PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs D Will Be Toasted Sunday

petegz28
10-14-2005, 06:48 PM
No Warfield = More of the same weak ass zone!

After predicting the Chiefs D being in the top 15 this year our coaches have made sure they will be in the lowest rankings. Sunday Brunell will torch our D and our weak ass zone coverage. Why did we go after Surtain if we are still playing 15 yards of recievers? Bartee could of done that just fine.

No pass rush from the D-Line, a lost Kendrell Bell and a 15 yard cushion for all the recievers will give Brunell ample opportunity to blaze a 350+ yard game on our weak secondary.

Why Warfield is not starting I have no idea. What our coaches expect to gain out of playing the loosest zone in football bogles the mind.

chiefsfaninNC
10-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Just because he doesn't start doesn't mean he won't get significant playing time. I expect to see a better defensive performance. The secondary will definately be better this week and we will see GUN become more aggressive as the game goes on.

petegz28
10-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Just because he doesn't start doesn't mean he won't get significant playing time. I expect to see a better defensive performance. The secondary will definately be better this week and we will see GUN become more aggressive as the game goes on.

Latest is that he isn't even suiting up.

nascher
10-14-2005, 07:14 PM
lol why does everybody assume that Warfield without playing since last year could help us against WSH ???

If he could he would play.

petegz28
10-14-2005, 07:15 PM
lol why does everybody assume that Warfield without playing since last year could help us against WSH ???

If he could he would play.

Cause maybe, just maybe we would quit playing the "give the reveiver 15 yards in front of you no matter how deep he runs" defense.

nascher
10-14-2005, 07:17 PM
i hope now Warfield plays(B&R) and gives up 2 50+ yds. TDs maybe you are happy then.

petegz28
10-14-2005, 07:19 PM
i hope now Warfield plays(B&R) and gives up 2 50+ yds. TDs maybe you are happy then.

I would rather give up a 50 yard bomb than let a team just drive down the field and take 6 minutes doing it which is what we are doing now.

Calcountry
10-14-2005, 08:09 PM
I would rather give up a 50 yard bomb than let a team just drive down the field and take 6 minutes doing it which is what we are doing now.I have to disagree with this, merely because, if they take more snaps, they may fug one up along the way. That is better percent chance of stopping them than if they hooked up for a TD on one play.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-14-2005, 08:10 PM
ROFL

NJ Chief Fan
10-14-2005, 08:12 PM
:holdman: :shrug:

JBucc
10-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Nah no 350+ yards for Brunnell, just 275-315

petegz28
10-14-2005, 09:52 PM
I have to disagree with this, merely because, if they take more snaps, they may fug one up along the way. That is better percent chance of stopping them than if they hooked up for a TD on one play.

What in the last 2 games and maybe even 3 has shown you that we have done anything to stop the opposing teams passing attack?

Denver sliced us apart at will. Mcnab looked like Montana. T.O. was running around without a defender in sight! I just assume them score and give our offense time to do their thing.

Now if Gunther quits playing this keep the reciever 10 yards in front of you crap then you would have a point.

Halfcan
10-14-2005, 10:01 PM
God you act like Warfield is an All Pro. Their offense won't be on the field much, we will be too busy running on them.

petegz28
10-14-2005, 10:06 PM
God you act like Warfield is an All Pro. Their offense won't be on the field much, we will be too busy running on them.

With Warfield we can play man coverage which is more than obvious we cannot do with Dex. If we don't play man coverage then I must ask again why in the hell we went after Surtain?

SoCalBronco
10-14-2005, 10:42 PM
This is a win-win game for us.

KCJake
10-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Latest is that he isn't even suiting up.
Who said that? I find that very hard to believe.

Fat Elvis
10-15-2005, 02:20 AM
I have to disagree with this, merely because, if they take more snaps, they may fug one up along the way. That is better percent chance of stopping them than if they hooked up for a TD on one play.

What team have you been watching the past five years?

chief99
10-15-2005, 02:20 AM
Roaf,Welbourne , backup Warfield.

More time to throw. Hopefully less turnovers.

Good chance for a win.

