PDA

View Full Version : Positives from today's game

Count Alex's Losses
10-02-2005, 08:32 PM
1. Eddie Kennison racked up another 100 yard game. He now has 23 catches for 349 yards.

2. Trent Green found the end zone! Twice!

3. Lawrence Tynes kickoffs were excellent. He had a perfect day when you throw in his 38-yard field goal.

4. Let's hear it for Dustin Colquitt! His knuckle punt has now resulted in three muffed punts this year! Averaged 48 yards on 4 punts.

5. Marc Boerigter broke out with a great 38-yard reception!

6. So did Dante Hall with a fabulous kickoff return for a TD!

7. Derrick Johnson had 10 tackles!

8. Kawika Mitchell had 7!

9. Our run defense was fantastic! See 7 and 8.

Black Jack Savage
10-02-2005, 08:33 PM
You don't need a run defense against a team that doesn't run the ball. I want to light myself on fire.

4th and Long
10-02-2005, 08:36 PM
You don't need a run defense against a team that doesn't run the ball. I want to light myself on fire.
Have at it.
http://www.nu-riskservices.co.uk/news/specials/cms/images/10827350444991722023482.jpghttp://www.toolweb.com/pics/BTZ50833.jpg

kcjayhawks5
10-02-2005, 08:36 PM

LOL. You are exactly right. what was the eagles pass to rush ratio? I Dont know off the top of my head but it was a lot of passes to a little rushes.

Who the hell needs to run the ball on us? Just pass everytime, thats the key. Our linebackers are strictly there for running purposes. They get lost in pass coverage.

blsilks
10-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Might I remind you that we are no longer in a building phase and are supposed to be on a Super Bowl run. Little positives here and there mean nothing.

JBucc
10-02-2005, 08:39 PM
LOL. You are exactly right. what was the eagles pass to rush ratio? I Dont know off the top of my head but it was a lot of passes to a little rushes.

Who the hell needs to run the ball on us? Just pass everytime, thats the key. Our linebackers are strictly there for running purposes. They get lost in pass coverage.
Did you see DJ on that one TD pass? He was totally lost on what McNabb was going to do it was pathetic

wolfpack0735
10-02-2005, 08:39 PM
they need to start bo over parker. if not for anything at least it might be wake up call for parker. and why should teams run the ball against us when they can throw for 400 yards?

gblowfish
10-02-2005, 08:58 PM
"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play??"

Count Alex's Losses
10-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Might I remind you that we are no longer in a building phase and are supposed to be on a Super Bowl run. Little positives here and there mean nothing.

My post is partially in jest.

Phobia
10-02-2005, 09:13 PM
Hahahahahahahaha. Nice.

Hey, the beer was cold. Ribs were zesty. Beans were not kosher. Company was good. Other than 31 unanswered points, I have no complaints.

jynni
10-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Other than 31 unanswered points, I have no complaints.
Hee - yeah I'd say that was my biggest complaint.

Yes - positives - there were some...

1.Anytime Dante runs one back it's just plain fuggin' awesome.

2.The corn on the cob we grilled before the game kicked ass - as did the frosted brownies we ate to console ourselves after the game.

3.I finally learned how to throw a football so that it actually spirals instead of flopping all over the place.

4.I took some great pictures before the game.

5.I made it to level thirteen while playing Tetris on my GameBoy Advance during the last half of the fourth quarter. (I never leave games early but I will avert my eyes from the field of play if neccesary.

6. The friend we brought from Jersey was very impressed with the whole Arrowhead experience. He was shocked at the crowd noise in his own words "Lincoln Financial gots nothing on Arrowhead - that noise was scary". That said they still throw snowballs, batteries and boo Santa.

Halfcan
10-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Is that snowballs with batteries in them or just batteries? I would have liked to throw a freakin car battery at Al Saunders today for the stupid play calls. 8 man front lets run up the middle.

beer bacon
10-03-2005, 02:30 AM
Did you see DJ on that one TD pass? He was totally lost on what McNabb was going to do it was pathetic

It is obvious that Bell and DJ still don't have the pass coverage part of our defense down yet. Hopefully they will improve as the season progresses.

Hoover
10-03-2005, 08:28 AM
5. Marc Boerigter broke out with a great 38-yard reception!

Broke out, thats funny

jspchief
10-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Kennison has been nails for this team. I can't give him enough props. At times I feel like he's the only one trying.

Warrior5
10-03-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm trying real hard to look forward (but it's tough).

Offense:
The return of Roaf and Welborne after the bye should re-vitalize the O. Hopefully we'll see an improved running game and, and NOT see Gonzales back in max protect. Gonzo needs to be running routes and catching passes.

Defense:
The return of Warfield should strengthen the secondary; I have absolutely no doubt he will easily "beat out" McMe-owned and start against the Skins. While this won't remedy the Chiefs' abhorrent inability to push in the middle, it should free up a LB who is normally dropped into coverage and dedicate him to run stopping/blitzing.

STs:
Tynes was awesome yesterday.
Colquit was awesome yesterday.
Jerome Woods is done. Never mind the fact that he is no longer a viable Safety; and he is absolutely killing STs with his consistent penalties. He's not fast enough to stop gunners, so he blocks in the back out of desperation.

Attitude:
Finally, Trent Green is pissed. It is so refreshing to hear something other than the PC, "we-fought hard, but just came up short" crap. Wish it would rub off on DV; he needs to get pissed; pissed at himself, his coaches, and his players.

redhed
10-03-2005, 09:38 AM
It is obvious that Bell and DJ still don't have the pass coverage part of our defense down yet. Hopefully they will improve as the season progresses.

I haven't seen jack stank outa Bell. They guy has yet to make a play.
And the Chiefs coulda had Trotter. :banghead:

and NOT see Gonzales back in max protect. Gonzo needs to be running routes and catching passes.

No kidding. It killed me to see him get used by Kearse. GET TONYG THE BALL!! WTF, AL?!?!

Bob Dole
10-03-2005, 09:47 AM
The biggest positive was that Bob Dole only had 8 beers in the house, so Bob Dole doesn't feel too bad today.

cookster50
10-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Truely LOL, rep!

cookster50
10-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Positives? We lost, screw the positives. There can be no positives when you lose.