PDA

View Full Version : How in the world did Vermeil ever win a super bowl?

Mr. Krab
10-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Chiefs are inconsistent,undisciplined and soft
Our in game coaching is horrendous
coaching staff is incapable of making adjustments
Vermeil doesn't have the first clue about challenges,when to go for it etc.

No way two players(warfield,roaf) should make this big of difference.

absolutely pathetic

Baby Lee
10-02-2005, 05:06 PM
Chiefs are inconsistent,undisciplined and soft
Our in game coaching is horrendous
coaching staff is incapable of making adjustments
Vermeil doesn't have the first clue about challenges,when to go for it etc.

No way two players(warfield,roaf) should make this big of difference.

absolutely pathetic
He walked into a team so mired in suckiness they'd had great draft picks. His talent evaluators made great picks and the kicks he inherited stepped it up at the right time. No coach on earth could **** up the 99 Rams.

Deberg_1990
10-02-2005, 05:16 PM
He walked into a team so mired in suckiness they'd had great draft picks. His talent evaluators made great picks and the kicks he inherited stepped it up at the right time. No coach on earth could **** up the 99 Rams.

Somewhat true but they also benifitted that year from a truly easy schedule. The NFC West at the time was also very very weak. In fact if i remember correctly, the 2 losses they had that year in the regular season were both to teams with winning records. Their other 14 wins came against teams with losing records.

SNR
10-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Somewhat true but they also benifitted that year from a truly easy schedule. The NFC West at the time was also very very weak. In fact if i remember correctly, the 2 losses they had that year in the regular season were both to teams with winning records. Their other 14 wins came against teams with losing records.They still won in the postseason, though.

Baby Lee
10-02-2005, 05:20 PM
They still won in the postseason, though.
Hows that working out over here?

Mr. Krab
10-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Watch Vermeil during the game, when things go wrong he doesn't seem to have a clue about what to do. I'm pretty much glad that this is his last year, regardless of what happens the rest of the year.

he sucks

B_Ambuehl
10-02-2005, 06:35 PM
It all starts up front with DVs teams and, other then the first quarter today, the offense hasn't been able to execute. That '99 rams team had the best pass protection I've ever seen. The Chiefs have had the best O line in football the past 3 years. That's the main thing missing right now.

He's always let someone else handle the defense and right now that guy isn't looking like he's doing a very good job with the pieces he has to play around with.

Area 51
10-02-2005, 06:38 PM
How in the world did Vermeil ever win a super bowl?

More points I believe.

wolfpack0735
10-02-2005, 06:39 PM
ther is 5 guys on the line(excluding a te) none are looking very whoopie right now. will roaf make a difference? who knows but they look old right now.

Mecca
10-02-2005, 06:41 PM
The 99 Rams had the best offense in the history of football, that's how. Marshall Faulk in his prime was 5 times what Priest Holmes is, then add in 2 great WR's and well anyone could coach that.

Ultra Peanut
10-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Marshall Faulk in his prime was 5 times what Priest Holmes is
http://letsgetretardedmash.ytmnd.com/

VonneMarie
10-02-2005, 06:52 PM
The 99 Rams had the best offense in the history of football, that's how. Marshall Faulk in his prime was 5 times what Priest Holmes is, then add in 2 great WR's and well anyone could coach that.
They also had a top 10 D.

Cochise
10-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Watch Vermeil during the game, when things go wrong he doesn't seem to have a clue about what to do. I'm pretty much glad that this is his last year, regardless of what happens the rest of the year.

he sucks

Damn, I had no clue that anyone on the sideline posted here.

So what is he saying into the headset? Will you tell us what the others are saying? Does he tell you personally he doesn't know what to do, or what? Should he go over and hug everyone? Make kissy faces?

I can't believe we have Vermeil, with all the potential hall of fame coaches posting here on this message board.

Mr. Krab
10-02-2005, 07:09 PM
Damn, I had no clue that anyone on the sideline posted here.
I'll just ignore the rest of the smartass crap you posted as the worthless drivel it is.

I don't need to listen into his sideline conversations, the proof is in the results. We've been making virtually the same mistakes and had the same problems for Vermeil's entire tenure.

Maybe Vermeil knows how to solve the problems but he just chooses not to because he doesn't think us disloyal fans deserve to win.

Yea, that's it. :hmmm:

Cochise
10-02-2005, 07:12 PM
I'll just ignore the rest of the smartass crap you posted as the worthless drivel it is.

I don't need to listen into his sideline conversations, the proof is in the results. We've been making virtually the same mistakes and had the same problems for Vermeil's entire tenure.

Maybe Vermeil knows how to solve the problems but he just chooses not to because he doesn't think us disloyal fans deserve to win.

Yea, that's it. :hmmm:

Which one are you? Tom Landry? Don Shula? Lombardi posting from beyond the grave?

Only a true legend could be able to evaluate a coach through 2 or 3 second airtime chunks.

Can I have your autograph?

Count Zarth
10-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Isn't it obvious?

Luck.

The game has passed Vermeil by. On gameday, he's practically worthless.

Mr. Krab
10-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Which one are you? Tom Landry? Don Shula? Lombardi posting from beyond the grave?

Only a true legend could be able to evaluate a coach through 2 or 3 second airtime chunks.

Can I have your autograph?
So then you agree, you don't have an answer and just prefer to mouth off instead of dealing with reality. Nice.

Bottomline, better coaches have done more with less talent. It's time for Vermeil to hit the bricks and take all his cronies like Giunta,White and Hairston with him.