PDA

View Full Version : What's all this crap about Shanny makes the right moves

Tuckdaddy
10-01-2005, 08:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2177158

They have proven nothing but they can win two home games. Big deal, their d-line did a good job against our O-line that was missing both starting tackles.

Let me tell you something Clayton. Their so called super additions from the Browns have never lasted a whole season. In late November and December these guys will be worn out and sucking wind.

We will eat them alive at Arrowhead.

|Zach|
10-01-2005, 08:51 PM
They have gotten it done on D-Line so far. They deserve credit.

Will it last? Who knows...

mikey23545
10-01-2005, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't pick right after a major-league ass-whipping by the Donks to start talking smack....

KCChiefsFan88
10-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Blah Blah Blah, the Donks have one good game (usually against the Chiefs in Denver) and the media gets all giddy over their chances for the rest of the season.

Remember last year after week 1 when the media proclaimed Quentin Griffin the next great Denver RB, and what did he do the rest of the season and where is he now.

Deberg_1990
10-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Dont worry, The Colts will still kick their ass..

jspchief
10-01-2005, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't pick right after a major-league ass-whipping by the Donks to start talking smack....No kidding. Poor timing.

Color Red
10-01-2005, 10:57 PM
During the offseason here in Colorado, football fans were mostly silent, mostly uncommitted about the moves that Shanahan made with the Broncos. Many felt embarrassed talking to friends about the new "Brown-co" line, drafting Maurice, then a bunch of cornerbacks. Oh yes, then there was Ron Dayne, most people just kept their mouths shut. In the preseason the Broncos rolled and people's hope went up. After the third preseason game, I suspected that by year's end people might be hailing Shanny as a genius again, even though by then Clarett had all but gone bust. There was the Miami loss, then they struggled to beat SD at home, and rolled over the Chiefs. Now people think the Broncs are on their way. I wonder how they'll get out of Jacksonville alive.

Shanahan rolled the dice big time in the offseason, especially at running back. But if you are going to gamble, I guess you should do it alot, to increase your number of individual chances of something to go right. Sure I look at the Clarett draft now as a throwaway, and it looks like a waste. There was Jerry Rice too, and that went away. But if Dayne emerges for them, and if their defensive line continues to exert itself, and these factors take more pressure off of The Snake .., like I said, by year's end, they'll be calling Shanahan a genius again.

Poor Bronco fans see their team roll at Invesco, and then get rolled on the road, and they don't know what to make of it. Are the Broncos who we saw in the opener against Miami, or are they the Monday night victors who look like world beaters at altitude?

The Jacksonville game is crucial, with regard to our (Chiefs) competition in the AFC West. Our schedule is identical to the Broncos, except for two conference games that each of us have. Even the matchups with the NFC East are identical, home and away. There are three strategic differences, maybe four: the Broncos two odd scheduled games are at Jacksonville (tomorrow) and vs. Baltimore on December 11. The Chiefs odd scheduled games are at Houston and vs. Cincinnati at the season's end. What the Bengals and KC have to play for will be critical to the outcome of that game. Houston (SHOULD) appear to be an easier road game of the odd scheduled games for us. One other dif: Broncos play their road game against the Bills on December 17, we play our game there on November 13. That can be a factor. So we'll see what happens. If Denver wins against the Jaguars, look out for them.

Yes you're right, I'm a Chiefs fan living in Colorado with too much time on my hands. Tee it up. Let's play.

easymobee
10-01-2005, 11:13 PM
What's all this crap about Shanny makes the right moves

Don't Worry ....

Couple of more games like KC played on Monday night and they'll be too busy talking about how KC's "moves" were the wrong ones (D) to give Denver props.

Dartgod
10-01-2005, 11:35 PM
We got owned. Until we show up for a game at Invesco, we have no room to bitch.

|Zach|
10-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Watch out folks, Tuckdaddy is about to tell all of you how mean you are.

C-Mac
10-01-2005, 11:44 PM
One word...Trevor Price

Halfcan
10-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Yeah I remeber thinking Housto was going to be easy at home-the home opener that is. There are no easy games.

Rausch
10-02-2005, 03:59 AM
I wouldn't pick right after a major-league ass-whipping by the Donks to start talking smack....

Worked for Joe Frazier...

Tuckdaddy
10-02-2005, 08:34 AM
Watch out folks, Tuckdaddy is about to tell all of you how mean you are.

I save all insults just for you. I thought you hated all my posts, but here you are like always.

Don't you have something else to do like......STUDY! I know your grades can't be great, they can't be when all you do is drink and answer my posts.

Taco John
10-04-2005, 04:52 PM
For all the smack talked about Shanahan's moves, Rod Smith was the first undrafted free agent to ever break the 10,000 yard mark. This is a guy who caught passes from John Elway, Bubby Brister, Brian Griese, Steve Beuerlein, Danny Kannell and Jake Plummer.

vailpass
10-04-2005, 04:56 PM

They have proven nothing but they can win two home games. Big deal, their d-line did a good job against our O-line that was missing both starting tackles.

Let me tell you something Clayton. Their so called super additions from the Browns have never lasted a whole season. In late November and December these guys will be worn out and sucking wind.

Honest question: do you think any differently now that Denver went into Jacksonville and shut them down?

