PDA

View Full Version : If I were Carl Peterson...

Taco John
10-12-2005, 11:38 PM
...I'd do whatever it took to get Lavar Arrington out of the hands of Washington and into the hands of Gunther Cunningham... He's freelancer, and thus would make a great candidate for the falcon-style defense.

tk13
10-12-2005, 11:41 PM
Salary cap.

I don't think there's any way we could do that without completely chopping up the team... then on top of that we'd give up a high draft pick to get him. So essentially we'd cap ourselves out, have to cut guys, give up our best draft picks, and have nothing left after this year. I'm sure you'd love Carl to do that... :)

Halfcan
10-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Yep we need another LB???

Taco John
10-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Salary cap.

I don't think there's any way we could do that without completely chopping up the team... then on top of that we'd give up a high draft pick to get him. So essentially we'd cap ourselves out, have to cut guys, give up our best draft picks, and have nothing left after this year. I'm sure you'd love Carl to do that... :)

Same problem Redskins have... He's basically trapped there.

But were I Carl, I'd keep an eye on that situation for next year...

Taco John
10-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Yep we need another LB???

You only have one really good one, by my estimation.

Skip Towne
10-12-2005, 11:48 PM
You only have one really good one, by my estimation.
Ok, I'll bite, which one is good?

SNR
10-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Ok, I'll bite, which one is good?I'll give you a hint. His name starts with an R and ends in ich Scanlon

NJ Chief Fan
10-13-2005, 12:39 AM
lets cut bell and sign arrington and while were cutting people lets cut scanlon

HolmeZz
10-13-2005, 12:48 AM
Peterson's been running this team like he's a Bronco fan so it's only fitting one would be giving him advice.

Rausch
10-13-2005, 12:56 AM
...I'd do whatever it took to get Lavar Arrington out of the hands of Washington and into the hands of Gunther Cunningham... He's freelancer, and thus would make a great candidate for the falcon-style defense.

I bet you would.

He's ****ing Brian Bozworth...

Chiefs Pantalones
10-13-2005, 01:05 AM
If I were Carl Peterson, I'd resign thus giving Chiefs fans a reason to be excited again.

Wallcrawler
10-13-2005, 02:38 AM
Opt to not give Kendrell Bell the roster bonus due to him next season and cut him, cut Shawn Barber who counts for nearly 5 M in base salary against our cap, along with some of the cash that will be freed up with the retirements of Willie Roaf and Will Shields to sign Arrington.

Arrington most likely will not be a Redskin next year. He hasnt played much this year, and theyve still been successful on defense. He's set to count for about 12 M against the Redskins cap next year, so I really dont see him being there next year for that kind of money. Not when they can play as well as they have been without him.

Derrick Johnson and Lavar Arrington as the outside linebackers for the Chiefs would be outstanding.

DeepSouth
10-13-2005, 07:17 AM
Arrington most likely will not be a Redskin next year. He hasnt played much this year, and theyve still been successful on defense.

Why hasn't he played much?

the Talking Can
10-13-2005, 07:29 AM
If I were CP I'd hire Washington's DC and I wouldn't touch Arrington with Ron Mexico's diseased pole.

Tuckdaddy
10-13-2005, 07:36 AM
Trade Gonzo for him. Maybe not.

Brock
10-13-2005, 08:01 AM
The most overrated player since Champ Bailey.

The Bad Guy
10-13-2005, 08:10 AM

I agree.

Arrington has some great speed, pass rush skills and he would be a great fit for the Falcon.

His athleticism is through the roof and if his sole job was to kill the QB, I would be fine with that.

Play a 3-4 next year wtih Arrington, Bell, Mitchell and DJ.

Count Alex's Losses
10-13-2005, 08:20 AM
That would be one awesome LB corps.

How sad is it that we're finally building a defense as our offense is falling apart?

Hopefully we get an OC in here that isn't a complete tool and can utilize Gonzalez and Johnson as the centerpieces of the new offense.

Cormac
10-13-2005, 08:30 AM
If I were CP I'd hire Washington's DC and I wouldn't touch Arrington with Ron Mexico's diseased pole.

:clap: