PDA

View Full Version : 1st Quarter Chiefs Grades.

Rain Man
10-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Feel free to post your own or critique these.

A

87 Kennison, Eddie WR A Fast Eddie is a legit #1 receiver. Go, Eddie!
83 Gammon, Kendall TE A Remains perfect.

B+

82 Hall, Dante WR B+ Doing fine. Just fine.
31 Holmes, Priest RB B+ We need to put the team back on his shoulders.
27 Johnson, Larry RB B+ Was doing great until recently. Still gets it done.
69 Allen, Jared DE B+ Showing hustle and working. Only pass rusher we've got, but still misses some tackles.

B

2 Colquitt, Dustin P B Not getting quite the yardage we'd like, but he's a turnover machine.
22 McCleon, Dexter CB B He's doing decently, despite being a whipping boy.
50 Mitchell, Kawika LB B He's actually a reasonable middle linebacker. Still room for improvement, but he's waaaaaaaay better than last year.
23 Surtain, Patrick CB B I expected more. He's still an upgrade.
62 Wiegmann, Casey C B Doing his job.
20 Sapp, Benny CB B- Has outplayed his pedigree, but still gets burned in coverage.
56 Johnson, Derrick LB B- Starting as a rookie, making lots of tackles. Now we need some big plays.
1 Tynes, Lawrence K B And he seems to be getting better.

B-

96 Wilkerson, Jimmy DE B- Doing his job.
29 Knight, Sammy S B- I was hoping for more, but he's there. Knocking out Rod Smith bumped him up a letter.
75 Dalton, Lional DT B- Gets a gentleman's B- for effort.
54 Waters, Brian G B- Should be an A. What's going on?

C+

42 Cruz, Ronnie RB C+ Doing what's expected of him, maybe slightly more since he played FB in Game 1.
25 Wesley, Greg S C+ Not the ball hawk I was hoping for, but is at least active.
88 Gonzalez, Tony TE C+ May not be his fault that he's underperforming, other than the blocking
98 Hicks, Eric DE C+ Actually slightly exceeding my expectations this year.
93 Browning, John DT C+ Stepped into a vacuum, but still kind of plays like a vacuum.
10 Green, Trent QB C+ Definitely not playing up to par this year.

C

24 Bartee, William S C Doing what's expected of him, no more, no less.
15 Collins, Todd QB C Doing what's expected of him, no more, no less.
85 Boerigter, Marc WR C Doing what's expected of him, no more, no less.
81 Horn, Chris WR C Doing what's expected of him, no more, no less.
11 Huard, Damon QB C Doing what's expected of him, no more, no less.
66 Ingram, Johnathan C C Doing what's expected of him, no more, no less.
95 Long, Khari DE C Doing what's expected of him, no more, no less.
68 Shields, Will G C He should be getting an A. What's going on here?
72 Parquet, Jeremy T C Doing what's expected of him, no more, no less.
49 Richardson, Tony FB C Doing what's expected of him, no more, no less.
91 Scanlon, Rich LB C Doing what's expected of him, no more, no less. Well, unless you believe the legends.
71 Svitek, Will T C Doing what's expected of him, no more, no less.
89 Dunn, Jason TE C Doing what's expected of him, no more, no less.
51 Grigsby, Boomer LB C Expecting a little more of a madman here.

C-

79 Sampson, Kevin T C- Time to step up. You don't get the slack that we'll give Willie.

D+

99 Bell, Kendrell LB - D+ I expected more. Much more.
55 Stills, Gary LB D+ Where has he been? He should be leading a badass group of headhunters.
97 Fox, Keyaron LB - D+ I know he's hurt, but he wasn't setting the world on fire before that.

D

53 Griffin, Kris LB - D Where has he been?
92 Hall, Carlos DE D - This generation's Brian Jozwiak. This grade can go up quickly if he'll stay on the field.
30 Washington, Dewayne CB D I hope he doesn't get on the field much.
84 Wilson, Kris TE D I think I saw him in a game once.

