PDA

View Full Version : 2-2...

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2005, 06:14 PM
They sure choked this game away. I don't know how easily they can get over a loss like this. Horrible coaching today. I've had it with Saunders. His play selection is lousy. I want a complete coaching overhaul after this season.

2-2 is where I predicted they would be...

the Talking Can
10-02-2005, 06:15 PM
you predicted they'd get whooped and humiliated and exposed as frauds 2 games in a row?

petegz28
10-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Our season is toast more than likely. When you are up 17-0 at home and you lose that is telling.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2005, 06:16 PM
you predicted they'd get whooped and humiliated and exposed as frauds 2 games in a row?
ROFL Not exactly...

headsnap
10-02-2005, 06:17 PM
ouch!!!

the Talking Can
10-02-2005, 06:18 PM
this team has neither heart nor brains...and the coaches are terrible....I'll say it: this season is over...that one is for you Titus, enjoy

Mr. Flopnuts
10-02-2005, 06:19 PM
2-2 is where I predicted they would be...

Did you think you'd feel as bad about that 2-2 as you do? Forget it, we were all wrong. Denver isn't a 6 win team. We are. Provided we can get a lucky a time or two along the way.

elvomito
10-02-2005, 06:22 PM
quit whining, before the season everyone said they'd be happy with 2-2 going into the bye.
we get welbourne and warfield back, the the o and d won't suck large ones just medium sized meats.
2 weeks off is a needed break right now
besides, everyone who predicted 2-2, what'd you think, they'd be 1point losses?
feel fortunate that we're not in the same situation as last year.

*oh yeah, and roaf

Fruit Ninja
10-02-2005, 06:24 PM
quit whining, before the season everyone said they'd be happy with 2-2 going into the bye.
we get welbourne and warfield back, the the o and d won't suck large ones just medium sized meats.
2-2 is what most of us predicted but its how we went 2-2. these last 2 games we have played have shown the chiefs have no heart. I am sorry, but this is a bad football team right now. I never seen a choke job like this ever since i started watching the chiefs play.

Chan93lx50
10-02-2005, 06:26 PM

*oh yeah, and roaf

Yep being 2-2 is the only thing I have left to hold onto everything else is out the fooking window!

Baby Lee
10-02-2005, 06:26 PM
No offense, but there is no way around this being pure-dee STOOPID.

These two losses have exposed this team as among the worst in the league. The 49ers have a more convincing win, and were less embarassing in their losses than we. MAYBE we're better than the Texans, but we sure weren't last year.

Rausch
10-02-2005, 06:29 PM
This thread might be a bit premature...

the Talking Can
10-02-2005, 06:30 PM
This thread might be a bit premature...

nah...

Wile_E_Coyote
10-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Our season is toast more than likely. When you are up 17-0 at home and you lose that is telling.

if only your whining was toast

elvomito
10-02-2005, 06:45 PM
No offense, but there is no way around this being pure-dee STOOPID.none taken, because the perfomance has been.
here's what happened... the 17 point cushion combined with the eagles hurting themselves allowed the D to inexcusably rest on their laurels. stupid turnovers and an eagle score before the half---momentum change. mcnabb gets shot up with pain killers/cortizone/whatever during halftime and comes out like new in the 2nd half. offensive ball control isn't working. chiefs D being what they are can't adjust and they keep playing like bitches.

meanwhile, the eagles D is fired up... "they won't score again the whole game" is what they told that sideline reporter chick. and the O is as offbalance as ever.

so, can anyone disagree that if/when the offense returns to splendor, that the D will benefit immensely from that, no matter how crappy they play now?
and will you agree that maybe half of our problems will be helped by having 2 weeks off?

royr17
10-02-2005, 06:48 PM
I think what really hurts our defense is that Gunther doesnt have his own coaches and has post Robinson remaining coaches that dont know how to run a scheme like Gunther wants too.

That's where it starts with defense.

