PDA

View Full Version : Why did Trent lose it after his INT??

KCinNY
10-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Anybody have any info on why he was so bent out of shape after he telegraphed his throw? Did Kennison screw up? Dante? What gives?

Count Alex's Losses
10-02-2005, 09:14 PM
I'd love to know.

Vermeil was asked in the post-game press conference about what happened, and gutless, spinless, soft Dick's only reply was that it wasn't for public knowledge.

From where I'm standing, it looked like a bad decision by Trent. He telepgrahed his throw.

From his incessant bitching, MAYBE the receiver ran the wrong route. If that's the case, I'm very disappointed to see Trent pulling a Jeff George and screaming his head off like that.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-02-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm guessing the WR ran the wrong route.

The WRs in this offense have no business running wrong routes being in this offense a long time.

Trent was just finally fed up with it. He has taken up for them for so long, it's about time they do something for him...like make plays and get open fast.

Bowser
My guess would be the playcalling. Dick and Al's need to coddle Trent while Willie Roaf is out by throwing this quick out/in stuff. It worked well the first couple of series, but then Philly adjusted, and we didn't.

I guess I'm saying if it were me, that's what I'd be screaming about.

the Talking Can
I think it came out in post game interviews that a WR screwed up....I heard a Moss saying the "clip we just heard cleared that up" (ie. who was to blame)

anyways, I thought it was a bad call...we'd already burned them with that play and kind of telegraphed it after a penalty...ah well..definite heart breaker...I'm so used to the Chiefs choking that I felt like I knew it was going to happen

JBucc
10-02-2005, 09:18 PM
I didn't get to see it. Stupid Fox showing OAK vs. DAL

Simplex3
10-02-2005, 09:19 PM
From his incessant bitching, MAYBE the receiver ran the wrong route. If that's the case, I'm very disappointed to see Trent pulling a Jeff George and screaming his head off like that.
I disagree. If DV or AS won't jump in the WR's s**t then Green needs to. Somebody on this team needs to start busting some heads.

Mecca
10-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Maybe Trent was having a Houston flashback.......

Chiefs Pantalones
10-02-2005, 09:20 PM
My guess would be the playcalling. Dick and Al's need to coddle Trent while Willie Roaf is out by throwing this quick out/in stuff. It worked well the first couple of series, but then Philly adjusted, and we didn't.

I guess I'm saying if it were me, that's what I'd be screaming about.

That actually sounds about right now that I think about it.

Trent knew the D would have adjusted because they ran that play like 10 times. He wasn't yelling at any player now that I remember. He was yelling at the QBs coach and DV.

Otter
10-02-2005, 09:24 PM
From where I'm standing, it looked like a bad decision by Trent. He telepgrahed his throw.

Agree. I have no idea what he was mad at, that interception certainly looked like his fault.

And why the hell didn't team leader Trent give Parker an ear full after another botched play? I officially genuinely dislike Sammie Parker.

Count Alex's Losses
10-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Parker looks like he doesn't care a whole lot to me.

I hope Boerigter is starting next week. I noticed he was out there most of the time after Parker's drop.

If the receiver ran the wrong route, I still think it was Trent's fault. Looking at the interception, I don't see how a receiver could have gotten to the ball before the DB.

Mecca
10-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Parker may come off that way, but after today you'd have a hard time convince me much of this team has any sack. As soon as something doesn't go their way they basically look like they give up and say "oh well it's not our day let's go home".

You'd have a hard time convincing me any of the Chiefs cared in the 2nd half, outside of a few guys.

Bowser
10-02-2005, 09:31 PM

I hope Boerigter is starting next week. I noticed he was out there most of the time after Parker's drop.

If the receiver ran the wrong route, I still think it was Trent's fault. Looking at the interception, I don't see how a receiver could have gotten to the ball before the DB.

That's why I think he was pissed about the playcalling. Philly knew it was coming - it was what we had been hitting them with all game to that point. Dick and/or Al DID NOT ADJUST.

And, I am with you about Boerigter. I was pissed they took him out after his long catch and run.

Valiant
10-02-2005, 09:34 PM
I'd love to know.

Vermeil was asked in the post-game press conference about what happened, and gutless, spinless, soft Dick's only reply was that it wasn't for public knowledge.

Agian your a bitch, when would you get mad at your WR when he runs the wrong route?? It is not like this happens every once in while... Between 5-7dropped balls a game and 2-3 wrong routes when do you expect Trent to get mad at them??? EK is the only reliable one out there for Trent to throw to right now...

Count Alex's Losses
10-02-2005, 09:36 PM
I don't expect my QB to start pointing his finger elsewhere when he tosses an INT.

Valiant
10-02-2005, 09:37 PM

Have you ever played organized football??? If I throw the ball to point A on the field, and the WR does not go there instead goes to point B, whose fault is it???

Valiant
10-02-2005, 09:39 PM
I don't expect my QB to start pointing his finger elsewhere when he tosses an INT.

Dont pick and choose from my post on what to answer??? Answer the whole question... After how many drops and wrong routes per game does trent hold his WR responsible???

Count Alex's Losses
10-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Dont pick and choose from my post on what to answer??? Answer the whole question... After how many drops and wrong routes per game does trent hold his WR responsible???

I don't know. I'm not on the sideline.

All I know is, Trent was angry after he threw an interception that was CLEARLY his fault. It looked to me like he was playing the blame game. F*ck that.

Valiant
10-02-2005, 09:47 PM
I don't know. I'm not on the sideline.

All I know is, Trent was angry after he threw an interception that was CLEARLY his fault. It looked to me like he was playing the blame game. F*ck that.

So you don't know.. Its said he ran the wrong route in the interview and a INT was the result.. But it is Trents fault by your own words, and the WR should get off scott free, even though you bash them every week because you put them in your FF team... Who should hold the WR in line, if not thier leader on the field yelling at them then who??? Gochiefs the logic you use sometimes mystifies me, you need to take a break from the mange, it is rotting your brain...

Count Alex's Losses
10-02-2005, 09:48 PM
So you don't know.. Its said he ran the wrong route in the interview and a INT was the result.. But it is Trents fault by your own words, and the WR should get off scott free, even though you bash them every week because you put them in your FF team... Who should hold the WR in line, if not thier leader on the field yelling at them then who??? Gochiefs the logic you use sometimes mystifies me, you need to take a break from the mange, it is rotting your brain...

What?

Regardless of the route, that ball was going to be intercepted.

I don't have a fantasy football team, you dumbass.

kregger
He lost it because he has only 1 WR worth his weight(EK). It's time to see if Bo can go a full game or not. Not having TG available kills this team. He is staying in to chip block and can't get downfield in any patterns.

jettio
The receiver that was lined up over Sheldon Brown ran a pattern that would have taken Brown down the field if Brown stayed with him.

I think Green showed where he ws throwing and Brown did a good job jumping the route.

It did not look like Green had any reason to be blaming anybody else on that play.

Valiant
10-02-2005, 09:54 PM
What?

Regardless of the route, that ball was going to be intercepted.

I don't have a fantasy football team, you dumbass.

If you cannot fathom that if a WR is suppose to run a quick route instead does a slant and the ball is behind him and ran back then it might not have been intercepted...

Count Alex's Losses
10-02-2005, 09:55 PM
If you cannot fathom that if a WR is suppose to run a quick route instead does a slant and the ball is behind him and ran back then it might not have been intercepted...

I've only seen the play a couple of times. From what I saw, there was nothing a WR could do to prevent the interception. I could be wrong.

Valiant
10-02-2005, 09:56 PM
The receiver that was lined up over Sheldon Brown ran a pattern that would have taken Brown down the field if Brown stayed with him.

I think Green showed where he ws throwing and Brown did a good job jumping the route.

It did not look like Green had any reason to be blaming anybody else on that play.

Oh he telegraphed the throw no question about, the problem was if the WR ran the right route it would either be a broken up play or a quick tackle... Instead the DB got a ball uncontended with and ran it back...

Halfcan
10-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Trent should be pissed at all the dropped passes, and the one that bounced off Kennisons chest.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2005, 11:45 PM
I don't expect my QB to start pointing his finger elsewhere when he tosses an INT.You do when they run the wrong route, or run it wrong. Most routes, the QB is throwing to a spot, if the reciever is not where he's supposed to be the result is most like a pick...

cdcox
10-02-2005, 11:52 PM
Gretz dug into the inner workings of the in-game adjustments during the Raider game. I'm sure he'll get to the bottom of this.

Halfcan
10-03-2005, 12:00 AM
The only thing Gretz can get to the bottom of is a KFC chicken bucket.