PDA

View Full Version : Rally the troops

Spicy McHaggis
10-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Lend me your ears people. It is week 4 of the NFL season. We went 2-2 this first "quarter" of the season as Vermeil is fond of calling it. Many of the people on this board predicted this record. So right now the Chiefs are 1 game out of first. I'm looking at the next three quarters and I see no reason for panic yet.

2nd "Quarter" 3-1
Washington - Coming off the bye week the Chiefs win at home. Brunell doesn't have the late magic this time. Win.
@Miami - Miami beat the first AFCW opponent they faced. They lose to the second. Willie Roaf shows us what we've been missing and dominates Jason Taylor all day. Win.
@San Diego - Qualcomm is no Arrowhead. Still San Diego is tough to play anywhere as of late. Loss.
Oakland - 2nd verse same as the first. The sea of red boos Randy as he walks off the field early. Win.

3rd Quarter 3-1
@Buffalo - Losman is still suffering growing pains and his arrogance/attitude might keep him from ever reaching his potential. Losing Spikes hurts too. Win.
@Houston - The Texans simply aren't very good. Win.
New England - Easily the toughest game of this quarter. They are beatable but this game has the most potential of being another Eagles game. The Chiefs need to play 60 minutes of ball. Right now this one is a loss.
Denver - It's payback time. If KC can't get up for this game and split the series then there are some serious problems. Win.

4th Quarter 2-2
@Dallas - KC wins this one with Offense. Dallas simply can't score enough to keep up.
@NY Giants - Eli is much tougher at home. Its hard to read them thus far as they haven't really had a team challenge them outside of the Bolts. This one could swing either way but right now I think its a loss.
San Diego - A game that could have major playoff implications. Chiefs lose a close one. Loss.
Cincinatti - Carson Palmer looks good this season but the Chiefs aren't going to lose two in a row at home to close out the season. Win.

Total 10-6 and a probable play-off berth.

Yes the Chiefs have problems. The D-line needs to collapse the pocket better. Samie Parker needs to catch. The entire team needs to protect the ball and our coaches need to learn to protect a lead. Can these things be improved upon? Maybe. If not can the detriment they cause be minimized enough to still win games? Maybe. But looking down the line I'm not ready to count the Chiefs out yet. Roaf is coming back and so is Warfield. We've got a long season left. So let's not hang our heads.

Douche Baggins
10-02-2005, 07:02 PM
No way we beat Miami.

tommykat
10-02-2005, 07:04 PM
No way we beat Miami.

whatever :rolleyes:

Iowanian
10-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Its not the 2 losses that has me so disappointed in the team.

Its how they pulled thier collective knees to their ears, and took it like gochief's sister was hosting the globetrotters.

Bowser
10-02-2005, 07:06 PM
If we don't find a pass rush, we won't even beat Dallas.

Iowanian
10-02-2005, 07:06 PM
whatever :rolleyes:

Do you know ANYTHING about football?

Do you know that Ricky Williams will be back now, and that just 2 seasons ago, was one of the top backs in the league? Do you know that Miami has a top defense and our offense has sucked baows?

tommykat
10-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Do you know ANYTHING about football?

Do you know that Ricky Williams will be back now, and that just 2 seasons ago, was one of the top backs in the league? Do you know that Miami has a top defense and our offense has sucked baows?

Yes to all.........The Chiefs also will have many back as well. So with Ricky back we/Chiefs loose just that fast?

Iowanian
10-02-2005, 07:11 PM
A backup guard....a Corner who hasn't played in 5 weeks........

It usually takes a little warming up, or a couple of drinks to get a broad "loose"....maybe some warming lotion.

Miami isn't the turd they were last year, and the Chiefs are looking anything but polished.

How often does KC beat Miami? Answer is "not very damn".

Its possible.....but the team has a hell of alot of work to do before facing a 3-0 Redskin team with a RB who has historically torched them.

....and they'll be drinking Daqueries on the beach instead.

tommykat
10-02-2005, 07:13 PM
A backup guard....a Corner who hasn't played in 5 weeks........

Amazing what a couple weeks can do......give it a break.

Cochise
10-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Portis has always broke a foot off in our asses. Washington's D is better than Phillys and they put a stop to our offense for almost the whole game.

D better find its genitals in a hurry

Iowanian
10-02-2005, 07:15 PM
amazing what knowing a little about football, other than what socks look cute with that Chiefs shirt will do.

Bake a pie.

wolfpack0735
10-02-2005, 07:17 PM
i remember as a kid watching the chiefs win a sb, i have seen look worst than they do now,they just pi$$ me off. watching 3 years of a great offense go down the drain. but i will be watching and cheering for them till i die. its yelling at the tv or yelling at the old lady? i`ll yell at the chiefs,i would like to get some this week