PDA

View Full Version : How much will Warfield help this team?

ArrowheadLouder
10-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Will Eric Warfield help this defense that much? And what about Welbourn?

htismaqe
10-03-2005, 09:56 AM
I honestly don't think Warfield will help at all.

The type of zone they are currently playing is NOT to mask McCleon's deficiencies. They're playing soft on both sides of the field...

morphius
10-03-2005, 10:05 AM
Exactly what htismaqe just said, as soft a zone as what we are playing, it will not matter.

Hoover
10-03-2005, 10:06 AM
I think he helps a lot.

I think Once we get him back the Zone Coverage goes away and we play more Man.

Rain Man
10-03-2005, 10:09 AM
I think he'll help if it'll let us play more man to man.

Archie Bunker
10-03-2005, 10:10 AM
It will allow the Chiefs to blitz more but with no d-line it wont matter.

StcChief
10-03-2005, 10:11 AM
Agreed. The man-to-man coverage time should go way up. Our D will be stronger than.

Just stay off the bottle Warfield. :p

keg in kc
10-03-2005, 10:12 AM
It should help. If nothing else, it'll (fingers crossed) get Woods and/or Washington off the field permanently, and make our nickel/dime packages include Surtain, Warfield, McCleon and Sapp.

It's not like it can get worse...

I think getting Sims back is as important, but I have no idea if he'll ever be back. I'll take what I can get at this point, though. I think the secondary will get stronger as the season progresses, simply from game reps; I don't think we'll see many more games like yesterday where the entire secondary looked lost after a number of plays. You know it's bad when they're all glaring at each other after a play, body language shouting "who's f*cking man was that?!" I thought it would take time to gel, but that was embarrassing.

gblowfish
10-03-2005, 10:14 AM
He makes radical margaritas.

RedThat
10-03-2005, 10:16 AM
IF he gets to the back to the form he was last year, I see a big upgrade in our secondary. He could give us more options to play man-to-man, instead of zone all the time. Of course, its always the big "IF". It's just a matter of how he responds coming off the suspension, if he's in game shape, rusty or not. I dont expect Warfield to jam receivers though, or physically outmatch receivers. I do expect better man-to-man coverage coming from our secondary though.

Hammock Parties
10-03-2005, 10:18 AM
The good news is Warfield has 2 weeks to get back into the swing of things. Should help, right? RIGHT? GOD DAMMIT!

jspchief
10-03-2005, 10:18 AM
I think it will be mild help, and it won't happen for a few more weeks.

It is an upgrade at #2 CB and Nickelback. I think McCleon will be better at NB than Sapp. Sapp has looked good coming on blitzes, but hasn't been spectacular at NB.

Hopefully, it will give Gun confidence to play more aggressive.

htismaqe
10-03-2005, 10:28 AM
You guys that think Warfiled coming back instantly equals more man coverage need to pay close attention to what Gunther is doing on SURTAIN'S side of the field.

Their not playing zone just to protect McCleon...

RedThat
10-03-2005, 10:32 AM
You guys that think Warfiled coming back instantly equals more man coverage need to pay close attention to what Gunther is doing on SURTAIN'S side of the field.

Their not playing zone just to protect McCleon...

You are right on that part. I saw Surtain play 10 yds off his man, a lot times in that game. What disgusted me more than anything, is, the amount of open space they gave Owens all day. That TD Owens scored, nobody, and i mean nobody was on him
:cuss: