PDA

View Full Version : Warfield inactive for the Redskin game

Bowser
10-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Per 610 sports. They are on a rampage about how Willie Roaf, coming off of an injury, is ready to play while the Chiefs are holding an opinion that Warfield isn't ready to step on the field. This is complete garbage. Vinny Testaverde, who is 42 and out of football, can come in on one week of preparation, and lead his team to a win. But Warfield, who has had the opportunity to be at Arrowhead and be at all of the defensive/position meetings, isn't ready to go.

I'm not sure who to be pissed at here. Is it Vermeil taking a stance ala Joe Gibbs with Lavar Arrington, or did Warfield turn into a couch potato with his month away?

Phobia
10-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Complete bullshit.

htismaqe
I think this is great.

We'll get to blame to loss on McCleon for at least one more week...

Iowanian
I sure hope that is a "RhondaMossspilledsome chilidog sauce on her editorial" error.

That is UNACCEPTABLE.

Rain Man
You've got to be kidding me. This is ludicrous.

Donger
10-14-2005, 03:00 PM
You've got to be f*cking kidding me.

King_Chief_Fan
10-14-2005, 03:02 PM
It is Dick being a dick

Spicy McHaggis
Vermeil has lost it. May the football gods have mercy on us all.

ptlyon
I for one, unlike anyone else posting here, am outraged.

Marcellus
10-14-2005, 03:03 PM
Isn't it a bit early to be announcing inactives for the game? :hmmm:

SCChief
If the Redskins put 300 yards up on our D through the air this weekend, DV should be run out of town.

Hydrae
:sulk:

ptlyon
10-14-2005, 03:04 PM
If the Redskins put 300 yards up on our D through the air this weekend, DV should be run out of town.

I think there will be a big enough CP contigency to do it too.

Bowser
10-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Isn't it a bit early to be announcing inactives for the game? :hmmm:

I'm hoping that this is one of Vermeils' alpha-dog I'll-show-you lessons. Hopefully somebody out there will snap him back to his senses before the inactives are OFFICIALLY announced on gameday.

el borracho
10-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Insanity! I want back all of the draft picks we surrendered for Vermeil.

Bowser
10-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Another thing - didn't someone point out earlier that Gunther and Warfield have never seen eye-to-eye?

Cochise
10-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Well, I grain-of-salt anything that comes from 610. But what is true?

If Warfield is really not ready it's the right decision. If he is ready, it's wrong. So is he or isn't he?

Here come the "d00d 1% warfield is better than 100% mccleon" posts.... :rolleyes:

Dunit35
10-14-2005, 03:14 PM

If Warfield is really not ready it's the right decision. If he is ready, it's wrong. So is he or isn't he?

Here come the "d00d 1% warfield is better than 100% mccleon" posts.... :rolleyes:

dude 1% warfield is better than 100% mcCleon. anyways If Warfield is inactive this game, oh I swear, I am going to be one irate mother f**ker. God, why does DV do this?

dtrain
10-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Another reason we won't be any real contenders under Dicky V. Any other team that had a starter out like this he would come back and start. Even Marty, when Grbac was out and Gannon came in and had the offense clickin put Grbac in. What a waste! Time for a new coach one with some balls!

Rain Man
Maybe DV is setting Warfield aside with Kris Wilson to save them for the playoffs.

ChiefsOne
Warfield is far and above any CB we have outside of Surtain.

shakesthecat
10-14-2005, 03:17 PM
If true, I place the blame squarely on Warfield.
Discipline and self control have never been his strong suites.

That, and apparently DV and Gunther hate him.

htismaqe
10-14-2005, 03:17 PM
dude 1% warfield is better than 100% mcCleon. anyways If Warfield is inactive this game, oh I swear, I am going to be one irate mother f**ker. God, why does DV do this?

Because he collects a paycheck from Carl and Carl's #1 priority is to screw the fans...

tomahawk kid
10-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Let's all calm down until this is confirmed through another media source.....then flip out.

:banghead:

beer bacon
10-14-2005, 03:18 PM

In what world is Dewayne Washington better then Warfield. Forget about McCleon for a second. Isn't Washington active for just about every game? Would it make sense for him to be active and Warfield not, even if Warfield has seemingly transformed into some mediocre corner because he missed an entire four weeks of practice? I hope this isn't true. It doesn't make sense at all for Warfield to be inactive.

Donger
10-14-2005, 03:19 PM
I have a question: who makes the final decision on whether or not a player is active or inactive?

Extra Point
That's what happens when you fail to wear the Subservient Chicken Head Mask! DV won the cock fight! Maybe Warfield couldn't pee straight in the bottle. This one will go in Whitlock's maw, and there won't be any life in it when he spits it out Monday.

Cochise

How did Warfield look in practice? Good route recognition? Physical condition still peak? Good, clean jams? Sliding off blocks properly? No problems with the 2 guys he's never played with before and the one playing a new position? I assume you saw practice since you know he's ready to play...

Bowser
10-14-2005, 03:20 PM
In what world is Dewayne Washington better then Warfield. Forget about McCleon for a second. Isn't Washington active for just about every game? Would it make sense for him to be active and Warfield not, even if Warfield has seemingly transformed into some mediocre corner because he missed an entire four weeks of practice? I hope this isn't true. It doesn't make sense at all for Warfield to be inactive.

Warfield is a contributor on Special Teams as well, iirc.

Pitt Gorilla
10-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Wow, I didn't realize today was Sunday. If this is true, I'd argue that Warfield has shown himself to not be ready. I can't see DV sacrificing wins for a message to a player who has been getting a message for 4 weeks now. If it's regular 610 crap, well, it would be par for the course.

Skip Towne
10-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Because he collects a paycheck from Carl and Carl's #1 priority is to screw the fans...
No, it is not Carl's #1 priority to screw the fans. It is to fill the stadium. His #2 priority is to screw the fans once the stadium is filled.

Bowser
10-14-2005, 03:21 PM
How did Warfield look in practice? Good route recognition? Physical condition still peak? Good, clean jams? Sliding off blocks properly? No problems with the 2 guys he's never played with before and the one playing a new position? I assume you saw practice since you know he's ready to play...

You have just described exactly what none of our corners are seemingly able to do.

tomahawk kid
10-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Wow, I didn't realize today was Sunday. If this is true, I'd argue that Warfield has shown himself to not be ready. I can't see DV sacrificing wins for a message to a player who has been getting a message for 4 weeks now. If it's regular 610 crap, well, it would be par for the course.
\

Good point. IIRC inactives aren't declared until Sunday morning.

Cochise
10-14-2005, 03:24 PM
You have just described exactly what none of our corners are seemingly able to do.

I'm saying, if for some reason the coaching staff as a whole thinks he's not ready, already - 2 days before the game, there might be something to it.

I mean, hey, I consider myself a big football fan, but there's a reason why I'm sitting in a cubicle and Gunther Cunningham is coordinating defenses.

htismaqe
No, it is not Carl's #1 priority to screw the fans. It is to fill the stadium. His #2 priority is to screw the fans once the stadium is filled.

The man lines my pocket. LAMAR is concerned with filling the stadiums. To Carl, it's his job.

But he truly LIVES for screwing the droves of idiots that call themselves fans...

dsgreene285
OK..I can understand not being ready to start. But I can't imagine that he could be in any worse shape than D. Washington, who I am sure will be active.

Dunit35
10-14-2005, 03:25 PM

yea I got invited to watch wednesday practice and Warfield is my cousin! ROFL :shake: Yea thats a good point you have there. Yea but I dont really trust Dv's choices he makes at times.

Donger
10-14-2005, 03:27 PM
yea I got invited to watch wednesday practice and Warfield is my cousin! ROFL :shake: Yea thats a good point you have there. Yea but I dont really trust Dv's choices he makes at times.

He's your cousin? If so, perhaps you could confirm this with him?

Dunit35
10-14-2005, 03:28 PM
He's your cousin? If so, perhaps you could confirm this with him?

I also meant to put JK... on that too, my bad friends!

Tuckdaddy
This is stupid.

Bowser
I'm saying, if for some reason the coaching staff as a whole thinks he's not ready, already - 2 days before the game, there might be something to it.

I mean, hey, I consider myself a big football fan, but there's a reason why I'm sitting in a cubicle and Gunther Cunningham is coordinating defenses.

True. But like I said, I find it amazing that Roaf can come back off of a bad hammy and be ready to play the whole game while being gone almost as long as Warfield (an extra week of practice, and half of one quarter played). And not even to mention the whole Testaverde thing.

If this is all on Warfield, then he's probably played his last game here. Surely his last season.

tomahawk kid
10-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Hopefully, this means that EWI can join us for postgame at the George Brett statue.

I'll be sure to let him know to bring a sign...or his thunderstick.

Cochise
10-14-2005, 03:30 PM
The man lines my pocket. LAMAR is concerned with filling the stadiums. To Carl, it's his job.

But he truly LIVES for screwing the droves of idiots that call themselves fans...

Man, can you imagine how Carl's heart, which is two sizes too small, must swell with glee to see a 3/4 empty stadium at the end of the year when the team is sucking? Don't you wish you could hear him cackle to see the lackluster concession and parking revenue numbers? Can you imagine how much he would love not being able to sell any playoff tickets again this year, shelling out big bucks for a high first round draft pick, etc etc.? I mean, man. He'd probably die of a heart attack at all the money we'd lose if we won the Super Bowl. Good thing he's saving a bundle by not winning one. I mean, failure is so much more profitable than success. Teams with empty stadiums and losing records are the most profitable of all, of course. That's why Carl wants to field the worst team in history once all tickets are sold.

KCChiefsMan
10-14-2005, 03:30 PM
I guess when it came down to leaving out Warfield or Scanlon, DV went with the obvious choice.

on a serious note, HOW FREAKING RETARDED! :banghead:

BigRedChief
10-14-2005, 03:33 PM
this is 610 and Rhonda Moss reporting this but if its true I'm going Postal on someone. Volunteers?

Donger
10-14-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm going Postal on someone. Volunteers?

I volunteer chiefs4me.

htismaqe
10-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Man, can you imagine how Carl's heart, which is two sizes too small, must swell with glee to see a 3/4 empty stadium at the end of the year when the team is sucking? Don't you wish you could hear him cackle to see the lackluster concession and parking revenue numbers? Can you imagine how much he would love not being able to sell any playoff tickets again this year, shelling out big bucks for a high first round draft pick, etc etc.? I mean, man. He'd probably die of a heart attack at all the money we'd lose if we won the Super Bowl. Good thing he's saving a bundle by not winning one. I mean, failure is so much more profitable than success. Teams with empty stadiums and losing records are the most profitable of all, of course. That's why Carl wants to field the worst team in history once all tickets are sold.

ROFL

ChiefsGirl
10-14-2005, 03:38 PM
this is 610 and Rhonda Moss reporting this but if its true I'm going Postal on someone. Volunteers?
I read elsewhere that 810 is reporting the same thing. All I'm getting on 810 is autoracing. :rolleyes:

htismaqe
10-14-2005, 03:39 PM
I read elsewhere that 810 is reporting the same thing. All I'm getting on 810 is autoracing. :rolleyes:

Don't worry. In 10 minutes, they'll talk about the downtown stadium.

And then it's golf!

YIPPIE!

KCFalcon59
10-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Let's all calm down until this is confirmed through another media source.....then flip out.

:banghead:

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

cdcox
10-14-2005, 03:41 PM
This sounds too stupid to be tr..

Wait, its the Chiefs we are talking about, right?

This sounds too stupic to be false.

htismaqe
10-14-2005, 03:43 PM
This sounds too stupid to be tr..

Wait, its the Chiefs we are talking about, right?

This sounds too stupic to be false.

We signed Ty Law too!

KCFalcon59
10-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Maybe there is a trade in the works.

:hmmm:

I doubt it.

Cochise
10-14-2005, 03:46 PM
The reason for this is that Law and Rolle are "all but done deals"

Bowser
Maybe there is a trade in the works.

:hmmm:

I doubt it.

Another sixth or seventh rounder!

YAY!

BigRedChief
I don't get it. I'm sure someone out there has a reasonable explanation for Warfield being inactive so could some apoligist please post something. Anything.

I'm slowly dying watching these frigging play 10 yards off the ball zone schemes.

50% Warfield is better than 100% of McCleon.

If Roaf and Welbourne are "football ready" why not Warfield?

Throw me a bone here.

Dunit35
10-14-2005, 03:50 PM
I don't get it. I'm sure someone out there has a reasonable explanation for Warfield being inactive so could some apoligist please post something. Anything.

I'm slowly dying watching these frigging play 10 yards off the ball zone schemes.

50% Warfield is better than 100% of McCleon.

If Roaf and Welbourne are "football ready" why not Warfield?

Throw me a bone here.

No S**t, there better be a good explanation to this.

ChiefsGirl
10-14-2005, 03:50 PM
If I HAVE to get behind McCleon starting this week as some sort of message to Warfield, I will. But to make him Inactive is stupid. ARe they seriously going to suit up Dewayne Washington? GEEEZUS.

sedated
10-14-2005, 03:53 PM
If they are worried about him being out of shape, at least have him play the nickel or dime. How can he get IN shape sitting on sidelines???!!!

BigRedChief
10-14-2005, 03:54 PM
If I HAVE to get behind McCleon starting this week as some sort of message to Warfield, I will. But to make him Inactive is stupid. ARe they seriously going to suit up Dewayne Washington? GEEEZUS.

Holy crap you are right. :deevee: Dewayne Washington is better than Warfield in the coaches eyes? :shake: theres just no way. Could there be? It has to be punishment. But they are punishing the team much more than Warfield. He still is getting paid.

beavis
10-14-2005, 03:55 PM

There's also a reason we're 2-2 and headed for 2-3. Their intentions aren't the question. I just think they are incompetent.

Sam
10-14-2005, 03:56 PM
I just heard all this discussion on 610 too. I can't believe it. We, the fans, wait all season long for this guy to come back after his suspension and his first week back and the team plans to make him inactivate? It doesn't make sense. And I agree with others here, Warfield would be better than Washington at any level of play.

