PDA

View Full Version : Latest on Ryan Sims?

Lzen
10-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Ok, ok, I know this is a question that has been asked over and over. I was just wondering if I had missed something. Has anyone heard or seen anything lately on the status of Ryan Sims?

B_Ambuehl
10-14-2005, 10:18 AM
He got a new cast on monday. He'll be re-evaluated again sometime I believe in the next 3-5 weeks to determine if he'll have surgery or not but DV is "optimistic" he'll be back at some point.

Of course you already know what DV calls optimism is what most people would call bullshit so I'd say he's out for the year.

Mr. Laz
10-14-2005, 11:24 AM
i don't know if Sims has the desire to work hard enough to return this year.

Lzen
10-14-2005, 11:33 AM
So, midseason is the earliest possibility? Damn, that sucks.

Chiefnj
10-14-2005, 11:37 AM
I heard he'll be ready by the Raider game...... in 2006.

BigChiefFan
10-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Doesn't sound good. Junior better step it up.

redhed
10-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Sims has already played one decent game this year. What more do you want?!? Of course he's gonna shut it down for the rest of the season. The guy is merely mortal, after all...
/sarcasm

Is it too early to call him the biggest bust of DV's tenure? I think not.

redhed
10-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Doesn't sound good. Junior better step it up.

If that isn't sarcasm, then:

Yeah, like that'll happen. Jr's another big-time bust. We coulda had Igor.

htismaqe
10-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Junior ain't stepping up.

BigChiefFan
10-14-2005, 12:08 PM
I see alot of faith in Junior. LOL. He's still got time to turn it around, but it sure looks like he has a lazy streak to me. We have to have the worst second round picks in the history of the NFL. It would be nice if one of those ****ers panned out. Second rounders should have the potential to become all-stars, ours are lucky to have a roster spot.

redhed
10-14-2005, 12:15 PM
It would be nice if one of those ****ers panned out. Second rounders should have the potential to become all-stars, ours are lucky to have a roster spot.

Sadly, ain't it the truth. What's worse is you could lump some 1st rounders into that category. It would seem the only decent players the Chiefs ever get are FAs (DJ is the lone exception on D, and I've heard that Tony Gonzalez guy is pretty good). Dammit Carl!!!!! :cuss:

kcirnamffoh
10-14-2005, 12:32 PM
:hmmm:

Partial separation of upper bones in his foot? Partial separation? Does that mean his foot falls off if there is full separation? :spock: How do partially separated bones heal? What ARE partially separated bones? Is there a degree of separation? How much can bones separate before they just break? What are these bones separated from?

Maybe Sims' foot is becoming fully separated from the Chiefs.

The only thing that keeps me hanging on is that they have not put him on IR which leads me to believe they think he can return. But how effective will he be if he does return? What kind of shape will he be in?

I swear if he comes back in week 12 then they don't play him or something, I'll think the franchise has collectively lost their minds. They could have just put him on IR and maybe traded or signed someone who possibly could step in for him instead of wasting all that time with him on the roster taking up dead space.

:Robinson:

RedThat
10-14-2005, 12:37 PM
He got a new cast on monday. He'll be re-evaluated again sometime I believe in the next 3-5 weeks to determine if he'll have surgery or not but DV is "optimistic" he'll be back at some point.

Of course you already know what DV calls optimism is what most people would call bullshit so I'd say he's out for the year.

Exactly. DV mentioning something is like trying to believe a politician. Im gonna have to agree with you, and I too will place my bets and say he is out for the year.

Extra Point
10-14-2005, 12:39 PM
4 on the line, as usual? Not enough time to incorporate a 3 man front, is there?

siberian khatru
10-14-2005, 12:49 PM
He'll be back in time for the Super Bowl. It will be one of our biggest storylines. Well, that and how Todd Collins turned into Mike Livingston.

gblowfish
10-14-2005, 01:32 PM
The Ryan Sims Equation:
New Cast + La-Z-Boy + Cheetos + HBO = Injured Reserve List.

Another Dan Williams IMHO.

dsgreene285
10-14-2005, 01:37 PM
Assuming he's done for the year, thats 53 stops and 5 sacks in 4 years from a first round draft choice. What a waste!