PDA

View Full Version : This loss hurts 18 times worse than Denver

Thig Lyfe
10-03-2005, 11:13 AM
:banghead:

There is NO EXCUSE for blowing a 24-6 lead, or allowing 31 straight points, or scoring all of 7 points in the second half.

This loss is worse than Denver because the Chiefs SHOULD HAVE WON this game. Denver, they just got steamrolled. It was bad from the beginning. Against the Eagles, though, the Chiefs dominated the first half, and then completely collapsed.

I still think this is a playoff team, especially with Roaf, Warfield, etc. back. This team is still in good shape for the rest of the season, but this loss was disconcerting at best.

RedThat
10-03-2005, 11:21 AM

There is NO EXCUSE for blowing a 24-6 lead, or allowing 31 straight points, or scoring all of 7 points in the second half.

This loss is worse than Denver because the Chiefs SHOULD HAVE WON this game. Denver, they just got steamrolled. It was bad from the beginning. Against the Eagles, though, the Chiefs dominated the first half, and then completely collapsed.

I still think this is a playoff team, especially with Roaf, Warfield, etc. back. This team is still in good shape for the rest of the season, but this loss was disconcerting at best.

Playoff team? Nah i dont think so. They lack character, heart. I hope Im wrong, and I hope your right though.

Count Alex's Losses
10-03-2005, 11:22 AM
I disagree, it hurts 19 times worse.

BigMeatballDave
10-03-2005, 11:23 AM
If this game was not a wake-up call, I don't what would be...

RedThat
10-03-2005, 11:27 AM
It'll be interesting to see how this team responds after having 2 embarassing losses come their way. It'll show our true colours. Hopefully, they can rebound, and realize this is a kick in the arse. I dont feel optimistic after these 2 losses, Vermeil giving the team a week vacation is not good at getting this team in the right direction imo. Instead, he should be practicing these guys like crazy, whipping their balls into shape, getting their acts together. He's giving them a week off :shake:

I dont like Vermeil!

cookster50
10-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Chiefs, meet the Royals, Royals, meet the Chiefs.

DaFace
10-03-2005, 11:56 AM
It'll be interesting to see how this team responds after having 2 embarassing losses come their way. It'll show our true colours.

My only problem with that is that there were many who said that THIS week would be where we would see the team's "true colors" after the embarassment at Denver. Not good.

StcChief
10-03-2005, 12:05 PM
No Royals refuse to spend a dime yearly to try and compete. If the find
a diamond in the rough the trade him.

Chiefs try and put a team on the field yearly and stay close to the salary cap.

Huge difference.

Frankie
10-03-2005, 12:14 PM
This loss hurts 18 times worse than Denver

Losing to Denver:
A 2-game swing against a divisional opponent. Losing in an embarrassing, heartless way on MNF, no less. Losing a potential tie breaker.

Losing to Philly:
Losing to an NFC team with no significant tie-breaking ramification. Losing to last Superbowl NFC rep.

NEIN HER WOLF!!!!.... Losing to the Donks hurts a lot more.

Frankie
10-03-2005, 12:15 PM
ROFL
Maybe they actually should play in separate sports venues.

DaFace
10-03-2005, 12:17 PM
NEIN HER WOLF!!!!.... Losing to the Donks hurts a lot more.

From an overall standings point, I agree. However, the implications of a team that gives up 31 unanswered points in ARROWHEAD is what makes this game worse for me.

chiefqueen
10-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Forget about playoffs.........this at best is a 5-11 team w/ wins coming against Wash., Miami, and Houston.

Anybody with a decent passing attack will throttle us.

Alec R
10-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Man, the sky is falling over here.

Look at it this way, you have an almost gauranteed win against Denver in December at Arrowhead.

Thig Lyfe
10-04-2005, 10:55 AM
From an overall standings point, I agree. However, the implications of a team that gives up 31 unanswered points in ARROWHEAD is what makes this game worse for me.

Exactly.

SLAG
10-04-2005, 11:04 AM
This game Was worse of a loss for me are for the Following Reasons:

1- ARROWHEAD - LOSING AT HOME

2- GIVING UP THE BIG LEAD

*3*- THE BIGGEST REASON: THE PHILLY FANS IN SECTION 329, THEY RUINED THE GAME FOR ME, THEY WERE THE MOST ANNOYING, OBNOXIOUS AND RUDE FANS I have EVER SEEN AT ONE ARROWHEAD DRIVE.

Tuckdaddy
10-04-2005, 11:14 AM

I agree that we will be better getting our players back but I don't think we are in good shape. Schedule wise it's not going to easy. We have several tough road games. NY, San Diego and Buff head the list. We need a 4 game win streak.

fan4ever
10-04-2005, 01:00 PM
This game showed exactly who we are. We're a team that will capitalize upon your mistakes, but can't make anything much happen on our own (the Dante kick return excluded).

We have a very hard time changing momentum; once a team is rolling, they roll over us.

We have no pass rush, and I don't care what we've done at linebacker and secondary; we screwed if we can't sack the opposing QB.

Playoffs? Don't think so, if we do, we'll limp in...and then limp out.

I'm not a fair weather fan; I've just seen this too many times to be optimistic about the rest of the season.

By the way, I'm sure this has been addressed, but that stupid little out pattern that got picked for 6 is the dumbest play in the NFL. Rarely gains much ground, and not worth the risk. Didn't Houston pick us on that dumb ass play last year when we were about to score?

Frankie
10-04-2005, 01:05 PM
By the way, I'm sure this has been addressed, but that stupid little out pattern that got picked for 6 is the dumbest play in the NFL. Rarely gains much ground, and not worth the risk. Didn't Houston pick us on that dumb ass play last year when we were about to score?
I totally agree. I often wonder why we have lame play like that in our playbook but nothing like an occasional flea flicker to shock the other team and regain offensive momentum.

Rausch
10-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Forget about playoffs.........this at best is a 5-11 team w/ wins coming against Wash., Miami, and Houston.

Anybody with a decent passing attack will throttle us.
:titus:

Elwaysux
10-04-2005, 01:13 PM
As much as I HATE Denver I have to agree this one hurts more. At home, blowing a big lead is tough. Flying back to Philadelphia with those %$#* Eagles fans and hearing E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles sealed the deal for me.

DaWolf
10-04-2005, 01:27 PM
This loss sucked big time. HOWEVER in the larger scheme of things it may not mean as much as we think. My hope is that the loss forces the coaches to refocus what we are doing and the players to refocus on what they're supposed to be doing on the field. There's nothing that happened that isn't correctable. I've seen bad coaching from Al Saunders before, and I've seen bad coaching from Gunther Cunningham before. If this wasn't a wake up call for them I don't know what is. what this team looks like after the bye will be a true indication of what we have. They can either lay down and die or they can fight for their playoff lives. I've seen the 49ers get throttled at home by the Eagles and Randall Cunningham and go on to win the Super Bowl, and I've seen the defending champs get blown out at home by the Chargers. It happens. It's early still. Better now and better to an NFC team than later and to an AFC team. The loss hurts a lot but hopefully the ship can be righted, because as the first half showed, when we're focused and not killing ourselves, we can still play with anyone...

Thig Lyfe
10-04-2005, 03:10 PM
The first half, they looked like a SB team.

The second half, they looked sub-.500

I don't know what to think, so I'll take my natural inclination towards optimism.

Frankie
10-04-2005, 03:23 PM
The first half, they looked like a SB team.
More like the first quarter, right?