PDA

View Full Version : Get well soon Willie Roaf

Wallcrawler
10-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Man.

Isnt it amazing how much difference one guy like Willie Roaf makes? Personally, I am guilty of taking Willie Roaf for granted. Yeah, I knew he was good and everything, but I had no idea that our offense would become so inconsistent without him.

We got Saunders calling little dumpoffs and slants every down, and we have Tony Gonzalez in blocking schemes rather than pass patterns trying to protect our QB.

We cant run the ball nearly as effective, but I dont know if that is just Willie Roaf being out, or Al Saunders apparent refusal to run the ball straigh ahead more often instead of going with the stretch plays all the time.

It is quite clear to me at this point that the Chiefs better pray that a quality left tackle is available in free agency next season if Willie does call it a career after season's end, because Jordan Black/Chris Bober is NOT gonna get it done.

I cant believe how badly this game turned out, after the incredible start. Having the Eagles down 24-6, and then just apparently calling it a day. The defense was literally hung out to dry in this game. The offense couldnt stay on the field in the second half to save their lives.

3 passing yards in the third quarter. Very few times have I ever been as disgusted with an offense as I was with the performance of the offense in this game.

Samie Parker either needs to learn to catch the football, or hit the practice squad. This is getting really old, really fast.

Larry Johnson needs to learn how to protect the football. 2 straight weeks now, a fumble by Larry Johnson has been an absolute killer for the team. Something as simple as a QB/HB exchange being screwed up is inexcusable. When I see this offense turning the football over like that, it simply strengthens my belief that Priest Holmes gives us the best chance to win.

Thank heavens we have the bye week this week. Hopefully Willie Roaf can come back healthy, and this offense can get back on track in terms of the protections. Gonzalez will once again be free to be a pass catching tight end and not an extra lineman, Willie can anchor the left side leaving the rest of the O-line able to help out in double team situations somewhere else along the defensive front.

BigMeatballDave
10-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Priest was running just fine in the 1st quarter untill Saunders starts to get cute and pass-happy...****stick...

keg in kc
10-03-2005, 12:03 AM
I think the stat I heard on the radio before the game was that the saints and chiefs were collectively 3-11 over the course of his career when he's out. 3-12 now.

Mecca
10-03-2005, 12:08 AM
I know everyone wants to bag on Larry Johnson for fumbling, but he got hit right when he was taking the handoff. Whoever was suppose to be blocking that Philly player should take just as much heat as LJ. There are a ton of backs in this league who would fumble in that circumstance.

Also is it just me, or is this the 2nd week in a row where I've seen someone run right past Will Shields.

Halfcan
10-03-2005, 12:11 AM
Black was simply dreadful, but what is new.

Saggysack
10-03-2005, 12:17 AM
You know, I'm tired of hearing Willie just needs to get healthy and then come back because he has earned that right. He is a veteren, a all pro, a leader. His ass needs to be on the field. It's fuggin football and if you can't rely on your veteren leaders to play thru pain then who the fug can you rely on? It's time for Willie to say my QB needs me out there, my team needs me out there, screw the fuggin pain. Damn, McNabb can go out there more banged up on the field than anyone else and still perform at a high level. Willie should to. That's what leaders do.

Mecca
10-03-2005, 12:20 AM
Mcnabb can't make his injury worse.......Roaf can, would you be thrilled to have Willie go out there tear his hamstring then miss 2 months?

Wallcrawler
10-03-2005, 12:20 AM
I know everyone wants to bag on Larry Johnson for fumbling, but he got hit right when he was taking the handoff.

No he didnt. He gave Trent Green very little area to place the ball. He fumbled it around, and THEN he got hit.

Thats the kind of thing that pisses me off when you put a young guy in there, when you have a proven back like Priest Holmes.

I dont ever recall in the time that Priest has been here, him EVER fumbling the damned handoff. Priest rarely fumbles at all. Maybe one on a season.

Its just not something that happens when you have Holmes back there. This offense cannot turn the ball over like that. If Johnson cant protect the ball, he can ride the pine. I dont give a rats ass how fast, or how strong he is if he cant hold onto the ball. Priest may not bust one for 97, but you can bet your ass he isnt going to put the ball on the ground either.

Two weeks straight now. This is becoming a trend. Get your head out of your ass LJ, and get more concerned with doing your f'ing job than your "street credit" and clothing deals.

dtebbe
10-03-2005, 12:21 AM
You know, I'm tired of hearing Willie just needs to get healthy and then come back because he has earned that right. He is a veteren, a all pro, a leader. His ass needs to be on the field. It's fuggin football and if you can't rely on your veteren leaders to play thru pain then who the fug can you rely on? It's time for Willie to say my QB needs me out there, my team needs me out there, screw the fuggin pain. Damn, McNabb can go out there more banged up on the field than anyone else and still perform at a high level. Willie should to. That's what leaders do.

Spoken like someone who has never had a bad hamstring. If he comes back early and re-injures it, he probably done for the season. We're not talking about a 6'1 195# boy here, we're talking about a 320+# MAN. They are doing the right thing a letting him get healthy so he will be there for the rest of the season. Willie has NEVER mailed one in, and if he was able to play he would be.

DT

Wallcrawler
10-03-2005, 12:24 AM

Eh....

If there was ANY possible way for Roaf to play, he would play. This isnt some little pussy we're talking about here. This is Willie f'in Roaf.

This guy is a warrior. Yeah, we need him, but we need him for the rest of the year.

How the hell is he supposed to run and block, trying to carry his 320 pounds on a torn hamstring?

When it becomes physically possible for Roaf to take the field, Roaf will take the field. Playing through pain isnt the issue with Roaf. It never has been, and for you to suggest that he is letting the team down by not playing because he doesnt want to play through pain is completely out of left field.

I have no idea where you got that from.

KcMizzou
10-03-2005, 12:27 AM
I posted this in another thread a little while ago...

In the postgame interview, DV said Roaf would be 100% ready to go against the 'skins. He said something to the effect of, "If this game had been played on this coming Wednesday, Willie would have played."