PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, will Warfield and Roaf make that much of a difference?

kcjayhawks5
10-02-2005, 06:07 PM
ok we get warfield back after this week but what kind of condition will he be in? will he be ready? Will he even START? roaf will make a difference but how much? i didnt think that our offense would suffer that much without roaf. Man was i wrong. I mean we only lost 1 lineman. When roaf comes back i hope our "high powered" offense comes back with him. discuss

Chan93lx50
10-02-2005, 06:09 PM
I hope so, but I doubt it!

the Talking Can
10-02-2005, 06:13 PM
uh, no

GoTrav
10-02-2005, 06:14 PM
hope so :banghead:

Fruit Ninja
10-02-2005, 06:16 PM
This is not a good football team right now. They i dont see any want in them.

Chan93lx50
10-02-2005, 06:19 PM
This team plays with absolutely no heart!

Halfcan
10-02-2005, 06:19 PM
Without a dominate Def tackle-no.

CosmicPal
10-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Yes.

Did you really expect the Chiefs to be 3-1 with this kind of schedule?

Injuries and suspensions killed them- they get a badly needed bye week, they get several players returning, and they get a softer schedule from here on out.

picasso
10-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Yes.

Did you really expect the Chiefs to be 3-1 with this kind of schedule?

Injuries and suspensions killed them- they get a badly needed bye week, they get several players returning, and they get a softer schedule from here on out.

Redskins are 3-0. What is soft about that? Their history? They are on a high right now. Pisses me off that Saunders can't stay agressive after a lead playing paralell to the line of scrimmage and running through the center of our crappy Oline on first down and not expecting stunts from the DE's. STUPID!!! :cuss:

wolfpack0735
10-02-2005, 06:51 PM
before the season started 2-2 looked good but not now. 2 poor showings by the defense and 3 for the offense. next up redskins who havent lost yet

FringeNC
10-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Roaf might make a big difference on offense, but Warfield won't matter. The D gets dominated at the line of scrimmage and is poorly coached.

Chan93lx50
10-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Roaf might make a big difference on offense, but Warfield won't matter. The D gets dominated at the line of scrimmage and is poorly coached.

Dominated, heh thats kind of an understatement. How about totally ass raped

tk13
10-02-2005, 07:06 PM
I don't think there's any way anyone can say at this point that a healthy Roaf wouldn't make a massive difference. We'll see with Warfield. If he comes back and it allows us to get out of the "bend bend bend bend then break" deep zone coverage then yeah, it'll help, I hope.

B_Ambuehl
10-02-2005, 07:09 PM
Roaf will make a humongous difference and Welbourn could make a difference if you could put him in at right tackle. Warfield won't make any difference whatsoever he's still a converted safety playing pressure defense as a corner.

What happened to the offense was Philly brought everybody up and jammed the line to stop the run, pressure the quarterback, and jump the short passing game, which is what produced the yards in the first quarter. That effectively killed the running game and the short passing game and neither of the offensive tackles could protect long enough to afford Trent enough time to get the ball down the field. That's pretty much all there is to it. The only thing responsible for the offenses inability to produce from where I sat was the inability of either of the offensive tackles to get a block. Same as last week against Denver. Bring Roaf back and you improved that by 50%.

KCFANinNC
10-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Roaf will make a humongous difference and Welbourn could make a difference if you could put him in at right tackle. Warfield won't make any difference whatsoever he's still a converted safety playing pressure defense as a corner.

What happened to the offense was Philly brought everybody up and jammed the line to stop the run, pressure the quarterback, and jump the short passing game, which is what produced the yards in the first quarter. That effectively killed the running game and the short passing game and neither of the offensive tackles could protect long enough to afford Trent enough time to get the ball down the field. That's pretty much all there is to it. The only thing responsible for the offenses inability to produce from where I sat was the inability of either of the offensive tackles to get a block. Same as last week against Denver. Bring Roaf back and you improved that by 50%.

I agree, except the 2 missed sacks (1 by 69 that resulted in a TD) and the LJ & Hall fumbles did not help.

B_Ambuehl
10-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Oh yeah and of course the turnovers. That interception Trent threw that was returned for a touchdown is a perfect illustration of what I was talking about with the Eagles defense though. They brought everybody down to jump the short routes and take away the runs. In addition to that interception there were 4 or 5 batted balls....guys hanging out at the line of scrimmage waitining to jump those short routes. When DV and Saunders started calling plays trying to go downfield neither of the offensive tackles could hold up long enough.

wolfpack0735
10-02-2005, 08:24 PM
our takles $uck but how do you explain the other three lineman not looking that good?

Deberg_1990
10-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Oh yeah and of course the turnovers. That interception Trent threw that was returned for a touchdown is a perfect illustration of what I was talking about with the Eagles defense though. They brought everybody down to jump the short routes and take away the runs. In addition to that interception there were 4 or 5 batted balls....guys hanging out at the line of scrimmage waitining to jump those short routes. When DV and Saunders started calling plays trying to go downfield neither of the offensive tackles could hold up long enough.

Very, very good points. They completly took away the short routes. They knew with their pass rush our tackles wouldnt hold long enough for the routes to develop.

dirk digler
10-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Roaf and Welborne will make a very huge difference. I expect that against Washington our O will turn it up a notch or 3 and dominate the Skins.

Warfield will help but as I stated when I went to training camp our D-Line sucks major ass.

BTW there in an interesting stat about Roaf. When Roaf didn't play because of an injury the Saints/Chiefs have a record of 4-12.

Tuckdaddy
10-02-2005, 08:33 PM
It will make a big difference but this is team is dead on the defensive line and that will kill us even if we pull a miracle and make the playoffs.

B_Ambuehl
10-02-2005, 08:37 PM
our takles $uck but how do you explain the other three lineman not looking that good

Well I just got through going through the offensive collapse and looking at the protection on each play. Waters and Wiegmann have been awesome all year. Shields is great in the running game but he gave up 3 pressures today that he shouldn't have. When Welbourn comes back it might be time to start thinking about giving him some more playing time in there at right guard.

Simplex3
10-02-2005, 08:37 PM
our takles $uck but how do you explain the other three lineman not looking that good?
Age.

Simplex3
10-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Unless Roaf or Warfield can run a deep pass route it won't matter.

The need to send Parker down field on a freaking go route. Straight up the field. If he isn't open throw it 15 yards over his head, but at least make them think about the fact that we can and will go deep. Philly adjusted to the fact that we were afraid to even THINK deep and jumped the short routes faster than the receivers could run them.

Count Alex's Losses
10-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Did you miss the deep pass to Kennison in the first quarter?