PDA

View Full Version : A Fantasy RB Question

CosmicPal
10-13-2005, 10:00 AM
I've got L. Tomlinson as one of my starting RBs. I was in sore need of a QB so I traded away Rudi Johnson and the Jags to snag Eli Manning.

I now need to fill that void w/another starting RB. We have a few free agents out there available:

Chris Brown - Titans
Lee Suggs - Browns
Moe Williams - Vikings

Right now I've got Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, and the rookie Cedric Benson to choose from as my other starter. We all know about Larry, and Willie will now be losing carries, and Cedric is only in there 'cause of the injury to Thomas Jones.

Williams will be coming back in a week or two, as will Suggs. Brown has been a major disappointment. What do you guys think? Stick with what I have or pick up one of those three free agents, and whom?

The Bad Guy
10-13-2005, 10:01 AM
I would grab Chris Brown.

Henry has 2 weeks left on his suspension.

CosmicPal
10-13-2005, 10:04 AM
I would grab Chris Brown.

Henry has 2 weeks left on his suspension.

I was thinking that too. However, I need someone who's going to be a starter for the rest of the season, and I think Moe Williams might be the best opportunity. But, then again- he will be sharing the backfield with the rest of those fifty Vikings RBs.

If Benson does well the next couple of weeks, he just might pan out, but thus far he's been a major disappointment.

GoTrav
10-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Suggs is out for like 4 weeks.

chop
10-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Willie Parker would be my choice out of the names you mentioned.

Right now Benson isn't worth the consideration. I wouldn't get rid of Benson right yet though. I'm holding onto him in one of my leagues just in case he's able to replace Jones

Moe Williams is a third down type of back and nothing more right now.

Brock
10-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Benson will be getting a buttload of carries this weekend, since Jones is out.

The Bad Guy
10-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Willie Parker to me is worthless now with Bettis back.

I'd still say Brown. He was the starter when Henry was healthy.

HolmeZz
10-13-2005, 11:27 AM
I wouldn't have traded away Rudi. I'm sure there's a QB you could find on waivers that's playing well; Mark Brunell, Drew Bledsoe, ect.

wilas101
10-13-2005, 11:59 AM
do we know for sure that jones is out? the last i saw he was listed as either probably or questionable.

Brock
10-13-2005, 12:06 PM
do we know for sure that jones is out? the last i saw he was listed as either probably or questionable.

You may be right. He appears to be 50-50 at this point.

Cave Johnson
10-13-2005, 12:37 PM
One report had Thomas Jones out for up to 6 weeks. I'm sort of keeping tabs on him b/c I traded him last week for Joe Horn.

Like everyone else, my vote is for Brown. Parker seems like the logical drop if TJ is out for an extended period of time.

Mile High Mania
10-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Suggs is useless right now... same thoughts with Moe.

Here's one for you - Nick Goings, RB Panthers

As of today ... S Davis and D Foster are listed as Questionable thanks to knee injuries. Brad Hoover is Questionable with a shoulder injury. Rod Smart is Doubtful with a groin injury.

That leaves Mr. #5 on your depth chart - Nick Goings. Yes, the same guy that rushed for 800+ yards with 5 100 yard rushing games in the final 8 of 2004.

Jamal Robertson (I believe) is also an option, but they'll start Goings if the others remain Questionable.

The Panthers face the Lions... even if it's just 1 week, it could be a great week to start him.

foxman
10-13-2005, 02:42 PM

As of today ... S Davis and D Foster are listed as Questionable thanks to knee injuries. Brad Hoover is Questionable with a shoulder injury. Rod Smart is Doubtful with a groin injury.

That leaves Mr. #5 on your depth chart - Nick Goings. Yes, the same guy that rushed for 800+ yards with 5 100 yard rushing games in the final 8 of 2004.

Jamal Robertson (I believe) is also an option, but they'll start Goings if the others remain Questionable.

The Panthers face the Lions... even if it's just 1 week, it could be a great week to start him.

Not bad advice, but Stephen Davis will play....mark my words.

Also, even if he doesnt Goins will split carries with Jamal Robertson. If preseason is any indication Jamal will outplay Goins.

GoTrav
10-13-2005, 03:07 PM
I'd take a chance on Benson. Brown is probably the safest. Goings isn't a bad option if Davis/Foster don't go. Tyson Thompson also if J. Jones isn't playing...

GoTrav
10-13-2005, 03:12 PM

MHM, how's your site going? I'll have to check it out from week to week.

Mile High Mania
10-13-2005, 03:22 PM
The site is going really well... that and work are keeping me very busy. I do agree that if Davis/Foster do not play, you'll see a mix of Goings and Robertson.

mac58
10-13-2005, 03:24 PM
2 people u can grab if still available antwon smith from the saints now that duece is gone for the year and tyson thomsom from dallas cause julius jones is wearing a boot on his foot and not expected to start. thats if there still available. if not id go with cedric or brown and pick up henry if hes still around and keep him on ur bench.