PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Arrowhead crowd has changed

BigRedChief
10-02-2005, 10:25 PM
The crowd has changed in the last 7 years that I have been a season ticket holder.

It is a less pasionate crowd than before.

Part of it is money. Alot of the core hard core screaming fans can't afford NFL season tickets. They have been replaced with the ticket holder more interested in tailgating and the festive atmosphere. Part of it the string of disappointments that we have endured the last 12 years (One playoff win etc.).

The crowd was loud. This loss aint on them. but when you have a mass exodus with 7 mintues left and the team only down 10 points it is a fact that can't be denied anymore. This aint the same crowd that use to cheer a DT sack.

Simplex3
10-02-2005, 10:32 PM
I think they'd come back to life if there was any feeling that the players were playing hard. You could feel through the TV that the players were giving up.

Skip Towne
10-02-2005, 10:32 PM
I couldn't believe Philly could score all those 2nd half points. Almost all passing. The crowd should have destroyed their timing but they didn't. I blame the crowd.

RedThat
10-02-2005, 10:35 PM
I think they'd come back to life if there was any feeling that the players were playing hard. You could feel through the TV that the players were giving up.

Man i hear ya. I watched the game on T.V today, and I sensed the players gave up just by the looks on their faces I could see it. It was tough to watch.

jynni
10-02-2005, 10:56 PM
I was there. We had a friend from Jersey with us - he was dumbfounded at the noise. He couldn't believe how loud that staduim was.

I don't think the problem is the crowd - it's the team. You could feel Arrowhead deflate as the team pretty much rolled over and died towards the end of the first half.

The reason for the mass exodus after the second interception was because it was the finale straw.

StcChief
10-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Watching the team give up in 2nd half killed the crowd off.

Lost the 12th man advantage.

morphius
10-02-2005, 11:01 PM
I normally hate the crowd that leaves early, but today I didn't blame them at all.

You are probably right about the crowd not being the same, the difference is we had a D that could keep us in games till the last drive, so the last drive was important. Plus 7 years ago the team was winning all the time and always in the playoff's. Currently my feeling about that after this year we will still only have had only one playoff game in the 2000's.

greg63
10-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Man i hear ya. I watched the game on T.V today, and I sensed the players gave up just by the looks on their faces I could see it. It was tough to watch.

Wished I could have watched the first half on TV. The Fox affiliate in our area (Tulsa) covered the Dallas/Oakland game. It is disappointing to hear about the look of defeat from our Chiefs.

RedThat
10-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Wished I could have watched the first half on TV. The Fox affiliate in our area (Tulsa) covered the Dallas/Oakland game. It is disappointing to hear about the look of defeat from our Chiefs.

It is. It is really disappointing. There was 5:00 minutes left in the 4th qtr, and the Chiefs were down by 10 pts, at that given time, the camera focused in on the Chiefs sidelines, I saw the looks on all the players faces. Disappointed, they all looked defeated. What amazes me is, I saw no confidence, no hope. There was still time to play catch up ball, come back and win. Makes me wonder, does this team have any character?

Halfcan
10-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Hey Greg-we could still use your son on the line-he does play Simms position doesn't he? At least he would play with some heart.

The Bad Guy
10-02-2005, 11:18 PM
This team hasn't won a playoff game in 12 years and has been to the playoffs twice in 7 years.

It's amazing that the fans still are as loud as they are.

I blame the losing as to why the advantage is gone.

farmerchief
10-02-2005, 11:24 PM
My family of four was at the game today very exciting for the first quarter. Then when the second half started and the Chiefs couldnt do anything it was very discouraging. We left with about 6:00 left to go in the game. We had a 4 hr drive ahead of us to get home and I could see there was no fire left in the team.

stevieray
10-02-2005, 11:26 PM
I've noticed a difference from last year. People start out loud, then taper off.

