 10:22 PM
The only potential downside would be if Kevin Jones repeats last year's performance and comes on strong late.

There lies my dilema. If he has another year like last year than I'm sitting good. If the first couple of games are any indication as to the year he's going to have then I need to bail right away. If Garcia comes in and takes Harringtons spot then I'm short at QB. Who knows how long Brunell will start and Vick has been inconsistant so far in his career.

patteeu
10-01-2005, 10:55 PM
There lies my dilema. If he has another year like last year than I'm sitting good. If the first couple of games are any indication as to the year he's going to have then I need to bail right away. If Garcia comes in and takes Harringtons spot then I'm short at QB. Who knows how long Brunell will start and Vick has been inconsistant so far in his career.

First, Garcia is on IR so he won't be coming in. Unless Detroit signs someone, Harrington will most likely continue to play.

I wouldn't do the trade. I know that Kevin Jones hasn't done anything this year, but JJ Arrington hasn't either and I think it's less likely that he'll turn it on than KJones. You've got JJones and SDavis, but after that, I don't like your RBs much (who knows if MMoore is going to be able to stick in the starting lineup in Minnesota). I'd stick with the depth at RB rather than going for the upgrade at WR.

KCChiefsMan
10-01-2005, 11:27 PM
I would do it, I drafted Kevin Jones with my 2nd pick.....ouch! I hope tomorrow he gives me a decent game, but I would do the trade, Favre isn't going to be crappy all year long, at least he'll be better than Harrington. Joe Horn is consistent and I think that it would be worth it for ya!

chop
10-02-2005, 10:51 AM
What does the morning crew think about this trade opportunity?

PHOG
10-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Hmmm...I would do it, you upgrade 2 positions, while slightly downgrading 1 position, unless Jones starts to take off later.

Don't see him having a good game today, but you might want to check his schedule down the road. :shrug: