PDA

View Full Version : We have a Bye Week, they better not take the week off...

Ari Chi3fs
10-02-2005, 05:08 PM
They better practice like crazy... they dont deserve ANY time off... go to practice TOMORROW. You ****ing ****s! Learn how to ****ing catch a ball and learn how to defend against the ****ing pass!

KingPriest2
10-03-2005, 07:21 AM
They are off for the week :banghead:

Mr. Krab
10-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Vermeil will give them a hug and tell them to get away for awhile.

NewChief
10-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Hate to tell you, but they're getting the entire week off.

Katipan
10-03-2005, 11:13 AM
I hope Jared Allen practices 22 hours a day.

Alec R
10-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Well, at least you Chef fans are pissed about the week off business. Id be furious.

Amnorix
10-03-2005, 11:27 AM
According to Peter King they come in today then have 6 days off. :shrug:

Bowser
10-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Hopefully they'll get some valuable soul searching done in that week.

What a joke. :shake:

Donger
10-03-2005, 11:31 AM
They are off for the week :banghead:

You're kidding, right?

dirk digler
10-03-2005, 11:32 AM
From Peter King this morning.

7. I think Dick Vermeil sure is a nice boss. The Chiefs come to work today, the first day of their bye week, then have six full days off.

Count Zarth
10-03-2005, 11:33 AM
I truly hope Dick 4 Meal is gone after this year. He sucks.

chiefqueen
10-03-2005, 11:38 AM
Players have to have at least 5 consecutive days off during the bye week according to the NFLPA or else the team faces league sanctions. Usually teams work Mon & Tue of the bye week & take Wed. thru Sun. off.

eazyb81
10-03-2005, 11:47 AM

That makes two of us, I am sick of this bullshit.

Brock
10-03-2005, 11:47 AM

He may very well be gone, but I doubt you'll like who his replacement is.

Count Zarth
10-03-2005, 11:55 AM

Saunders? God I hope not.

We desperately need fresh blood in this franchise. I can live with Carl since we know he's not going anywhere. It's not like he's calling the plays and coddling the players.

Mr. Krab
10-03-2005, 11:55 AM
I think they should use this entire bye week to install an audible system into our offense. The can also work on zone defense by learning when to tighten up coverage within the zones.

No contact, No pads, No Injuries. Just plenty of brain work on both sides of the ball so we don't have a repeat performance of yesterdays debacle.

dirk digler
10-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Saunders? God I hope not.

We desperately need fresh blood in this franchise. I can live with Carl since we know he's not going anywhere. It's not like he's calling the plays and coddling the players.

As long as CP is here Saunders will not be the head coach. It will be Herm Edwards or Cowher.

Count Zarth
10-03-2005, 11:56 AM
As long as CP is here Saunders will not be the head coach. It will be Herm Edwards or Cowher.

Herm is a possibility, but I don't think Cowher is.

ArrowheadHawk
10-03-2005, 11:58 AM
yeah right like they are going to leave their teams

htismaqe
10-03-2005, 12:03 PM

That's ultimately what prompted my "rise and fall" post this morning.

I could have logged on here and gone off on a "Vermeil must go!" rant, but I've realized that the next coach will be Herm Edwards...

Brock
10-03-2005, 12:06 PM

I could have logged on here and gone off on a "Vermeil must go!" rant, but I've realized that the next coach will be Herm Edwards...

The sad thing is, Herm Edwards is beginning to look good to me....

cdcox
10-03-2005, 12:08 PM

Wow, I have so little confidence in Herm that I could probably become a disinterested fan-in-stasis during his tenure. Might be worth hoping for... :hmmm:

Count Zarth
10-03-2005, 12:10 PM
I've realized that the next coach will be Herm Edwards...

Why?

If so, do you think he's better than Vermeil? I don't think he's going to coddle his players like Dick does.

siberian khatru
10-03-2005, 12:11 PM
I think for a lot of us, we feel nothing will change until Carl is gone.

And that's not meant as an egregious Carl-bashing comment. It just means that after 16 years, you need to go in a different direction. Fresh blood, new set of eyes, that kinda stuff.

Brock
10-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Why?

If so, do you think he's better than Vermeil? I don't think he's going to coddle his players like Dick does.

Edwards does coddle his players. His motto is "Keep it positive".

Dunit35
10-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Some of you guys should probably apply for the HC job...it seems like some you know just as much..

Brock
10-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Some of you guys should probably apply for the HC job...it seems like some you know just as much..

I would bet that some of the people around here probably could do better.

htismaqe
10-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Wow, I have so little confidence in Herm that I could probably become a disinterested fan-in-stasis during his tenure. Might be worth hoping for... :hmmm:

That's the silver lining for me. If Peterson hires Herm Edwards, it will finally put me over the edge. At that point, I can stop caring about football altogether.

Count Zarth
10-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Edwards does coddle his players. His motto is "Keep it positive".

He's won a playoff game. That alone gives me a boner.

cdcox
10-03-2005, 12:31 PM

So did Marty "diamond turd" Shottenheimer.

htismaqe
10-03-2005, 12:33 PM

Are you kidding me?

Vermeil won a SUPER BOWL. It hasn't kept him from sucking shit in KC...

Simplex3
10-03-2005, 12:36 PM
No contact, No pads, No Injuries. Just plenty of brain work on both sides of the ball so we don't have a repeat performance of yesterdays debacle.
I disagree. I think we have the best two-hand-touch football team precisely because they don't hit enough in practice. Besides, it's not like they haven't had plenty of injuries even with the soft practices.

Simplex3
10-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Are you kidding me?

At what point do we decide the Chiefs are the Cardinals with a better regular season record? We've accepted playoff losses for over a decade. When is losing an institutional element?

Count Zarth
10-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Are you kidding me?

Actually, that's a good point. And the only reason Edwards won that playoff game is because Marty choked.

htismaqe
10-03-2005, 12:53 PM
At what point do we decide the Chiefs are the Cardinals with a better regular season record? We've accepted playoff losses for over a decade. When is losing an institutional element?

I know what you mean.

We're right there with the Saints and Lions. Even the Bengals and Buccaneers have been to Super Bowls in the last 25 years.