The Arrowhead advantage is deteriorating.

stevieray
10-02-2005, 11:27 PM
This team hasn't won a playoff game in 12 years and has been to the playoffs twice in 7 years.

ya, we know.

greg63
10-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Hey Greg-we could still use your son on the line-he does play Simms position doesn't he? At least he would play with some heart.ROFLROFL Well, it is true that he is the only one on his team to leave a game early because of unnecessary roughness. The kid that lined up in front of him was holding him all game long and couldn't get a call. (Didn't want ya to think he's a thug.)

BigRedChief
10-02-2005, 11:35 PM
I've noticed a difference from last year. People start out loud, then taper off.

The Arrowhead advantage is deteriorating.

And leave earlier and earlier? Which I don't understand? If you are leaving early to beat the traffic wellllll........ there is alot of traffic in the lots because 40,000 people decided to leave with 7:00 mintues left.

greg63
10-02-2005, 11:40 PM
It is. It is really disappointing. There was 5:00 minutes left in the 4th qtr, and the Chiefs were down by 10 pts, at that given time, the camera focused in on the Chiefs sidelines, I saw the looks on all the players faces. Disappointed, they all looked defeated. What amazes me is, I saw no confidence, no hope. There was still time to play catch up ball, come back and win. Makes me wonder, does this team have any character?]

Good point. Team character reflects the team leadership.

philfree
10-02-2005, 11:41 PM

Watching from my seat I didn't see any give up..........I think that's a bunch of BS. Al Saunders seems to have deviated from his attack approach though. I just rolled in from the game and I gonna watch the TiVo version now so maybe I might see something to change my mind but I doubt that It will happen. The only thing and the thing that is part of our profile is we keep scoring points as games wears on but today we didn't keep scoring. We tried to run the clock and while there wil be a time and a place for that it didn't work for us today.

PhilFree:arrow:

Mecca
10-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Philly caught on to what we were doing, Saunders made no adjustments and they kicked our offense around. The players looked like they knew they had been beaten and just wanted to go home. They were hanging their heads coming off the field for halftime when they were winning......

This is real simple, people left early because that game wasn't just a loss. That game made me disgusted and embarassed to be a fan of this team. They should feel happy the people didn't stay and boo them, I personally was really pissed at the performance of this team.

Sure-Oz
10-03-2005, 12:17 AM
The crowd is sick of this bs losing, thats why. They knew where the game was headed pretty much.

jjjayb
10-03-2005, 07:28 AM
That's a bunch of BS.

"waaaahhh, we stopped cheering because we haven't won any playoff games. Waahhhh, we left early because we knew we'd lose."

Suck it up you wusses! Even if this team is 3-13 you should be making noise. If you're going to go to the game then make some frigging noise for the whole game, otherwise give your ticket to someone who will.

Props to my fellow fans who were still in the stadium cheering on as the minutes wound down. :clap:

To those of you sandy vagina-ed crybabies who left early and even worse the multitudes of you who refused to make any noise even on 3rd downs... nlm

jspchief
10-03-2005, 07:35 AM
The Arrowhead crowd has changed.

5+ years of spending the first half of the game screaming your ass off, only to be let down by the defense time after time is deflating. You can almost hear a collective "here we go again" from 77k fans.

At some point the players need to get it done. Fans don't win games.

Phobia
10-03-2005, 07:36 AM
Props to my fellow fans who were still in the stadium cheering on as the minutes wound down. :clap:

Thanks. We left when they recovered the onside kick. I'd say there were less than 4,000 at that point.

jspchief
10-03-2005, 07:43 AM
Thanks. We left when they recovered the onside kick. I'd say there were less than 4,000 at that point.Yea. Too bad 2500 of them were Eagles fans.

It was embarrasing that the Eagles fans were louder than the Chiefs fans in the second half of the 4th Qtr.

kcblue555
10-03-2005, 07:51 AM
"Fool me once shame on you, FOOL ME 16 YEARS SHAME ON ME!" I'm still waiting for Kansas City to get tired if Carl and Lamars bulls@$#t!! All that blind "go team rah rah" crap despite the reality of the situation is idotic!!!

