PDA

View Full Version : Playing with Great Tenacity

Katie
10-12-2005, 07:14 AM
Vermeil made the statement that Washington plays with "great tenacity". I would like to see our Chiefs play like there is no tomorrow starting this Sunday. They started out playing aggressive ball in the Philly game but didn't carry through.

Just wondering what you all think...will we see an improved, aggressive, well-oiled machine that can finish games or the team that has fallen apart the last two games?

Gaz
10-12-2005, 07:16 AM
Depends on whether we cough up the ball again and again and again.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinks the turnovers hurt a bit.

ROYC75
10-12-2005, 07:17 AM
I wish I knew, my crystal ball is on strike.

Rain Man
10-12-2005, 07:18 AM
I wish I knew, my crystal ball is on strike.

Do you have any predictions on when it might end?

jspchief
10-12-2005, 07:18 AM
*Obligatory reference to Atlanta and Baltimore game*

greg63
10-12-2005, 07:20 AM
I consulted my "8" ball and it came up with "Maybe".

Nzoner
10-12-2005, 07:36 AM
I have to think the return of Roaf will give the team a much needed boost,however,after having watched the Donks-Skins game this last Sunday I have to agree with coach as they never gave up and came damn close to winning in the final seconds.

As for no tomorrow,I hate to sound so pessimistic but 5th game or not if this team loses another home game especially after coming off a bye,there may be no tomorrow in sight,at least for another season.It's time to get that losing taste out of their mouths,make a statement and get on with it.

Extra Point
10-12-2005, 07:39 AM
I think we'll see a machine that needs more than oil (excellent field coaching), but will make fewer mistakes than our opponent. The screws (blitz and man coverage) will have been torqued down on new gaskets (contain) to stop the leaks on the defensive side. The offensive side will perform better, fired up by our tighter defense. As with most any game, the team that makes the fewest mistakes, wins.

Will we find Gunther upstairs?

ROYC75
10-12-2005, 07:56 AM
*Obligatory reference to Atlanta and Baltimore game*

I agree, a wounded dog has it's day.

milkman
10-12-2005, 08:17 AM
The Chiefs rarely ever play with any intensity.

I was watching that MNF game as the Steelers and Chargers were both playing with emotion and desire, and thinking I would love to see that in KC.

As much as I dislike Marty, he at least had teams in KC that played with that kind of intensity, and he has the Chargers playing that way.

With Dick in charge, we have a soft team in KC.

This isn't a team that has fallen apart over the last couple games.
This is a team that hasn't been fixed in years.

Warrior5
10-12-2005, 08:17 AM
As for no tomorrow,I hate to sound so pessimistic but 5th game or not if this team loses another home game especially after coming off a bye,there may be no tomorrow in sight,at least for another season.It's time to get that losing taste out of their mouths,make a statement and get on with it.

Agreed...as goes the game Sunday, so goes the Chiefs season. But again, I firmly believe they will turn it around.

KCTitus
10-12-2005, 08:22 AM
if KC wins, all will be saved and the Planet will meltdown. If they lose, all will be lost and the Planet will meltdown.

Stinger
10-12-2005, 08:32 AM
Why would a team play with "great tenacity", when they are coddled and excuses made for their play on the field by their coaches and hierarchy?

greg63
10-12-2005, 09:44 AM
I have to think the return of Roaf will give the team a much needed boost,however,after having watched the Donks-Skins game this last Sunday I have to agree with coach as they never gave up and came damn close to winning in the final seconds.

Agreed, it would be nice to see the Defense return to the same intensity they showed in the Jets game, and to see the Offense finally firing on all thrusters.

Phobia
10-12-2005, 09:50 AM
Great Tenacity? Are you kidding me? DV said that? In a press conference? No. That's crazy talk.

B_Ambuehl
10-12-2005, 10:12 AM
The Chiefs always play at home with tenacity which is why they win 75% of the time at arrowhead. They played the first quarter against Philly with tenacity but had it scared out of them by the start of the 2nd half for obvious reasons.

They rarely if ever play with that confident mindset on the road though and that concerns me more.

milkman
10-12-2005, 10:46 AM
The Chiefs always play at home with tenacity which is why they win 75% of the time at arrowhead. They played the first quarter against Philly with tenacity but had it scared out of them by the start of the 2nd half for obvious reasons.

They rarely if ever play with that confident mindset on the road though and that concerns me more.

What was the Chiefs home record last year?

And how about 2000-2002?

From my vantage point, '03 was an abberation for the Chiefs under Dick's direction.

This team hasn't been very good, home or away, for quite some time now.

B_Ambuehl
10-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Overall they win 75% of their games at home. Whether that's 0-8 one year and 24-0 the next 3 or whatever that's what it adds up to and I can't recall an opposing team picking up an easy victory at arrowhead in 3 years. I don't know the road record but the 2 road games this year they looked blown out before the games even started. We will see against Miami and SD.

milkman
10-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Overall they win 75% of their games at home. Whether that's 0-8 one year and 24-0 the next 3 or whatever that's what it adds up to and I can't recall an opposing team picking up an easy victory at arrowhead in 3 years. I don't know the road record but the 2 road games this year they looked blown out before the games even started. We will see against Miami and SD.

They won at Oakland.
Never looked blown out in that game.

Fish
10-12-2005, 05:16 PM
5 out of 7 voices in my head say "yes, the Chiefs will improve"

Blindside58
10-12-2005, 06:40 PM
I thought Tenacity meant Clogging, Spinal piercing & Satan Worshipping?!