Offensive wise, I thought i'd never say this but the team misses Morton, Roaf out hurts, Shields is playin in pain, and the loss of John Tait 2 years ago really really does hurt.

the Talking Can
10-02-2005, 06:50 PM
our problems will be helped by having 2 weeks off?

well, we can't lose if we aren't playing...so that's good

royr17
10-02-2005, 06:51 PM
There was a interview with Shawn Barber a few weeks ago and he said that he is healthy, anxious and ready to get onto the field.

So there's some good news

Halfcan
10-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Sorry but I hate Welborne and Warfield-I really don't see how they will help at all. We keep gun, completely change coaches (head, Off, and special teams). Trade LJ for a top corner prospect and draft all defense. Pick up a pair of Widouts and a pair of O lineman in free agency.

SnapDogg
10-02-2005, 06:53 PM
It'z a wonder we aren't 1-3, we couldn't cover Randy Moss either but the Raiderz were too stupid to feed him the ball!

the Talking Can
10-02-2005, 06:54 PM
There was a interview with Shawn Barber a few weeks ago and he said that he is healthy, anxious and ready to get onto the field.

So there's some good news

yes, a bad LB from the worst D in the league is just the shot in the arm this team needs

elvomito
10-02-2005, 06:57 PM
speaking of barber, i remember before the 2003 season, all the coaches were on his nuts for being a complete "ball hawk" during training camp...
what great scouts we have

royr17
10-02-2005, 06:57 PM
yes, a bad LB from the worst D in the league is just the shot in the arm this team needs

Barber really isnt as bad as you think he is.

Actually Barber is a better OLB then Kendrell Bell is IMHO.

wolfpack0735
10-02-2005, 06:59 PM
gun is on the sidelines, he must not have any coaches up stairs that know a damnor they are blind. how many times do you let a owens run uncovered in the secondary? poor sucky coaching

royr17
10-02-2005, 07:02 PM
why do you make barber out to be a bad player, he was pretty good in philly, plus he didnt really have anybody good around him when he was healthy here.

he is still a better linebacker then what Kendrell Bell has looked to me.

tk13
10-02-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm not going to pretend to know what we're going to do, but the one thing with Warfield coming back is that... just maybe, we'll play less zone and start bumping WR's. I personally like pressure pressure pressure like how the Eagles D plays, but I can handle zone, that's fine, there have been some very good D's that rely on zone coverage... but we just don't cover and react well enough to stay in zone over and over and over and over. Just too many times we have guys with their feet stuck in the mud.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Sorry but I hate Welborne and Warfield-I really don't see how they will help at all. We keep gun, completely change coaches (head, Off, and special teams). Trade LJ for a top corner prospect and draft all defense. Pick up a pair of Widouts and a pair of O lineman in free agency.OMG! Please shut up about trading LJ!!!1!)NE

elvomito
10-02-2005, 07:08 PM
I'm not going to pretend to know what we're going to do, but the one thing with Warfield coming back is that... just maybe, we'll play less zone and start bumping WR's. I personally like pressure pressure pressure like how the Eagles D plays, but I can handle zone, that's fine, there have been some very good D's that rely on zone coverage... but we just don't cover and react well enough to stay in zone over and over and over and over. Just too many times we have guys with their feet stuck in the mud.
that's very true... for the life of me i can't figure out why mccleon lines up on the 1st down marker when its 3rd and 7

tk13
10-02-2005, 07:12 PM
that's very true... for the life of me i can't figure out why mccleon lines up on the 1st down marker when its 3rd and 7
Because he will get abused if he's up in man press coverage. Gunther's keeping him from getting beat deep like he did over and over last year. He's giving up all the underneath stuff rather than getting beat over the top down the sideline.

elvomito
10-02-2005, 07:19 PM
at least he had an INT today covering owens...
i'm actually happy for the guy.
jerrod allen gave pressure on that play as well, i think

tk13
10-02-2005, 07:22 PM
at least he had an INT today covering owens...
i'm actually happy for the guy.
jerrod allen gave pressure on that play as well, i think
Yeah I think he has good hands and ball awareness, but the reason that was an INT was McNabb overthrew it. McCleon was the only guy catching that ball and he made a great play on it.