BigRedChief
10-03-2005, 08:08 AM
Thanks. We left when they recovered the onside kick. I'd say there were less than 4,000 at that point.

I'm always there to the end. Shoot you never know. We get that onside kick I'm sure we would have scored and won the game. But 7 mintues left 40,000 fans had saw enough. Hell the team got booed a little for not trying to score at the end of the first half with 1:18 left.

Bearcat
10-03-2005, 08:11 AM
That's a bunch of BS.

"waaaahhh, we stopped cheering because we haven't won any playoff games. Waahhhh, we left early because we knew we'd lose."

Suck it up you wusses! Even if this team is 3-13 you should be making noise. If you're going to go to the game then make some frigging noise for the whole game, otherwise give your ticket to someone who will.

To those of you sandy vagina-ed crybabies who left early and even worse the multitudes of you who refused to make any noise even on 3rd downs... nlm

So one day when they win it all, you can say you suffered through the bad times :rolleyes: I used to think that way, too, until I realized it's f'n stupid to waste time watching 60 minutes of football when the team you're watching isn't playing the full 60 minutes of football.

If you don't like what you're watching, you change the channel. If you don't like the movie, you get up and leave. If the game sucks, go have a beer (that's not $8). Life's too short.

Boozer
10-03-2005, 08:35 AM
This thread is further proof that professional sports is probably the only industry where the failure of the product is blamed on the consumers.

dirk digler
10-03-2005, 08:42 AM
I am not part of the leave early crowd but I did leave early yesterday because I was out voted 3-1.

The fans aren't the problem though it is the soft Chiefs team led by our soft coaches.

Bowser
10-03-2005, 08:43 AM
This thread is further proof that professional sports is probably the only industry where the failure of the product is blamed on the consumers.

Heh heh.

We stayed until the onside kick as well. As others have already said, everybody knew it was over, and I'd say that the fans are sick of it. I sat next to a Philly fan from PA, and he was amazed at how the fans went mass exodus at about the five and a half minute mark. Told me you'd NEVER see that in Philly. I told him basically what Bad Guy said, and then he nodded in agreement.

Not really an excuse, but there are only so many times in a ten plus year stretch one can watch poor performances and meltdowns before one gets jaded. You want the fnas to stay "in" the game the WHOLE game? Tell the Chiefs to put a better product on the field.

Mr. Kotter
10-03-2005, 08:48 AM
.... Part of it the string of disappointments that we have endured the last 12 years (One playoff win etc.).

You nailed it with that... :(

I was there too. When Johnson fumbled, you could FEEL the momentum switch...and everyone was like, "ah shit...here we go again."

When Dante fumbled, it was like: "it's over." Those of us who stuck around until the failed on-sides? We were just hoping against hope, yet knowing better.... :shake:

ChiTown
10-03-2005, 08:48 AM

5+ years of spending the first half of the game screaming your ass off, only to be let down by the defense time after time is deflating. You can almost hear a collective "here we go again" from 77k fans.

:clap:

FN A.

This isn't a crowd issue. Well, I guess it partly is. I mean, the Chiefs have found ways to take the crowd out of the game in recent years............

GoTrav
10-03-2005, 08:50 AM
sitting in Club last year with some tickets we received from the in-laws was one of the lamest footbal experiences I've had. We actually had some old farts telling us to sit down. I was throughly disappointed.

BigChiefFan
10-03-2005, 08:50 AM
The games are still sold out, with prices going up nearly every year and it's some how the fans fault? I call Bull Shit.

greg63
10-03-2005, 11:47 AM

The Chiefs need to field a team that can get the job done with or without "fan support". If the defense is constantly in need of 77k+ fans screaming their heads off then we're in deep trouble on the road.

BigRedChief
10-03-2005, 12:18 PM
The Chiefs need to field a team that can get the job done with or without "fan support". If the defense is constantly in need of 77k+ fans screaming their heads off then we're in deep trouble on the road.