D-

65 Black, Jordan T - D- He got thrown to the wolves, but he's being eaten by them.

F

67 Bober, Chris T - F Admittedly, he's stepped into an unfamiliar position, but his main position is standing around looking while Trent is being sacked.
18 Parker, Samie WR F I considered giving him a D for his downfield blocking, but .... no.
21 Woods, Jerome S F He's retired.
76 Welbourn, John T F 'Roid freak.
94 Siavii, Junior DT F Did you expect anything else?
90 Sims, Ryan DT F Another wasted season. Too bad. I know it's an injury, but it's always an injury.
44 Warfield, Eric CB F Drunk.

Incomplete

77 Roaf, Willie T Incomplete. Dominated on those first few series. We need him back.

JBucc
10-02-2005, 09:13 PM
I'd be drinking too if I was Warfield

Phobia
10-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Team 2-2 A

That's the goal we set and they achieved it.

the Talking Can
10-02-2005, 09:19 PM
add intangibles:

Heart - C
Character - D
Resilence - D
Composure - F
Leadership - D+

Count Alex's Losses
10-02-2005, 09:19 PM
You forgot these guys:

Dick Vermeil - F

Gunther Cunningham - F

Al Saunders - F

chefsos
10-02-2005, 09:28 PM
1 Tynes, Lawrence K B And he seems to be getting better.

Yes. On the second drive when they were stopped on third down, I said to myself, "That's 3 points", without a second thought. It was refreshing.

Bowser
10-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Team 2-2 A

That's the goal we set and they achieved it.

We as fans, or we meaning the coaching staff?

keg in kc
10-02-2005, 09:38 PM
It's nitpicking, but I'd have a hard time giving Colquitt less than an A. He's booming his kicks, we've seen several muffs already and he's shown that pressure (from defenders) doesn't phase him at all. I'm pretty happy with that pick, I have to say. He's going to be something.

Mecca
10-02-2005, 09:41 PM
add intangibles:

Heart - C
Character - D
Resilence - D
Composure - F
Leadership - D+

I consider those ratings generous after the last 2 weeks.

Ultra Peanut
10-02-2005, 09:50 PM
D-

65 Black, Jordan T - D- He got thrown to the wolves, but he's being eaten by them.

F

67 Bober, Chris T - F Admittedly, he's stepped into an unfamiliar position, but his main position is standing around looking while Trent is being sacked.
18 Parker, Samie WR F I considered giving him a D for his downfield blocking, but .... no.
21 Woods, Jerome S F He's retired.
76 Welbourn, John T F 'Roid freak.
94 Siavii, Junior DT F Did you expect anything else?
90 Sims, Ryan DT F Another wasted season. Too bad. I know it's an injury, but it's always an injury.
44 Warfield, Eric CB F Drunk.ROFL

RedandGold
10-02-2005, 11:04 PM
add intangibles:

Heart - C
Character - D
Resilence - D
Composure - F
Leadership - D+

Giving a "C" for heart is pretty generous considering they mailed in the Denver game and the second half of the game today.

I would rank them higher in character since in terms of "character guys", we've got a pretty solid group. It's just too bad that they play soft when they take the field.

InChiefsHell
10-02-2005, 11:13 PM
After the game comments from Dick Vermeil went something like this:

"We gave their defense too much credit. We changed things up maybe before we needed to..."

The guys on the radio said the same thing. I didn't get to see the game cuz my kid was playing today (they won at least) but it seems that we were doing alot of good things in the first half an it all went to hell in the 2nd because we changed things up.

How does Priest have 70 yard in the first half and only 14 or so in the 2nd? The TV said things really turned on us with the LJ fumble. Anyone else feel like that?

Regardless. Good teams don't take a 24-6 halftime lead at home and then lose the game. We have alot of work to do. This D looks just about as sad as last year, just some more expensive players. I hope I'm wrong.

I really thought we were going to win today. :banghead:

tk13
10-02-2005, 11:16 PM
I don't think I've ever seen Rain Man use the word "badass" before. That is noteworthy.

