PDA

View Full Version : At it's core, poor drafts have killed us....

KevB
10-02-2005, 05:22 PM
No depth on the O-line, no pass rush from the front seven, no developing playmakers on offense, and very little quality in the defensive backfield. You can't just keep whiffing in the draft and try to patch it with free agent additions. That doesn't work in today's NFL....today's opponent being Exhibit A.

Valiant
10-02-2005, 05:30 PM
I think our depth at Oline is great.. hell three of them were starting until injuries...As for the defense, yeah I agree... We have a couple of gems, but these guys are not coached very well.... I blame 90% of this on the coaches...

They baby these guys... DV is a big emotional baby.. AS is a cocky s.o.b. that will not change his strategy if he is losing and alters it if we are winning(ie going away from the run)... Gun, I dont have a ****ing clue what he is doing, he gives TO a huge bubble to get easy yards and sticks dextor on him most the night... His playcalling is crap.. He is making average to good players look poor.. I will give him credit that our tackling has improved from two years ago...

Deberg_1990
10-02-2005, 05:31 PM
2002 and 2004 drafts killed this team. ill give you 4 names....Sims, Freeman, Siavii and Wilson.

Mr. Krab
10-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Our coaching doesn't help

suds79
10-02-2005, 05:54 PM
2002 and 2004 drafts killed this team. ill give you 4 names....Sims, Freeman, Siavii and Wilson.

Yup. You are 100% correct.

It's amazing how many years down the road the Ryan Sims pick is still burning us.

And what about next year, if we don't go LT I'm thinking we're going to have to burn another 1st round draft pick on a DT.

We're that bad at that posistion.

ck_IN
10-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Here's our drafts since the dawn of the DV era.

Rd Sel# Player Pos. School
3 75 Eric Downing DT Syracuse
3 77 Marvin Minnis WR Florida State
4 107 Monty Beisel MLB Kansas State
4 108 George Layne RB Texas Christian
5 141 Billy Baber TE Virginia
5 150 Derrick Blaylock RB Stephen F. Austin
6 176 Alex Sulfsted G Miami, O.
7 212 Shaunard Harts FS Boise State
7 243 Terdell Sands DT Tenn.-Chattanooga

1 6 Ryan Sims DT North Carolina
2 43 Eddie Freeman DE Ala.-Birmingham
4 107 Omar Easy FB Penn State
5 143 Scott Fujita OLB California
7 221 Maurice Rodriguez LB Fresno State

1 27 Larry Johnson RB Penn State
2 47 Kawika Mitchell MLB South Florida
3 92 Julian Battle CB Tennessee
4 113 Brett Williams T Florida State
5 153 Jordan Black T Notre Dame
6 189 Jimmy Wilkerson DE Oklahoma
7 230 Montique Sharpe DT Wake Forest
7 252 Willie Pile FS Virginia Tech

2 36 Junior Siavii NT Oregon
2 61 Kris Wilson TE Pittsburgh
3 93 Keyaron Fox OLB Georgia Tech
4 105 Samie Parker WR Oregon
4 126 Jared Allen DE Idaho State
6 195 Jeris McIntyre WR Auburn
7 231 Kevin Sampson T Syracuse

If Harts is gone then we completly wiffed on 2001. Sims is a bust so we more or less wiffed on 2002. The jury's still out on 2004 but the evidence isn't looking good. 2003 is our highlight prior to last year. Even in that the only players ae LJ, Parker and Mitchel. Of those the only one I'd give a whit about is LJ, and King Pink is going to leave KC the first chance he gets.

DV was touted as a player eval genious (CPS). So far his magical mystery drafts are the reason this team's paper thin.

Halfcan
10-02-2005, 06:37 PM
Yep our drafts have been really bad.

CanadaKC
10-02-2005, 06:42 PM
This is the absolute truth...amen to this thread. And I hate the other threads that say it's NOT time to panic....when all along it's the gut-feeling from most of us that have been watching this team for years and knowing it IS time to panic since once again our talent in certain areas is coming back to haunt us. How many balls can Sammie Parker drop? (Ignoring the WR spot in the draft) Just think about how many times a WR like Moss and Owens bailed out their respective Minnesota/San Fran teams and coaching with their talent. We have drafted too many busts to mention...especially at DT. Remember when we drafted Savaii? Peterson and Vermeil said they drafted him cause he scored the highest during workouts....I guess we can throw that out the window now. Sims is pure bust. We need another CB that has natural-talent....someone like dare I say Champ Bailey. Too many holes...to many FA's vs. good draft picks...and we'll really pay once Holmes, Roaf, Shields, and Gonzo retire....maybe three of them next season.

MadMax
10-02-2005, 06:47 PM
This is the absolute truth...amen to this thread. And I hate the other threads that say it's NOT time to panic....when all along it's the gut-feeling from most of us that have been watching this team for years and knowing it IS time to panic since once again our talent in certain areas is coming back to haunt us. How many balls can Sammie Parker drop? (Ignoring the WR spot in the draft) Just think about how many times a WR like Moss and Owens bailed out their respective Minnesota/San Fran teams and coaching with their talent. We have drafted too many busts to mention...especially at DT. Remember when we drafted Savaii? Peterson and Vermeil said they drafted him cause he scored the highest during workouts....I guess we can throw that out the window now. Sims is pure bust. We need another CB that has natural-talent....someone like dare I say Champ Bailey. Too many holes...to many FA's vs. good draft picks...and we'll really pay once Holmes, Roaf, Shields, and Gonzo retire....maybe three of them next season.

Yep and it was this year or nothing, looks like nothing... Next year Roaf gone Shields gone no QBOTF this team will major suck for years toooo fn sad