I heard an interview earlier this week where Warfield said that he wasn't sure he was even going to suit up this Sunday.

I also heard on 610 a while ago that it all depends on whether Stills is healthy and can play as to whether he dresses for the game or Warfield does. And, Chris Horn is also supposed to be out and Boe is in.

Oh yeah, FredEX has been in town this week working out for the team.

BigRedChief
10-14-2005, 03:57 PM

Dewayne Washington is better option than Warfield in the coaches eyes? Your eyes?

htismaqe
10-14-2005, 03:58 PM

Warfield coming back isn't gonna help that, friend. Unfortunately, you've been stricken by Guntherhasnoballsitis...

Wile_E_Coyote
10-14-2005, 03:59 PM
kinda strange a player out four games for steriods gets worked at several spots when he comes back. Then a guy out the same four games for a DWI can't get many reps in practice.

anywho, I've been burned by 610 more times than Bartee on game day :(

Rain Man
10-14-2005, 04:01 PM
I bet they just thought a four-game suspension wasn't enough, so they're imposing extra games.

BigRedChief
10-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Warfield coming back isn't gonna help that, friend. Unfortunately, you've been stricken by Guntherhasnoballsitis...Not me fellow Card fan.........I still think Gunther can coach defense. I was of the opinion he was playing this soft zone crap to cover for McCleon. He has to work with what he has been given. McCleon just can't play man to man without giving up the huge plays. Warfield can. So when Warfield comes back we will see manomano. But now.............:banghead:

ChiefsGirl
10-14-2005, 04:09 PM
I believe it now, I just heard DV say it himself on 810. Sad. There is no way Warfield is worse then Washington. No way.

Mr. Laz
10-14-2005, 04:09 PM
just heard soundbite from Vermeil talking about it...

Gary Still's shoulder is better so he's gonna play which means the chiefs won't have a spot to keep an extra cornerback active.

So Warfield is gonna be inactive.

Gary Stills > Eric Warfield

Count Alex's Losses
10-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Dick 4 Meal can lick my balls. What a pathetic excuse for a head coach.

Cochise
10-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Dewayne Washington is better option than Warfield in the coaches eyes? Your eyes?

It doesn't matter who is out there, I'm telling you, the 10 yard cushions aren't going to stop when Warfield comes back. Gun is doing it because the pass rush is so putrid.

It doesn't matter if we were lining up Ty Law and Deion Sanders in their prime, with a pass rush this poor, we're going to get chewed up through the air. Even those guys would have had trouble covering their man for 10 seconds on every down. Old age will get to the opposing QBs before our defensive line will.

I don't like it, I think we should blitz and create pressure somehow, but instead Cunningham has elected to pretend to be Greg Robinson instead. Talk to him about why we are playing 10 yards off the ball.

Bowser
10-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Maybe this means they're thinking of signing Washington to a 5 mil a year contract too!

siberian khatru
10-14-2005, 04:12 PM
just heard soundbite from Vermeil talking about it...

Gary Still's shoulder is better so he's gonna play which means the chiefs won't have a spot to keep an extra cornerback active.

So Warfield is gonna be inactive.

Gary Stills > Eric Warfield

I read it as, Dewayne Washington ISN'T the extra CB, thus Washington > Warfield.

I may be out of line here, but I think Warfield waking up from a 10-year coma would be a better CB than Washington.

Extra Point
10-14-2005, 04:13 PM
I just heard all this discuccion on 610 too. I can't believe it. We, the fans, wait all season long for this guy to come back after his suspension and his first week back and the team plans to inactivate him? It doesn't make sense. And I agree with others here, Warfield would be better than Washington at any level of play.

I heard an interview earlier this week where Warfield said that he wasn't sure he was even going to suit up this Sunday.

I also heard on 610 a while ago that it all depends on whether Stills is healthy and can play as to whether he dresses for the game or Warfield does. And, Chris Horn is also supposed to be out and Boe is in.

Not kissing up, but there are a number of people who have posted with as much insight as Kietzmann and Whitlock. It's all supposition at this point. The Sunday trade deadline is an influence, Warfield has been under the influence, and CP is doing what he does best: using the bye week to keep DV's perspective remote. CP may tell DV and Gun that McLeon is toast, and the Law trade may happen.

Film at 11....... You guys generate it. This thread is light up like the Argyle building!

Cochise
10-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Hell, for all we know, they could be blowing smoke like the Falcons did last week. It was only 610 after all.

ChiefsGirl
10-14-2005, 04:15 PM
What is the Ty Law trade?

ferrarispider95
10-14-2005, 04:15 PM
LETS STORM ARROWHEAD _ WHOS WITH ME

Mr. Laz
10-14-2005, 04:16 PM
Hell, for all we know, they could be blowing smoke like the Falcons did last week. It was only 610 after all.
vermiel just said it himself

and everyone knows Vermeil doesn't lie

BigRedChief
10-14-2005, 04:17 PM
What is the Ty Law trade?

Theres rumors arouns town (completely baseless and bogus) that CP is trying to trade Warfield for Law.

I put this right up there in trust with Marty banging Greg Hill's wife as the reason for his not playing.

Extra Point
10-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Gary Stills > Eric Warfield=TRUE

Depending on the down and yardage. I would like to see them both on the field. McLeon has DV snowed.

Burn, baby, burn,
Coverage Inferno!

BigRedChief
vermiel just said it himself

and everyone knows Vermeil doesn't lie

You heard it. Actual audio from a presser?

Mr. Laz
I read it as, Dewayne Washington ISN'T the extra CB, thus Washington > Warfield.

I may be out of line here, but I think Warfield waking up from a 10-year coma would be a better CB than Washington.
true... if you actually used logic

but in vermeil's eyes, warfield is last to the party, so he's the extra cornerback ... odd man out until he proves difference.

and it could take awhile to prove different when warfield is only getting 5 reps with the regular defense per practice.

BigRedChief
10-14-2005, 04:19 PM

It's Dwayne Washington > Warfield

Mr. Laz
10-14-2005, 04:20 PM
You heard it. Actual audio from a presser?

yes... 810 just played the tape with Vermeil talking about it

warfield = extra cornerback ... Stills is healthy so they aren't going to carry and extra CB.

Warfield = inactive

ChiefsGirl
10-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Theres rumors arouns town (completely baseless and bogus) that CP is trying to trade Warfield for Law.

I put this right up there in trust with Marty banging Greg Hill's wife as the reason for his not playing.

Why would the Jets do that? We'd probably have to throw in a QB too.

BigRedChief
10-14-2005, 04:21 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/OMFG-Argh.jpg
I can't believe that they think Dwayne Washington is a better football player than Warfield. That we are a better team this Sunday with Washington suited up than Warfield. Someone explain this to me.

Donger
10-14-2005, 04:23 PM
I can't believe that they think Dwayne Washington is a better football player than Warfield. That we are a better team this Sunday with Washington suited up than Warfield. Someone explain this to me.

You know what's scary? I actually know what movie that picture is from.

philfree
I haven't been there to see what's going on with Warfield bt perhaps his head isn't crewed on right. Maybe he thought he'd be handed his job back and then when he heard he wasn't he dogged it. Maybe having to change his life style has messed up his head? There could more to it then just his availability. I figured he'd be injected back into the D as soon as he came off suspension just like everybody else but I doubt I have all the facts.

PhilFree:arrow:

cdcox
Let's assume that it is true that Warfield is not ready to play. Let me ask one question: how does this happen? If true, Warfield and Vermeil should both be fired for the grossest display of incompetency in the history of the world. Warfeild's job was to stay in shape. Vermeil's job is to have his players ready to play. If he is out of shape, then I would have expected Warfield to be running wind sprints all week. No one to supervise him? Surely they could have hired some highschool student for minumum wage, handed him a wistle and put him in charge or Warfield's conditioning.

siberian khatru

Haha, is that from "Commando"? ROFL

Bowser
10-14-2005, 04:24 PM
There is no way that the coaches can believe that Washington is a better DB than Warfield.

To quote Herm Edwards - "You play to win the game!" I would assume this means putting your best players available on the field. Someone had best slip Vermeil a clue about this.

Bowser
10-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Is Welbourn going to suit up?

siberian khatru
10-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Let's assume that it is true that Warfield is not ready to play. Let me ask one question: how does this happen? If true, Warfield and Vermeil should both be fired for the grossest display of incompetency in the history of the world. Warfeild's job was to stay in shape. Vermeil's job is to have his players ready to play. If he is out of shape, then I would have expected Warfield to be running wind sprints all week. No one to supervise him? Surely they could have hired some highschool student for minumum wage, handed him a wistle and put him in charge or Warfield's conditioning.

Warfield was in shape until DV gave him the bye week off. Then it all went to hell.

Extra Point
10-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Did EW pee "straight" into the bottle?

No wonder they call it "BYE!"

Cochise
10-14-2005, 04:26 PM

Let off some steam, Bennett.

BigRedChief
10-14-2005, 04:26 PM
There is no way that the coaches can believe that Washington is a better DB than Warfield.

Yes they do. Look at their roster moves. Washington playing. Warfield inactive. :cuss:

Extra Point
10-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Don't be surprised if EW moves to the Jets.

Donger
Let off some steam, Bennett.

Gawd I'm getting old. Alyssa Milano was his daughter in that movie?

Last time I saw a picture of her, she was, well, all grown up.

Demonpenz
good news for FFL with moss

ChiefsGirl
10-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Don't be surprised if EW moves to the Jets.

Why would the Jets be interested in EW?

Hydrae
10-14-2005, 04:31 PM

Because they aren't going anywhere this year and he will be around long after Law has hung up his cleats? :shrug:

Sam
10-14-2005, 04:32 PM

The dj's on 610, who ever they are, were wondering if this wasn't Warfield's own fault. They're saying why didn't Warfield hire a QB and a couple of receivers to help him practice after he finished in the weight room and the rest of the team went out for practice. Of course they don't know that he didn't do this either.

morphius
10-14-2005, 04:34 PM
And this concludes another week of lowered expectations, please join us next week for another repeat episode of "_efense"...

sedated
10-14-2005, 04:35 PM

You must be kidding. since when is a special teams player (who has f*cked up a lot this year) better than a starting corner? :hmmm:

Count Alex's Losses
10-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Because they aren't going anywhere this year and he will be around long after Law has hung up his cleats? :shrug:

The Jets are hardly out of it just yet.

Barret
10-14-2005, 04:36 PM

Come on, Bennett, throw away that chicken-s**t gun. You don't just want to pull a trigger. Put the knife in me and look me in the eye and see what's going on in there when you turn it.

jettio
10-14-2005, 04:39 PM
If you checked in here during the 2002-2003 seasons Warfield caught as much criticism as Bartee.

Warfield has shown improvement, but if he has regressed at all, the truth is, what he would regress into would not be all that special.

He did in fact get punked by the scrubs in the 4th quarter of pre-season games not too long ago.

I hope that he is the same player on the field that he was last year, but it is funny how he went from an overly criticized goat to Hercules HOF'er in 2.5 years.

ChiefsGirl
10-14-2005, 04:40 PM
If you checked in here during the 2002-2003 seasons Warfield caught as much criticism as Bartee.

Warfield has shown improvement, but if he has regressed at all, the truth is, what he would regress into would not be all that special.

He did in fact get punked by the scrubs in the 4th quarter of pre-season games not too long ago.

I hope that he is the same player on the field that he was last year, but it is funny how he went from an overly criticized goat to Hercules HOF'er in 2.5 years.

Have you seen Dewayne Washington play?

leviw
10-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Man I'm pissed. I'm going to go drink and drive now. See you later.

Dunit35
10-14-2005, 04:48 PM
I cannot F*cking believe this, Vermiel better have a damn special news conference before someone hurts him.

Extra Point
10-14-2005, 04:50 PM

As in any business, damaged goods go for less. I just see a lot of similarity between Edwards' play and Warfield's play.... Edwards was a CB for the Eagles under DV. Lot of strength in the fabric that includes Edwards, DV and CP; HE was a coach for us in the early 90's.

Yeah, I can imagine HE taking EW for less money, eventually, and making something out of him.

Just some intuitive (random) thought....

jettio
10-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Have you seen Dewayne Washington play?

Washington was a 1st round draft pick who has had a career that justifed that selection.

Warfield is a 6th round long term project that cried when Marty made him stay on the field as a rookie, and who, when he finally reaches his peak after years of patience and a generous contract that he recieved before truly proving himself, gets his umpteenth driving while drunk off his azz conviction.

Washington has not been any clear liability for the Chiefs in the games played so far.

Woodrow Call
10-14-2005, 04:53 PM
I just heard all this discussion on 610 too. I can't believe it. We, the fans, wait all season long for this guy to come back after his suspension and his first week back and the team plans to make him inactivate? It doesn't make sense. And I agree with others here, Warfield would be better than Washington at any level of play.

Good news about FredEx I guess.

dsgreene285
10-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Good news about FredEx I guess.

That's the best news in this whole mess. I believe he can really help us...if Trent has time to throw. Samie Parker just isn't the answer for now. He may have a good career ahead of him, but he is not ready.

chiefs4me
10-14-2005, 05:31 PM
I volunteer chiefs4me.

tell me why I'm not suprised......:rolleyes:

oh yea, all of you Eric haters can **** yourself......ROFL

BigChiefFan
10-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Another week of zone coverage.

Mr. Laz
10-14-2005, 05:47 PM
but it is funny how he went from an overly criticized goat to Hercules HOF'er in 2.5 years.
who said he was a HOF'er?

link?

Wile_E_Coyote
10-14-2005, 05:49 PM
another blown DV call

tomahawk kid
10-14-2005, 07:43 PM
If anyone needs me, I'll be at the Plaza packing Vermiel's bags.

F#cking senile loser......

Fruit Ninja
10-14-2005, 07:53 PM
The dj's on 610, who ever they are, were wondering if this wasn't Warfield's own fault. They're saying why didn't Warfield hire a QB and a couple of receivers to help him practice after he finished in the weight room and the rest of the team went out for practice. Of course they don't know that he didn't do this either.EW said he hasnt even really practied, so how can he show anyone if he is in shape or not? All he was doing was special teams stuff. He needs to get reps in order to be evaluated.

Tuckdaddy
10-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Ricky Williams, who has not played for over a year, is going Play RB but they want us to believe that EW is not ready to play CB.

Something stinks at Arrowhead. Is Gun involved with the defense?

the Talking Can
10-14-2005, 08:51 PM
we gave up 400 yards passing..at home...against an injured QB...and we're not going to suit up our #1 CB from last year now that he is available?

uh....

runnercyclist
10-14-2005, 08:56 PM
There MUST be more to this story.

I can't wait to hear it!

ChiefsFan4Life
10-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Vermeil has to get the **** out of KC. The old man is soft, and is a terrible decision-maker and is definitely one of the most overrated coaches of all time.

tk13
10-14-2005, 09:31 PM
There MUST be more to this story.

I can't wait to hear it!
I think that much is pretty certain. I'm pretty sure we're not getting the whole truth here, and we probably will never know. I can see DV being too overprotective because really all Warfield has done is play 3rd string all season... and he struggled with that, I can see him being afraid to throw him in the fire against 1st stringers because he's conservative like that. And I can also see Gunther saying "He let us down, f*** him, I don't need him." This is still the same Gun who puts a lot of value in the little things, or big things, that happen off the field... he didn't want Carl to sign Hartwell because he thought he shook too many hands when he came for a visit. So who knows...

jspchief
10-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Hey, on the bright side, we're only paying him 3.5 million to be Washington's bitch.

cdcox
10-14-2005, 11:26 PM
Warfield needs to show up Monday with the sleeves ripped of his jersey.

tk13
10-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Warfield needs to show up Monday with the sleeves ripped of his jersey.
And a beard. Must have the beard.

beer bacon
10-15-2005, 12:18 AM
EW said he hasnt even really practied, so how can he show anyone if he is in shape or not? All he was doing was special teams stuff. He needs to get reps in order to be evaluated.

DV also said he needed more reps. Of course, as the head coach Vermeil has no control over that.

Wallcrawler
10-15-2005, 01:16 AM
Not really sure what is up with the coaching staff right now. For the past 3 weeks, the coaching staff seemingly has not had a f'ing clue as to what the hell is going on.

From the week of preparation for Denver (or lack thereof..), up until now has been one enormous goat f*ck by the coaching staff.

PastorMikH
10-15-2005, 01:18 AM
This stinks.

There's just no positive in this whatsoever. If they are playing favorites and punishing Warfield, then that's just stupid. Let's put the best players on the field so we can win the game. If his playing ability has suffered so much that he can't beat Washington out of a spot on the depth chart, we are going to be in big trouble all season. All the while, Ty Law keeps catching ints.

go bowe
10-15-2005, 02:01 AM
This stinks.

There's just no positive in this whatsoever. If they are playing favorites and punishing Warfield, then that's just stupid. Let's put the best players on the field so we can win the game. If his playing ability has suffered so much that he can't beat Washington out of a spot on the depth chart, we are going to be in big trouble all season. All the while, Ty Law keeps catching ints.oky doky ther jason [whitlock]...

bvt your right aoubt whashington...

how can nayb ody be worse than wahsington?

say, sure wish you could come up with the fnmily and join in the festivities...

great buch of people, really (if i type real slow, it comes out better)...

i better take my inebriated self to bed so i can go do it again tommorrow :fire: ...

good night mike... :toast:

Chiefs Pantalones
10-15-2005, 02:01 AM
I'm counting down the days when DV is gone.

Luzap
10-15-2005, 03:48 AM
You guys crack me up.

Luz

Gravedigger
10-15-2005, 04:33 AM
I think it's a hoax personally he said the same thing with DJ that he wouldnt start and look at DJ now nobody is taking that spot away from him. Dick Vermeil may be stubborn at times but he as well as peterson knows that no matter how long warfield was off the field hes still better than mccleon.

Mecca
10-15-2005, 05:26 AM
Washington was a 1st round draft pick who has had a career that justifed that selection.

Warfield is a 6th round long term project that cried when Marty made him stay on the field as a rookie, and who, when he finally reaches his peak after years of patience and a generous contract that he recieved before truly proving himself, gets his umpteenth driving while drunk off his azz conviction.

Washington has not been any clear liability for the Chiefs in the games played so far.

I really hope you don't think old Dewayne is good anymore. He's a 32 year old corner with declining speed. The Jaguars last year had to completely restructure their defensive scheme to protect him.

By the way if you watched the Jets game when he actually got on the field as a corner, he's a serious liability.

I also agree that it's time for Vermiel and this coaching staff to go. I'm tired of all of them, time to start fresh after this year.

KcKing
10-15-2005, 05:47 AM
I think i'm gonna f*ckin throw up....

Gotta be a test from God....

To see how much I love my team....

Gotta be....

penguinz
10-15-2005, 06:10 AM
Man I'm pissed. I'm going to go drink and drive now. See you later.
You are a moron. Not even close to being funny.

Extra Point
10-15-2005, 06:15 AM
KCTV5 Metro Sports report was very entertaining last night. Vermeil, when asked about potential changes to the offense: "That's ******* stupid. Do you think I'm going to telegraph our offensive plan to the Redskins? Why the **** you think this is a closed practice"--(OSTL)

Nice indication of how stressed out he is. The barometer indicates a lot of fog.

Ah, what a difference a bye week makes...

CrazyHorse
10-15-2005, 07:18 AM
In listening to Vermiels press conference I heard nothing that would indicate that Warfield would be inactive.

Vermiel said that he (Warfield) has done everything that he could do to get himself back on the field. Said the start would not be handed to him. But went on to say that his focus was excellent. He is where he should be in his personal life. And that he if nothing else would be involved in some specific packages on Sunday.

Has there been any specific word from Vermiel that has stated that Warfield is out for the game? Or is it just speculation from the media?

If you would like to listen to the above reference it is around the 10 minute mark in his (Vermiels) press conference.

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/chiefs/demand/av_dvpc2k506_350_10112005.rm&proto=rts

Also, why would Vermiel declare the inactives so soon in the week?

Mecca
10-15-2005, 07:19 AM
Every news outlet in the city has reported that he is going to be inactive for the game. Unless they're trying to pull a giant charade with everyone, it looks like it's a done deal he's not playing this week.

CrazyHorse
10-15-2005, 08:30 AM
Every news outlet in the city has reported that he is going to be inactive for the game. Unless they're trying to pull a giant charade with everyone, it looks like it's a done deal he's not playing this week.

When you say "it's a done deal", do you mean like the Ty Law done deal, or is there a credible source? I am not trying to be arguementative. However, I know how news travels through media circles. I am just curious if anyone has actually heard it from Vermiels mouth.

Mecca
10-15-2005, 08:33 AM
Vermiel said on 810 that Warfield was going to be inactive. He went so far as to call him "the extra corner" and talked about how they didn't need the extra corner this week because Gary Stills would play.

