SNR
10-02-2005, 09:07 PM
This kickass movie.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/doom/

Tis going to be sweet :thumb:

Count Alex's Losses
10-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Didn't work.

I think I'm going to try and hibernate for 2 weeks straight. See you guys on the 16th.

Fire Me Boy!
10-02-2005, 09:22 PM
I you kidding me? What the **** makes you think that movie is going to even resemble something mediocre, let alone good or "kickass"? Because so many videogame movies have been "kickass"?

Yeah... like... Tomb Raider. Or Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat 2. Ooh, ooh! Resident Evil. RE2? Or Double Dragon! Super Mario? Wing Commander? Street Fighter? Final Fantasy? You're right. I'll shut up.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-02-2005, 09:57 PM
saw the ad during the simpsons

listopencil
10-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Double Dragon was made into a movie? They had to know it was going to suck when they made it.

Halfcan
10-02-2005, 09:59 PM
We still have the Royals-lol

Sure-Oz
10-02-2005, 09:59 PM
I you kidding me? What the **** makes you think that movie is going to even resemble something mediocre, let alone good or "kickass"? Because so many videogame movies have been "kickass"?

Yeah... like... Tomb Raider. Or Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat 2. Ooh, ooh! Resident Evil. RE2? Or Double Dragon! Super Mario? Wing Commander? Street Fighter? Final Fantasy? You're right. I'll shut up.
yeah awesome movies!!!!1

KcMizzou
10-02-2005, 10:01 PM
At least it's rated R. I was a little surprised to hear that, since it's based on the video game. FMB's right about the notorious suckage of video game movies, but I'm sure I'll check it out on DVD at some point.

Fire Me Boy!
10-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Double Dragon was made into a movie? They had to know it was going to suck when they made it.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0106761/

http://www.retrojunk.com/img/art-images/ddadmovie.jpg

Skip Towne
10-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Didn't work.

I think I'm going to try and hibernate for 2 weeks straight. See you guys on the 16th.
Promises, promises.

Taco John
10-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Boy that looks especially terrible... Especially the parts where they make it look like you're in the video game... Ouch man.

Count Alex's Losses
10-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Boy that looks especially terrible... Especially the parts where they make it look like you're in the video game... Ouch man.

I'm not sure what you're expecting from a Doom movie. But the first-person camera angle is rad.

Taco John
10-02-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm not sure what you're expecting from a Doom movie.

Mostly suckage...

GoTrav
10-02-2005, 10:09 PM
At least it's rated R. I was a little surprised to hear that, since it's based on the video game. FMB's right about the notorious suckage of video game movies, but I'm sure I'll check it out on DVD at some point.

you had to be 18 to buy Doom 3 didn't you? It would be like making a PG-13 GTA. There are a few things they could sell this movie on, but ignoring blood and guts wouldn't be them. The cast doesn't seem all that sucktastic from what I can tell which surprised me.

Count Alex's Losses
10-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Mostly suckage...

I'm expecting alot of gunplay, some monsters, and some one liners.

I'm expecting the video game with dialogue.

Alot of people enjoy that kind of film.

Guess what? I enjoyed Garden State, too.

SNR
10-02-2005, 10:48 PM
A lot of you are scoffing right now, but I've been waiting for a Doom movie for years. Hell, there was even a book series on the game.

This one appears to be quite different from the video game storyline, but I'll take it nonetheless.

Fire Me Boy!
10-02-2005, 10:52 PM
A lot of you are scoffing right now, but I've been waiting for a Doom movie for years. Hell, there was even a book series on the game.

This one appears to be quite different from the video game storyline, but I'll take it nonetheless.
You've apparently had a lot of time on your hands. Enjoy yourself... don't let any of those 8th graders cut in line.

SNR
10-02-2005, 10:58 PM
You've apparently had a lot of time on your hands. Enjoy yourself... don't let any of those 8th graders cut in line.Because I'm excited about something that you aren't? Because it's a waste of your time means my only point in life is to waste time?

I'm working on my ****ing Masters, bud. I haven't seen a movie in the theaters in three years. My back is sore, the Chiefs got embarrassed today, and I have a load of shit coming up this week.

Lay the **** off

Fire Me Boy!
10-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Because I'm excited about something that you aren't? Because it's a waste of your time means my only point in life is to waste time?

I'm working on my ****ing Masters, bud. I haven't seen a movie in the theaters in three years. My back is sore, the Chiefs got embarrassed today, and I have a load of shit coming up this week.

Lay the **** off
Lighten up, Francis, it was a smart ass comment.

Fire Me Boy!
10-02-2005, 11:10 PM
FTR, the "enjoy yourself" was serious. The rest of the comment was smart ass.

SNR
10-02-2005, 11:12 PM
FTR, the "enjoy yourself" was serious. The rest of the comment was smart ass.Oh.

Cool.

listopencil
10-02-2005, 11:16 PM
http://imdb.com/title/tt0106761/

http://www.retrojunk.com/img/art-images/ddadmovie.jpg

Wow, that movie sounds absolutely horrible.