PDA

View Full Version : For the Doomed crowd.

Area 51
10-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Are the Chiefs done for the playoff run?

yeti
10-02-2005, 06:32 PM
No, but if somehow if we do make the playoffs we aren't going anywhere. You have to win ALL your home games and go .500 on the road.

4th and Long
10-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Hey look. Its a public poll. That alone should kill a good deal of replies. :D

elvomito
10-02-2005, 06:34 PM
you people around here crack me up... you sound like jets fans

Deberg_1990
10-02-2005, 06:34 PM
No..we can still make a playoff run.....but we wont go anywhere in the playoffs.....its the same old story for this team...

yeti
10-02-2005, 06:36 PM
so the next question should be what young QB should we build our team around when DV retires at the end of this year?

Area 51
10-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey look. Its a public poll. That alone should kill a good deal of replies. :D

Isn't a public poll the correct way to post one?

4th and Long
10-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Isn't a public poll the correct way to post one?
A public poll will show anyone who visits the thread, who voted for what so the decision is up to you. I can tell you from past observations, a lot of folks around here wish to remain anonymous when voting on polls, or so it seems to me anyway.

Deberg_1990
10-02-2005, 06:39 PM
so the next question should be what young QB should we build our team around when DV retires at the end of this year?

Id love to see it....Id love to see a new GM, a new young head coach with new ideas....and a high round draft pick for a good young QB to build around......Id be willing to suffer a few seasons as long as we make progress and move forward.....we are just treading water with Vermeil and company.

SNR
10-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/scorecard/08/05/interviews/p1_mora_Elsa.jpg

Barret
10-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Why I picked "yes it is a pipedream"

There seems to be several disturbing trends with the Chiefs that I am seeing here. There have been many threads started ranging from coaching staff to D line to the offense not clicking.

Now couple these trends into the fact San Diego and Denver are playing some good football, The overall toughness level of the rest of the Chiefs schedule, and that you would need at least a 10-6 record to be even thinking about a wild card. Things become bleak.

Will I continue to watch the Chiefs....yes I will when I am not working or cant get a decent game down here in Texas.

Area 51
10-03-2005, 06:03 AM
Why I picked "yes it is a pipedream"

There seems to be several disturbing trends with the Chiefs that I am seeing here. There have been many threads started ranging from coaching staff to D line to the offense not clicking.

Now couple these trends into the fact San Diego and Denver are playing some good football, The overall toughness level of the rest of the Chiefs schedule, and that you would need at least a 10-6 record to be even thinking about a wild card. Things become bleak.

Will I continue to watch the Chiefs....yes I will when I am not working or cant get a decent game down here in Texas.

I picked NO, but I am having some considerable reservations about the possibility that the offense has gone sour. In the past two years we have had an offense that could have comeback against any team. We can't even get out of our own end. I'm expecting more defections from the bandwaggon crowd, the bandwaggon has 3 flat tires and the fourth is low on air!!

jspchief
10-03-2005, 06:11 AM
I picked yes. Two biggest reasons:

1. Play-off caliber teams don't play like we have the last two games.
2. There are too many other teams in the AFC that are getting the job done. Including two in our own division.

Otter
10-03-2005, 06:30 AM
Things don't look good but sometimes adversity builds character. The season is far from over.

Somthing tells me Gun is being pigeon holed on how to do his job. Not just from results to this point but all the zone play. Let the man do his job. Micro-managment kills.

kcblue555
10-03-2005, 06:55 AM
The Chiefs are still in the same coma they were in in the preseason!

mlyonsd
10-03-2005, 06:59 AM
I voted no only because there are 12 games left in the season.

If they are still playing like they did in Denver and the second half yesterday they'll be out of it by week 9.

htismaqe
10-03-2005, 07:30 AM
Somthing tells me Gun is being pigeon holed on how to do his job. Not just from results to this point but all the zone play. Let the man do his job. Micro-managment kills.

BINGO.

I'm thinking the same thing.

Lzen
10-03-2005, 08:08 AM
Things don't look good but sometimes adversity builds character. The season is far from over.

I was wondering what is all this zone crap that Gun has been calling. That doesn't seem like the old Gun to me. But what if it is all Gun? Maybe he's gone soft? If he has, we're screwed.

As for the poll, I voted NO. Someone mentioned how Denver and SD are playing really well. That's true but if you'll remember, those 2 teams were playing like crap the first 2 games while the Chiefs were playing pretty decent football for most of those first couple games. That just goes to show that things can change quickly in the NFL. Hopefully, this coaching staff will get their heads out of their asses and put together a complete game for a change.

Area 51
10-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Is there a possibility that DV has predestined himself to fail this year so he can retire again?

I thought that he pre-beat himself in denver by laying claim to the fact that he has never won in denver. If a coach feels like he is beat before the game what message does that give the players?