BigRedChief
10-15-2005, 08:36 AM
I predict that the Arrowhead faithful will turn on the team and start booing if they play soft again. The Chief nation is seething underneath the surface and playing Washington over Warfield will not help soothe the savage beast

Wile_E_Coyote
10-15-2005, 08:37 AM
KFFL is usually accurate

<A name=266907>Chiefs | Warfield to Sit Out Week 6
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:11:49 -0700
Adam Teicher (http://www.kffl.com/link/143), of the Kansas City Star (http://www.kffl.com/link/142), reports Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) CB Eric Warfield (http://www.kffl.com/player/952/nfl) will not be active for Week 6 as he recently rejoined the team after serving a four-game suspension.

CrazyHorse
10-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Vermiel said on 810 that Warfield was going to be inactive. He went so far as to call him "the extra corner" and talked about how they didn't need the extra corner this week because Gary Stills would play.

Tough to understand the reasoning there. I dont pretend to know the extenuating circumstances. But it would appear that something has changed from the time that the press conference took place and the time Vermiel declared him inactive.

As a season ticket holder, it seems as though my money will be spent punishing players for mistakes they have already paid for. If this is the case, it is a profound disappointment.

As the folks that pay the bills, it would seem that we are due a better explanation than he is the extra corner. Because we all know that's bullshit.

CrazyHorse
10-15-2005, 08:46 AM
I predict that the Arrowhead faithful will turn on the team and start booing if they play soft again. The Chief nation is seething underneath the surface and playing Washington over Warfield will not help soothe the savage beast

Considering they walked out on the Eagles game, it's less a prediction and probably more of a given. The fans are getting tired of it. And it's starting to show in the stands.

It's one thing if it's the best we can do. But to be told that there is nothing wrong with the defense, and that they played a great game with no mistakes every week......well.....insults our intelligence.

This most recent move negates the signing of Surtain. I wonder when the fans will be deserving of seeing our best players on the field.

dirk digler
10-15-2005, 09:00 AM
CHIEFS NOTEBOOK: No go for Warfield

The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs told cornerback Eric Warfield he would be inactive for Sunday’s game against Washington at Arrowhead Stadium.

Warfield, a starter who missed the first four games because of NFL suspension, not only was unable to oust Dexter McCleon from the starting lineup, but he also couldn’t beat out nickel back Benny Sapp or dime back Dewayne Washington.

“We just don’t feel quite confident yet that he’s ready to go play corner on the Santana Mosslike players without a little bit more work,” coach Dick Vermeil said.

Warfield didn’t appear pleased with the news, though he said nothing incendiary, and said he was ready to play.

“But that’s the coach’s decision,” he said. “I’m not going to sit around and complain about it.”

His chance to play on special teams disappeared Friday when linebacker Gary Stills, a standout in the kicking game, made significant progress with his shoulder injury. Warfield would have suited up Sunday if Stills were unavailable.

chefsos
10-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Well, that's that. Roaf's here, Gonzo goes off, let's go for the shootout win.

Chiefnj
10-15-2005, 09:22 AM
First off, screw Warfield. Screw him for putting himself and the team in this situation.

Second, Warfield seems to be rolling over a bit with the media. "It's the coaches decision ... I'm not going to complain." I'm sick of apathetic defensive players. The D still has no identity. I want a decent veteran like Warfield to step the f up. I want to hear "I want to play, I want to prove myself and this defense. I've kept in shape. Play me." They need some fire. Warfield rolling over leaves me wondering if he actually is in shape.

Third, screw Vermeil. Warfield played well the last two years. I don't know why the Chiefs gave him limited snaps this past week. Put him out there. If he can't keep up, tell the fans he's in crap shape. Put the pressure on him.

NaptownChief
10-15-2005, 09:29 AM
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if high and might Vermeil doesn't completely turn on Warfield and leave him inactive the rest of the season barring injury. Not sure what the ramifications and league rules are around contract issues and the suspension but if he is guaranteed his full salary for being on the "opening day" roster then they won't cut him and let some other team have him but if due to the suspension his salary isn't guaranteed then I also wouldn't be shocked if Vermeil cuts him.

Vermeil will dog house a guy like Warfield while he runs over and gives hugs and sheds tears for a murder like Lenard Little who learned so much from killing a women that he continued to drink and drive.

Vermeil is quite strange in how soft he is to some people then ridiculously hard to others like Larry Johnson and what looks to now be Warfield.

Skip Towne
10-15-2005, 09:46 AM
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if high and might Vermeil doesn't completely turn on Warfield and leave him inactive the rest of the season barring injury. Not sure what the ramifications and league rules are around contract issues and the suspension but if he is guaranteed his full salary for being on the "opening day" roster then they won't cut him and let some other team have him but if due to the suspension his salary isn't guaranteed then I also wouldn't be shocked if Vermeil cuts him.

Vermeil will dog house a guy like Warfield while he runs over and gives hugs and sheds tears for a murder like Lenard Little who learned so much from killing a women that he continued to drink and drive.

Vermeil is quite strange in how soft he is to some people then ridiculously hard to others like Larry Johnson and what looks to now be Warfield.
VD is only a couple of years older than me and I suspect senility is beinning to set in. I wonder if extreme inconsistency like this is the first sign? I'll keep you posted as you'll hear it here first.

NaptownChief
10-15-2005, 10:14 AM
VD is only a couple of years older than me and I suspect senility is beinning to set in. I wonder if extreme inconsistency like this is the first sign? I'll keep you posted as you'll hear it here first.

Keep me posted....If you can remember. :D

Bwana
10-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Vermeil is a doddering old fool that needs a bus ticket out of town (at the end of last season.) The guy has lost it.

Mr. Laz
10-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Chiefs could work out Warfield during his suspension, so if he's not in shape, then what the hell they been doing with him.

Warfield could attend meetings during his suspension, so if he's not up to speed on the game plan then what the hell have they been teaching him.

the chiefs control the number of reps a player gets in practice, so if Warfield hasn't gotten enough reps to play in a game, then what they hell were they thinking during practice time.

if we struggle in coverage because Washington/mccleon can't man up with a Washington receiver this week, then what they hell were they thinking about how they dealt with Warfield.

looks like a self-inflicted wound to me

Vermeil better not talk about how "it hurt to not have Warfield for the game" as an excuse for the defense not playing well against the deadskins.

bringbackmarty
10-15-2005, 11:19 AM

I thought the wife-banging thing was true?

bringbackmarty
10-15-2005, 11:22 AM

doesn't he evem have a pick, or a forced fumble?

Gaz
10-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Does anyone really believe that the game will turn on whether Warfield or McCleon plays CB?

Chiefs Offense Vs Redskins Defense will decide this game. Roaf is back, but is he really ready to play at his former level? Will Gonzalez be freed from blocking duties so he can catch some passes? Will Black play better at Right Tackle? Can Johnson hold onto the ball?

Warfield Vs McCleon is a secondary issue [heh, I made a funny].

xoxo~
Gaz
A lot more concerned about the Chiefs’ Offense.

Mr. Laz
10-15-2005, 11:36 AM
Does anyone really believe that the game will turn on whether Warfield or McCleon plays CB?
i think it could be very heavily influenced by that.

surtain is a very good man-to-man guy .... but an average zone guy

Warfield is also better at man-to-man

McCleon is a zone guy

with McCleon starting, Surtain is forced to play to his weakness instead of his strength. With McCleon starting we are playing a defense that doesn't suit anyone on our defense except him.

weakest link dictating our defense.

It's very possible that having Warfield on the field could change the entire look and attitude of our defense. Not because he's a pro bowl cornerback, but because he suits the defensive personnel/scheme.

i expect the entire defense to be much more aggressive when we have two man-to-man type cornerbacks in the game.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2005, 11:41 AM

Chiefs Offense Vs Redskins Defense will decide this game. Roaf is back, but is he really ready to play at his former level? Will Gonzalez be freed from blocking duties so he can catch some passes? Will Black play better at Right Tackle? Can Johnson hold onto the ball?

xoxo~
Gaz

Your right Gaz, as of now, this team has many more problems to worry about than just McCleon/Warfield. The whole team is not playing well at all on either side of the ball. The only improvement i can see so far is that tackling/Run defense and the kicking game is better than recent seasons. As of now, unless we suddenly grow a pass rush, give Green some protection in the pocket, get a steady run game going, get WR's to stop dropping the ball, and stop the stupid turnovers, this team aint going anywhere.

KCJake
10-15-2005, 11:54 AM
This is bullsh!t

Mojo Rising
10-15-2005, 12:34 PM

xoxo~
Gaz

I believe it turns on Warfield if he gives Gun the confidence to blitz and play 1 on 1. The soft zone handicaps the Chiefs chances to win.

Calcountry
10-15-2005, 12:40 PM
I for one, unlike anyone else posting here, am outraged.You've got to be fuggin kidding me?!?

Calcountry
10-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Insanity! I want back all of the draft picks we surrendered for Vermeil.Dammit Carl: :banghead::cuss:

Calcountry
10-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Maybe DV is setting Warfield aside with Kris Wilson to save them for the playoffs.Thats like resting your closer for game 7 when you are down 2 runs in the 8th inning of game 6.

acasas4
10-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Have DV and McNugget set the date yet??? :hmmm:

Calcountry
10-15-2005, 12:53 PM
It doesn't matter who is out there, I'm telling you, the 10 yard cushions aren't going to stop when Warfield comes back. Gun is doing it because the pass rush is so putrid.

It doesn't matter if we were lining up Ty Law and Deion Sanders in their prime, with a pass rush this poor, we're going to get chewed up through the air. Even those guys would have had trouble covering their man for 10 seconds on every down. Old age will get to the opposing QBs before our defensive line will.

I don't like it, I think we should blitz and create pressure somehow, but instead Cunningham has elected to pretend to be Greg Robinson instead. Talk to him about why we are playing 10 yards off the ball.I think this is directly related to Vermiels obsession with stats. I have heard him talk about "not giving up the big play." To him it is almost like a turnover and "teams that don't turn over the football win more times than not, statistically speaking."

He more than likely has given Gun an edict, "No big plays dammit, I don't want us giving up big plays. Do what you have to do to prevent that."

So Gun looks at his talent and is making the only decision he can make from within that paradigm.

Gaz
10-15-2005, 12:54 PM
I believe it turns on Warfield if he gives Gun the confidence to blitz and play 1 on 1. The soft zone handicaps the Chiefs chances to win.

Inept Offense [multiple turnovers, questionable playcalling & inability to move the ball or protect Green] cost us the Eagles game. Not the Defense.

Warfield Vs McCleon is not nearly as important as pass blocking, run blocking, getting Gonzalez the ball or mixing up the playcalling.

Spend your time and bandwidth worrying about Roaf & Gonzlez rather than McCleon & Warfield.

xoxo~
Gaz
Doubts that Roaf will be on top of his game after sitting out so long.

petegz28
10-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Inept Offense [multiple turnovers, questionable playcalling & inability to move the ball or protect Green] cost us the Eagles game. Not the Defense.

Warfield Vs McCleon is not nearly as important as pass blocking, run blocking, getting Gonzalez the ball or mixing up the playcalling.

Spend your time and bandwidth worrying about Roaf & Gonzlez rather than McCleon & Warfield.

xoxo~
Gaz

Yes T.O. running around without a red jersey within 10 yards of him was the fault of the offense!

Gaz
10-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Yes T.O. running around without a red jersey within 10 yards of him was the fault of the offense!

I’m not sure what point you are trying to make here. Are you claiming that the Offense did its job against the Eagles?

xoxo~
Gaz
Groping for common ground.

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 01:04 PM

When the Eagles had to go 70-80 yards to score, they couldn't do it.

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 01:06 PM
Can we get a couple of Chiefsplanet members to kidnap Dewayne Washington?

Hell, I am sure someone here has KC gangster ties. Maybe we could arrange a hit on Dewayne's knee.

Gaz
10-15-2005, 01:12 PM
keg in kc provided a very nice summation of the Offensive woes against the Eagles in Post #12 on this thread:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126372

The Offense threw away the Eagles game.

If the Offense vanishes again, it will not matter who is playing CB.

xoxo~
Gaz
Grudgingly admits that the Eagles might have had a little input.

Mojo Rising
10-15-2005, 01:17 PM

xoxo~
Gaz

I am not just talking about the Eagles game, although I think 31 points(7 on ST) does not make an offense inept. Your comment reminds me of Vermeils statement that Roaf made the defense play poorly which I think is BS.

We did not bring Gun, Surtain, DJ, Bell in to play a soft zone. That is what has cost us games this year and last.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2005, 01:20 PM
keg in kc provided a very nice summation of the Offensive woes against the Eagles in Post #12 on this thread:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126372

The Offense threw away the Eagles game.

If the Offense vanishes again, it will not matter who is playing CB.

xoxo~
Gaz
Grudgingly admits that the Eagles might have had a little input.

GAZ speaks the truth!

As long as Vermeil is HC, this team will never be a Dominating defensive team. This team is supposed to win with offense and they carry the bulk of the load. Thats where all the "Big Money" on this team is. The defense is supposed to just hold its own. We may not like it, but thats the way this team is built. If the offense fails, as it has many times over this season and last year, this team will simply not win many games. We simply arnt built to win games 10-7, 17-10, 13-10. Thats not how this team was constructed like it or not.

Cochise
10-15-2005, 01:28 PM
I thought the wife-banging thing was true?

No.

Extra Point
10-15-2005, 01:39 PM
I am not just talking about the Eagles game, although I think 31 points(7 on ST) does not make an offense inept. Your comment reminds me of Vermeils statement that Roaf made the defense play poorly which I think is BS.

We did not bring Gun, Surtain, DJ, Bell in to play a soft zone. That is what has cost us games this year and last.
MO DEF

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 01:42 PM

Wrong. Outside of one quarter, the offense has been abysmal the last two games.

carlos3652
10-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Hey not sure if this was brought up in the 12 pages that I did not read...

PER NFL.COM

Warfield, the only productive cornerback Kansas City's had for several years, had to sit out the first quarter of the season for violating the NFL's drug abuse policy. Vermeil, though, made it clear Dexter McCleon, not Warfield, will be the starting right cornerback on Sunday.

"Chances are he'll be active this week, but not in a starting role, but (in a) special teams role and a backup role or maybe a limited package role," Vermeil said.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/preview/NFL_20051016_WAS@KC

KChiefs1
10-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Let me guess....Rhonda Moss reported this correct?

Mojo Rising
10-15-2005, 01:56 PM

I said this year and last. For the Jets game we employed an agressive D and it worked. Other than that I see no difference between this years D and last years soft zone.

I would rather have had Surtain take TO man on man and then Sapp (or McLeon) take there other WR man on man and blitzed an injured McNabb.

Thig Lyfe
10-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Double-you.

Tee.

Eff.

Gaz
10-15-2005, 02:12 PM

In all fairness, am willing to give Denver and Philadelphia props for helping our Offense reach new levels of ineptitude the last couple of games.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinks his team got way too much help screwing up the O.

Chiefnj
10-15-2005, 02:21 PM

It could if the Skins play like they did against Dallas where they were heaving bombs to Moss in the 4th quarter.

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Other than that I see no difference between this years D and last years soft zone.

Last year we played alot more man.

Sure-Oz
10-15-2005, 02:28 PM
retarded we need him in there!

donkhater
10-15-2005, 03:01 PM
It's not so much that he's better than McCleon. He's at least better than Dwayne Washington. Say Surtain gets hurt again and Washington gets burned repeatedly. DV will have no excuses.

Mr. Laz
10-15-2005, 04:03 PM
No.

link

CrazyHorse
10-15-2005, 06:43 PM

xoxo~
Gaz

I know this, we didn't spend all that money on Surtain to replace Warfield.

I dont have a problem if Warfield doesn't play if it's justified. However, being told that he is simply an extra corner is hardly an acceptable explanation to why he wont be in there.

I also take issue with the posture Vermeil takes about him being "handed" the position. I believe he has earned the position. I dont feel like Mcleon has ever distinguished himself the better of the two corners.

It would seem on the surface that you haven't been witness to some of the shootouts in the past.

Yes, Warfield can be the difference in the game.

Calcountry
10-15-2005, 07:56 PM
One thing that I am convinced about, is that Washington is much too PC to continue with the name, "Redskins". Remember the Washington "bullets" of the NBA?

How about a nicer name, like the "Congress", or the "Lobyists"?

I can dig it. Washington Congress are going to bottle us up in committe, woo hoo, I am so scared. They are really gonna kick our ass.

milkman
10-15-2005, 08:19 PM
I’m not sure what point you are trying to make here. Are you claiming that the Offense did its job against the Eagles?

xoxo~
Gaz
Groping for common ground.

I think his point is, regardless of the offenses inability to do it's part, the fact remains that the secondary also didn't do it's part.

Yes, turnovers played a big part in the loss.

But this was a total team failure.

If the defense could have held the Eagles to a couple of FGs and a couple of TDs after those turnovers, instead of giving up 28 unanswered points, that game could have had an entirely different look.

To lay the blame entirely on the offense, and the turnovers, is too simple.

The fact is, this defense is just as bad now as it has been since Dick took over.

SNR
10-15-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm too lazy to review this thread. Has this been disproven or is it true?

RedThat
10-15-2005, 08:51 PM
The fact is, this defense is just as bad now as it has been since Dick took over.

The part I find funny is, Dick will always mention that they're getting better.

Gaz
10-15-2005, 10:42 PM
...instead of giving up 28 unanswered points, that game could have had an entirely different look...

The points were “unanswered” because the Offense vanished.

“On the back of a milk carton” vanished.

The Eagles did not drive the length of the field against the Chiefs Defense. They were gifted with exemplary field position by the Offense.

No, the Eagles loss belongs to the Offense. Hall gets an honorable mention for coughing up the ball on a return. Other than that, the O owns it all.

xoxo~
Gaz
Putting the blame exactly where it belongs.

philfree
10-15-2005, 10:48 PM
I think his point is, regardless of the offenses inability to do it's part, the fact remains that the secondary also didn't do it's part.

Yes, turnovers played a big part in the loss.

But this was a total team failure.

If the defense could have held the Eagles to a couple of FGs and a couple of TDs after those turnovers, instead of giving up 28 unanswered points, that game could have had an entirely different look.

To lay the blame entirely on the offense, and the turnovers, is too simple.

They did hold them to one FG after one of the TOs. Our D was playing decent until the O started giving the other team extra chances. But you're right Owens has been shut down by every secondary he's played except ours.

PhilFree:arrow:

cmh6476
10-16-2005, 12:37 AM
wtf?

chefsos
10-16-2005, 12:40 AM
wtf?
Indeed.

keg in kc
10-16-2005, 12:49 AM
It'll be interesting to see if he's actually inactive today or not.

Mecca
10-16-2005, 12:56 AM
I highly doubt it's a swerve move, I expect him to be inactive. Now if he's inactive next week and then following weeks. You can basically chalk this up as "Vermiel is pissed at him". Gotta love the team basically hurting itself to try to send some stupid message.

keg in kc
10-16-2005, 12:58 AM
We don't even know it's Vermeil that's pissed at him, assuming that anyone is. The 'message,' if there is one, could just as easily be coming from the front office as the coaching staff.

If there is a message, it's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. You don't bench a starter to prove a point, not at this level. The message you send to a pro is to cut him and replace him. Not playing a game-ready player to prove some psychological "point" would be cutting off the proverbial nose to spite the proverbial face.

Mecca
10-16-2005, 01:06 AM
We don't even know it's Vermeil that's pissed at him, assuming that anyone is. The 'message,' if there is one, could just as easily be coming from the front office as the coaching staff.

If there is a message, it's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. You don't bench a starter to prove a point, not at this level. The message you send to a pro is to cut him and replace him. Not playing a game-ready player to prove some psychological "point" would be cutting off the proverbial nose to spite the proverbial face.

Considering some of the things we've some from Vermiel and this staff, would it really surprise you?

keg in kc
10-16-2005, 01:08 AM
No. But it also wouldn't suprise me if Warfield played.

What I really don't get is the reasoning we were given late in the week, that Warfield will be in streetclothes because Stills is back. What the hell does one have to do with the other...

Mecca
10-16-2005, 01:16 AM
Because for some assinine reason Vermiel is viewing Warfield as the "5th corner" or "extra corner". Basically saying the only way he had a shot to play this week was if Stills was out he'd take his spot on special teams.

beer bacon
10-16-2005, 01:18 AM
Because for some assinine reason Vermiel is viewing Warfield as the "5th corner" or "extra corner". Basically saying the only way he had a shot to play this week was if Stills was out he'd take his spot on special teams.

You just don't let some bum off the street walk in and replace D. Washington. A guy like Washington has tenure man.

Mecca
10-16-2005, 01:25 AM
You just don't let some bum off the street walk in and replace D. Washington. A guy like Washington has tenure man.

I know that's tongue in cheek but I seriously just started laughing pretty hard.