Very True. :clap:

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-03-2005, 12:23 PM

had to watch the giants stomp the rams while the chiefs game was on :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

gblowfish
10-03-2005, 12:29 PM
I stayed to the end. But I live 10 minutes from Arrowhead, so it's not a big deal to get home.

Yesterday's crowd was plenty loud. Here's some reasons why people left early:

1) Game was moved from a 12 noon to 3:15pm start. Some people drive four, five hours or more to attend a game. Game wasn't over till 6:30pm.

2) Rich Johnson County poop stains leave early anyway. They don't want to pay their illegal alien babysitters an extra $4 an hour for overtime babysitting.

3) When your team blows a 24-6 lead, what do you expect? The last touchdown made the game look closer than it was. Dante Hall's fumble was the killer. The Chiefs were hard to watch the whole second half.

4) The Chiefs game day routine is getting stale. It's like going to mass. You know what to expect, know when to sit down, stand up, echhhhhh....It's so predictable. Need to mix it up. Too many sponsorships and stupid contests. It's grating.

5) WTF is with playing the Rudy speech at the beginning of the fourth quarter? Everytime they do that, we lose. "Nobody wins in our house..." Except Philly, and Carolina, and Houston, and New England.......yeesh...

6) Beer in the car costs $1 a bottle. Beer in the stadium? $8. Where do YOU drown your sorrows? PS: Let the wife drive you. Don't pull a Warfield.

shaneo69
10-03-2005, 12:34 PM
I knew the game was over at the end of the 3rd quarter when the Chiefs players walked to the other end of the field. They looked absolutely dejected and appeared to have no leadership whatsoever. All I could think was...these guys have no heart.

I do have to give it up for DJ though. That guy's a one-man team out there.

greg63
10-03-2005, 12:44 PM
had to watch the giants stomp the rams while the chiefs game was on :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Yea, sometimes regional coverage really stinks.

DaFace
10-03-2005, 12:46 PM
I am fairly new to the arrowhead crowd, so you can call me part of the probme if you'd like. I left the game because, as many have mentioned, the team had given up. If the offense had rushed back onto the field, I would have stayed. Instead, they looked like they were just going through the motions. I had no hope whatsoever that they would be able to come back.

kcblue555
10-03-2005, 12:48 PM
The definition of insanity is when you keep on doing the same old thing although it never works!

greg63
10-03-2005, 12:55 PM
The definition of insanity is when you keep on doing the same old thing although it never works!

Close, it's doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result each time.

BigRedChief
10-03-2005, 01:05 PM
4) The Chiefs game day routine is getting stale. It's like going to mass. You know what to expect, know when to sit down, stand up, echhhhhh....It's so predictable. Need to mix it up. Too many sponsorships and stupid contests. It's grating.

I hate it that I have to see commercials instead of being entertained. Even the Royals who are about as hard up for money don't show as many commercials as does Arrowhead.

The KC Wolf beating up representives of other teams got old back in the 90's.

kcchief22
10-03-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm with most of you...I was EXTREMELY disappointed in Chiefs fans after Sundays loss.
The Eagles took the lead with like 9:00 left on the clock and the fans were bailing on our team.
It was like the our fans said "Ah, we dont need to cheer anymore because we're winning. AH SH*T!! We're losing, now we really cant cheer. AH F*CK it, lets leave!"
I was embarassed!

Calcountry
10-03-2005, 01:19 PM
I couldn't believe Philly could score all those 2nd half points. Almost all passing. The crowd should have destroyed their timing but they didn't. I blame the crowd.ROFL

BigRedChief
10-03-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm with most of you...I was EXTREMELY disappointed in Chiefs fans after Sundays loss.
The Eagles took the lead with like 9:00 left on the clock and the fans were bailing on our team.
It was like the our fans said "Ah, we dont need to cheer anymore because we're winning. AH SH*T!! We're losing, now we really cant cheer. AH F*CK it, lets leave!"
I was embarassed!

