PDA

View Full Version : Do we have the worst defense in the league?

Tuckdaddy
10-02-2005, 08:38 PM
At this point I think we do. The only one doing about the same is Minnesota. Other than them I think we are the worst.

For the last two weeks we are definitley the worst and we will be ranked 32nd.

Millions looked to have been wasted.

Bowser
10-02-2005, 08:40 PM
I think our defensive coordinator has some of the worst assistants in the league. That plays more than a small role in thinking our defense is bad.

kcjayhawks5
10-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Its funny huh? The two teams that do the most to improve their defense in the offeseason, didnt do jack shit in helping them.

Deberg_1990
10-02-2005, 08:49 PM
IMO we have had the worst defense in the league since 2002.

HolmeZz
10-02-2005, 09:02 PM
IMO we have had the worst defense in the league since 2002.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Ugly Duck
10-02-2005, 09:02 PM
we are definitley the worst and we will be ranked 32nd.Nope.... you will be ranked #27 - one place ahead of Oakland. We both still suck on D..... but niether suck as bad as we did last season. Cheer up - you're not at the bottom and you're ahead of the Rayderz.

Simplex3
10-02-2005, 09:06 PM
We turned it over 4 times on a short field. You can't pin that s**t on the D. This team is playing bad all around.

Ultra Peanut
10-02-2005, 09:22 PM
We turned it over 4 times on a short field. You can't pin that s**t on the D. This team is playing bad all around.

Philadelphia's scoring drives:

02:40 1:26 50 5 50 Touchdown
15:00 2:46 PHI 48 8 26 Field Goal
03:35 1:41 PHI 40 4 60 Touchdown
00:27 3:49 PHI 10 9 71 Field Goal
11:30 2:33 KC 25 6 25 Touchdown
07:10 3:48 KC 41 9 33 Field Goal

In the words of tk:

Philadelphia scored one TD on an INT return.

For their other 6 scoring drives, their average starting field position was the PHI 47 yard line.

For their 5 non-scoring drives (not including after the onside kick), their starting field position was the PHI 24 yard line.

Funny how that works.

RedThat
10-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Its funny huh? The two teams that do the most to improve their defense in the offeseason, didnt do jack shit in helping them.

I dont believe its that. I think a lot of it has to do with the way the Chiefs went abouts in improving their defense. Not to say the Chiefs didn't try to improve their defense, they did. I'll reiterate, its how they went abouts in improving their defense. Please allow me to emphasize here, look at the moves we made:

-Surtain CB
-Bell OLB
-Knight SS
-Johnson OLB
-C.Hall DE

*Not to say these were bad pickups, they failed to improve their defense at the core. The basics, fundamentals. Our pass D was ranked #31 last year, we added one of the best CB in the league, but, it sure looks like that move isnt paying off. Nothing against Surtain, love the guy, think hes a great player. But, what good is he if your D-line doesnt apply any pressure on the QB, and gives him all day to throw? No penetration from our Dline whatsoever. This is basic fundamental stuff that the Chiefs failed to address in the off-season. My point is, a good pass defense starts with a pass rush, and the Chiefs picked up ZERO D-lineman in the off-season, instead, they were content with the guys they have. Thats why there pass defense is going to continue to suck. It also doesnt help when Gunther is told by DV that he is going to keep the same assistant coaches from previous sh*tty defenses. Im sure Gunther would've preferred his own staff.

Halfcan
10-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Red bull is right, we had zero push up the middle.

keg in kc
10-02-2005, 10:27 PM
What is it that made me click on this thread? Morbid curiousity?

Taco John
10-02-2005, 10:29 PM

I think we improved our defense quite a bit.

NJ Chief Fan
10-02-2005, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=Tuckdaddy
Millions looked to have been wasted.[/QUOTE]

yea bell was a terrible pick up he ****in sucks

ITS TIME TO PUT BOOMER IN!

listopencil
10-02-2005, 10:56 PM
I think we improved our defense quite a bit.

Yep. We have an entirely new, much more effective D-Line. We have Ian Gold back and this time he doesn't suck. Out of our three rookie corners one of them is starting at #2 CB and the other two look like they are beating out our #2 guy from last year for the Nickle spot. All of this for not much money. Not bad.

jak112460
10-02-2005, 11:38 PM
The Chiefs do have the worst defense in the league. Believe me when I say it. I lived in KC all but the last two years of my life. I live in Arizona now. How do you think it feels to come from a place, where my favorite team racks up big leads only to lose in the fourth quarter, and come to a city with the losingest team in NFL history. Today the Cardinals looked like they could have destroyed the Chiefs. I think it was a huge mistake to bring Gunther Cunningham back to KC. He is a man that was treated terribly as head coach and now they bring him in to be the defensive coordinator. I also think that Priest Holmes should get all of the running duties. He's proven and continues to excel. Larry Johnson is just not as reliable as Priest Holmes. Splitting up running duties makes Priest Holmes less effective. Please Chiefs, give me at least one team I can root for.

Fairplay
10-02-2005, 11:46 PM
I also think that Priest Holmes should get all of the running duties. He's proven and continues to excel. Larry Johnson is just not as reliable as Priest Holmes. Splitting up running duties makes Priest Holmes less effective. Please Chiefs, give me at least one team I can root for.

I disagree about Priest getting all the running duties. The last couple of years he has been showing he doesn't have the durability to make it through a whole season. I could see him run 60 percent to LJ's 40 percent of the carries. A lot of people expected the first four games we would be 2-2. They were right. The season will get better.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2005, 11:54 PM
We turned it over 4 times on a short field. You can't pin that s**t on the D. This team is playing bad all around.What he said...

jak112460
10-03-2005, 01:21 AM
I disagree about Priest getting all the running duties. The last couple of years he has been showing he doesn't have the durability to make it through a whole season. I could see him run 60 percent to LJ's 40 percent of the carries. A lot of people expected the first four games we would be 2-2. They were right. The season will get better.

Yeah, LJ is just tearing up the field. :shake: Give me a break!! How do you expect the season to get better when you have the Broncos already destroying the Chiefs once and the Chargers kicking the crap out of New England. The Chiefs have a seriously tough schedule to deal with just in their division. I think it's reasonable to see the Chiefs going 8-8 this year. The way they have played the last two weeks how can anyone see a bright future for this season? They look worse each week. Donovan McNabb had a huge passing day and he was hurt. If he was in great shape, tell me how the Chiefs don't lose by twenty points?

Ultra Peanut
10-03-2005, 02:07 AM
Yeah, LJ is just tearing up the field. :shake: Give me a break!! How do you expect the season to get better when you have the Broncos already destroying the Chiefs once and the Chargers kicking the crap out of New England. The Chiefs have a seriously tough schedule to deal with just in their division. I think it's reasonable to see the Chiefs going 8-8 this year. The way they have played the last two weeks how can anyone see a bright future for this season? They look worse each week. Donovan McNabb had a huge passing day and he was hurt. If he was in great shape, tell me how the Chiefs don't lose by twenty points?You smell like dookie.

jak112460
10-03-2005, 05:39 AM
OOOOH, my feelings are so hurt. No they're not.