I think I'd rank McCleon lower, but as we all know I'm overly critical of him. I'd actually move Hicks up. If Wilkerson and Dalton are B's I think Hicks should be a B. He's still not the old Hicks but I think he's done some good things, I think he's had more of an impact than Dalton or Wilkerson... but I'll admit when I watch a game live I always seem to drift toward watching the DE's and LB's when we're on defense. Of course if he gets a B we'd have three B's on our D-line, and I'm not sure that's acceptable.

tk13
10-02-2005, 11:20 PM
After the game comments from Dick Vermeil went something like this:

"We gave their defense too much credit. We changed things up maybe before we needed to..."

The guys on the radio said the same thing. I didn't get to see the game cuz my kid was playing today (they won at least) but it seems that we were doing alot of good things in the first half an it all went to hell in the 2nd because we changed things up.

How does Priest have 70 yard in the first half and only 14 or so in the 2nd? The TV said things really turned on us with the LJ fumble. Anyone else feel like that?

Regardless. Good teams don't take a 24-6 halftime lead at home and then lose the game. We have alot of work to do. This D looks just about as sad as last year, just some more expensive players. I hope I'm wrong.

I really thought we were going to win today. :banghead:
Just for the record, it was 24-13 at halftime. LJ fumbled and they went down and scored... then got the ball back to start the 2nd half.

InChiefsHell
10-02-2005, 11:24 PM
Just for the record, it was 24-13 at halftime. LJ fumbled and they went down and scored... then got the ball back to start the 2nd half.

Ooops. thanks. :doh!:

tk13
10-02-2005, 11:28 PM
Ooops. thanks. :doh!:
No problem. We were cruising at 17-0, then Trent threw that INT, 17-6 (missed PAT), looked like we might lose some momentum, but Dante came right back and had the KR TD (24-6)... so we got the momentum right back. Defense came back out and got a 3 and out, forced a punt, looked good, then LJ fumbled at midfield with a couple minutes to go and away they went.

stevieray
10-02-2005, 11:32 PM
How many flags this season on Jerome Woods on ST's?

After two years of being mugged and leading the league for TE's in penalties, Gonzo has become almost nonexistant.

InChiefsHell
10-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Yup. Sadly, Gonzo seems irrelevant this season. But then again, the whole offense seems that way. We better be doing some re-tooling this bye week...:shake:

htismaqe
10-03-2005, 08:37 AM
I'd have a hard time giving Derrick Johnson a B. Part of the reason Terrell Owens was so open yesterday is because he wasn't manning his zone correctly. It's been a pattern all season...

Chiefnj
10-03-2005, 08:45 AM
IMO, the only players who get a B or above are: Kennison, Gammons, Holmes, Allen and Colquitt.

A few B- to : DJ, Dexter, Surtain, Shields and maybe Green.

Shag
10-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Based on expectations, I'd lower Surtain and Knight. Personally, I've been disappointed in both of them. I don't know if it's the scheme or the personnel, but that tandem seems to get beat frequently. They've been very fortunate with dropped/poor passes. Surtain seems unable to hang with the big dogs, and Knight has yet to produce a turnover. Where's the ball hawking?

Also based on expectations, I'd put Bell at an F. He's been such a non-factor, that I can hardy recall him being in on more than a couple plays. Big things were supposed to come from him...

I would lower LJ as well. The last 2 weeks, not only has he turned the ball over, but he doesn't seem to be running with the same authority he was in preseason and the first two games. He seems much more tentative now, as if he's lost confidence. He has done little with his touches the last 2 weeks, and outside of the NYJ game, hasn't been much of a factor.

donkhater
10-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Wow you guys are tough. I thought KC looked pretty damn good in the first quarter.

Yesterday. ;)

kregger
10-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Yup. Sadly, Gonzo seems irrelevant this season. But then again, the whole offense seems that way. We better be doing some re-tooling this bye week...:shake:

The coaches aren't using TG to be a pass receiver yet. He has to stay and help that pitiful excuse for left tackle we are throwing out there. We desperately need Roaf back.

B_Ambuehl
10-03-2005, 11:35 AM
I'd say Waters deserves an A+ and Dalton deserves an A. Waters is playing like the best guard in football. Dalton ain't the best against the pass but he's yet to give up a run to his side all year and he occupies 2 blockers every play.