Wallcrawler
10-15-2005, 03:17 AM
It doesnt matter if you play man, or if you play the soft zones.

If you cant get to the quarterback before he has 4-5 seconds in the pocket, neither coverage is going to work.

Blitzing to create pressure can help, but when you have to do it to generate ANY pressure at all, then it becomes a liability. The blitz isnt going to get there every time, and when it gets picked up the odds of a big play happening for the offense increases.

Basicly the only thing that can happen for this defense this season to get better up front is that Ryan Sims is able to come back healthy, and make the impact that he was beginning to make in the pre-season and first part of the opener.

In the meantime, lets just hope that Al Saunders doesnt give anymore games away to the opposing team by calling plays on offense that would make one think he were trying to throw the game away as he did in the Philadelphia Eagles debacle.

Mecca
10-15-2005, 05:40 AM
With Warfield we can play man coverage which is more than obvious we cannot do with Dex. If we don't play man coverage then I must ask again why in the hell we went after Surtain?

That's the truest thing you could say right there. Surtain is being wasted in zone, he's not good at it and it's not his game. If we play zone all year we basically wasted our money and wasted him.

greg63
10-15-2005, 05:55 AM
It doesnt matter if you play man, or if you play the soft zones.

If you cant get to the quarterback before he has 4-5 seconds in the pocket, neither coverage is going to work.

Blitzing to create pressure can help, but when you have to do it to generate ANY pressure at all, then it becomes a liability. The blitz isnt going to get there every time, and when it gets picked up the odds of a big play happening for the offense increases.

Basicly the only thing that can happen for this defense this season to get better up front is that Ryan Sims is able to come back healthy, and make the impact that he was beginning to make in the pre-season and first part of the opener.

In the meantime, lets just hope that Al Saunders doesnt give anymore games away to the opposing team by calling plays on offense that would make one think he were trying to throw the game away as he did in the Philadelphia Eagles debacle.

Agreed, the key to a successful defensive showing is a consistent, get to the quarterback, push up the middle.

Kerberos
10-15-2005, 06:43 AM
Dammit

I thought this thread was about the the D playing so good that the Ghost of Dean Martin was going to come back and raise his Glass in PRAISE of thier performance.

:banghead:

Should have known better!

:cuss: Dammit Carl

Gaz
10-15-2005, 07:16 AM
Wallcrawler nailed it.

xoxo~
Gaz
Has nothing useful to add to that.

Extra Point
10-15-2005, 07:21 AM
The preferred beverage to toast the defense is:
1)Ripple
2)Colt 45
3)Milk
4)dom Perignon
5)Gasoline
What's your pick?

petegz28
10-16-2005, 10:00 AM
K so how many yards off do we play this week at CB?

Wile_E_Coyote
10-16-2005, 10:17 AM
R Moss 6-4
Poter 6-2

T O 6-3
Lewis 6-0

S Moss 5-10
Patten 5-10
Thrash 6-0

-of course they have H-back Cooley at 6-3

brent102fire
10-16-2005, 11:07 AM
No push up the middle = long day for DB's :shake:

petegz28
10-16-2005, 11:58 AM
I don't mind playing zone if guys played tight and closed on the ball carrier as or right after he catches the ball. But staying 10-15 yards in front of the receivers is killing us and wasting the talent of Surtain.

petegz28
10-16-2005, 12:46 PM
And so it begins!

jynni
10-16-2005, 01:08 PM
They should be reminded that the offense is supposed to build a lead before you can go into "prevent" defense.

Extra Point
10-16-2005, 03:27 PM
The preferred beverage to toast the defense is:
1)Ripple
2)Colt 45
3)Milk
4)dom Perignon
5)Gasoline
What's your pick?
I toast Allen and Knight with Colt 45
I toast Bell with Ripple
I toast McLeon with Gasoline (Hold the Premium)
dom Perignon will not be served
Milk for all others....Skim

|Zach|
10-16-2005, 03:29 PM
We won, I imagine Pete is pretty damn pissed off right now.

htismaqe
10-16-2005, 03:49 PM
The idea that McCleon is the sole reason we're playing soft zone is now not only wrong, but laughable.