C-Mac
10-04-2005, 04:57 PM
For all the smack talked about Shanahan's moves, Rod Smith was the first undrafted free agent to ever break the 10,000 yard mark. This is a guy who caught passes from John Elway, Bubby Brister, Brian Griese, Steve Beuerlein, Danny Kannell and Jake Plummer.

TD was his real claim to fame.....he didnt draft Smith

vailpass
10-04-2005, 05:00 PM
TD was his real claim to fame.....

God he was good. His knee injury was tragic, he could have done so much. No matter what your team is you gotta' admit he was fun to watch.
I know this is a Chiefs board, I'm just sayin'...

Taco John
10-04-2005, 05:00 PM
TD was his real claim to fame.....

One of many... Rod Smith... Eddie McCaffrey and Terrell Davis are all household names who were nobodies before Shanahan. And if you want to pin all their success on Elway, consider that Rod Smith and Eddie McCaffery both had 100 catch seasons with Brian Griese at quarterback.

Other Shanahan products include Ian Gold, Al Wilson, Trevor Pryce, and DJ Williams. And there's also George Foster and Mike Anderson to consider. Add to that the Bailey trade and securing a first round in next years draft, and Shanahan doesn't look so bad at all.

And this is all before considering if the Brown-co experiment is a success or failure.

C-Mac
10-04-2005, 05:02 PM
One of many... Rod Smith... Eddie McCaffrey and Terrell Davis are all household names who were nobodies before Shanahan. And if you want to pin all their success on Elway, consider that Rod Smith and Eddie McCaffery both had 100 catch seasons with Brian Griese at quarterback.

Other Shanahan products include Ian Gold, Al Wilson, Trevor Pryce, and DJ Williams. And there's also George Foster and Mike Anderson to consider. Add to that the Bailey trade and securing a first round in next years draft, and Shanahan doesn't look so bad at all.

And this is all before considering if the Brown-co experiment is a success or failure.
Are you sure Shanahan drafted Smith?

CrazyHorse
10-04-2005, 05:04 PM

Well if Planahan had anticipated all this about Rod, why the hell didn't he draft him?

Like he did Maurice Clarrett.

SNR
10-04-2005, 05:04 PM
For all the smack talked about Shanahan's moves, Rod Smith was the first undrafted free agent to ever break the 10,000 yard mark. This is a guy who caught passes from John Elway, Bubby Brister, Brian Griese, Steve Beuerlein, Danny Kannell and Jake Plummer.No love for Jarious Jackson?

Taco John
10-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Are you sure Shanahan drafted Smith?

No. Smith was UNDRAFTED.

Smith was on the practice squad the year Shanahan became head coach. What Shanny DID do was cut the likes of Anthony Miller and Mike Pritchard in order to clear room on the 53 man roster and develop his talent. The rest is history.

OldTownChief
10-04-2005, 05:15 PM
As much as I hate the rat, I hate our coach more.

JBucc
10-04-2005, 05:17 PM
No. Smith was UNDRAFTED.

Smith was on the practice squad the year Shanahan became head coach. What Shanny DID do was cut the likes of Anthony Miller and Mike Pritchard in order to clear room on the 53 man roster and develop his talent. The rest is history.We should have kept Joe Horn

Taco John
10-04-2005, 05:18 PM
no doubt. I couldn't believe you kept Derrick Alexander over him. I remember that's when I first started coming here, and I caught a ton of crap for saying that Joe Horn was better than Derrick Alexander...

|Zach|
10-04-2005, 05:20 PM
I save all insults just for you. I thought you hated all my posts, but here you are like always.

Don't you have something else to do like......STUDY! I know your grades can't be great, they can't be when all you do is drink and answer my posts.
I read them because I like making fun of them and you. It is a Chiefs Planet past time. Don't let me stop you acting like you know me though...what makes you think I "drink all day" is beyond me. I am interested in that logic.

You get worked up pretty easy these days. I am not going to lie. I enjoy it.

OldTownChief
10-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Anyone that tries to argue moves between the Broncos organization and the Chiefs organization over the past 10 years is just plain foolish. Get back to the Plummer vs. Green issue where we at least have a snowballs chance in hell of competing.

Chief Faithful
10-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Blah Blah Blah, the Donks have one good game (usually against the Chiefs in Denver) and the media gets all giddy over their chances for the rest of the season.

Remember last year after week 1 when the media proclaimed Quentin Griffin the next great Denver RB, and what did he do the rest of the season and where is he now.

Denver always starts fast under Shanarat and Chiefs usually start slow under DV. Its terrible scheduling that we played Denver in pile high early the last few years.

I have faith, as like most years, the Donks will have a mid-season swoon and not fully recover. Then the Chiefs, who typically are hot in December, will return the smack at Arrowhead.

C-Mac
10-04-2005, 06:01 PM
No. Smith was UNDRAFTED.

Smith was on the practice squad the year Shanahan became head coach. What Shanny DID do was cut the likes of Anthony Miller and Mike Pritchard in order to clear room on the 53 man roster and develop his talent. The rest is history.

You know what I meant.... he had nothing to do with him being in the Bronco camp. Its like saying he was a football genius for keeping Elway.
Sorry, cant give Shanahan much credit for Smith.

alanm
10-04-2005, 06:10 PM

I hate to say this but SHUT THE F*CK UP!! Haven't you guys learned anything over the last 2 weeks. We've just got the shit kicked out of us the last two games and still people persist about projecting victorys.
It drives me nuts. :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :shake: