PDA

View Full Version : Anybody played Fable?

keg in kc
10-09-2005, 03:46 PM
On a whim I picked up the PC version last night, Fable - The Lost Chapters, and I'm really digging the hell out of it.

Valiant
10-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Its ****ing awesome... Will pick it up on pc even though i have it on xbox just to play the extra chapters... well once I find a good deal on it...

htismaqe
10-10-2005, 09:04 AM
I played the original release on XBox...great game.

Pants
10-11-2005, 03:07 AM
Yeah, I played it on Xbox, twice (first time ever I played through a game twice). DLed the PC version and the controls and the way menus were set up seemed horrible compared to the incredibly fluid system they had on Xbox. I stopped playing after about 10 minutes.

Swanman
10-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I played it on Xbox, twice (first time ever I played through a game twice). DLed the PC version and the controls and the way menus were set up seemed horrible compared to the incredibly fluid system they had on Xbox. I stopped playing after about 10 minutes.

I'm pretty happy with the controls on the PC so far. They're not perfect, but the controls haven't hindered my play at all.

I'm about 3 hours into it but have put it down recently to play X-Men Legends II for PS2. That game offers some great mindless dungeon crawling with really cool X-Men characters. It's awesome to play as Wolverine with Magneto in your party (good and bad guys team up in this one against another enemy if you haven't seen one of the commercial's 7,315,923 airings).

ChiefFripp
10-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Wating for Elder Scrolls:Oblivion for PC.Link (http://www.waiting4oblivion.com/)

Bowser
10-25-2005, 06:04 PM
On a whim, I picked up the original Fable for XBOX today. Never played it, and don't know anything about it. Look forward to trying it out.....

Pants
10-25-2005, 08:18 PM
On a whim, I picked up the original Fable for XBOX today. Never played it, and don't know anything about it. Look forward to trying it out.....

You should have rented the new one instead. You'd have enough time to beat it twice and return it.

htismaqe
10-26-2005, 09:18 AM
You should have rented the new one instead. You'd have enough time to beat it twice and return it.

I haven't played the new one, but that was my one complaint about the first one -- far too short.