PDA

View Full Version : We should actually be 1-2 if you think about it.

blsilks
10-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Concerns going into Week 4:
1. Where did the offense go?
2. Defense is still giving up big plays such as the Randy Moss TD that was overshadowed by a bogus penalty. Remember the problem with out defense wasn’t always the ability to just defend well consistently. It was that they always gave up big plays like they did last week against Denver. So what if we have fast guys who make big plays. We are still giving up the big plays as well.
3. Vermeil upset about Bailey’s remarks? Bailey said that we weren’t playing hard on monday night and that made Vermeil mad. Well if Vermeil was right and we were playing hard then we are in big trouble.
4. Chiefs vs Eagles – Owens scares me especially if he lines up against McCleon.

4th and Long
10-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Coulda, shoulda, woulda ...

If, if and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Let it go, rookie. You can't make a solid case one way or the other.

RINGLEADER
10-02-2005, 10:41 AM
All valid points, but why keep going back to week 2 to try and find a way we could have lost?

blsilks
10-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Im just saying that im freakin out. Im in year 15 or 16 or whatever of Carls plan. Im losing confidence.

NaptownChief
10-02-2005, 10:43 AM
If we get our asses kicked today the Chiefs could have easily had a 1-3 start and be mailing it in but that didn't happen and hopefully it is a 3-1 start even if it hasn't looked great. The Eagles, Pats and Steelers have all made a living winning ugly over the last several years. I don't mind joining them.

blsilks
10-02-2005, 10:45 AM
I would rather have the Chiefs flat out destroy everybody for the next 5 years winning 5 Super Bowls in a row and going down in history as the most dominant team ever.

petegz28
10-02-2005, 10:45 AM
I swear people who sit there and say we "should be worse than we are" are nothing more that fools. We aren't 1-2. Therefore to say we should be is just an exercise in idiocy.

blsilks
10-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Really petegz28? i guess its stupid to say that the Patriots really beat the Steelers as well even though they might as well been handed the game by the refs.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Nice thread...

headsnap
10-02-2005, 10:48 AM
we could be, but we're not....

SCOREBOARD!!!

blsilks
10-02-2005, 10:48 AM
When players screw up games and lose then Shoulda, woulda, coulda goes right out the door however when refs screw up games then we have a problem.

4th and Long
10-02-2005, 10:49 AM
When players screw up games and lose then Shoulda, woulda, coulda goes right out the door however when refs screw up games then we have a problem.
THE SKY IS FALLING! RUN CHICKEN LITTLE! RUN! :rolleyes:

blsilks
10-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Its amazing how people have no honor in the game and will happily take a bogus td or even a bogus win.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-02-2005, 10:54 AM
when I think about it, I always win :)

JOhn
10-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Its amazing how people have no honor in the game and will happily take a bogus td or even a bogus win.
It happens in nearly EVERY game that is played. Somewere in that game is a penalty that you could argue changed the game, and teams that are good find a way to overcome. Get a freaking grip!!! :shake:

Deberg_1990
10-02-2005, 10:56 AM

So according to your line of thinking then, the Patriots should not have won 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls and we should have been 4-0 last year instead of 0-4??? A team is what it is.........Just accept it.

headsnap
10-02-2005, 10:56 AM
what game should we have lost because of the refs? :shrug:

morphius
10-02-2005, 10:59 AM
Again, in the Raiders game they had one that should have been taken away that wasn't, then a couple that were taken away, one obvious less obvious. We also had one taken away on a penalty. It all kind of evens out. And when you have 4 downs at the end of the game to get the win and can't, you lose. Get over it already.

blsilks
10-02-2005, 11:00 AM
what game should we have lost because of the refs? :shrug:

I was refering to the Raider game where Randy Moss clearly caught that TD and it was taken away from him for offense pass interferance.

headsnap
10-02-2005, 11:02 AM
I was refering to the Raider game where Randy Moss clearly caught that TD and it was taken away from him for offense pass interferance.

you sir have the intelligence of the average Raider fan. :shake:

simple math here, follow along...

Raiders get a TD that is taken away = 7 pts

that drive ended up with a FG = 3 pts

7-3=4

4 point difference...

WE WON BY SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23-21 is STILL A WIN!!!!!!!!

4th and Long
10-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Wow. You're an idiot.

1. The Raider have been cheating bastards for decades. Having a call go against them is simply called karma.

2. Even though the NFL said the flag was thrown in error, what they failed to mention was on the other TD he caught, he pushed off bigger than shit and there was no flag thrown. That's called an even trade.

CosmicPal
10-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Concerns going into Week 4:
1. Where did the offense go?

Did you ever hear of a thing called INJURIES and suspension?: Roaf and Welbourne are gone. Richardson hasn't been 100%.

2. Defense is still giving up big plays such as the Randy Moss TD that was overshadowed by a bogus penalty. Remember the problem with out defense wasn’t always the ability to just defend well consistently. It was that they always gave up big plays like they did last week against Denver. So what if we have fast guys who make big plays. We are still giving up the big plays as well.

The D has a lot of new faces- the entire LBing and DB crew are almost entirely new. Again, INJURIES and a suspension hurt us in this case. Warfield has been gone and losing Sims hurt.

3. Vermeil upset about Bailey’s remarks? Bailey said that we weren’t playing hard on monday night and that made Vermeil mad. Well if Vermeil was right and we were playing hard then we are in big trouble.

DV was upset about the game and stupid questions like that one from ignorant reporters.

4. Chiefs vs Eagles – Owens scares me especially if he lines up against McCleon.

Don't worry, Surtain and some safety help will take Owens. Gun is NOT going to put his smallest DB against a guy who is over 6 ft tall- Owens would win every time. Whomever takes Owens will most likely get help from Knight and/or Wesley.

4th and Long
10-02-2005, 11:05 AM

Randy Moss and the Raiders get a TD that is taken away = 7 pts

7-3=4

4 point difference...

And then there's that. ROFL

Rausch
10-02-2005, 11:16 AM
:shake:

http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Crap-Parental_Advisory.gif

RINGLEADER
10-02-2005, 11:40 AM

7-3=4

4 point difference...

[crickets chirping...]

Skip Towne
10-02-2005, 11:40 AM
The only intelligent reply to this thread......................Duh!!!

SNR
10-02-2005, 12:10 PM
If we won last week's game in Denver $10 says this thread isn't posted.

We looked like shit last week. IT'S ONE GAME. Good God, if we win today we're 3-1 going into a bye week where we get our Oline back (Roaf AND Welbourne) as well as Warfield.

I seriously doubt if we go 15-1 on the year you'll be saying "yeah, but we should be 14-2."

4th and Long
10-02-2005, 12:12 PM
If we won last week's game in Denver $10 says this thread isn't posted.

We looked like shit last week. IT'S ONE GAME. Good God, if we win today we're 3-1 going into a bye week where we get our Oline back (Roaf AND Welbourne) as well as Warfield.

I seriously doubt if we go 15-1 on the year you'll be saying "yeah, but we should be 14-2."
Correct on all accounts. Here you go ...
http://www.photospin.com/content/photos/thumb/0460038.jpg

SNR
10-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Correct on all accounts. Here you go ...
http://www.photospin.com/content/photos/thumb/0460038.jpgSorry, I only accept rep :p

4th and Long
10-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Sorry, I only accept rep :p
Nag, nag, nag ... ROFL

Rudy lost the toss
10-02-2005, 12:16 PM

7-3=4

4 point difference...

you forgot to add the 3 when they were in FG position at the end of the game. But If that TD is scored it probably changes the whole game and the score could have been completely different with either team winning

4th and Long
10-02-2005, 12:19 PM
you forgot to add the 3 when they were in FG position at the end of the game. But If that TD is scored it probably changes the whole game and the score could have been completely different with either team winning
Or ... a meteor could have fallen out of the sky and destroyed the enitre Raider bench. Or ... another California earthquake could have struck and swallowed our bench ...

Give it up with the ifs and buts already. Sheeesh ...

headsnap
10-02-2005, 12:20 PM
were they robbed by the refs on that 3? :spock:

as to your 2nd point - DUH!

Rudy lost the toss
10-02-2005, 12:22 PM
were they robbed by the refs on that 3? :spock:

as to your 2nd point - DUH!
I was just pointing out it wasn't simple math...JEEZ

headsnap
10-02-2005, 12:52 PM
I was just pointing out it wasn't simple math...JEEZ
it is simple math if you keep the whole space/time continuium thingie out of it... :p

funny how life works.

had I not stubbed my toe on the playground in third grade, I would probabally be married to Denise Richards today...

PastorMikH
10-02-2005, 01:13 PM

No Sir Mr. Davis. Our team didn't play up to par, we don't deserve the win. Here, you take it.

FWIW, it seems to me that even if we didn't deserve the W at Oakland, they obviously didn't play well enough to deserve it either or they would have won it.

Bottom line in Oakland, we WOULDN'T have won that game if our D hadn't stepped up at the end of the game. THEY, THE D, EARNED that W.

petegz28
10-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Really petegz28? i guess its stupid to say that the Patriots really beat the Steelers as well even though they might as well been handed the game by the refs.

Right, sure, whatever you say. Keep making your excuses. Shit happens.