GUNTHER and the defensive coaches wanted Warfield inactive today. Vermeil wanted to activate him to play special teams, but they didn't want him active.

If not having Warfield was the only reason we weren't playing man coverage then Gunther would have activated him.

Gunther did activate him, he ran his soft zone instead.

Get used to the soft zone, we'll be running it all season, with or without Warfield.

chiefs4me
10-16-2005, 04:02 PM
No Warfield = More of the same weak ass zone!

After predicting the Chiefs D being in the top 15 this year our coaches have made sure they will be in the lowest rankings. Sunday Brunell will torch our D and our weak ass zone coverage. Why did we go after Surtain if we are still playing 15 yards of recievers? Bartee could of done that just fine.

No pass rush from the D-Line, a lost Kendrell Bell and a 15 yard cushion for all the recievers will give Brunell ample opportunity to blaze a 350+ yard game on our weak secondary.

Why Warfield is not starting I have no idea. What our coaches expect to gain out of playing the loosest zone in football bogles the mind.

ROFL

Sure-Oz
10-16-2005, 04:26 PM
soft zone sucks bring back man to man and ****in rush teh damn qb

Count Alex's Losses
10-16-2005, 04:35 PM
The idea that McCleon is the sole reason we're playing soft zone is now not only wrong, but laughable.

GUNTHER and the defensive coaches wanted Warfield inactive today. Vermeil wanted to activate him to play special teams, but they didn't want him active.

If not having Warfield was the only reason we weren't playing man coverage then Gunther would have activated him.

Gunther did activate him, he ran his soft zone instead.

Get used to the soft zone, we'll be running it all season, with or without Warfield.

I don't know about Warfield, but it looked to me like we were playing ALOT more man press coverage today.

htismaqe
10-16-2005, 04:54 PM
I don't know about Warfield, but it looked to me like we were playing ALOT more man press coverage today.

I didn't see much press, but I saw more man. I saw both Surtain and McCleon follow their man across the field when they went into motion.

The problem is that we're still lining up left/right to start the play (before the motion) so a few times it was McCleon chasing a motioning Santana Moss across the field...

Count Alex's Losses
10-16-2005, 04:56 PM
I didn't see much press, but I saw more man. I saw both Surtain and McCleon follow their man across the field when they went into motion.

The problem is that we're still lining up left/right to start the play (before the motion) so a few times it was McCleon chasing a motioning Santana Moss across the field...

Yeah, that is turning out to be a horrible, horrible idea. Washington should have been nowhere even close to Santana Moss during this game.

petegz28
10-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Turonvers saved the game. Kudos to the defense for that. Other than that Brunell still lit us up pretty good.

|Zach|
10-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Turonvers saved the game. Kudos to the defense for that. Other than that Brunell still lit us up pretty good.Ya, I am really sorry how that gamed turned out for you today. Must have been rough seeing that scoreboard.

Hang in there though...

http://www.memory-maker.co.uk/acatalog/20055.jpg

From the ZachKC family.

Count Alex's Losses
10-16-2005, 05:07 PM
Our D has forced TWENTY FUMBLES.

That is just ridiculous.

petegz28
10-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Ya, I am really sorry how that gamed turned out for you today. Must have been rough seeing that scoreboard.

Hang in there though...

From the ZachKC family.

Oh go fug yourself ass-hat.

|Zach|
10-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Oh go fug yourself ass-hat.I understand you are stricken with grief with the win today.

I just want you to know...

You are amongst friends.

Bwana
10-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Ya, I am really sorry how that gamed turned out for you today. Must have been rough seeing that scoreboard.

Hang in there though...

From the ZachKC family.

Quality! ROFL

chief52
10-16-2005, 06:24 PM
Turonvers saved the game. Kudos to the defense for that. Other than that Brunell still lit us up pretty good.

Nothing like being too hard headed to admit you were wrong...

petegz28
10-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Nothing like being too hard headed to admit you were wrong...

PASSING
CP/AT YDS TD INT
M. Brunell 25/41 331 3 0

You are right! I said 350+ yards. I was off by 19. I was wrong! :rolleyes: