PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom of Heaven!

Halfcan
10-13-2005, 12:00 AM
From Ridley Scott.

A thrilling, action-packed epic of Honor, Passion, and Courage that explodes with adventure. Orlando Bloom heads an allstar cast in this sweeping tale about a young knight during the crusades. He must battle overwhelming odds to save his people and fulfill his destiny.

Jeremy Irons
Brendan Gleasan
Liam Neeson-in his usual tutor and trainer role that ends with him dying.

So many things about this movie were great-but many scenes were just ripoffs.

"I am your Father"-sound familar?

And the castle battle seemed stolen from the Lord of the Rings.

The beautifully filmed movie gets drug down by stupid dialog like-
"Just because you made these peasants Knights, do you think they will fight harder?"

Orlando Bloom- "Yes"

I like OB but I think he got the part because he can sword fight-he is not ready for a lead in an epic. If you like the predictable sword movie this is it. A little history thrown in, but not enough to make it a classic.

I give it 3 halfcans of beer out of a sixpack.

Miles
10-13-2005, 02:49 AM
I watched it last night. Pretty entertaining movie overall but had some serious flaws. I thought the plot was overly dumbed down to make it way to simple for what the movie was. Eva Green looked pretty hot though.

Fire Me Boy!
10-13-2005, 06:55 AM
Not crap, just not anything close to what it should have been. As I said here when it was released in theaters, I thought it was the best epic to come out since Gladiator, but when stacked up against "true" classic epic films -- Ben Hur, et. al. -- it's complete garbage.

DeepSouth
10-13-2005, 07:12 AM
Liam Neeson-in his usual tutor and trainer role that ends with him dying.

Guess I won't have to wonder about the outcome of his part when I watch it.

Fire Me Boy!
10-13-2005, 07:19 AM
Guess I won't have to wonder about the outcome of his part when I watch it.
He didn't really spoil anything... I believe it was in the trailers and it happens so early on in the film, it's not really all that significant.

Pants
10-13-2005, 04:58 PM
I loved it. Of course Ridley is probably my fav. director. His shit is tense.