Well you know the "crowd" has endured 12 years of playoff win frustration. It's real easy to feel like here we go again......

For the record.......I always stay till the end. It's just what I've always done.

The other fans that don't want to stay have paid their money if they want to get up and leave its their right to do so.

Calcountry
10-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Thanks. We left when they recovered the onside kick. I'd say there were less than 4,000 at that point.YOU BITCH, you should have waited, they might have recovered a fumble, like the miracle in the Meadowlands.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-03-2005, 01:26 PM
There are a lot of fair weather fans in KC. It's sickening. Some of the people I saw on Sunday were there a couple weeks ago against the Jets. They were wearing Chiefs stuff then, now they were in Eagles gear. That is just sickening. Really, really disturbing.

KC Dan
10-03-2005, 01:27 PM
I was embarassed!
You know, I stayed until the end and I can state unequivically - STFU & STFD!!! If I pay money in a free society for attendance to an event, I'll leave if I want to. Bitching about people leaving until the end is just a cop out for really being pissed that your team f*ucked up!. It's just that simple. Place you blame on those who actually lost the game and can do something about it - THE TEAM. Not the fans who pay their salaries with their hard earned money.

Why oh why do we always revisit the "fans left early" bull**** after a home loss.

jspchief
10-03-2005, 01:34 PM
There are a lot of fair weather fans in KC. It's sickening. Some of the people I saw on Sunday were there a couple weeks ago against the Jets. They were wearing Chiefs stuff then, now they were in Eagles gear. That is just sickening. Really, really disturbing.I had some dumb bitch sitting a few rows in front of me that had on an Eagles jersey and a Chiefs hat. I wanted to strangle her.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-03-2005, 01:39 PM
I had some dumb bitch sitting a few rows in front of me that had on an Eagles jersey and a Chiefs hat. I wanted to strangle her.

The Eagles are the Dallas Cowboys of the 90s here in KC. In the 90s, there were either Chiefs fans or Cowboy fans. Dumb f#ckers.

BigRedChief
10-03-2005, 01:54 PM
You know, I stayed until the end and I can state unequivically - STFU & STFD!!! If I pay money in a free society for attendance to an event, I'll leave if I want to. Bitching about people leaving until the end is just a cop out for really being pissed that your team f*ucked up!. It's just that simple. Place you blame on those who actually lost the game and can do something about it - THE TEAM. Not the fans who pay their salaries with their hard earned money.

Why oh why do we always revisit the "fans left early" bull**** after a home loss.

Hey it was nice meeting you KC Dan.:clap:

KC Dan
10-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Hey it was nice meeting you KC Dan.:clap:
Back at ya! Thanks for not coming by and harrassing me for watching the last kneel down as I walked up the steps. I guess since I wasn't in my seat that I am not a real fan and am the cause of NOOb's embarrassment.

Shox
10-03-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm was amazed how much green was being worn in Arrowhead.

Way to many Eagle fans. Come on Chiefs homers get to Arrowhead.

BigRedChief
10-03-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm was amazed how much green was being worn in Arrowhead.

Way to many Eagle fans. Come on Chiefs homers get to Arrowhead.

dude, they have to have a % of tickets reserved for the visiting teams fans. Then there is the free market where they go for whatever the market will bear. The Eagle fan is not interested in a Bengals game.

You guys need to back off the Arrowhead faithful. We didn't all leave with 7:00 mintues left in the game.

papasmurf
10-03-2005, 03:03 PM
I was there till the bitter end.

Paul Palmer
10-03-2005, 03:37 PM
"Why oh why do we always revisit the "fans left early" bull**** after a home loss."
THIS GUY is an idiot and likely lives in Olathe...

There is no doubt about it...Fair Weather Fans = KC fans....
I have watched the Chiefs and Royals for over twenty years while growing up in KCMO and elsewhere since...They are not the fans of Buffalo or even Denver, despite how loud they are at the start...If the Royals had made the playoffs in the last 20, the Chiefs would not be nearly as popular or soldout..

JUST STAY IN FREAKIN OLATHE ...they had a chance at the end to make their own comeback in front of 15,000 fans....Once they were believed to lose, those Kansans were gettin their fat asses back to the plastic, white flower burbs.

If you say you pay and then can do what you want...YOU are not a real hometown fan...You want to feel like a winner...that is your only reason to be there!

Brock
10-03-2005, 03:40 PM
JUST STAY IN FREAKIN OLATHE ...they had a chance at the end to make their own comeback in front of 15,000 fans....Once they were believed to lose, those Kansans were gettin their fat asses back to the plastic, white flower burbs.

You are a f*cking retard. If all but 15,000 fans were from Kansas, I guess that means fans from Missouri really, really suck.

Paul Palmer
10-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Dude, the 15,000 fans left were a sprinkling of fans from both sides of the line...and of course those several thousand from Philly too....The early risers were burbanite reds who like to be seen on gameday more than actually weather the rough ride of Peterson's Chiefs and any type of demoralization that comes with another loss...To walk out with 7 minutes left and 10 down is unforgiveable...That epitomizes fair weather...

Iowanian
10-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Screw this noise......

The 12th man has more than done its job the past 15 years. Its the team thats not held up thier end.
The Fan can't be expected to yell until he's having an exploded artery, when the Team is giving up 28 unaswered points.

Bullshit.

The team does its job and the fans will hold up.

KC Dan
10-03-2005, 04:05 PM
"Why oh why do we always revisit the "fans left early" bull**** after a home loss."
THIS GUY is an idiot and likely lives in Olathe...

There is no doubt about it...Fair Weather Fans = KC fans....

Hey DICKHEAD!!! nlm I live in Vancouver and fly out to all the home games. Preseason and regular season! I wouldn't begin to question one's fandom but you are a real piece of work. I certainly won't play the I'm more a fan than you shit but you figure it out. F*CK YOU!!!

I was there to the end and I don't have to justify myself to you, you freaking moron, NOOb. Go pack to espn.com where you belong.

greg63
10-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Well you know the "crowd" has endured 12 years of playoff win frustration. It's real easy to feel like here we go again......

For the record.......I always stay till the end. It's just what I've always done.

The other fans that don't want to stay have paid their money if they want to get up and leave its their right to do so.

Excellent Point. :clap:

T-post Tom
10-03-2005, 10:19 PM

No way. I was at the game. The players did NOT give up. The coaching staff fugged this one up. Philly made game-time adjustments and the Chiefs didn't. Gun & Al had a very bad day. Vermeil too. The number of coaching gaffes are mind boggling. Absolutely horrible. For once, Whitlock got it right. Although he left out alot of the mistakes. Probably ran out of column space... :cuss:

Pants
10-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Dude, the 15,000 fans left were a sprinkling of fans from both sides of the line...and of course those several thousand from Philly too....The early risers were burbanite reds who like to be seen on gameday more than actually weather the rough ride of Peterson's Chiefs and any type of demoralization that comes with another loss...To walk out with 7 minutes left and 10 down is unforgiveable...That epitomizes fair weather...

You're a f*cking idiot. But, uhh what else is new, right?

saturnknts
10-03-2005, 10:33 PM
wow i was going to start a thread about this this morning and missed this thread from yesterday. i only went in person to the jets game. but my perception of the fans is one and the same as the op of this thread.

during the jets game with about half a quarter left to play me and the wife were sitting there and cheering on the team and of course hoping for the shutout. all of a sudden there is this mass exodus. those FANS that left let down the defense. they should have been there 100% in full force to help stop the jets from scoring and they left.

i was really in shock, i know we have to drive three hours from wichita and make it a big trip so we are never in any big hurry to leave the stadium. hell we left about 15 minutes after the game ended and still had to wait to leave the lots for about an hour.

what is everyones big rush to leave? and why let the team down like that. i was and still am ashamed of how alot of fans act anymore. not one person should leave the stadium until the final whistle blows imo.

