PDA

View Full Version : The Truth Is That We're Just Not Very Good (and Our Sucky Coaches Don't Help)

RINGLEADER
10-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Seems hard to accept when you have as many Pro Bowlers on offense as we have and added the players on defense that we did, but the Chiefs just aren't a very good team. We have two wins against two teams that are both 1-3. Great teams beat teams like the Eagles today. Our defense isn't playing well. Our offense isn't playing well. And I can't think of another team - except maybe the Rams - that has a coaching staff that is as responsible for as many losses as our coaching staff.

The whole experiment with Priest and LJ sharing carries has to end. Priest does great until LJ enters and breaks his temp. If LJ is better then play HIM. But play the best guy and stick with him. When Priest is running for 7 ypc STICK with him.

I took crap on the game thread for calling this a must win when we were up 24-6. Truth is that this is going to be a very demoralizing bye week loss and it's going to embolden every team we see the rest of the year (just like last season).

siberian khatru
10-02-2005, 05:19 PM
When you're up 24-6, and AT HOME, it's a must-win, regardless of who the opponent is or when it happens in the season.

the Talking Can
10-02-2005, 05:21 PM
I was going to post the exact same thing...we're a 7-9 team all over again...sucks to lose hope so soon, but you can't deny that this team has no character....adios DV.....get the **** out Gun...

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-02-2005, 05:21 PM
This team has always lacked the killer instinct under Vermeil. It's time for him to retire. His plan simply doesn't work in the modern NFL.

RINGLEADER
10-02-2005, 05:23 PM
I was going to post the exact same thing...we're a 7-9 team all over again...sucks to lose hope so soon, but you can't deny that this team has no character....adios DV.....get the **** out Gun...

Another good point: Gunther Cunningham is as clueless as Al Saunders and Dick Vermeil. Good teams don't give up 300+ yards...let alone 400+ yards...at home...with a 17-0 lead.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-02-2005, 05:31 PM
What's with the play your boundaries solution to T.O.?

ROYC75
10-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Funny thing is I was drilled in the Jets game for speaking of the pass coverage giving up alot of yards. My point was , the recievers were too open....we have no pass rush at all to helpt the pass D.

RedThat
10-02-2005, 05:47 PM
Funny thing is I was drilled in the Jets game for speaking of the pass coverage giving up alot of yards. My point was , the recievers were too open....we have no pass rush at all to helpt the pass D.

Thats a real big problem. We have no passrushers from our D-Line. They don't
apply any pressure whatsoever. Yeah I agree with you there. Also, it doesnt help when your CB's are always playing off the receivers 10 yds beyond the line of scrimmage.

wolfpack0735
10-02-2005, 05:47 PM
the offense looks old. for the first time in 3 years the offense looks as bad as the defense.DAMMIT CARL :cuss: for not getting a defense the last three years.

RINGLEADER
10-02-2005, 05:49 PM

Yep...you were right.

Our defensive backfield is totally lost.

And Gunther has no clue. I know everyone around here likes the guy, but I betcha we're a 30 or worst-ranked defense this year too. The defense has no heart, no direction, and folds way too quickly when things go wrong. Gunther bears some of the responsibility for that.

Again, the report about players being called on to "go make a play" was borderline pathetic.

I'm as pessimistic about this team right now as I was optimistic after we beat the Raiders.

ROYC75
10-02-2005, 05:52 PM
Thats a real big problem. We have no passrushers from our D-Line. They don't
apply any pressure whatsoever. Yeah I agree with you there. Also, it doesnt help when your CB's are always playing off the receivers 10 yds beyond the line of scrimmage.

Our CB's are playing 10 yrds off because we have no pass rush........ To play a tight coverage or bump and run, we have to have a dominate DL to apply quick pressure.

Michael Michigan
10-02-2005, 05:55 PM

Maybe the Chiefs can play against more one armed QB's...

RINGLEADER
10-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Maybe the Chiefs can play against more one armed QB's...

We are playing Mark Brunnell in two weeks... ;)

B_Ambuehl
10-02-2005, 05:58 PM
I've felt all along Guns' system is outdated and overly expensive to run properly. Costs too much money and time to find 2 good tackles, 2 good rush ends and 2 corners who can play press coverage to run this pass defense scheme properly.....and we have only 1 of those 6 needs.

Having said that, we do have the linebackers to stop the run. Overall the defense did a good job today for the most part but they were simply on the field way too much and ran out of gas.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-02-2005, 06:00 PM
At least Mike Martz isn't our head coach...

