PDA

View Full Version : Bomb suicide at OU-KState game.

chefsos
10-01-2005, 10:19 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-10-01-ou-blast_x.htm?csp=24

Cops: One dead at University of Oklahoma after explosion
From wire and newspaper reports

NORMAN, Okla. One person was killed in an explosion in a traffic circle about 100 yards from a packed football stadium at the University of Oklahoma on Saturday night in what authorities were calling a suicide.
"We are apparently dealing with an individual suicide, which is under full investigation," OU President David Boren said in a statement.

The loud noise of the explosion could be heard inside Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, where 84,000 people were watching the Oklahoma Sooners play Kansas State.

Officers cordoned off an area west of the stadium after the explosion and nobody was allowed out of the stadium immediately after the blast, which occurred shortly before 8 p.m., about halftime of the game. People were allowed out about 30 minutes later.

About 9 p.m. a police bomb squad detonated explosives found at the site of the blast.

Jaclyn Hull, an OU freshman, said she was leaving the game shortly before the explosion.

"We saw a little bit of smoke, about as much as you would see coming up from a grill," she said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Hydrae
10-01-2005, 10:22 PM
:eek:

Chiefs Pantalones
10-01-2005, 10:23 PM
That's messed up.

Skip Towne
10-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Well, that crunks!!!!!

Chieficus
10-01-2005, 10:29 PM
About 9 p.m. a police bomb squad detonated explosives found at the site of the blast.

Hmmm, from the sounds of it, they were going for a bigger explosion than what they got. Though from the description, if its was in the area I think it was in, there's usually not a lot of people on that side of the Stadium on game days, especially around half-time, fortuneately...

Yosef_Malkovitch
10-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Huh. I wonder if this is going to become commonplace over here just like it is in Israel?

Without knowing whether the person who did it was acting independently or not it's hard to say for sure. I haven't read anything else on it but then again I've been working on a paper all night and haven't checked the news.

chefsos
10-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Huh. I wonder if this is going to become commonplace over here just like it is in Israel?

Without knowing whether the person who did it was acting independently or not it's hard to say for sure. I haven't read anything else on it but then again I've been working on a paper all night and haven't checked the news.
Yeah, I don't know if this is at all terror related, but if it's just a suicide, some style points are due. Well, to the next of kin, anyway.

opraider
10-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Damn K-State fans, trying to ruin a good time for everybody!

LiL stumppy
10-02-2005, 01:05 AM
I nevewr thought I would hear that.Atleast he didnt set it off around alot of people.

Phobia
10-02-2005, 01:16 AM
I nevewr thought I would hear that.Atleast he didnt set it off around alot of people.

Uh. Are they still teaching reading in Missouri schools?

explosion in a traffic circle about 100 yards from a packed football stadium...Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, where 84,000 people were watching...

Coach
10-02-2005, 01:50 AM
Ouch. pwned.

RedDread
10-02-2005, 06:18 AM
Damn, that's messed up. I wonder if he was a student here?