Stinger
10-03-2005, 10:37 PM
I was shocked at the 7:00 minute mark to see everyone go, but if you paid you leave when you want. Just don't block my view on the way out is all I ask.

T-post Tom
10-03-2005, 10:39 PM
what is everyones big rush to leave?

Six + hours of pounding adult beverages will do that to a person. I agree though. I never leave until the the game clock shows 00:00

Halfcan
10-03-2005, 10:49 PM
I hear it is really really quiet out there tonight for MNF.

jjjayb
10-03-2005, 11:01 PM
I hear it is really really quiet out there tonight for MNF.

Only for you wusses who left a day early. Some of us are still here at arrowhead cheering our asses off! :rockon:

kregger
10-03-2005, 11:24 PM
. Hell the team got booed a little for not trying to score at the end of the first half with 1:18 left.

They should have been boo'ed. It's one thing if you're getting the ball back to start the 2nd half. But we were in a tailspin. Green should have spiked the ball after the first down and then set up for a 20yd outpattern or a hailmary. NO GUTS! Don't wanna hear that crap about calls not coming in fast enough. CALL YOUR OWN FREAKIN' PLAYS, TRENT.

CosmicPal
10-03-2005, 11:36 PM
The only thing that has changed over the years is the price of food, beer, and parking. Well, that and the Jumbotron addition and how you can't throw the football around in the parking lot anymore like we used to do when we were kids.

Fans have always left early. I shake my head and just continue to watch the game= win or lose. I can judge those who leave, but why bother? Look around the league- it happens everywhere, in every stadium, with every fanbase.

Despite what you might think- The Chiefs still have one of the deepest and most fanatic of fanbases. And that, my friend, is my support group on bad Sundays, and a part of my joy on good Sundays.

BigRedChief
12-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Little did I know it was going to get worse. ;)

Dartgod
12-15-2009, 04:19 PM
The crowd didn't change. The team did.

HotRoute
12-15-2009, 04:20 PM
more wins = more noise. period.

Mojo Jojo
12-15-2009, 04:31 PM
The crowd has changed in the last 7 years that I have been a season ticket holder.

It is a less pasionate crowd than before.

Part of it is money. Alot of the core hard core screaming fans can't afford NFL season tickets. They have been replaced with the ticket holder more interested in tailgating and the festive atmosphere. Part of it the string of disappointments that we have endured the last 12 years (One playoff win etc.).

The crowd was loud. This loss aint on them. but when you have a mass exodus with 7 mintues left and the team only down 10 points it is a fact that can't be denied anymore. This aint the same crowd that use to cheer a DT sack.

The Chiefs now have very lazy fans. Too many posts and radio shows on why the Chiefs owe it to people to have home games televised. If you care that much then buy the tickets. Don't expect others to buy tickets so you can stay at home.

KC has become the Falcons, Lions, Jagaurs, Bucs etc. I don't want to pay to go, but I would like to watch it on TV.

Mojo Jojo
12-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Screw this noise......

The 12th man has more than done its job the past 15 years. Its the team thats not held up thier end.
The Fan can't be expected to yell until he's having an exploded artery, when the Team is giving up 28 unaswered points.

Bullshit.

The team does its job and the fans will hold up.

That never seemed to bother Packers of Bears fans. They still buy tickets, show up and are loud for their teams.

Iowanian
12-15-2009, 05:03 PM
The Packers haven't been terrible since Reggie White and Faaaaaaaaaaaaarvvvvvvvra showed up.

Mojo Jojo
12-15-2009, 05:20 PM
The Packers haven't been terrible since Reggie White and Faaaaaaaaaaaaarvvvvvvvra showed up.

I know, but there was that 10/15 year gap when they were one of the worst teams in the NFL. Still sold out and no one ever bitched about the quality of the fans.

Raised On Riots
12-15-2009, 05:48 PM
That's a bunch of BS.

Somewhere in the world, Carl Peterson just popped a big boner without his Viagra.