RedThat
10-02-2005, 06:01 PM
At least Mike Martz isn't our head coach...

I think Vermeil is just as bad. I dont see a difference between the 2.

Tuckdaddy
10-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Seems hard to accept when you have as many Pro Bowlers on offense as we have and added the players on defense that we did, but the Chiefs just aren't a very good team. We have two wins against two teams that are both 1-3. Great teams beat teams like the Eagles today. Our defense isn't playing well. Our offense isn't playing well. And I can't think of another team - except maybe the Rams - that has a coaching staff that is as responsible for as many losses as our coaching staff.

The whole experiment with Priest and LJ sharing carries has to end. Priest does great until LJ enters and breaks his temp. If LJ is better then play HIM. But play the best guy and stick with him. When Priest is running for 7 ypc STICK with him.

I took crap on the game thread for calling this a must win when we were up 24-6. Truth is that this is going to be a very demoralizing bye week loss and it's going to embolden every team we see the rest of the year (just like last season).

I agree with you 100% We are just not that good. Suspensions and injuries aside should not matter. We did nothing right past the first quarter. Funbles, Green's int and we could not pressure the QB at all and what's even worse is we acted like Owens was invisable. Truly a pathedic game on both sides.

thebrad84
10-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Wow! What can you say about this one....the biggest collapse the chiefs have ever had at home perhaps? Hell, maybe even in team history period. Up 24 to 6 at one point, with the momentum for the chiefs after the hall return, and we just completley collapse. Good teams find ways to win no matter what the circumstances, bad teams find ways to lose. Which team was which today? DV and Gunther Cunningham have got to go. Obviously they've shown us they don't have what it takes to coach a team thats loaded with talent. Too bad too, I'm afraid we are really going to be hurting after this year after shields and roaf retire, and then losing green and/or priest in the next two years. Kansas City will be reduce to cheering for the (gulp) only team that can win a championship with the KC Wizards. Too bad soccer sucks. :(

Tuckdaddy
10-02-2005, 06:07 PM
We are only 2-2 and have the whole season to go but our division is too tough to have games like this.

We simply don't have the players nor the caoches to kick a good team in the mouth and win. 17-0 and we completely fell apart.

Tuckdaddy
10-02-2005, 06:10 PM

I said the same thing after the Jets game. No rush from the front four and recievers are not being challenged at the line. Maybe EW will help but Knight is looking like a waste of money.

MadMax
10-02-2005, 06:17 PM
I agree with you 100% We are just not that good. Suspensions and injuries aside should not matter. We did nothing right past the first quarter. Funbles, Green's int and we could not pressure the QB at all and what's even worse is we acted like Owens was invisable. Truly a pathedic game on both sides.

It hurts to say it but it is true...That is it in a nutshell.. DISGUSTING performance, say what you want but this team SUCKS!!! If anyone is happy with the way they have performed for the last 3 weeks please explain why.

ROYC75
10-02-2005, 06:31 PM
( week 1 ) Yep, who cares about yards passing when they don't score..... it's an inflated stat. It means sqaut, we won, we had playmakers that made plays.

So much for defensive playmakers .......... it doesn't always stop playmakers from the other team.

I knew this was going to be a pain in our ass this year.

Cochise
10-02-2005, 06:44 PM
No, we are not very good. Let's not kid ourselves.

Gunther is flat-out not getting it done. The D is little different from last year. We've got more talent now at linebacker and they are making a few plays, but as long as we are playing 15 yards off receivers and giving up all the underneath stuff we're not going to be winning any games.

It was enough to beat the Jets and the Randy Moss and the Raiders, who shot themselves in the foot so many times, but a good team is not going to lose to this D. Especially with the O weakened by injury.

That's what we have, another year same old poop. The offense frantically trying to take up for the piss poor defensive performance.

Gunther is not getting it done.

We're playing soft zones like those that have been getting feasted on for damn near 5 years now.

Our line gets NO push. We may as well be in the quarter on every down.

Kendrell Bell has been underwhelming at best.

Surtain has bee unremarkable. A few plays made have helped us, but there have been plenty of missed tackles and could-have-been plays that he hasn't made.

McCleon made some plays and isn't as bad as he gets credited for around here, but he's not getting it done either. I'd rather see Bartee out there, who at least elevated his game a bit last year.

No excuses this year Gunther. If this D doesn't turn around in a hurry we'll be on a slow boat to 3rd place in the West and you should be packing up your office.

Michael Michigan
10-02-2005, 06:44 PM
We are playing Mark Brunnell in two weeks... ;)

Ha.

And to make it worse they are 3-0.